As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Actually another really good example. I solo'd Vezax in Ulduar yesterday.

Searing Flames, that big armour reducing aoe you had to interrupt? Holy fuck you Americans had that fight fucking EASY AS BALLS.

EASY AS FUCKING BALLS YOU SCRUBS.

In Australia, you had to interrupt that spell in first third of the castbar. If you didn't, your order to interrupt wouldn't go through until the cast finished.

Now that I have 40ms, I can actually interrupt at pretty much any point in the cast bar and it'll work fine, so instead of having a window of opportunity of about .6 seconds to react and cast my interrupt, I had the full 2 seconds. It was fucking trivial.

I guess we can pretty conclusively state that the only reason Oceanic guilds were ever behind US/EU world first guilds was due to the increased latency for the majority of the raid. Searing Flames was a hugely difficult mechanic for us to get right in our raid because you had no margin for error. With a 2second cast, if the person whose time it is to interrupt doesn't interrupt by halfway, I could have assumed they've fucked up and I could have interrupted as the tank. Instead, if someone fucked up, there was no time to realise it, because spells weren't registering as interrupted until nearly the end of the castbar anyway. We wiped so many times solely due to that mechanic.

Dhalphir on
    LorahaloArthilKid Presentable
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    You'll still probably sometimes get up to the stairs to be honest

I'm running a 34ms latency at the moment and it'll still take a sec to register now and then depending on how crowded the shrine is.

Cilla Black on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Holy shit i bet latency made a big difference inside the Yogg brain room too. The illusions would react much quicker to being hit and dispelled.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It took ten years, but World of Warcraft is finally out in Australia.

YL9WnCY.png
    JimboDhalphirKid PresentableSamphisSaldonasPoketpixieMugsleyLorahalo
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    Sizes are fine if you are a male BE

Everything is too small for female

1handers look like daggers

Bow look like toys

Daggers look like kitchen utensils

Their entire weapon ratio is off
    still prefer that over human female weapon sizes, I mean seriously, shit is way too extreme ^^

also 41 shards, ugh, 2 more resets I guess since I've been getting 6-8
    would have been next reset if I didn't have to skip that dragon -.-

I mostly just want the stuff so I can sell the shit from the quest and make some 100k, will keep the mount through
    also guildie got invincible on his first ever 25hc kill...

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Enosh20 wrote: »
    Sizes are fine if you are a male BE

Everything is too small for female

1handers look like daggers

Bow look like toys

Daggers look like kitchen utensils

Their entire weapon ratio is off
    still prefer that over human female weapon sizes, I mean seriously, shit is way too extreme ^^

biggest wrong opinion in WoW

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Don't even get me started on the stupid combat stance for female belfs

But did you know they have nail polish? the only race that does!

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    biggest wrong opinion in WoW
    I prefer stuff to be, eh I would say realistic it's a fantasy game after all, but idk "reasonable" might be a better word, it's why I try to find swords that look like actually swords for my characters, or why I dislike most platekini mogs etc, human weapons size is just off to me and that's why I don't like it

oh my god when are they going to fix the fucking shield clipping on the new Tauren models? This is ridiculous!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Elune DAMNIT.

Of course the Horseman's sword actually shows up in a bag on the character I *don't* want it on. Never on the ones that do.

Also really wishing there was a option for a third spec. I'm liking Disc for healing small groups, but I feel like I'm not doing enough in a raid environment to keep people alive.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Wow, major moonkin buffs. Starfall bumped 75 percent, starfire/starsurge/wrath 25 percent

Bigity
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Man, I get giant ass buffs and the Flametalon drops from Alysrazor. Tonight's my night, I should buy a lottery ticket or something.

Samphis
    Where can I read about these buffs? I cant find anything except notes for 6.0.2 and 6.0.3

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Where can I read about these buffs? I cant find anything except notes for 6.0.2 and 6.0.3

The buffs increase ass size by 300%.

Samphis
    Human female weapon sizes are comically absurd but that really doesn't bother me at all

Would much rather have huge and easily visible than puny and invisible

edited October 2014

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15006811541
    Giving everyone a heads up on class balance changes that could potentially take effect as early as later tonight. Many of these changes may not be reflected in tooltips.

