As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Brawlers are tanks

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Brawlers are tanks

That's what I thought.

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Brawlers are tanks that tank by doing damage, so they're DPS Tanks.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Not sure how exactly we're going to meet tonight but I'd figure I'd throw my mystic's name here: Adoniel

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Not sure how exactly we're going to meet tonight but I'd figure I'd throw my mystic's name here: Adoniel

My sorc is Pixygirl. :razz:

I am not sure what time I'll be available from/to yet.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    TERA last night was fun. Brawler is stupid good. Just zoom-zoom punch-punch things are dead!

Before logging off last night, I created a Gunner and ran that through the tutorial island. Doesn't kill as fast as Brawler (yet?), but Gunner seems like it can just keep moving from mob to mob, shooting away.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, gunners are a lot of fun. Brawlers are just broken.

Sorc is still my favorite, at least for soloing. Less fun in a group it turns out (being able to target spells when you're playing alone is a hell of a lot easier than when the monsters are being pinballed all over the place, especially for spells with long belly-dance rountines cast times). Solo, the sorc just wrecks everything with crazy speed - my main sorc can solo a level-appropriate group dungeon faster and easier than any of my other characters, including my zerker. In a group, half the time my spells are hitting things already dead.

I should have rolled archer for the group I think. Or gunner. Oh well. The sorc's artillery power will probably start to become more useful when we start going against BAMs and bosses.

Anyway, did we ever decide if we are doing this on a weekly schedule, or something more informal... or what?

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited February 2016
    Anyway, did we ever decide if we are doing this on a weekly schedule, or something more informal... or what?

I wouldn't mind making it a weekly scheduled thing and/or more informal grouping.

Looks like I'll be splitting my game time between TERA and Fallout 4 because I'm enjoying both right now. If I'm playing TERA, I'm always up for grouping or even just chatting with people while playing solo.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yeah the weekly thing may be best but I'm not entirely opposed to informal. Just have to balance out my schoolwork since that comes first.

Oh and any complaints I have about mystics? Priests are so much worse...so much worse! I thought I could do it. I can't. I almost ran out of mana fighting the Shade before the Predator (final boss) on newbie island. It's a solo only dungeon so I couldn't grab on to destroyah's big honking gun to drag me out. I was dying on the inside, no matter how cute my kitty looked. He even was Tera'd by the end, reasonable robe to a vest and no pants! Common!

Karoz on
    There are login rewards going on right now, Kyras stuff and a few boost.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Literally just started this up last night. It seems pretty okay, but I get a solid bit of chugging sometimes, so I hope I'll be able to keep it up. Playing one of those horned dude sorcerer. Pixie'd like my guy. He has pink hair.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    More than doubled my level tonight (...from five to eleven. Whatever. It's a start!). Definitely seeing what @Pixelated Pixie means about sorcerers. Took out the boss at the end of the tutorial stuff in no time at all. Fire Pillar especially took off huge chunks of its health.

Here's a not very good picture of my dude. Not sure if there's a way to get a better view of him or not for screens.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Blackjack wrote: »
    More than doubled my level tonight (...from five to eleven. Whatever. It's a start!). Definitely seeing what @Pixelated Pixie means about sorcerers. Took out the boss at the end of the tutorial stuff in no time at all. Fire Pillar especially took off huge chunks of its health.

Here's a not very good picture of my dude. Not sure if there's a way to get a better view of him or not for screens.

I forget the exact keys cuz my hotkeys are all reconfigured but there's a hide HUD shortcut. I think it's ctrl-z, or alt-z.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Blackjack wrote: »

I forget the exact keys cuz my hotkeys are all reconfigured but there's a hide HUD shortcut. I think it's ctrl-z, or alt-z.

ctrl-z

steam_sig.png
    New update on the way on the 1st!

Stuff here!

The basics if you can't browse right now.

Island of Dawn turned into-

Level 65 BAM hunting ground
    All-new storyline
    Daily solo and group quests
    Tier 7 and 8 rewards

Dreadspire is back-

Challenges 1-15 offer crafting materials for gear up to Dreadnaught (tier 8)
    Challenges 16-19 offer jewels, tier 9 feedstock, Niveot shards, and Desolarus Tokens
    Challenges 20-22 also offer the Smolder mount (20), BoE Starfall armor (21), and BoE Starfall weapons (22)

Forsaken Island hard mode!

