As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] Game coming to an End in June

• injzainjza Registered User new member
    Started playing this game out of a whim.. its not bad.. :)

Valk lvl 43.. didnt take long to level though..

Probably not going to be my main game.. but its nice to look at the views :winky:

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Started playing again on a whim, I kept seeing it pop up on Steam and for laughs clicked play now assuming it was already installed. Apparently it wasn't but whatever, I must have linked accounts at some point because I got an account armor notification and never even had to go looking for my password.

My lancer was only 52 or so and of course, I kind of had no fucking idea what was going on - I had a lot of inventory that was listed as "Sell it to a vendor, it's not usable anymore." I sort of miss chilling out by a fire and tossing charms into it for everyone, but they really streamlined a lot of things sensibly. I trained a pile of skills and never had to leave town - getting gear is completely trivial almost alarmingly so - and it doesn't even look like there's gear drops of white-green-blue quality anymore?

Once I hit 58 I seemed to get a notice in the calendar about being a returning player and it would automatically level me to 60 - but I'm having enough fun going through the story (Oh Fraya, I missed your low cut armor.) although it took a bit to remember what the hell was going on. I wound up having to do a dungeon which took about 3 minutes to queue for (not too shabby) and started off with "I haven't played in a few years, good luck everyone!" No one replied, I bet they didn't even speak English.

I also had a bunch of ...low level quests that it was bugging me about, which I guess lead to story? I did a few but bailed back to same level content and will deal with the rest of them later.

Game is as pretty as ever and combat is still alright, it did feel odd to get a new ability at 58 that I remember using waaaaaay back at release at level 10 though.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So, I just started playing since Beta or thereabouts, and jesus...it's like a completely different game. Well, combat's the same, but everything else...it's very nice. Does anyone still play? Is there a guild? I think I'm going to enjoy spending time farting around in this game, trying out all the classes and junk.

edit: Oh yeah, went through my bank and sold all my unusable stuff, now I'm sitting on 3k gold. Lulz.

Ender on
    Guild seemed rather dead, I played for a couple weeks there and moved on to something else for now. They've improved the game immensely, you really rocket through it all and gear is plentiful.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Sweet jesus. That chat flaw. How the hell did this go on for so long, anyways? And how lucky are we that nobody found and/or used it until now?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Sweet jesus. That chat flaw. How the hell did this go on for so long, anyways? And how lucky are we that nobody found and/or used it until now?

Someone may very well have. Only ones who'd know for certain are EnMasse, and if they don't maintain historical logs of chat on their server they may not even know the extent of the damage. It all happened in chat, after all.

Oh wow. If people could execute scripts remotely from chat, and it was all HTML form input... holy crap, I hope they kept their chat server's DB connection restricted to their chat tables. The way the story made it sound they might not have known to sanitize their database inputs.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Quick question: are buddyup codes only one per account? Or can I get a new one when my current one runs out?

Hooray, the guild is level 5. No one can spend the points earned it seems, since the officers last logged in one or two years ago, but hey....level 5!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    This is in beta on hd consoles for the weekend if you were interested. I gave it a try on the xbox one this morning, quite fun!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    the open beta on console made me remember about this game on PC. I played the beta years ago at this point and it seeemed neat but never got around to buying it. It's f2p now and even on steam so i've got it installing in the background here. Gonna give it a go for giggles and see what it's like 4 years later.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Tried this a little bit on xbox, seemed kind of fun. Quesion, if I like to pew pew things as an all powerful wizard, what races are the best and why? Tried to make a kitty person based on my cat, but they didn't have any femenine voices it seemed and it threw me off.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the Brawler for the "dodging? What's that?" aspect. So far pretty fun, it'll be kind of a wait for that console release!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    The one thing TERA has always had going for it is that the classes feel and look very differently. The combat is fun in the animations.

The later classes, Brawler, Gunner, Ninja, Reaper, any I'm forgetting, do have an issue in that they're a bit more powerful than others.

That being said, the Avatar weapon system that was introduced a couple years back has moved all the classes into a higher power tier and reduced the feel of any class(es) being the red-headed stepchild.

steam_sig.png
    so like, how do i join the PA guild on PC? I take it it still exists but no officers are active?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I would have to reinstall the game, I could do that tonight tho it'll probably take a while to download what's your IGT @HardTarget

And by a while Steam is telling me "a day and 7 hours"

SkutSkut on
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I would have to reinstall the game, I could do that tonight tho it'll probably take a while to download what's your IGT @HardTarget

And by a while Steam is telling me "a day and 7 hours"

i believe my account name is Hardtarget24 and my character name on the server is Jornna

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    All right tho the guild's dead and it'd just be you in it, I would maybe find a more active guild @HardTarget and anyone else wanting a guild. Let me know what you wanna do tho.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Playing through the beta this game really reminded me of Kingdoms of Amalar's MMO-esque single player experience. I did run at least one instance but how much of the game can be experienced solo? Is this a "you must clan" type of end-game for items and things?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    The guild is way over cap and again very very dead, if people are wanting to play this I would find a more active one.

