Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I love Majora's Mask, but have never finished it. On N64, Gamecube, and Wii VC I always hit some save-erasing or game-freezing bug when I get to the fourth temple and then I give up.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Majora's Mask does so much with the minor characters it puts everything since to shame basically.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Nintendo's amiibo website is live, and has details on exactly what the other amiibo will do in Hyrule Warriors:
    Tap the Link™ amiibo figure to receive a new weapon to use in battle: the Spinner from The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess game.
    Tap the Zelda™ amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 stars or higher.
    Tap any other amiibo figure once per day to get a weapon rated 3 starts or lower, Rupee bonus or crafting material bonus.

Software update coming in late November 2014 will add amiibo functionality.

I was afraid that amiibos would be a one time scan thing. Zelda looks pretty good for weapon grinding. Wonder if you can trick the game by changing the system time?

• Options
    Once per day?

Oh dear. As someone who has turned on Hyrule Warriors at least once a day since it came out, that could get out of hand.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Kind of disappointed the Zelda one doesn't do something better. In a game where I get weapons all the damn time but can only hold, like, 10, I don't really need more.

Also I still say Toon Link amiibo should unlock the Wind Waker for Link :p

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Just unlock all weapons for Link.

• Options
    I'm just worried that the DLC TP weapon is also the spinner. Instead of something you know, not Link.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm just worried that the DLC TP weapon is also the spinner. Instead of something you know, not Link.

The weapons are the characters as far as I'm concerned, so while it's fun to see someone else on the field, I treat Epona Link, Ball & Chain Link, and Sword & Shield Link as distinct characters.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

The weapons are the characters as far as I'm concerned, so while it's fun to see someone else on the field, I treat Epona Link, Ball & Chain Link, and Sword & Shield Link as distinct characters.

Well, except that I can't use Ball and Chain while someone else uses Epona.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »

Well, except that I can't use Ball and Chain while someone else uses Epona.

This is an excellent point that I had not considered.

After seeing Zelda using Harp and Sword/Shield in Master Quest, maybe that will change in a future update?

• Options
    Then actively take away weapons from all other characters. Sorry, Dorf, you're Captain Falcon. Ruto, go home.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Twilight Princess Pack will be out next week on the 27th, worldwide.

The new character is...
    Twili Midna, using the Mirror of Twilight as her weapon.

Everyone basically called that she would be in the pack, it was just a matter of if she was going to be in as a separate character or as a 'weapon' for regular Midna.

No details on what the costumes or anything are (beyond a hint that Link may be cosplaying as a different Zelda character), and the way it was worded it might be that the new weapon they advertised is just the DLC character's weapon but we don't know for sure yet.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Not Malo?

Pre-order cancelled

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Twilight Princess Pack will be out next week on the 27th, worldwide.

The new character is...
    Twili Midna, using the Mirror of Twilight as her weapon.

Everyone basically called that she would be in the pack, it was just a matter of if she was going to be in as a separate character or as a 'weapon' for regular Midna.

No details on what the costumes or anything are (beyond a hint that Link may be cosplaying as a different Zelda character), and the way it was worded it might be that the new weapon they advertised is just the DLC character's weapon but we don't know for sure yet.

We give thanks for the bounty we are about to recieve, yada yada.

Of course, I'm out of town visiting family that day. Which is fine, since I'll just binge it when I get back.

• Options
    At least I get one day to play it before Smash and Pokemon are out. Welp.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Link outfit prediction:
    Ravio

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Enlong wrote: »
    Link outfit prediction:
    Ravio

Oh, that would be awesome. And imply the Zelda outfit.

It is the TP pack, so...

Well, there isn't really anyone that comes to mind who would make sense really. Ashei I could see using the sword moveset, but other than that?

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Link outfit prediction:
    Ravio

That's already (kinda) his Master Quest costume

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Link outfit prediction:
    Ravio

You mean Four Swords Link #4?

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Link outfit prediction:
    Ravio

You mean Four Swords Link #4?

Also possible, but I guess since Zelda has a Hilda costume that is what Link's is supposed to be.

I dunno. Guess we'll know for sure next week.

• Options
    His master quest outfit lacks anything like it except a general purpleness.
    theres no bunny hood, no robe-like parts, no black hair...

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Well, there isn't really anyone that comes to mind who would make sense really. Ashei I could see using the sword moveset, but other than that?

Yeto, Yeta, Ashei, or some sort of tag-team combination of them was one of the more popular predictions (ie. Ashei supplementing sword attacks by summoning the yetis in some of her combos, or playing as Yeto who summons boss-form Yeta for his supers or something).

With Agitha opening door for bizarre choices, Hena with a fishing pole moveset was also predicted.

Hero's Shade was also a popular choice (though it'd seem like that could just be a Link Costume unless you were utilizing the golden wolf form as part of the moveset).

Some people also wanted King Bulbin to get another villain and another mounted moveset. He also probably has the most exposure after the characters that are already in.

I also saw someone put together a moveset for Ook based around deku babas, bomb flowers, and summoning other monkeys and animals. Along with a butt-slap taunt, of course.

