Options

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE ;_;

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'd be worried though that Brock would just say "fuck it" and shoot on whomever his Mania opponent is if he was booked to lose that way.

I have a crazy feeling he wouldn't really fucking care about losing a fake fight before going back to UFC.

he can't go back to UFC

but they would never book Brock to get squashed at Mania anyway

I'm not saying he got squashed, but at Mania XX he did get jobbed out cleanly to the guy who he was booked to beat until days before the show, who was also leaving the company the next day and despite not making a secret of only being in WWE for the money, ended up looking like the good guy who was doing things "the right way".

Pretty sure Brock is getting paid more than enough money to not give a shit about how his last WWE match goes.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    When do they put up a replay to watch Survivor Series? I kind of want to see it and then cancel the network. Maybe.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Also, could somebody check Ziggler and Rollins for brain damage? They were unconscious for, like, fifteen minutes while Sting and HHH did their thing.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UljmYMG6tkY

One of the greatest Sting moments ever.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just saw the Sting stuff. I....it makes me want WWE 2k15. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    And was I the only one to spot fans who's mouths were literally agape in the crowd when Sting showed up?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    who would have thought that sting would actually appear in a wwe ring after he appeared in commercials on wwe television and is in their recently released video game

not that this wasn't a cool way to introduce him and not that it wasn't a surprise at all, but like, let's not act like the latest "sting is probably going to be there on sunday" rumors didn't have a boatload of evidence behind them for once

• Options
    who would have thought that sting would actually appear in a wwe ring after he appeared in commercials on wwe television and is in their recently released video game

not that this wasn't a cool way to introduce him and not that it wasn't a surprise at all, but like, let's not act like the latest "sting is probably going to be there on sunday" rumors didn't have a boatload of evidence behind them for once

They needed something big so I figured it would happen after the rumors popped up.

• Options
    anyways dirt sheets are still stupid

• Options
    anyways dirt sheets are still stupid

It's impossible to keep a secret in wrestling now.

• Options
    Except maybe Taker losing at Mania 30.

• Options
    it's also impossible to avoid "secrets" because people never shut up about them when they find out

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    So we missed the Fandango return on the pre-show. Was there anything significant with him?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Speaking of which!

This is my first of many requests I'll make to please spoil and label any Rumble rumors/sightings/reports/etc., whether credible or not, as well as discussions of said rumors

It's the one match that built on huge surprises, and I really hate when they get casually spoiled

• Options
    So we missed the Fandango return on the pre-show. Was there anything significant with him?

New outfit and more aggressive style in the ring. Nothing major though.

• Options

He's got a new hat dance partner!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Watching kotr 2001 now because why not watch 2 ppvs in one night.

Survivor Series wasn't too good overall but the main event was pretty great.

I suppose seeing Sting would have felt different if I hadn't been watching him in tna for the past few years. Still a good enough moment.

• Options
    Yay it's Molly Holly. I always liked her.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Last year I had Kevin Nash spoiled for me either here or on Reddit (which I'm just adding to a site-blocker app so I don't face the temptation, but I like hanging with you guys too much to do that), just by someone being real cavalier about saying "oh btw Nash is at the arena" and it bummed me out

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Speaking of which!

This is my first of many requests I'll make to please spoil and label any Rumble rumors/sightings/reports/etc., whether credible or not, as well as discussions of said rumors

It's the one match that built on huge surprises, and I really hate when they get casually spoiled

Duly noted.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Dolph Ziggler for Shonen anime protagonist of the year

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    When do they put up a replay to watch Survivor Series? I kind of want to see it and then cancel the network. Maybe.

:(

The WWE Network is so awesome and it pains me to see that it's not doing well

I'd really love to see it stick around

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Just thinking back to that Roman interview. It was obviously supposed to give off the impression of "oh man, this guy is so cool!" but he was so over the top trying to sound badass that it was comical. It's okay Roman, just come back and do what you do, it's gonna be fine.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    really enjoyed the main event.

But man, what the fuck is up with WWE? It's like the PPV was booked by a completely different team than who booked the lead up to it. Not even that, it was like it was booked by a team who hand't even seen the build up to the PPV.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Dolph Ziggler for Shonen anime protagonist of the year

Just wait until he goes Super Dolphin!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    @Maximum just fyi we're going to Wrestlemania cosplaying as Sting and HHH and I obviously call HHH.

caw caw caw

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    @Maximum just fyi we're going to Wrestlemania cosplaying as Sting and Robocop and I obviously call Robocop.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Update on AXS/New Japan deal

Sunday, 23 November 2014 21:38

The AXS New Japan deal is to run 13 shows from 2013.

The Fight Network's John Pollock reported the first show will feature the Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada match from the 2013 Tokyo Dome show.

The series will include the 2013 G-1 Climax tournament, which was the best pro wrestling tournament ever until the 2014 G-1 Climax.

The matches will be broadcast with English language voiceovers with Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett as the announcers.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    a) boy i bombed that
    b) should i care about sting if i have never seen him before today

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    From a historical perspective? Absolutely. Sting was a crucial pillar of WCW for many years, including legendary feuds with Vader, Ric Flair, and a match with Mick Foley that Foley called one of the greatest in his career. Plus he was the linchpin of the nWo angle...at least back when it could have had a real conclusion instead of limping on forever.

From a "is he here to have good matches or anything beyond a one-off Mania match and HoF induction" perspective? Probably not.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I care about sting because he does a really nice inverted ddt and I like inverted ddts

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Both of those answers seem pretty legit. I dont think I'll go into the history of it, but I can appreciate that.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    @Maximum just fyi we're going to Wrestlemania cosplaying as Sting and Robocop and I obviously call Robocop.

Also acceptable.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    roBOcop

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sting had pretty much my favorite set of signature moves

Stinger Splash, Scorpion Deathlock, Scorpion Deathdrop

Shame there was never a good wrestling game that capitalized on this

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Sting should now not show up on WWE programming for months. Not even in the rafters or anything like that. No visible Sting.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Sting should now not show up on WWE programming for months. Not even in the rafters or anything like that. No visible Sting.

Look, after all this time, I doubt the WWE's just going to keep stinging fans along.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Well, the bundle was on sale, and they just added free shipping. So I'm now the proud owner of four random TNV DVDs and a shirt. My only condition was 'no Jeff Hardy or beer/bike' shirts. There are an incredibly large number of shirts about beer or motorcycles.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'd be worried though that Brock would just say "fuck it" and shoot on whomever his Mania opponent is if he was booked to lose that way.

Brock is a mercenary.

You can't be a mercenary if people expect you to mess with their business. No one is going to trust you if you're an asshole when it comes to how you handle your contracts.

So no. Brock will not ever say "fuck it".

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options

No

This discussion has been closed.