These changes are primarily aimed at level 100 balance, but they will have reasonable effects in the meantime as well. Please keep the comments constructive, and we expect to be making a few additional tuning changes in the future.

Death Knight
    • Scourge Strike’s damage has been increased by 50%.
    • Necrosis’ damage has been increased by 67%.
    • Unholy Might now increases Strength by 5% (down from 10%).

Druid
    • Starfall’s damage has been increased by 75%.
    • Starfire’s damage has been increased by 25%.
    • Starsurge’s damage has been increased by 25%.
    • Wrath’s damage has been increased by 25%.

Hunter
    • Adaptation now increases Combat Experience’s damage increase to 70% (down from 85%).
    • Chimaera Shot’s damage has been reduced by 13%.
    • Focusing Shot now has a 2.5 second cast time (down from 3 seconds), and its damage has been increased by 25%.
    • Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.

Mage
    • Frostbolt’s damage has been reduced by 20%.

Priest
    • Mental Anguish now increases damage by 3.125% per point (up from 2.5%).

Shaman
    • Elemental Blast’s damage has been increased by 20%.
    • Shamanism now increase Lightning Bolt damage by 70% (up from 36%).

Warrior
    • Ravager’s damage has been reduced by 25%.
    • Slam’s damage has been reduced by 30%.
    • Whirlwind’s damage has been reduced by 30%.

Cilla Black on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'll be happy if the new Blood Elf model means the women don't turn all of their two-handers into one-handers.

YL9WnCY.png
    SaraLunaSamphisTransporter
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Nice, 6 Titan rune stones and 6 bosses left to go. There's really no reason I can't knock it by next reset even with bad luck. Also finally got to finish my lfr set was sitting on 3 pieces forever.

Geth
    Eh nothing relevant for a prot warrior.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Couldn't get my old account back, sadly. Contacted Blizzard but I don't think it's going to accomplish anything.

Rolled a Pandaren Shaman and got it to 18 last night. So much has changed. Queued for a few dungeons and had a less than ideal time: the other dudes were packing heirlooms so they absolutely butchered things while I did crappy damage with my greens :P bastards.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Couldn't get my old account back, sadly. Contacted Blizzard but I don't think it's going to accomplish anything.

Rolled a Pandaren Shaman and got it to 18 last night. So much has changed. Queued for a few dungeons and had a less than ideal time: the other dudes were packing heirlooms so they absolutely butchered things while I did crappy damage with my greens :P bastards.

Don't expect much from the low-level dungeons. Until around wrath (maybe later now, haven't levelled a character since the patch) roles are completely irrelevant and people will just run ahead and kill things. Even the healer.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Alright, after getting my final Secrets in the first three raid wings of Throne of Thunder, I've gotten seven Runestones for the next chunk of the quest. I am pretty sure I'll be able to get the rest next week and get the cloak.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    Arthil
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    Good luck. I think it's kind of bullshit that they're taking it out. It sucks to miss out on things. One of the people in my guild who was on our CM gold team forgot to buy the pet you get from the guild achievement. I can understand removing the achievement, but they removed the ability to even buy the fucking pet.

Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    EvermournPenumbraNobodyLorahalo
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    oh my god when are they going to fix the fucking shield clipping on the new Tauren models? This is ridiculous!

As someone maining a female Orc since TBC, my guess is 10 years. That's how long it took them to fix improve our shield/weapon/cloak situation.

edit:
    tarnok wrote: »
    Good luck. I think it's kind of bullshit that they're taking it out. It sucks to miss out on things. One of the people in my guild who was on our CM gold team forgot to buy the pet you get from the guild achievement. I can understand removing the achievement, but they removed the ability to even buy the fucking pet.

Given that he was actually on the CM team, he might want to try opening a ticket if he hasn't already. Maybe they'll be merciful. I mean, I assume they removed the pet from the shop because otherwise anyone could temporarily join a guild that has completed the gold challenge, just for the pet. No reason to keep it from someone who was demonstrably eligible for it.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Not sure if there is a single answer but what is the class that people seem to use for soloing old raid content? I missed a few of the LK and Cata raids and wouldn't mind seeing the ones that can be run solo if I can't find groups to do em. I would assume DK or Paladin.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Not sure if there is a single answer but what is the class that people seem to use for soloing old raid content? I missed a few of the LK and Cata raids and wouldn't mind seeing the ones that can be run solo if I can't find groups to do em. I would assume DK or Paladin.

From what I've read: DK or a pet class.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Almost any class with decent-ish gear can solo most old content (I run Firelands on four characters - shaman, hunter, dk, boomkin - for a chance at the mounts). For the more difficult stuff, like hc25 lich king, stronger self-healing is needed (and for that particular fight, ranged attacks to deal with the ice spheres); blood DK does it easily, but apparently ele shaman can handle it too, so I assume any caster with some self-healing can do it.

MSL59.jpg
    I solo Lich King 25H on my DW Frost DK. Howling Blast takes care of icy spheres easily.

Any class at 90 can solo pretty much anything as long as you're not in quest greens.

Smrtnik
    edited October 2014
    My finished transmog set. I was aiming for the Bulwark, but now that I saw how horribly it clips, fuck that noise.

h0vbtjZ.png

Dhalphir on
    KryhsKamarSamphisArthilJungleskyeSo It Goes
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Continuing to put together mog sets as I wait for WoD.

Up first, an alternative mog for my priest. Needs new pants, but otherwise done.
    ianxEhJ.png

And much less polished, my druid...I want Black Ice off Malygos and a few bits from Heroic-level Cat raids that I'm not sure I could do yet to finish him up.
    Ingm0PV.png

Kamar on
    Samphis
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It's worth getting the Bulwark anyway, in case they fix the clipping. Plus BT is the best raid ever.

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    I recently got back into WoW... last night actually. Rather than suck it up on one of my existing characters, I rolled a new Forsaken Warrior - Made it to level 20 in about 3 hours, and even ran a dungeon. The questing is so much better, and the story actually gets you involved. I was having a blast with the story line in Brill and Silverpine.

Glad I resubbed. It looks like the game is FUN again, at least starting fresh.

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    I recently got back into WoW... last night actually. Rather than suck it up on one of my existing characters, I rolled a new Forsaken Warrior - Made it to level 20 in about 3 hours, and even ran a dungeon. The questing is so much better, and the story actually gets you involved. I was having a blast with the story line in Brill and Silverpine.

Glad I resubbed. It looks like the game is FUN again, at least starting fresh.

Good choice. The Undead starter questline is the best of the Cataclysm rewrites, in my opinion. There are some rather startling storyline turns coming up.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I think I'm satisfied with this until I can get all the pieces I want. Just need to get the more brownish recolor of the chest, and possibly swap out the gloves.

gQQZ7Ix.jpg

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Wow, major moonkin buffs. Starfall bumped 75 percent, starfire/starsurge/wrath 25 percent

I know right? I was playing my boomkin lately and I honestly did not fee like my damage was that far off maybe a hair low but not bad at all. With those buffs I am going to be one scary moonchicken.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I can never decide what transmog to stick with. This is what I was going for a while:
    i7qzipac26tg.png

And yay, 9/12 titan stones with two bosses left. 2 guaranteed during the next reset, so with any luck at least 1 more will drop. Preferably two, so I can just do Sha and save Lei Shen for the heart so I don't have to do it twice.

Kamar
    edited October 2014
    I don't like the undead storyline because to me it robbed the worgen storyline. Worgen spend all their time watching the fall of Gilneas, striking back against the Forsaken to reclaim Gilneas, and then Sylvannas bombs everything and everyone leaves. Cue the Forsaken storyline involving everyone who never left and having such minor things as the rest of Gilneas taking the fight to the Forsaken in Silverpine, Sylvannas being killed and then resurrected, the whole damn background to what's going on in Shadowfang Keep, and other really inconsequential things of that nature.

I was angry when I saw that, because to me it seemed as though Blizzard had put a ton of effort into the goblin storyline to the finish and then completely blew off the worgen to go do nothing in Darnassus for the rest of the expansion and the one after it. Greymane? Who's that? Want the last bit of an Alliance race's story? Roll Horde is what they said.

Madican on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's weird, I actually really like the current tier set's look so I'm not using transmogs for anything but weapons right now. Yay for getting to use this mace skin again.
    fliWx3k.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Ternion Glory is pretty great.

I was always pleased with it. Not actually sure if I like the challenge mode gear better.

Hah. My armory model took an unflattering pose for me. "Why did I just eat a lemon!? UGH".

This discussion has been closed.