Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

19596979899101»

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ward has become amazing.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I think that Marvel is slowly coming to the conclusion that the best thing for some characters and actors in Agents of SHIELD is to say "You know what? Screw this whole keeping it real stuff. RELEASE THE HOUNDS! GO FORTH, MY PRETTIES, AND CHEW THAT SCENERY TO BITS!"

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    This show has no right to be this good. Who would have thought tafter the first few episode we would be cheering for sky, hate/love ward and have this cast of crazy supers, deathlock and fitz turning into the best characther on the show.

and still no monkey.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I think that Marvel is slowly coming to the conclusion that the best thing for some characters and actors in Agents of SHIELD is to say "You know what? Screw this whole keeping it real stuff. RELEASE THE HOUNDS! GO FORTH, MY PRETTIES, AND CHEW THAT SCENERY TO BITS!"

Speed Force.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I dunno.

Wesley was the best character on Angel, and look how he started.

Jesse was arguably the best character on Breaking Bad, and he started out as a punk.

I'm rather accustomed to the best character on a show being someone who's rather innocuous at first.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I dunno.

Jesse was arguably the best character on Breaking Bad, and he started out as a punk.

I'm rather accustomed to the best character on a show being someone who's rather innocuous at first.

Character growth is always a bit more interesting than characters who start as one thing and stay there.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    So all you need to do is slit everyone's throat and have their former friend try to smother them with a pillow.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I dunno.

It's still pretty amazing that Angel took the three worst characters from Buffy and made them all so goddamn endearing. Wesley's arc is pretty incredible, especially. I like that AoS has diverged so heavily from the initial archetypes. Making Skye actually grow up, giving May depth, making Ward the a pretty thrilling psychopath, and splitting up the wonder twins so that Fitz can basically become the highlight of the show.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I dunno.

It's still pretty amazing that Angel took the three worst characters from Buffy and made them all so goddamn endearing. Wesley's arc is pretty incredible, especially. I like that AoS has diverged so heavily from the initial archetypes. Making Skye actually grow up, giving May depth, making Ward the a pretty thrilling psychopath, and splitting up the wonder twins so that Fitz can basically become the highlight of the show.

Not to mention making Simmons an ice cold liar when she needs to get something done. Infiltrating Hydra? Knocking out Bobbi? That's a ways from the Simmons we met in the first episode.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I dunno.

Not to mention making Simmons an ice cold liar when she needs to get something done. Infiltrating Hydra? Knocking out Bobbi? That's a ways from the Simmons we met in the first episode.

That's why I think (upcoming episode speculation)
    She's going to try and kill Ward

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I dunno.

That's why I think (upcoming episode speculation)
    She's going to try and kill Ward
    "The slow blade penetrates the shield", as it were.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I'm not sure it was entirely planned out, but the entire FitzSimmons relationship arc has been pretty stellar. You start out with two people with a long history and an incredible closeness, but as individual characters they're kind of shallow. Then you put them though hell and have circumstances drive a wedge between them, forcing them each to grow on their own in ways they couldn't have done if they were together.

Let them each become pretty awesome in their own right, then let them reconcile. You now have two characters who have had very meaningful personal arcs, but with an intimate relationship that would've normally been impossible to really communicate in the span of one and a half seasons.

It's just an amazingly efficient way to get two characters to have storied histories both individually and together. It's the sort of dynamic you normally take three or four seasons to pull off, and they did it in under two.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Know what I love the most? Everyone on Coulson's team still calls him Mike. Deathlok is the tech, not the person.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Oh shit! Rewatching Season 2 in time for Age of Ultron and I'm noticing lots of little foreshadowing
    Like Mack and Bobbi's attitudes towards Coulson, Coulson going "You will NEVER again be a part of this team" to Ward

But probably the best one
    Cal tells Whitehall that once everything is over he'll be "reunited with his family in the afterlife.

Undead Scottsman on
This discussion has been closed.