As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I for one look forward to setting-inappropriate cross-title promotions suddenly flooding into TERA as its shop slowly converts into a mess of rentals.
    Luckily they didn't develop the title, so they can't actually make the game proper Nexon shyte while they're there... or can they. Let's find out.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Nexon has a reputation, to say the least.
    Go ask the DFO thread.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Yeah but they're only taking the Korean Tera, not NA or Europe?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Yes, but it's going to dictate the content introduced to the game from here on. I forsee them phasing out just straight putting up costumes in the tera shop for awful Gatchapon crap.

M A G I K A Z A M
    I don't know what "gatchapon crap" is, but I assume this means they're allergic to money? I mean, costumes are like money machines...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    TERA needs more scantily-clad male classes/costumes.

edited December 2015
    I don't know what "gatchapon crap" is, but I assume this means they're allergic to money? I mean, costumes are like money machines...
    You know those lockboxes that you can get keys for?

Yeah, imagine that, but literally every shop item.

And they do make money. Oh boy do they make money. Because it's borderline gambling. HIT THE LEVER! Maybe get the thing you want...but probably just get shit instead!

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
    MKR wrote: »
    TERA needs more scantily-clad male classes/costumes.

That's a fact.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    heenato wrote: »
    You know those lockboxes that you can get keys for?

Yeah, imagine that, but literally every shop item.

And they do make money. Oh boy do they make money. Because it's borderline gambling. HIT THE LEVER! Maybe get the thing you want...but probably just get shit instead!

Well, I'll still refrain from panic for now since the NA version does a lot of other things different from the Korean version so they may not go down that same path anyway, even IF the Korean version goes there.

And if it does all turn to poop, well, I have a bank FULL of stockpiled costumes and 12 well-equipped characters. I can pretty happily play on (un-subbed) for quite a while. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Why sell someone a box with a costume when you can sell them 10 boxes and only one of them's a costume!

Glal wrote: »
    Why sell someone a box with a costume when you can sell them 10 boxes and only one of them's a costume!
    I mean, with the chances, usually it's more "Why sell someone a box with a costume, when you can sell them 50, and maybe they'll get one"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    TERA already has that with the boxes. Wanted that mount, weapon or costume? Tough, here is a safe haven scroll, try again.

Even the resource nodes are a gamble. Wanted ore? Tough,here is some useless crap. By the way, that cost you limited energy.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • GrunjinGrunjin TexasRegistered User regular
    Decided to give this all a go, anyone have a buddyup code they wanna shoot me? I know there are brawlers and reapers and gunners oh my but gonna level up a priest first I think. Then will give all the other classes a run around.

grouch993 wrote: »
    TERA already has that with the boxes. Wanted that mount, weapon or costume? Tough, here is a safe haven scroll, try again.

Even the resource nodes are a gamble. Wanted ore? Tough,here is some useless crap. By the way, that cost you limited energy.
    Yes, but most of that isn't a cash shop sale. and even then, most cash shop items aren't that.

M A G I K A Z A M

Yes, but most of that isn't a cash shop sale. and even then, most cash shop items aren't that.

It totally is. There's gobs of random boxes on the cash shop - all those ultra rare and dyeable costumes? They're all only from random loot boxes that cost (usually) $1.50 each and have a 1% chance of having the item in it.

@Grunjin - I can pass you a buddy-up code as soon as I get home in about 2 hours!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Awesome, thanks Pixie!

It totally is. There's gobs of random boxes on the cash shop - all those ultra rare and dyeable costumes? They're all only from random loot boxes that cost (usually) $1.50 each and have a 1% chance of having the item in it.

@Grunjin - I can pass you a buddy-up code as soon as I get home in about 2 hours!
    Yes. But what I mean is there are plenty of costumes in the shop that aren't. Hey. maybe they aren't dyeable. But they're there.

now imagine every one of them being replaced with a random box.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Not all of Nexon's properties work as timed or boxes though. DragonNest springs to mind; there is the option for cheaper timed costumes, or more expensive perma-costumes, as an example.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    @Grunjin
    My character: Alyxanie
    Alyxanie's Server: Tempest Reach
    BuddyUp Code: Alyxanie#4995

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    @Grunjin
    My character: Alyxanie
    Alyxanie's Server: Tempest Reach
    BuddyUp Code: Alyxanie#4995

Got it thanks!

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Welp, I came back.

I got the itch and actually ended up buying another Windows machine to actually be able to really MMO again, and the first thing I installed was TERA. Haven't played for... oh about 2 years, so I made a brand new character, a Castanic Gunner, and am already at lvl 40something since Friday. :hydra:

My lvl 60 Zerk and Archer are just going to be hanging around because OMG is Gunner awesome!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    BTW... @SkutSkut - I made you guild master, in case you didn't notice. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Gunner question- Can Balder's Vengeance be blocked? I assume so, but wanted to find out for a friend who also just came back and is playing Brawler and asked.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I did not, I generally don't play games during sales for...whatever reason.

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Well, I've decided to give this MMO a try. Running into my usual problem of "can't decide which class to play and/or focus on" but so far I'm liking what I'm playing.

Dac Vin wrote: »
    Well, I've decided to give this MMO a try. Running into my usual problem of "can't decide which class to play and/or focus on" but so far I'm liking what I'm playing.

The correct choice is sorcerer. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular

You misspelled brawler.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
    Sneakman wrote: »

You misspelled brawler.

Castanics can't be brawlers, therefore brawlers are clearly inferior. Because castanic master race.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Sneakman wrote: »

You misspelled brawler.

Castanics can't be brawlers, therefore brawlers are clearly inferior. Because castanic master race.

Then you misspelled Gunner. :D

Steam
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I prefer the elves, myself. But I really like big bouncy boobs, so . . .

Yes, in this game the choice was as shallow as that. Sue me. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I prefer the elves, myself. But I really like big bouncy boobs, so . . .

Yes, in this game the choice was as shallow as that. Sue me. :wink:

I'm now envisioning a case for er... well, preferences.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they have warp capability like the taxie Pegasi too? Or if you fly them through the star-gates you'll be able to warp to another zone.

Either way, it's not surprising to me that another mmo adds flight. Seems to be the thing all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

steam_sig.png
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    I have two characters that have applied to the guild. I had a lancer that was sort of middle level from a long time ago (I'm a founder), but I basically have forgotten everything about his combos and skill rotations, so I made a warrior. If anybody who can accept an application is online, I would appreciate it.

steam_sig.png
    Finally bought one of the dyeable varsity outfits for my archer today... I've had my eye on it forever. Ended up paying 130,000 gold, which was a bit more than I wanted to, but eh, whatever. I'll dye it pink to go with her assorted pink outfits and her pink slingshot and her pink unicorn and it will be glorious. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    When sending guild applications make sure you mention who you are on PA in the application, or put your character names in a post here. @Lowlander and others.

SkutSkut wrote: »
    When sending guild applications make sure you mention who you are on PA in the application, or put your character names in a post here. @Lowlander and others.

I approved a couple yesterday, and I'm pretty sure Lowlander was in there.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Okay, there are a lot of them on there that I dunno who they are and if I don't know who they are they're getting rejected.