As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• dylmandylman Registered User regular
    I just wish they would do something with material farming

It is ridicuclously, atrociously hard to mine and herb in some places thanks to cross realm.

Your garrison will entirely satiate your mining and herbing needs, and then some. It's actually ridiculous how much you can get on your own, the economy is going to change drastically. It will be interesting to see how it plays out on the live servers.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I wish they'd made timeless pieces a higher ilevel because it feels like recently blizzard has been catering to much to their whiny hardcore playerbase, but yes. It was a lot of fun.

What, really? ilevel489 is pretty good. More than enough to get you started in multiple LFR raids.

This is comparing to previous expansions where you'd get items able to prep you for raiding normal difficulty 10 man from 5 man dungeons.

Blaming it on the hardcore crowd is probably absurd because who knows why they did it but there wouldn't have been anything detrimental to having ilevel 520 stuff drop, and keeping the 535 timeless ilevel.

I guess I can see them wanting to keep a ToT LFR environment active but all it ended up making me want to do is not level an alt because gearing up to raid ready would require dozens and dozens of hours of work and loooots of LFR luck. Versus in previous expansions where you could be ready in a couple afternoons of the latest heroic dungeons.

It especially sucked because what you really need, a good weapon, wasnt really even available at all outside of LFR. You could buy 476 weapons, or you could get insanely lucky and have a 510 drop from heroic scenarios.

I've just actively kinda hated their whole outside-raid gearing philosophy this expansion up until 6.0.

Cilla Black on
    Halfmex
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I enjoyed isle of thunder way more than timeless isle, probably because on thunder the rares had way more hp per person and you had a chance of tagging them if you were not literally in top of them, which is not the case on timeless on my server.

steam_sig.png
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So, I'm leaning toward my Priest as a main for WoD, but I constantly change my mind. Working on a nice mog for him now. Things just don't seam to fit right on a gnome though.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    I enjoyed isle of thunder way more than timeless isle, probably because on thunder the rares had way more hp per person and you had a chance of tagging them if you were not literally in top of them, which is not the case on timeless on my server.

I agree with the health. It is a mystery to me why they didnt implement the same health scaling for Timeless.

The problem with ToT is it didn't last once everyone moved on. Timeless was set up with better rewards and lasted much better. Saving that stupid whale, who was bad design from day 1 and never fixed, and now you never see the ship anymore.

Smrtnik
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Right, but they could have done the same rewards on thunder, it's a separate issue from hp.

steam_sig.png
    Cilla Black
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Man, I'm so excited for WoD dropping in two weeks! I'm in an awesome guild, with great people. We're going to try out just normal Highmaul to see where we stand but will probably go right in to heroic shortly after. Going to try Holy as my offspec, though I've never done raid/main healing on a paladin before so it should be interesting.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Man, I'm so excited for WoD dropping in two weeks! I'm in an awesome guild, with great people. We're going to try out just normal Highmaul to see where we stand but will probably go right in to heroic shortly after. Going to try Holy as my offspec, though I've never done raid/main healing on a paladin before so it should be interesting.

I don't know if its changed since Wrath but you probably want to just bomb the tank.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I wish they'd made timeless pieces a higher ilevel because it feels like recently blizzard has been catering to much to their whiny hardcore playerbase, but yes. It was a lot of fun.

it was fine when it was released; I feel like eight months or whatever hence there should've been a way to upgrade the gear further. Starting charging a million coins for a burden of even-longer-than-eternity or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I did timeless isle on my baby Draenei paladin last week. I ended up with almost a full set of armor and 3 burdens without ever finishing the kill 5 rares quest. It was silly.

• JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular

it was fine when it was released; I feel like eight months or whatever hence there should've been a way to upgrade the gear further. Starting charging a million coins for a burden of even-longer-than-eternity or something

Pretty sure you can buy burdens for something like 50k coins already.

404 not found
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    He means buying an burden of eternity that would raise the ilevel even higher.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Finally pulled the sub trigger. Or tried, after a string of weird account issues support tossed me a free month.

Last thread some people were talking about ditching a nearly deserted server. Which one was that? I think a nearly single player wasteland would be just the way to avoid a full relapse. Last time I stubbed "just for a month or two" I ended up with Death's Demise and Light of Dawn two years later, and these days I really like not having my wife leave me.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Empty wasteland, here I come...

Hevach on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    A little Halloween treat from ten years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAcuRsEvgjQ

YL9WnCY.png
    Arthil
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    dylman wrote: »
    I just wish they would do something with material farming

It is ridicuclously, atrociously hard to mine and herb in some places thanks to cross realm.

Your garrison will entirely satiate your mining and herbing needs, and then some. It's actually ridiculous how much you can get on your own, the economy is going to change drastically. It will be interesting to see how it plays out on the live servers.

So I got a beta key at Prime and resubbed recently, but I haven't had the time to fiddle with garrisons at all since getting my beta key, or even really read much about them for that matter.... When you say ridiculous, am I going to be able to run my DK (post free boost to 90 from the preordered collectors copy I have coming soon :biggrin:) as a blacksmith/alch without any hassle? Do the garrison gatherers really generate that many of the right mats?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    yay, finally found a group selling garrosh kills on my alliance server.

I'll be spending virtually all of my gold on the server, but meh.

Maybe I'll have time to collect candy for a few of the Halloween pets before it ends tomorrow and I can make back some cash.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oof. Got carried hard to a H Garrosh kill. Well, it is my first day back using the 7 free days.

Ugh, getting the itch again. And the CE mount looks sweet; also, I feel that my Druid should have it.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did a Mythic run tonight and nabbed the 2H Axe so my warrior is now Fury. Gonna run with this group for the remaining two weeks, try to nab a mount.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    trying to decide what to use the boost on. options I'm looking at are:
    -a death knight I don't really intend to play for the free professions
    -my rogue bank alt so I can open lockboxes and farm those few toybox items
    -a class I might actually want to play at max, in this case a druid or shaman
    or maybe
    -a character on one of the crz-free realms for hunting rare spawns

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Damn happy.
    After seven runs. Literally the last mob I was going to kill before resetting again. Sent it to my pally for transmogging.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    NobodySmrtnikSamphis
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Damn happy.
    After seven runs. Literally the last mob I was going to kill before resetting again. Sent it to my pally for transmogging.

Yep, exactly how I got it too. From the last ghost in the Halls of silence.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    or maybe

Honestly, I wouldn't waste a boost on a profession toon. It will be super easy to level them if you want a diff one at any point if the toon is already 90 thanks to the profession changes and the quick level stuff in WoD content you can use.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
    Smrtnik
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    garrison buildings in WoD are gonna substantially remove the need to have 'profession characters,' especially if you already have 2-3 characters with different profs

I also wouldn't bother boosting a character on another server just to farm rares; any interesting/profitable drops won't be of use to you, and all you really need is somebody on a low pop realm to invite you over to their instance anyway.

just boost something you actually might want to play

NREqxl5.jpg
    Slayer of Dreams
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Kicked from another instance because I don't have heirloom gear. Fourth one today.

I'm assuming Blizzard aren't aware of what new players face when trying to run dungeons?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    DigitalSyn
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If you have not done Day of the Dead stuff yet then do it. Grab all five costumes, they last all year, and enjoy pure chaos.

anybody have recommends for obscure/useful battle pets to have around? I'm running out of things I want to level

NREqxl5.jpg
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Kicked from another instance because I don't have heirloom gear. Fourth one today.

I'm assuming Blizzard aren't aware of what new players face when trying to run dungeons?

That's a thing? 0.o I only kick people when they afk and don't say anything when asked if they're coming at any point. Had a Vortex Pinnacle where we had 3 dps (2 initially that we booted and then 1 of the replacements) say absolutely nothing and sit at the start running around. Asked if they needed help or if they were lost and they said nothing at all. I don't see why anyone would take the time to boot someone over heirloom gear. . . the stuff dies so utterly fast regardless.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    haha how bad do you have to be at the game to diligently inspect every member of your party to make sure they have the proper ilevel for fucking deadmines.

YL9WnCY.png
    DerrickJimboNobodyDhalphirKnight_JungleskyeArthilKeemossiorthancstoneSlayer of Dreams
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's almost blizzcon so you know what time it is

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1622000-quot-Eye-of-Azshara-quot-Trademark-appears

trademark shenanigans and hoaxes o clock

is it real? fake? who knows bro, who knows

or maybe

Honestly, I wouldn't waste a boost on a profession toon. It will be super easy to level them if you want a diff one at any point if the toon is already 90 thanks to the profession changes and the quick level stuff in WoD content you can use.

'waste' is a strong word.

I have a 90 of every class, I have absolutely no need for the boost. For me, about the only use I can get out of it is a profession character. I'd rather get 5 levels on a DK and have someone to make more WoD bags with no meaningful cost investment, than either not use the boost at all, or try to level up professions from 1, even with the changes to them in WoD.

That's still 600 (1200 if I do two professions) skill points worth of WoD materials I don't need to spend and can use elsewhere.

Totally unrelated; random question:

It's a new feature, so probably not, but does anyone know of any sort of addon that will inform you if any 'toys' are available in a zone when you enter it? Like a NPC scan for the Toybox.

I know that it tells you in the toy box where to get what, it'd just be a nice feature so i don't have to make yet another spreadsheet to track while I'm playing. :lol:

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1622000-quot-Eye-of-Azshara-quot-Trademark-appears

Related to this, anyone still remember The Dark Below from before they announced Warlords of Draenor? Turns out it's a DLC pack for Destiny.

JimboCilla BlackPMAversArthil
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    If real. I agree with the poster, probably hearthstone related.

So having my toons on the new aus servers (which I was allowed to transfer to using an empty card. Even though the promotion was pay now refund later) I can now see why so many Americans freak right out when there latency goes into three figures...the difference in play is astounding.

PMAvers
    The Azshara thing is, if real, almost certainly Hearthstone.

Unless they're going to blow everyones damn minds with a WC4 announcement.

Overwatch, if anything with existing franchises, is likely another D3 xpack.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah there's no way they'll announce a new WoW expansion when WoD won't even be out, yet.

For WoW stuff, I'm sure they'll have plenty of WoD playable, as well as showing off some upcoming patch features and maybe another 10th anniversary thing, maybe show off level 100 MC a bit

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    haha how bad do you have to be at the game to diligently inspect every member of your party to make sure they have the proper ilevel for fucking deadmines.

Scarlet Monastery and Maraudon, actually. I shit you not.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How are Ret paladins these days? Is it a competitive spec?

I'm working on an old character, he's original vanilla WoW in origin, but he's been parked at 80 since early Cataclysm. I'm trying to decide if I want to tank or DPS on him. I enjoy the Prot playstyle, and I don't mind tanking, in fact I have a lot of experience tanking. But I don't know a thing about Retribution these days. If Ret is good and if it is fun, I might like to just kick back and smash stuff with the Light without the added pressure/stress of being a tank.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    No idea if they're competitive or not, but I had a lot of fun playing my Ret paladin the other day

• JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Related to this, anyone still remember The Dark Below from before they announced Warlords of Draenor? Turns out it's a DLC pack for Destiny.

Yeah I had a chuckle when I saw that also

404 not found
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    How are Ret paladins these days? Is it a competitive spec?

I'm working on an old character, he's original vanilla WoW in origin, but he's been parked at 80 since early Cataclysm. I'm trying to decide if I want to tank or DPS on him. I enjoy the Prot playstyle, and I don't mind tanking, in fact I have a lot of experience tanking. But I don't know a thing about Retribution these days. If Ret is good and if it is fun, I might like to just kick back and smash stuff with the Light without the added pressure/stress of being a tank.

Ret is good, and hasn't changed a ton since Cata, though we no longer have inquisition, which simplifies things a lot.

Honestly there's not a ton of nuance to ret, not that there ever was, but it's nice to be able to pump out your max dps without having to jump through any hoops.

Bigity
This discussion has been closed.