A lot more but I'm not sure what and it doesn't say.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    So I just started playing this (dabbled briefly with it years ago on a trial) - it mentions some kind of new player code i can get (buddy up code?), and wanted to see if anyone could send me one? Not sure if I already invalidated myself by playing some tonight or not. Char in-game is same as forum (Bullhead).

96058.png?1619393207
    Bullhead wrote: »
    So I just started playing this (dabbled briefly with it years ago on a trial) - it mentions some kind of new player code i can get (buddy up code?), and wanted to see if anyone could send me one? Not sure if I already invalidated myself by playing some tonight or not. Char in-game is same as forum (Bullhead).

@Bullhead

My character: Alyxanie
    Alyxanie's Server: Tempest Reach
    BuddyUp Code: Alyxanie#4995

You have to be on Tempest Reach to use it. And I think you have to not be past level 9 or something.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

You have to be on Tempest Reach to use it. And I think you have to not be past level 9 or something.
    @Pixelated Pixie

Yup stopped at 8 by chance so still eligible (and i had already rolled on Tempest).

96058.png?1619393207
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

@Pixelated Pixie

Yup stopped at 8 by chance so still eligible (and i had already rolled on Tempest).

Can I sign up on that too? I'm trying this game, did a High Elf Mystic.

TryCatcher wrote: »

@Pixelated Pixie

Can I sign up on that too? I'm trying this game, did a High Elf Mystic.

Yep, I think there's still 1 or 2 uses of it left.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited March 2016
    Mystic/Priest probably aren't a good representation for Tera as your first character, it's all about hitting things! Not to say you shouldn't play them but if you don't like it give, I don't know Slayer? Slayer got a ton of buffs and is on par with Gunner/Reaper in terms of DPS now. Or Brawlers the totally balanced DPS tank.

That said leveling Mystic/Priest is super easy since you only need to be a dungeons item level to go into it since partying with randoms is fine and as a healer you don't engage in any combat and just coast through dungeons.

Also if you send a guild invite to We Are Nice Guys and mention your forum handle you can get access to the guild bank, I can put some white inner armor and maybe a few other things in there for you.

Triple edit- new costumes

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

quad edit- I can't put inner armor in the bank but I put 500 gold in which is enough for about 10 people to get some basic white ones.

SkutSkut on
    SkutSkut wrote: »

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

Looks like concept art. Are those actually going in the game? They're hideous.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

https://twitter.com/tera_gurumiiy/status/700603167528976384

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

Twitter is blocked at work, but I will assume that confirms the addition of Nazi dominatrix cosplay to the game...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

Twitter is blocked at work, but I will assume that confirms the addition of Nazi dominatrix cosplay to the game...

So is that the costume that broke the camel's back?

While the execution maybe leaves something to be desired. Seeing more costumes that are uniforms instead of swimsuits or lingerie is nice. And I like the jacket as cape look.

steam_sig.png
    Nah, the camel's back is fine. I just think these are ugly. On the bright side, it saves me money. One the down side, it means I'm waiting another couple months for the next new one.

And they've done a lot that aren't swimsuits or lingerie. The last set was a bunch of cute winter-themed dresses.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

imgur.com/a/HDQf3

Yup, that's a thing.

I'm mostly coming of other games where I always go melee, want to try something different. Thanks for the Friend Code BTW, that Zebra mount is badass. And free.

I have that outfit, those wings, and those glasses on my archer... Different hairstyle, iirc.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    They're adorable and I will have one soon.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Solo'd Bathymsal Rise, was kinda fun. @Radiation I think I took him through this dungeon a while ago.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LvSSzK6aU8"

Also my Reaper has an afro now.
    ?.jpg

Star Wars fans look! New totally not lightsaber skins.

tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/plasma-weapon-skins-now-available

Oh Happy Day!

steam_sig.png
    Well, I know what I'm buying for my warrior...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Well, I know what I'm buying for my warrior...

Same. And slayer too probably. Heck, all the weapons for melee classes look super awesome. Except Brawler, those don't look bad, but there's no glowey energy bits on them.

steam_sig.png
    I have to wait for them to hit the broker at a decent price. Can't drop any Real Money (TM) on them.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    It just occurred to me... I wonder if these weapons will still have the obnoxious glowy colors from being enchanted? Because it would be super annoying to have a cool purple glowstick and it still be outlined in electric blue...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Gloom Doom etc

Tho you can get the stuff in game and it's mostly cosmetics it's just slower so it's not completely p2w. Going to make leveling alts with friends that don't have your tier a pain in the ass though.