Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Goddamn it, Ward

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Goddamn it, Ward

Which one?
    I'm kind of expecting that they're in cahoots.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Looks like a break next week and if anyone's curious the exclusive scene for Age of Ultron
    Is the party scene from the SDCC promo where everyone tries to lift Thor's hammer.

So yeah, this was an awesome episode and cool to see more of Bobbi's abilities.

Can't wait to see what they do with the alien stuff.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So in Canada, Agents of SHIELD airs on CTV.

CTV didn't show the Age of Ultron scene.

I has a sad.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That party scene,
    I love how Cap manages to rock the hammer slightly and Thor looks worried.

It would be great later in the movie if there is a scene of just Thor and Cap and Cap just casually hands Thor the hammer. Thor is startled, and Cap shrugs and says something like, "never wanted to be a god".

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

I has a sad.

Yeah.

It's some bullshit.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    That was one hell of an episode. Great character moments, feints in terms of both character development and plot, and more layers of mystery. And decent action.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Dat fight choreography.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    That was one hell of an episode. Great character moments, feints in terms of both character development and plot, and more layers of mystery. And decent action.

I'll admit it, there were a few times I expected
    someone from Coulson's crew to bite it.

Regarding Simmons
    I'm really worried where they're going with it. I just hope she makes it long enough to make good on her promise to Ward.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    That party scene,

It would be great later in the movie if there is a scene of just Thor and Cap and Cap just casually hands Thor the hammer. Thor is startled, and Cap shrugs and says something like, "never wanted to be a god".

My thought/dream:
    Thor, beaten and bloody, either summons or throws the hammer at Thanos. Thanos easily dodges but Steve (standing behind Thanos) grabs the hammer and lays a beatdown on purple chin. This staggers him enough to rally the rest of the team. Maybe even throw in "Avengers, Assemble!" when Steve gives Thor back his weapon.

Anyway, this does feel like a nice stopping point what with
    the international governments getting off Coulson's back and there's a mutual respect between Shield and Talbot. But then again with Ward now on the loose and the Alien map still in play, I kinda want to know what happens next.

Feels like a good end of arc point.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I actually like hail hydra as a thread title more than our current one

mostly because they're not really the agents of samjacks these days

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »

They are in spirit.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

All folk of all nations, if they be of good heart, are agents of SLJ

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, are we supposed to know...
    who the tattoo guy is?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    who the tattoo guy is?
    Skye's Daddy-O

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I was hoping Ward wouldn't escape, partially because it was so obvious, and also because I think it'd be a more interesting dynamic to play out. With him back on the loose, there's almost a few too many (untethered) moving parts for my liking. It was also a little staged, what with the incredible decrease in security precautions for transport, and their carrying unwieldy automatics inside the truck, and man, even I know about that thumb thing from watching TV.

Maybe this will occur later, but I feel like the loss in Brussels was undersold. Given how weak SHIELD is right now, I felt like Coulson should've taken it hard or harder. As it is, it just didn't have much audience impact, them dropping in this character we've never seen before at the start of the show and killing her off later in it. It seems like the sort of thing writers will commentate on later on a DVD about how they meant for it to have this impact, but it didn't end up carrying through from the initial script to the screen. (It did also feel like the episode concluded rather suddenly, so maybe it got left on the cutting room floor.)

Also, that attack on the UN really made no damn sense. Those weapons weren't particularly advantageous tactically. It seemed like UN security slapstick, that guard who, instead of pulling his gun, runs up to them and gets clotheslined, the guard who yells FREEZE, the whole... not shooting anybody. I don't know if that was intentionally portrayed to appear staged, but geez, I'd expect my campus cops to be more responsive than that.

A couple Qs:

1. We're not supposed to know who that guy at the end is, right? Or did I miss something? (Cougartown crossover?)
    2. Is there anywhere I can catch this missing scene I did not get to watch?

Edit:
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    who the tattoo guy is?
    Skye's Daddy-O
    No, tattoo guy is Bobby's dad from Cougartown. Skye's dad is The Captain from HIMYM.

hippofant on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    who the tattoo guy is?
    Skye's Daddy-O
    No, tattoo guy is Bobby's dad from Cougartown. Skye's dad is The Captain from HIMYM.
    Then I'm totally confused.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Mockingbird is seriously awesome.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

They are in spirit.

I'm still fan of Agents of XCOM, myself.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »

I has a sad.

Yeah.

It's some bullshit.

Hopefully the youtube version works:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwuoYKhqx8

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Thank you nusu.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That speech Talbot gave at the beginning was weird.
    He said that SHIELD came on to the scene during the Chitauri attack and that they thought that it was going to help protect the world. He made it sound like SHIELD was some kind of private organization that popped out of nowhere. But it was created by the Allies after WW2, funded by the UN, and heavily supported by the US government. I know that he was probably trying to rewrite history and playing politics but it's kind of hard to deny that SHIELD probably got billions if not hundreds of billions of dollars, lots of weapons and equipment, and tons of personnel from the United States government.

That whole fake SHIELD attack on the UN was really stupid. Could they have made it more obvious that the whole thing was fake and meant to smear SHIELD's name? The only way it could have been sillier is if their SHIELD logos were stickers and when they get pulled off, there's a Hydra logo underneath.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Thank you sir.
    So while Coulson's "dead" but secretly trying to keep the world from falling apart, Hill's knocking glasses with the cool kids, huh?

Edit: Also, Thor was totally worried when Captain America moved it just a little, and then tried to laugh it off and pretend he didn't.

Double also, is that Scarlet Witch falling to her knees in some sort of terrible distress, perhaps at the loss of her brother? Surely, that can't be a plotline in the MCU....

hippofant on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Edit:
    who the tattoo guy is?
    Skye's Daddy-O

That's why Sky's dad looks familiar, I was trying to figure it out, and was to dumb/lazy to IMDB it.

I don't think I'm going to be able to take him seriously as a villain now :sad:

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Edit:
    who the tattoo guy is?
    Skye's Daddy-O

That's why Sky's dad looks familiar, I was trying to figure it out, and was to dumb/lazy to IMDB it.

I don't think I'm going to be able to take him seriously as a villain now :sad:

Damn good coffee.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    He said that SHIELD came on to the scene during the Chitauri attack and that they thought that it was going to help protect the world. He made it sound like SHIELD was some kind of private organization that popped out of nowhere. But it was created by the Allies after WW2, funded by the UN, and heavily supported by the US government. I know that he was probably trying to rewrite history and playing politics but it's kind of hard to deny that SHIELD probably got billions if not hundreds of billions of dollars, lots of weapons and equipment, and tons of personnel from the United States government.

That whole fake SHIELD attack on the UN was really stupid. Could they have made it more obvious that the whole thing was fake and meant to smear SHIELD's name? The only way it could have been sillier is if their SHIELD logos were stickers and when they get pulled off, there's a Hydra logo underneath.
    To me it looked like Hydra was trying to grant extra political cover to the folks who want SHIELD's heads on pikes. It wasn't supposed to be subtle or even terribly realistic, it was just so people like Talbot could point and go, "See? See? They're totes evil!"

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Thank you sir.
    So while Coulson's "dead" but secretly trying to keep the world from falling apart, Hill's knocking glasses with the cool kids, huh?

Edit: Also, Thor was totally worried when Captain America moved it just a little, and then tried to laugh it off and pretend he didn't.

Double also, is that Scarlet Witch falling to her knees in some sort of terrible distress, perhaps at the loss of her brother? Surely, that can't be a plotline in the MCU....
    Maria Hill works for Tony Stark

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

To the average person, before New York, SHIELD was clandestine with what they did. Sure, there was some department with a whacky name that showed up every once in a while, but they flew under the radar. But then ALIENS! happened, and if the choice was "let those other fuckers dictate what happens" or "Come out into the open and have control", of course Fury was going to take option #2.

