Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Please, you monster, we already have that shit with Ward and Skye.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    It doesn't even matter. Fuck them both. Coulson has the right idea.

I have to disagree with you. End of Episode spoilers
    I think its pretty clear that the episode showed that Coulson made the wrong decision. His hate for Ward blinded him, and he ended up putting Ward in a position where he could easily escape. This is going to come back and bite Coulson in the rear.

Unless
    Coulson actually counted on Ward escaping in order to track him or something.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I think I am going to bookmark my theory on Skye, her father and
    star lord
    for future reference, just in case I end up looking all Nostradamus-like.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »

I think its pretty clear that the episode showed that Coulson made the wrong decision. His hate for Ward blinded him, and he ended up putting Ward in a position where he could easily escape. This is going to come back and bite Coulson in the rear.

Unless
    Not sure if Coulson would put a plan forth that would be certain to get some of his men killed.

Just sayin'.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    I could see Ward infiltrating Hydra, then returning with intel

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote: »

Like a misguided trained assassin puppy, returning with a stick, hoping to get s treat?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Unless
    Not sure if Coulson would put a plan forth that would be certain to get some of his men killed.

Just sayin'.

They weren't Coulsons men. They were FBI.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Like a misguided trained assassin puppy, returning with a stick, hoping to get s treat?

Like you wouldn't do the same for Skye.

84189-Agents-of-SHIELD--Skye-Joins-T-xFJK.jpeg

• Options
    Decomposey wrote: »

Unless

Just sayin'.

Would Coulson knowingly put a plan forth that would be certain to get any innocent men killed?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular

Unless

Just sayin'.

Would Coulson knowingly put a plan forth that would be certain to get any innocent men killed?
    Maybe if he knew for certain that the senator was Hydra? But it's a good point, he probably wouldn't.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I think Grant Ward was probably telling the truth. He's a rat bastard, but being honest with Skye is the one link he has with any kind of stability. He doesn't much benefit from lying anyway, considering nobody trusts him without independent verification anyway.

Meanwhile, his brother has every reason to lie.

Fairly simple to decide on a direction to lean when suspicious here.

Can't check the episode right now, but... (re. the Wards):
    IIRC, Ward Sr never said the well incident never happened. He just said, "Oh, it's a well now." And then went on and talked about some other incident with a screwdriver.

I still think they're both telling the truth, and it just so happens that they're both terrible people.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    I think Grant Ward was probably telling the truth. He's a rat bastard, but being honest with Skye is the one link he has with any kind of stability. He doesn't much benefit from lying anyway, considering nobody trusts him without independent verification anyway.

Meanwhile, his brother has every reason to lie.

Fairly simple to decide on a direction to lean when suspicious here.

Can't check the episode right now, but... (re. the Wards):
    IIRC, Ward Sr never said the well incident never happened. He just said, "Oh, it's a well now." And then went on and talked about some other incident with a screwdriver.

I still think they're both telling the truth, and it just so happens that they're both terrible people.
    I thought Ward Sr. was talking about himself with the screwdriver, rather than telling the whole truth.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Not really. having ward in his base with people that want to kill him in addition to sky who he potentially could manipulate over time makes getting rid of him a win-win situation. The question is should he have just dissapeared him permanently or not.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Ward's become the kind of character I generally don't care for - the recurring villain who's more sleaze than threat, bad but not evil, competent but pathetic, and not of much importance in the grand scheme. Kinda like Lindsay from Angel. Or Faith near the end of Buffy season 3 - Angel season 2. Like, you'd feel bad for them if they weren't such a huge asshole.

IMO this is a very off description of the character.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options

Like you wouldn't do the same for Skye.

84189-Agents-of-SHIELD--Skye-Joins-T-xFJK.jpeg

http://img.pandawhale.com/85718-Chloe-Bennet-Skye-bra-gif-hot-lyrh.gif

http://img.pandawhale.com/85718-Chloe-Bennett-Skye-red-dress-r-GFSa.gif

achem...

