Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[TERA] Now with 'Tera Rewards' to celebrate spending money. Page 29

1272829303133»

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 15
    ugh. Ebon Tower has been such a festival of unfun to solo... so much cheap boss mechanics... but the last dude's adds just take the cake for unmitigated bullshit.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    ugh. Ebon Tower has been such a festival of unfun to solo... so much cheap boss mechanics... but the last dude's adds just take the cake for unmitigated bullshit.

Get used to that. Mechanics is truly the hardest part of the endgame. It's where all the challenge comes from, so you're not just WoW standing behind a boss for 10 minutes doing the same thing.

It gets more fun once you figure out the patterns and can execute them.

eahenryii wrote: »

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.
    uh... I truly hope that the "endgame" of this game isn't me spending my time soloing 5-player dungeons.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    You really can't solo the dungeons in the endgame. I suppose maybe a fully-tricked out character could solo the easiest ones, I doubt even that though. If you're not in a guild that does regular runs, IM will get you into groups. It's not a terrible wait time for groups, thankfully. You just sometimes have to deal with the occasional idiot who doesn't know what they're doing.

eahenryii wrote: »

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.
    Kind of think we're not on the same page here?

Ebon Tower is like a level 60 dungeon, it's where you fight Thulsa (he has the continuously spawning mobs that reverse controls and box you in). As I had out leveled the IM for it, I wound up having to try and solo it, then happened upon some people physically outside the portal to run it with later.

The other cheap mechanics were the instant HP drop and some other annoying thing on one of the other bosses. I did solo up to the Thulsa, but the controller swapping mobs that were solo spongy just got to be too annoying to finish alone. Probably could have cleared it but it would have taken way more effort than it was worth.

Given the way the game snowballs XP, especially for the 60-65 range the level 60 dungeons have been pretty barren for IM. But I completed the game's base xbox achievements... and went back to working on the general feats and stuff.

So... would it be accurate to say that the end-game of Tera is pretty much just gambling and grinding to gamble more? And if you don't get Elite status then you've effectively doubled the amount of time to do the end-game gambling and grinding? Unless you roll like a million alts?

I was trying to get all the feat points... console doesn't have laurels, but it is entertaining and I was going to master all 4 crafting things but this just the requirements for Weaponmaster changed my mind on that. Was kind of bummed to discover that to make even just one of the 650 bows I need for mastery, I need 9680 production points total. Also they don't sell the Crafter's Cure (haven't seen them on the broker and even then I couldn't afford them) on the marketplace so if you don't have elite status you literally have to wait like a day to get 1000 points to share between all your characters. Just doing the max reps for the stupid mount took forever, and I would have loved to buy the rep booster thing but nope, you need elite for that because they don't sell that separately either. This has to be the fleeciest feeling F2P game I've ever played.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    If you haven't already, dig out your mailbox and look for the server merge notice. It contains a code good for a bunch of free stuff if you input it at the game's account website, and there's a good bit of stuff there.

steam_sig.png
    Ninjas are available on console now, also cars...?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Future world ruler Registered User regular
    Cars, guns, flight suits, plasma weapons... this game just doesn't care. It goes for "rule of cool, cute, or sexy" over any sort of logic or consistency. :lol:

destroyah87
    edited September 21
    Cars, guns, flight suits, plasma weapons... this game just doesn't care. It goes for "rule of cool, cute, or sexy" over any sort of logic or consistency. :lol:

Except, the only cars I've seen riding around are Elin in cars so it looks more tons of these:

pf27fJM.jpg

:P

tastydonuts on
    destroyah87KalnaurElvenshae
    edited September 21
    "cute" ... :razz:

My castanics all have cars. Red ones.

So... this:

qk0AxiL.jpg

:P :P

(the cars I've seen have been childishly bright colors)

tastydonuts on
    ElvenshaeBlackDragon480
    Yes, exactly. Except that it's being driven by an adorable, very scantily-clad, female with horns. :D

Kalnaur
    edited September 21
    Well... I didn't want to three page an "adult little tike car" an image search, but I imagine there are some that fit that criteria. I mean... I really had to make my search specific:

S8bG5pZ.png

:|

tastydonuts on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Fall Approaching . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So, the cars look like smart cars, then? I mean, it's not like you could have a full sized car as a reasonable mount . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

• IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    If you haven't already, dig out your mailbox and look for the server merge notice. It contains a code good for a bunch of free stuff if you input it at the game's account website, and there's a good bit of stuff there.
    The hell? I never got an email about any of this happening. Missed the extra slots and any goodies.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    destroyah87
    IceBurner wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    The hell? I never got an email about any of this happening. Missed the extra slots and any goodies.

Wow, really? That's unfortunate. I got peppered with emails for ages. For a while, it felt like I was getting an email every day reminding me to get ready for the merge. Also, the Steam community page for TERA was getting updates and notices about it quite a bit. Granted, that's only useful if you follow the game, which I suspect most people don't do.