Options

I spent 90 hours at the [job] thread last week and all I got was this lousy paycheck

19495969798100»

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Dear Passengers,

Please stop doing stupid shit and detaching your retinas then sending me your paperwork because every time I have to read about eye surgery, I scream internally for a good half-hour to forty-five minutes.

Many thanks

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Speaking of Doppelgangers, I've determined where one of mine works at. All my life, I've been waved at by strangers, chatted up by customers who swear they've seen me before, at other places. Hell, one time I had a good 5 minute conversation with a lady I've never met, with her acting like she'd known me since I was a kid. I never had the guts to tell her I wasn't who she thought I was, and stumbled through the conversation.

Also, this is a small town, so I should remember these people.

Yesterday, a guy comes in, and says "Oh, I didn't know you worked here during the nights? No wonder you look so tired when we work together" After explaining, no, I'm not that person, I ask him where he works....

Pita Pit, he says.

Very tempted to drop by to see this person....It sounds creepy, but I really want to know who everyone is confusing me with.

Bad idea, seeing your own doppelganger is supposed to be an omen of death.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Dear Passengers,

Please stop doing stupid shit and detaching your retinas then sending me your paperwork because every time I have to read about eye surgery, I scream internally for a good half-hour to forty-five minutes.

Many thanks

I don't get it.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

Do a Google Image search for "Detached Retina."
    heh.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

heh.

No, I mean, doesn't DW work for an airline or something. How does someone detach their retinas sitting in a seat? Or is the eye surgery the reason they can't fly or what? I guess I don't really know what he does.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

heh.

No, I mean, doesn't DW work for an airline or something. How does someone detach their retinas sitting in a seat? Or is the eye surgery the reason they can't fly or what? I guess I don't really know what he does.

pressure changes

• Options
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

heh.

Refunds Department, injury and illness are two big reasons why people 'voluntarily' cancel their flights.

• Options
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

heh.

Refunds Department, injury and illness are two big reasons why people 'voluntarily' cancel their flights.

I see. I thought it was some kind of insurance situation for things that happened in flight. I was seriously questioning what people were doing on your airplanes.

• Options
    Dear Passengers,

Many thanks

I don't get it.

heh.

I see. I thought it was some kind of insurance situation for things that happened in flight. I was seriously questioning what people were doing on your airplanes.

They're eye-fucking each other, obviously.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I once fell asleep on a plane with my elbows on my knees, and the palms of my hands pressing into my eyes.

I woke up, and I felt like my head was trying to turn inside out.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My dad had to have surgery for a detached retina. The part that seemed worst to me was the stitches in his eyeball.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.