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    star lord

ok, lets just address that one then shall we,(spoilers for non AoS Marvel movie stuff)
    so you think Quill's dad had a group of aliens abduct him from Earth, so that they could be reunited, while he was still on Earth? that seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to. also, nothing about Skye's dad make him seem like a guy you'd describe as 'an angel' or a 'being of pure light', though i guess the 2nd could be revealed later.

so, yeah, not buying that theory i'm afraid. just doesn't make sense to me. a link between them, perhaps, but that not that link.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

Unless

Just sayin'.

Uhhh... he just got done playing fast and loose with the life of one of his closest agents.

I think it's safe to say that he's pretty damn good at taking the new job seriously.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    star lord

ok, lets just address that one then shall we,(spoilers for non AoS Marvel movie stuff)
    so you think Quill's dad had a group of aliens abduct him from Earth, so that they could be reunited, while he was still on Earth? that seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to. also, nothing about Skye's dad make him seem like a guy you'd describe as 'an angel' or a 'being of pure light', though i guess the 2nd could be revealed later.

so, yeah, not buying that theory i'm afraid. just doesn't make sense to me. a link between them, perhaps, but that not that link.

A mishmash of GOTG and AoS Stuff:
    The people who abducted him, towards the end of the film, also called his dad a major asshole. Maybe its because he was too nice a guy for their tastes, or maybe its because he was a genuine threat and they are glad they didn't take this kid who they actually liked to him?

Also, we still know nothing about Skye's dad. Was he good once? Did something happen to him that broke him mentally? What is he, even?

also, Skye is likely 10+ years younger than Star Lord. Did dad come to earth looking for him when he never heard back, and then not finding his son, he fell in love with someone else? There is room here for stuff.

And I know I am making some huge leaps of logic. But it would be interesting.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    i now next to nothing about comics other than what i piece together from these threads, but it still just seems like you're going out on a limb here, and a very shaky one at that. but we'll see i guess.

• Options
    I liked the theory someone here mentioned recently:
    Skye is Inhuman. Her dad is Maximus the Mad (or an appropriate analogue).

I think it fits what we've seen nicely, and leads up to the movies they have planned so perfectly.

• Options
    i now next to nothing about comics other than what i piece together from these threads, but it still just seems like you're going out on a limb here, and a very shaky one at that. but we'll see i guess.

Right. It's a shaky limb.

MORE GOTG

But Marvel has explicitly said that the
    Star Lord father thing is totally different in the films from the comics. We will not be getting the comic story for him. Him being an Inhuman/Kree plaything or whatever IN SPACE lets them keep the narrative more tightly focused.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Wait. Marvel said that? I must have missed that.

minor incident on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Right. It's a shaky limb.

MORE GOTG

But Marvel has explicitly said that the
    Star Lord father thing is totally different in the films from the comics. We will not be getting the comic story for him. Him being an Inhuman/Kree plaything or whatever IN SPACE lets them keep the narrative more tightly focused.

Yeah I think this makes sense.
    Kree + Nova Empires is coherent. Start adding in additional space countries and it gets more muddled.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Wait. Marvel said that? I must have missed that.
    Who is the father of Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord? That’s the big question left hanging at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. The film gives us a couple important pieces of info about the character, and we know that he’s likely to factor into the sequel in a big way. Now James Gunn has clarified one point about the guy — if you’re a comics reader, Star-Lord’s father definitely isn’t who you think he could be.

We’ve talked about the importance of Quill’s father in our extensive Guardians of the Galaxy 2 feature. (A must-read, if I do say so.)

Asked about Quill’s father, Guardians writer/director James Gunn told Empire, ”It’s definitely not the character who it is in the comics, I’ll say that much.”

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Well that's rad. I never loved his daddy story in the comics, so I'm excited to see how Gunn decides to change that up.

• Options
    Well that's rad. I never loved his daddy story in the comics, so I'm excited to see how Gunn decides to change that up.

And hey, now that we have established that
    Whatever Star-Lord is can touch super special alien artifacts without being consumed by them, and whatever Skye's father is can touch super special alien artifacts just the same...

maek u think

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I don't think the Diviner and the power infinity stone are anything alike.

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I'd consider the infinity gems to be wildly more powerful, sure. Otherwise there is something way too big being passed around on AoS.