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »

To me it looked like Hydra was trying to grant extra political cover to the folks who want SHIELD's heads on pikes. It wasn't supposed to be subtle or even terribly realistic, it was just so people like Talbot could point and go, "See? See? They're totes evil!"

That plan is so cartoony, I doubt that it would even work if Cobra tried it against G.I. Joe.
    Mvrck wrote: »

To the average person, before New York, SHIELD was clandestine with what they did. Sure, there was some department with a whacky name that showed up every once in a while, but they flew under the radar. But then ALIENS! happened, and if the choice was "let those other fuckers dictate what happens" or "Come out into the open and have control", of course Fury was going to take option #2.

SHIELD had nukes. It clearly had billions of dollars worth of military equipment and the most advanced technology in the world. It should have been pretty obvious to everyone that SHIELD was backed by the most powerful countries in the world.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

That plan is so cartoony, I doubt that it would even work if Cobra tried it against G.I. Joe.
    Mvrck wrote: »

SHIELD had nukes. It clearly had billions of dollars worth of military equipment and the most advanced technology in the world. It should have been pretty obvious to everyone that SHIELD was backed by the most powerful countries in the world.

They were basically MCU X-COM before they collapsed.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Uh
    The Attack on the UN was supposed to put pressure on SHIELD, so they'd pull their people back to neutral safehouses which, OH NOES, turned out to not be neutral at all.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It was both.

And Simmons better make good on her promise!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

You're not really putting yourself in the shoes of a regular Joe in that world. As far as the average watcher of nightly news goes,

1) there are all these military goomba assholes running around with space lasers trying to kill people
    2) some of them are called HYDRA and some of them are called SHIELD and one used to be part of the other, or something? It's confusing
    3) anyway the government says they're all terrorists
    4) the angry white man on the TV is right, we need to do something about this menace!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    OMG tonights episode was amazeballs.

The weakest parts were the safehouse agent in the Netherlands, followed by the tea scene in Japan. Everything else had me glued to the screen.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So, I feel like I kind of called it in terms of Ward
    being "if crazy gets me out..."

Also Simmons :(

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    That party scene,

I want someone who doesn't know how the hammer works to pick it up, and never know the significance of what they just did.
    Thor: Let me-
    Fitz: No, I got it, [shifts hammer aside, and grabs the tablet he was reaching for], we just need to- [aware that everyone's staring at him] what?
    Thor: Uh, nothing.

edit: replaced Coulson with Fitz, 'cause that just makes it funnier.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

Uh
    The Attack on the UN was supposed to put pressure on SHIELD, so they'd pull their people back to neutral safehouses which, OH NOES, turned out to not be neutral at all.
    The safehouse in Bruges was compromised because SHIELD was looking for Beckers.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

You're not really putting yourself in the shoes of a regular Joe in that world. As far as the average watcher of nightly news goes,

1) there are all these military goomba assholes running around with space lasers trying to kill people
    2) some of them are called HYDRA and some of them are called SHIELD and one used to be part of the other, or something? It's confusing
    3) anyway the government says they're all terrorists
    4) the angry white man on the TV is right, we need to do something about this menace!

Unless average citizens in the Marvel Universe can vote on every decision the government makes, that really doesn't affect much.

Also, it's been a couple of years since SHIELD's existence became widely known and many months since Hydra's reveal, not to mention all of SHIELD's secrets being leaked. There's probably a lot more information out there about SHIELD and Hydra. And considering how people think that SHIELD/Hydra tried to kill millions of people, why are they just now considering a proposal for a multi-national force to take down SHIELD? Shouldn't they already have one established?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    People have short memories. People in reality think dismantling SHIELD was a good idea. And it's an election year. Time to drum up some support. And there we have it. The plan makes perfect sense all around.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The wheels of government grind slow.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    It is kind of funny how
    Ward's brother proposed that they should create a multi-national military force to take down SHIELD so he pretty much wants to make another SHIELD to hunt SHIELD.

This discussion has been closed.