Really though, when it comes to characters you're selling to people, most of them didn't really have a chance, as the Agitha Defense doesn't work as well when you need your audience to recognize the character they have to pay separately for.

Which is also why the MM Pack's characters will probably be Skull Kid and Tingle.

Lars on
  • Options
    He was actually asking who from Twilight Princess would make sense as inspiring a costume for Link, since Aonuma said one of the new costumes will basically be Link dressing up as someone else.

• Options
    He was actually asking who from Twilight Princess would make sense as inspiring a costume for Link, since Aonuma said one of the new costumes will basically be Link dressing up as someone else.

Ah, I misread.

I'm not completely sure it will be restricted to Twilight Princess for the costumes though. The DLC Character on it's own is probably enough to give the pack it's name, and the Mario Kart 8 DLC shows that pack names only go so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hero's Shade, though.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    I've never actually played MM beyond the very intro... I should probably give it a shot this time.

I love Majora's Mask so much, it makes me sad when the intro and 3-day concept scares people away. I don't know if that's the case with you, but if it is, push past that! It's not as difficult as it seems

actually I never owned an N64. I borrowed a friend's just to play OoT back then and honestly I don't remember where I even played the MM intro but I know I remember it. It could have even been like a toys R us or something back when they set up demo units

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I've been testing the new DLC and know all the stuffs. If you really want to know what's coming up....
    ...wait until the 27th. :P Seriously though, it's pretty neat.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've been testing the new DLC and know all the stuffs. If you really want to know what's coming up....
    ...wait until the 27th. :P Seriously though, it's pretty neat.

You Monster.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    My Wii U is theoretically operational again, but the floor is covered in books, so I still can't play for a while.

• Options
    Bender_OITBender_OIT Bendimus Prime Port Orchard, WARegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Which is also why the MM Pack's characters will probably be Skull Kid and Tingle.
    Do we know if there are any weapons coming with that pack? We know there are two new characters and three new skins at least. I'm still hoping for:

New characters - Skull Kid and Deku Link
    New weapons - Dual Blade Fins/Boomerangs for Ruto and something that gives Darunia that rolling buzzsaw attack.
    New Skins - Zora Link for Ruto and Goron Link for Darunia, and Fierce Deity for Link.

Ruto would be the biggest problem, maybe it would be a Link-type costume for her.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    My Wii U is theoretically operational again, but the floor is covered in books, so I still can't play for a while.

I have no clue how these two things are related but I am fascinated.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    You know if the MM characters arent happy Mask Salesman and Postman I think Ill be a bit disapointed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Throwing different masks at people as different combo finishers.

However I NEED Tingle.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Yo Zelda thread; I need some motivation to keep playing wind waker hd. I got to the first town last night and spent a few minutes getting screwed over by these goddamn rats in this crawly maze area and got all flustered. I also really didn't like the first dungeon area with the barrel stealth stuff. I love the art style and the animations (Link's facial expressions are wonderful) but the first hour or so of the actual gameplay has turned me off.

It gets better once I get the boat going right? Please tell me it gets better.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Yo Zelda thread; I need some motivation to keep playing wind waker hd. I got to the first town last night and spent a few minutes getting screwed over by these goddamn rats in this crawly maze area and got all flustered. I also really didn't like the first dungeon area with the barrel stealth stuff. I love the art style and the animations (Link's facial expressions are wonderful) but the first hour or so of the actual gameplay has turned me off.

It absolutely gets better once the boat is sailing and the world opens up. I never found the opening section particularly sloggy, but I can see how it could be.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    To be honest, Wind Waker feels much more like an adventure compared to other 3D Zeldas. I think it all comes down to how much you enjoy sailing? WW doesn't have that many dungeons compared to...say...Twilight Princess, but the quest is so much more memorable IMHO.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

Yeah, you just got past the worst part of the game, seriously.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Also...the more I play Ocarina's Master Quest the more I hate it. I just don't think the dungeons flow. They feel obtuse just for the sake of being obtuse. I'm up to the Fire Temple right now...does it get better?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Also...the more I play Ocarina's Master Quest the more I hate it. I just don't think the dungeons flow. They feel obtuse just for the sake of being obtuse. I'm up to the Fire Temple right now...does it get better?

Haha, nope, my friend had the same opinion. A few years back we decided to play every Zelda game in order, and he'd never played the master quest before so he gave it a shot. He found it infuriating and full of bullshit puzzles, stuff embedded in the walls for no good reason, barely visible. It's weird all the way through.

• Options

I never liked Ocarina's Master Quest. The puzzles don't feel right, they just feel random. Nintendo gameplay always makes sense in the context of the world, usually, but the Ocarina MQ has this sort of "throw all your items at everything and hope for the right interaction".

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Master Quest is the SMB2j/Lost Levels of Zelda games. It sacrifices well crafted design for slapped together "difficulty" - largely just changing things because whatever, it's harder this way. So there's no grand concept of what the dungeon is supposed to be. It's just a series of generic challenges that don't always for the theme or mood

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282