But I see a very similar mechanism of "you aren't someone capable of holding this thing so you are gonna blow up/fall apart now" being used here, and I am guessing that Inhuman/Kree stuff is likely the answer.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I'd consider the infinity gems to be wildly more powerful, sure. Otherwise there is something way too big being passed around on AoS.

But I see a very similar mechanism of "you aren't someone capable of holding this thing so you are gonna blow up/fall apart now" being used here, and I am guessing that Inhuman/Kree stuff is likely the answer.

I honestly think that's way to simple.

Plus, when Sif talked to Coulson, she already name-dropped a metric load of alien beings that have come to Earth. It included the Asgardians and Kree, but it wasn't limited to them.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Yes, but the Kree factor heavily into almost everything that has been hinted at on AOS and in the MCU. They're basically being skirted around the periphery and eventually their significance is going to be brought to the forefront.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    You don't see the direct link between alien artifacts that are immediately harmful when touched by non-aliens?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    You don't see the direct link between alien artifacts that are immediately harmful when touched by non-aliens?

The obelisk/Diviner is an artifact of an alien species.

The Infinity Stones pre-date the known universe.

These are slightly different.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Yes, but the Kree factor heavily into almost everything that has been hinted at on AOS and in the MCU. They're basically being skirted around the periphery and eventually their significance is going to be brought to the forefront.

Oh I agree, but I don't think it's fair to compare alien (most likely Kree) artifacts with the power of the Infinity Stones.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    So let's dig into the name, "the diviner"

I immediately think of diving rods, or something used to find or"divine the location of" another thing.

I wonder what it is capable of finding that is so important it literally ashes anyone who touches it that they don't want to discover said thing?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    So let's dig into the name, "the diviner"

I immediately think of diving rods, or something used to find or"divine the location of" another thing.

I wonder what it is capable of finding that is so important it literally ashes anyone who touches it that they don't want to discover said thing?

Inhumans speculation spoiler:
    The way the Inhumans typically work is that they are a hybrid Kree-Human race who look indistinguishable from regular humanity until they are exposed to an alien mist, upon which they either gain superpowers or become horribly deformed. It goes back and forth between whether the mists are deadly or has no effect on regular humans.

Where this may lead into the Diviner is that the current overarching Inhumans plot in the comics revolves around the reveal that the Inhumans actually had many secret tribes on Earth. At the end of a recent event, the Inhuman king was able to create an indefinite number of new Inhumans by flooding the planet with an otherwise innocuous mist. The general speculation has been that this plot was a way of creating an alternative race of spontaneously created superhumans to fill in the gap created by Marvel's current lack of the mutant license in other media.

I can easily see how the general shape of that story (secret race of alien/human hybrids who are indistinguishable from humanity until exposed to alien tech) would fit with the Diviner.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well, the name Diviner is pretty obvious...its a device used to detect beings with a certain something...blood, heritage, power etc....its just pretty obviously a complete dick when it comes to not finding what its looking for .

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    azith28 wrote: »
    Well, the name Diviner is pretty obvious...its a device used to detect beings with a certain something...blood, heritage, power etc....its just pretty obviously a complete dick when it comes to not finding what its looking for .

Or, it could be a tool meant to divine the location of something else (powerful alien artifacts, ancient hidden city/planet that you need a map to find (oh-ho-ho)), with security measures designed to keep only those the makers wanted to use it able to do so.

It was telling that crazy daddy told the girl in the flower dress that he could show her how to use it AFTER she was able to touch it. Touching it is not the be-all end-all.

Agents of SHIELD working with Guardians of the Galaxy to go to the end of that map with the diviner sounds a little too awesome for the budget constraints of the show, though.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So I just caught up, and man episode 6 had my favourite scene
    When Coulson just tells Ward to shut the fuck up because he's not getting a redemption arc.

Yessssss

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Please, you monster, we already have that shit with Ward and Skye.

Like that's ever stopped Joss.
    Like, ever.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Eh, divination spells are the worst anyways. Most people would rather die than give up conjuration/summoning for divination.

This discussion has been closed.