As for solo play you can do that I did it for most characters and pugs are fine until endgame dungeons that're 65+

oh, I would be playing this on the Xbox One, wherein we may just make a new guild that will die off weeks after launch do all the things. Forever.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    oh, I would be playing this on the Xbox One, wherein we may just make a new guild that will die off weeks after launch do all the things. Forever.

I kinda hope that Bluehole will do what Zenimax/Bethesda did when Elder Scrolls Online made the jump to console: a one-time character copy from an existing PC account to a chosen console. I'm going to miss my electro-blue Founder horse and Collector's Edition lion mount on whichever console I spend most of my time on.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    The second beta is going, and one of the fixes was to the "UI closes itself" issue when you're near people. Progress! lol...

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    K, leveling a Gunner on PC version. I see I get a pet or two at some point. Am I actually going to be 'managing' this pet or is it more of a set and forget?

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    do each of the races have a special class? Humans with brawlers, Elin with reapers, etc?

Hm, doesn't levelling the guild allow you to add more players or something? Just playing my lancer seemed to level the guild a couple times.

edited March 2018
    Looks like you have to level waaaaay the fuck up to add more people.

edit: did they fix the bug where if the guild is full (100/100 accounts) you can't add alts? I'd love to add my alts to the guild if possible.

Nosf on
    Forgot there was a thread for this in this subsection but:

The founder's pack is 30 bucks in the US.
    The Founder's Pack contains an exclusive mount, a pet with a portable bank to carry your items around, a stack of ten strongbox keys, and 1,000 EMP to spend in the in-game TERA Store. This bundle also contains an exclusive "Founder" title.

I'm assuming that they may no longer sell these on the 3rd, when it releases to all for free? IDK.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they'll at least open the game up for download a couple days before the proper launch for folks that don't have a great internet speed as just waiting for the day itself to make it available means the Founder's Pack folks are going to have a longer head start then planned.

The way it's set in the Xbox Marketplace is the game itself is included in a bundle of only the game for varying price points (you get more currency, etc if you buy bigger packages). I would imagine that the only thing that's gating access to the game at this point is having a copy of it installed... so... they probably won't do preloads, but who knows.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It's just annoying, especially since the PS4 players only need an update for their beta client to make it game-ready while XB1 players who tried the beta have to toss it out and redownload the game all over again.

edited March 2018
    wound up opting in, and it's interesting. like... there's a lot of people playing, I chose the second server on the list (forgot the name). there's a twitch prime thinger available for this game too.

edit: people are saying that (the twitch prime access) will let you in now vs actual release.

tastydonuts on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    wound up opting in, and it's interesting. like... there's a lot of people playing, I chose the second server on the list (forgot the name). there's a twitch prime thinger available for this game too.

edit: people are saying that (the twitch prime access) will let you in now vs actual release.

Says "Contains head-start access and exclusive items for TERA: a purple plasma weapon skin, a violet dragonette pet, a crown of gold, ten strongbox keys, and 15 days of elite status."

I mean I may not play it, but hey, free shit!

edited March 2018
    So my XP gain in this game felt excessively bloated, and I know why now. this Elite status thing is screwing up my progression with double XP. Any way you can disable that?

I don't mind the rep or gold boost, but this is just throwing me off. :|

edit: actually looking around and apparently that only bloats enemy kills... the quests just give absurd amounts of XP too because reasons? like... for example I can get 960,000 XP for a step in a level 31 quest... and I need 950,000 XP to level. And the step is literally "Find a person in the main town."

tastydonuts on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Over the years they have consistently kept increasing XP gain speeds, basically making it so you can now quickly and easily rush to cap and do cap level stuff. Just go with it... ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Over the years they have consistently kept increasing XP gain speeds, basically making it so you can now quickly and easily rush to cap and do cap level stuff. Just go with it... ;)

Wouldn't mind it if I were playing through it a second time having played it on the PC, but as it is I never played the game before. I mean, STO is another old game that got ported but you didn't really out level the content by the third zone (I'm +5 now)? IDK. It's all about the journey, and the journey at this point is killing grey mobs and getting those daily vanguard requests cancelled out on me because I outlevelled the range for them. Thankfully the story ones aren't dropping on me, but the kill N mobs do. I actually cycled through a region's worth of them last night.

Story ones may not drop but if you have multiples of them up it usually means you're just better off jumping to the highest level content you can as that will give you better rewards. Unless you're doing the completionist thing, in which case may god have mercy on you.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    The achievement list for the game consists of do every instance and kill every named boss on both continents... so... yeah. :P

The achievement list for the game consists of do every instance and kill every named boss on both continents... so... yeah. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8i-bp7Pjs

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Hell, one of the problems I originally had was that I felt like I was missing chunks of the story and I'm sure that's because instances (which I always get the shittiest players possible, it's a fucking curse) were level dependent and I'd either level out of them, or not realize when one came up until it was past time to go do them. Because I, too, am a completionist, but I'd avoid the instances so I could do all the quests in them at once. Like ripping off a band-aid. I never wanted to do an instance more than once, because I always get some combo of "races ahead", "racist fucker", "carried by the party/AFK" and "LEEEEWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTT okaykthxbye".

Like, in the Kingdoms of Amalur (aka, that single player MMOG), I did every quest. Every last one. That's my preferred way of playing games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur