As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Is the server even up, or has Tera once again just broke for me?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    The log in servers seem to be getting hammered, no big surprised there.

• Options
    GattsGatts Registered User regular
    Woot! I'll definitely be on tonight!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is there a good place to read up on new classes? Gunners didn't exist last tome I played this for sure.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Is there a good place to read up on new classes? Gunners didn't exist last tome I played this for sure.

Not really sure, but gunner is so damn fun.
    It makes it hard to go to the other classes sometimes.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Not really sure, but gunner is so damn fun.
    It makes it hard to go to the other classes sometimes.

"Gunner" is a strange way to spell "sorcerer"... :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Hey Sneak, feel free to shoot me a friend request on your brawler, Gatts.Teichou

• Options
    edited December 2015
    What would've taken a long time normally took 10 minutes. Full +12 Schisma!

The three things I had to masterwork did on the first try too, and I'm pretty sure I had less than 10 fails.

Also the snowball fight Wintera event is so fun.

?.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Brawler is so OP, I soloed Bastion of Lok on my first attempt at level 20. It's so fun though, it's like playing an entirely different game from my warrior. I'm level 24 now, anyone want to run some dungeons together for the wolf mount?

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    Sneakman wrote: »
    Brawler is so OP, I soloed Bastion of Lok on my first attempt at level 20. It's so fun though, it's like playing an entirely different game from my warrior. I'm level 24 now, anyone want to run some dungeons together for the wolf mount?

I'm up for dungeon runs!

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Gatts wrote: »
    Sneakman wrote: »

I'm up for dungeon runs!

I'll look you up when I'm online later.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    Being able to go into a block whenever you want is really nice, I'll probably pick up leveling brawler after the hype is over so it wouldn't be impossible get into a dungeon. I think I will try to level a priest or something, if I can handle solo pve till the first dungeon.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You can get the key for a dragon pet if you play the En Masse version of TERA.
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/12/08/tera-knockout-dragonette-giveaway/

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2015
    Free for 7 days.

Edit: To clarify, TERA's revenue model means they sell a lot of items in their store with short expiration dates. You have that dragon thing for a week.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Oh. Boo. :(

• Options
    Free for 7 days.

Edit: To clarify, TERA's revenue model means they sell a lot of items in their store with short expiration dates. You have that dragon thing for a week.

They do? I've been playing Tera for 3 years and I can't even name a single store item with an expiration date. Everything is permanent (except for the obvious stuff like buffs) from costumes to mounts/pets to weapon skins.

They give away a lot of temporary items, and you win them in events and so on. But they don't sell them.

What they do sell that feeds their revenue stream is random chance loot boxes with something like a 1% chance of getting the prize item you want, and lots of consumables. Also, most goodies (costumes, etc) are permanently character bound once equipped, so that keeps people buying more too... at least, people like me with 13 characters to play pretty princess dress up with! :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I seem to be remembering thing differently. I stand corrected.

• Options
    So I rolled up a brawler last night.

The new idle stance is... something.

Helium-filled boobs, I guess? I can't quite get over how they just keep wildly floating around every which way while she's just standing still.

Go Tera.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    We know you're proud of your female models, Tera. Physics defying animations probably aren't needed to catch the attention of most of your players!

• Options
    All* the female character idle animations have perpetual motion boobs, brawlers are just way more noticeable.

*except Elins, even with +3 boobhancers

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    All* the female character idle animations have perpetual motion boobs, brawlers are just way more noticeable.

Castanics definitely do not. As long as they stand still, nothing moves. When they do one of their idle moves (shifting weight, looking around, shoulder pull), they bounce a bit but not a bunch, but not otherwise. I'm 98% sure elves and non-brawler-humans also never bounce in any way during the standing still idle, only when they make a movement.

Brawlers, though? It's like their boobs are balloons and a strong wind is constantly blowing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Castanics definitely do not. As long as they stand still, nothing moves. When they do one of their idle moves (shifting weight, looking around, shoulder pull), they bounce a bit but not a bunch, but not otherwise. I'm 98% sure elves and non-brawler-humans also never bounce in any way during the standing still idle, only when they make a movement.

Brawlers, though? It's like their boobs are balloons and a strong wind is constantly blowing.

High elf boobies sway a bit when they stand still. Noticeable, but not like, water balloons bouncing against each other in a typhoon noticeable.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Yeah. brawler is ridiculously fun. I haven't been able to play much. Mostly because the person who said they were going to play with me flaked like a day afterwards.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So, what in the hell is with them restricting all the new classes to only females? Reaper for Elin, Humans for Brawler, high elves and castanic for gunner. Not even the most interesting female race either with the Aman.

I could have bought the thing about not having the resources for every race the first couple of times, but instead it seems to only be females. The last two classes in particular would be perfect for a big bruiser :(

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Those are the main races played by the Koreans, more people playing them = more costumes to sell.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Restricting class/race combos makes it cheaper, because they don't have to create as many animations, costumes, etc. So they ("they" being the Korean devs) restrict new classes to the races which are most played by their players, which then just gets translated over into the U.S. version because En Masse isn't creating this stuff for themselves.

It's pretty clear who the stars of the show are here (females because boobies), so you can pretty much give up hope that males are going to be included in anything at all ever.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    That's monumentally disappointing and kind of kills any excitement on wanting to try the new classes. Gunner makes little sense anyway, unless they're doing super flashy moves with their giant machine-gun. You'd think that would have been easier to translate to all races.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I just got a gunner up to 11 trying it out, and the animations are pretty nice so far. I don't like most of the female models in this game, but the classes themselves are pretty cool.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Anyone ever hear of the problem where the escape key and half the movement keys do nothing? I can't use the UI even to close the game because I can't bring it up. I can put text in the chat window, and that is about it.

• Options
    Anyone ever hear of the problem where the escape key and half the movement keys do nothing? I can't use the UI even to close the game because I can't bring it up. I can put text in the chat window, and that is about it.

That's bizarre! Do you have a gamepad plugged in? Tera supports controllers fine, but maybe in your case there's a conflict? That's all I can come up with.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    So, it's been about 3 years since I played, but thought I'd come back and try out some of the new classes (I remember I enjoyed the combat in the game, but it's been so long I've forgotten everything so starting over at level 1 seems like a good thing). Does anyone have a buddy code they'd want to throw my way as I come back?

• Options
    Kass wrote: »
    So, it's been about 3 years since I played, but thought I'd come back and try out some of the new classes (I remember I enjoyed the combat in the game, but it's been so long I've forgotten everything so starting over at level 1 seems like a good thing). Does anyone have a buddy code they'd want to throw my way as I come back?

@Kass

My character: Alyxanie
    Alyxanie's Server: Tempest Reach
    BuddyUp Code: Alyxanie#4995

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I hear this game went free to play, and now there are new classes? Are there limits to the F2P model or is everything accessible?

• Options
    So I hear this game went free to play, and now there are new classes? Are there limits to the F2P model or is everything accessible?

There's 3 new classes added since it went f2p. Reaper (only elin), Gunner (only female castanic/elf), and Brawler (only female human).

The f2p model is very generous. Nothing is gated - no zones, dungeons, quests, classes, etc. There's no pay-to-win. Subbing gets you some nice QoL benefits (like a free mount, more use of the auction house and with fees waived, some free fast travel items, and a permanent XP boost that's really irrelevant in the long run) and some minor boosts in the form of a daily package of 5 consumables (that I use so rarely I don't even remember what 4 of them are but one is a short term damage booster). Most of the game's revenue comes from the cash shop, which is also free of pay-to-win crap. It's 95% cosmetic stuff, 5% consumables.

I believe as a free player you do have fewer character and bank slots, but those can be acquired in game for gold as well as from the cash shop.

If there's other limitations, I can't think of them.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

There's 3 new classes added since it went f2p. Reaper (only elin), Gunner (only female castanic/elf), and Brawler (only female human).

The f2p model is very generous. Nothing is gated - no zones, dungeons, quests, classes, etc. There's no pay-to-win. Subbing gets you some nice QoL benefits (like a free mount, more use of the auction house and with fees waived, some free fast travel items, and a permanent XP boost that's really irrelevant in the long run) and some minor boosts in the form of a daily package of 5 consumables (that I use so rarely I don't even remember what 4 of them are but one is a short term damage booster). Most of the game's revenue comes from the cash shop, which is also free of pay-to-win crap. It's 95% cosmetic stuff, 5% consumables.

I believe as a free player you do have fewer character and bank slots, but those can be acquired in game for gold as well as from the cash shop.

Hm. I might give this another try then. I tried it when it first came out but it didn't click. Can you choose the new classes from the get-go?

Any particular server I should be on for PA presence?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Tempest Reach server

You can play any class from the get-go except Reaper. To unlock that one you need a character of at least level 40 (45?) on your account.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I THINK there's a DLC that you have to buy for some content? So there is that. but it's mostly endgame stuff?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    heenato wrote: »
    I THINK there's a DLC that you have to buy for some content? So there is that. but it's mostly endgame stuff?

No. The big expansion was free.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    So, I had fun playing around a bit this morning (thanks for the buddy thing, Pixie). I spent a bunch of time trying to adjust the UI and I think I'm just randomly mashing buttons at this point, but it was ok from what I'd tried so far. Decided to try a brawler (the new class) so we'll see how that goes.

Also, I guess I had a character or two in the mid-40's (a warrior and a something else...) from when I first played. I didn't try doing anything with them yet, but their names are... weird... the have a '_1' after them (I'm assuming there was some sort of server merger or something in the past 3 years). For some reason I don't really want to play as Kass_1. Anyone know if there's a way to change that or should I just delete them at this point (I'm planning on playing up from level 1 with this new character for right now regardless)?

Also (last also, I swear), how do I get in the guild (I've got questions in game and PA folk are good folk!)?

• Options
    Elite status gets you

Free mount

Free consumables

Free items in the elite consumables box per day

Free random gift box per day

Free 100% EXP, Questers gold and Vanguard credits boost

50 auction house listings with no fees

12 Free 1 hour Hunters Gold boost per day (gold you pick up)

Double instance entrances per day

Double vanguard missions per day

so nothing that f2p players can't get, just more of it. Doing the math it's about quadruple what f2p players get per day but you'd have to spend like 6 hours a day doing it all if you have more than 1 character.