As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Darlan wrote: »
    The Bayonetta anime ad struck me as super-weird this week
    Yeah, I don't think I'd be happy if I were any of their advertising sponsors. They tend to throw in a thinly veiled layer of condescension, or at the very least painfully palpable insincerity, to their ads.

as someone who listens to a bunch of different podcasts and hears the same set of companies advertised on pretty much all of them, I've heard podcast ads go way more off the rails and nothing's ever come from it. It's pretty clear that there's a boilerplate ad sheet that goes out to everyone and honestly the more off the rails ones are way better at standing out.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    see: every single mbmbam ad

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I find it very difficult to watch Dave Lang for an extended period of time without feeling the need to adopt his mannerisms

wowowow

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I find it very difficult to watch Dave Lang for an extended period of time without feeling the need to adopt his mannerisms

wowowow

Get bopped

Bodied

So godlike

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    And to (almost) end it, Dave Lang doxxes himself.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Dan Ryckert: "Do they have cops in France?"

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    When does the Jason stream start? This GS stream makes me want to die.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I am too old for character action stuff like Bayonetta I guess because I can't make sense of anything happening on that screen.

I need measured pacing in my games.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Dan's joy at beating the shit out of everything in the Bayonetta quick look is fucking delightful.

We NEEEEEEEED a Vinny/Dan quick look. It would be like the Epic Yarn one but with more killing of innocent civilians.

• Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Can anyone connect to the chat for the Extra Life stream?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I am connected, but there is zero cooldown and Dan made a surprise visit so it might be in the process of melting down.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    Fact: Jeff is contractually obligated to Quick Look every Yoshi game

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I don't think I'd be happy if I were any of their advertising sponsors. They tend to throw in a thinly veiled layer of condescension, or at the very least painfully palpable insincerity, to their ads.

as someone who listens to a bunch of different podcasts and hears the same set of companies advertised on pretty much all of them, I've heard podcast ads go way more off the rails and nothing's ever come from it. It's pretty clear that there's a boilerplate ad sheet that goes out to everyone and honestly the more off the rails ones are way better at standing out.

One of my other favorite podcasts which is now Night Attack, used to be a different show and got in trouble for their ad going a bit too off the rails. So they did this.
    And it was great. Their sponsors mostly love them because their ads are so off the wall crazy people actually listen rather than skip ahead.

I'm surprised so many people like Bayonetta. But I never played the first one, just thought it looked crazy odd but not in a good way? Apparently I was wrong?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Apparently Jason watches a lot of Nickelodean.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

One of my other favorite podcasts which is now Night Attack, used to be a different show and got in trouble for their ad going a bit too off the rails. So they did this.
    And it was great. Their sponsors mostly love them because their ads are so off the wall crazy people actually listen rather than skip ahead.

I'm surprised so many people like Bayonetta. But I never played the first one, just thought it looked crazy odd but not in a good way? Apparently I was wrong?

It's a game full of style and fun, with extremely good gameplay.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    This just in from the Extra Life stream - Jason washes his ass. Yes, this is confirmed. He has a clean ass.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    y1GEqY0.png

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Just threw down a hundy for extra life. Hope they hit their goal this year!

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Guys I went down the Top level domain rabbit hole a bit, after the podcast

vodka.beer is literally a white page with:

"vodka and beer

vodka and beer"

in text, and nothing else.

Boy the internet is pretty great.

Khavall on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Yeah, but what is beer.vodka ?

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, but what is beer.vodka ?

Don't you know what they say about beer before liquor?

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    So have they still not heard from Drew yet? It's pretty amazing that he would want to do this after flying back home.

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Danny, Lisa, Samantha, Ian, and Jason make for an allllllright giantbomb stream

Steam ID
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Oh no, I love all their actual ads, and this one was no exception

I just think it was weird that there was an ad for a Bayonetta anime on the Bombcast

• Options
    tsplitter wrote: »
    So have they still not heard from Drew yet? It's pretty amazing that he would want to do this after flying back home.

Yeah, the longer they don't hear from Drew, the shorter of a buffer they will have if he's jetlagged or something and needs to recover, shouldering a heavier load on Brad.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    tsplitter wrote: »

Yeah, the longer they don't hear from Drew, the shorter of a buffer they will have if he's jetlagged or something and needs to recover, shouldering a heavier load on Brad.

Don't worry, he's just recovering after spending three weeks fultoning guys into Scanlon Sans Frontiers.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Wow, Samantha really got good at this challenge fast. I only stepped away for 30 minutes and now she's parrying the entire thing.

• Options
    Danny butt..

Steam ID
  • Options
    And the livestream pizza disaster streak continues.

• Options
    I just went for a jog, so I missed the pizzas. Did they forget half the order again this year?

Also, Jason is confirmed for smooth. I mean, he's gotta be after all those cheesy stories Lisa told on the stream, cause he's still married.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Not as bad as last year, no. They just didn't remember the World Series when they ordered, so it took 2 hours. Then the delivery person apparently arrived then gave up without knocking so brought it back to the place. The new pizzas then took 45 minutes more to cook and deliver.

• Options
    Hmm, coulda sworn Danny said he gave them Jason's phone number so they could call.

Also the WS game was over a while ago. Are people just shame eating pizzas?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    They are streaming P.T. right now. It's pretty intense!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

It got to the point where it just happens to have Lisa's name in the game and she lost her shit for a minute there.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    BillyIdle wrote: »

It got to the point where it just happens to have Lisa's name in the game and she lost her shit for a minute there.

I'm about 15 minutes behind, but man poor Lisa. P.T. is not her game.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Yeah, that "Lisa" moment was pretty fantastic in a meta sense.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Brad with some amazing duets with the Crypt of the Necrodancer shopkeeper.

This discussion has been closed.