As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: Wait, do I need to feed my entire Garrison on Thanksgiving ?

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    The 'Ultimate Execute' with a super hefty cooldown.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Marksman Kill Shot is the ultimate execute.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Debating my next alt to bring over to Draenor. Warrior, Mage, Hunter or Shaman.

Is elemental as terrible as I'm hearing?

• wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Elemental isn't too awful leveling. Dare I say, even...fun. I mean, it's been way worse. I think it's heroics/raiding that it gets to be a pain all with the no-moving-while-casting-nananananana.

My Spriest makes me want to eat nails so far though, but I'm barely to 91 with that one.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Boost question!

My choices: priest, shaman, rogue, warrior, and maybe warlock. But 2 of my 90s are feral and death knight, so I probably don't need to boost a rogue or warrior.

I'm leaning toward shaman, and have even gone and replaced the level 16 goblin with a goat person because I'd like to see how the other side lives.

Thoughts on which spec would be most fun?

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    All up to preference. I don't enjoy shamans at all, so I'd say rogue, warrior, or warlock would be the better one to use it on (rogue for the pvp/lockpicking utility they provide).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    CapedJA wrote: »
    Gladiator DPS warrior (I tank when the LFG rewards me fore it, but like DPS).

I think the issue right now with warriors is that they ruined fury by balancing it around 50% crit that we had at 90. Now with 14% crit, we cannot get anything to proc and are stuck auto-attacking waiting for execute to proc (or spamming bloodthirst wishing for a crit). Meanwhile prot. dps is happily spamming cheap/free heroic strikes and the more than occasional shield slam proc because they aren't tied to entry level gear stats.

Additionally, if we get the nerf hammer and dps monks go untouched, it will be the hill on which I die. Ran an MC last night (my second time through because I am the world's best guildie) and with my ilvl 639 gear (I dropped some coin and had crazy good luck with the salvage yard) a 632 monk was multiple thousand dps above me on many fights. Oh, and touch of death, or whatever ability they have that is the ultimate execute ... on fights where I had a slight lead he would jump ahead with a 220K hit at the end.

I wish nerfs on no one, and I like fairness and skill rewarded. Right now I think some classes could use some buffs to counter the gear/stat weight mechanics working against them but hope that they don't make short sighted changes that result in whacky scaling later. Something like Bloodthirst having at least an X% chance to proc means that it won't scale wonky and helps them now.

warriors complaining about an execute mechanic is fantastic.

our arms warrior chain executes for over 100k, touch of death is a once per fight thing.

also all warrior specs not glad are very close and right in the middle of the pack with everyone else. glad is off in la la land with windwalker and feral, but even still it's like 10-15% over the rest of the dps grouping.

basically I remember when someone's class being better than you meant losing by 3x damage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Question on gear selections as I level: for my shaman and druid, I plan on resto in dungeons mostly. Since the stats change based on spec (right?), would I be decently prepared if I set my loot spec to resto for that gear, then just put it on while in dps specs out in the world? Leveling, I'm elemental on the shaman and feral on the druid.

bowen wrote: »
    All up to preference. I don't enjoy shamans at all, so I'd say rogue, warrior, or warlock would be the better one to use it on (rogue for the pvp/lockpicking utility they provide).

You bring up a valid point. Why not boost a rogue and use him as a pvp bastard?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah touch of death is a one and done move. I use it in heroics to finish off awful adds, or like on that last fight in the tombs with the wall of skeletons to open a path. It's not some dps I win move.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    All the treasure is collected.
    Ring of blood is done.
    I've killed nearly every rare at least once, farmed most of Steemwheedle rep, although I have no use for it. Same with the other reps.
    I have Nat as a best friend and have most of the stuff except for the mount done. Yay fishing.
    My work orders are coming up on 250 so then everything will be level 3. I already have level 3 herb, mine, salvage, fishing.
    I'm 5 quests away from a level 3 Inn.
    I've farmed most of the gear I need for raiding, dungeons are getting old as DPS with those long ass queues.
    Ran Molten Core a few times, got the pet, the flames, the mount.

Right now I am working on my 5th level 100 because there isn't much else to do except trying to work on profession stuff. Which is super super gated and slow. I really do love the 90-100 quests. Really awesome and fun. Even after doing them a ton of times in a row.

What it just comes down to is the whole profession/work order/mission system has such a strong mobile app feel to it, that I dislike it. Check in every hour or so on a few toons to collect missions, send them out on more, and collect salvage. That's really it. Work orders are doing their thing so that's nice, but professions are so fucking gated behind all that, it just feels lazy. There is nothing I can do except wait. This reminds me of Farmville and Animal Crossing so much that it isn't even funny. Hell, even my wife has interest in the game now because it has elements of Harvest Moon in it.

At least with daily's gating the start of MoP, I had shit to do. Reasons to go back out into the world.

I can already see this game a few months from now, where I am logging in twice a week to raid and check on work orders, and that's it. Meanwhile the game is basically just being played passive.

So yeah, as much as I love the new art, the story, the new cinematics, the amazing questlines... I'm wondering if it's gonna be worth 15.00 a month for a mobile game mechanic that I can't actually play on my mobile phone.

I'm just hoping the have more content more frequently to satisfy a power gamer like myself. I want to devour more and it just isn't there for me.

Must be nice not having to worry about work or family life...

...yeaaaah.

I don't get it. I feel like I've been playing way more than reason allows between taking care of the kids and spending time with the wife, since launch; even to the point of being fairly sleep deprived the past week..

And I still haven't even finished all the questing in Draenor on one character, let alone having multiple level 100's, reps capped, and so on.

It's totally valid to say "there's nothing more for me to do", I suppose...but in this situation directing frustration toward Blizzard, as if they haven't provided enough content, seems wholly unreasonable. Based on the time it's taken me to do what I've done, if I were to try to replicate what HallowedFaith said he has done I don't think I could have slept for the last week and a half, let alone not completely neglected my family.

That's not to knock the guy who feels like there's not much else to do, exactly; but I'm not sure what anyone is supposed to respond with. What do you tell the guy who has eaten everything in the grocery store, who is complaining there's not enough different kinds of food?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Elemental isn't too awful leveling. Dare I say, even...fun. I mean, it's been way worse. I think it's heroics/raiding that it gets to be a pain all with the no-moving-while-casting-nananananana.

My Spriest makes me want to eat nails so far though, but I'm barely to 91 with that one.

Really? I've got a priest to 96 and she's been perfectly fine. Not amazing but nothing is coming off of a rogue :p What does Ele do well that S.Priest doesn't?

And speaking of that rogue, I enjoyed it, Doc Detroit. Assassination's a good spec to kinda introduce yourself to the class if you go that route.

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I think the issue right now with warriors is that they ruined fury by balancing it around 50% crit that we had at 90. Now with 14% crit, we cannot get anything to proc and are stuck auto-attacking waiting for execute to proc (or spamming bloodthirst wishing for a crit). Meanwhile prot. dps is happily spamming cheap/free heroic strikes and the more than occasional shield slam proc because they aren't tied to entry level gear stats.

Additionally, if we get the nerf hammer and dps monks go untouched, it will be the hill on which I die. Ran an MC last night (my second time through because I am the world's best guildie) and with my ilvl 639 gear (I dropped some coin and had crazy good luck with the salvage yard) a 632 monk was multiple thousand dps above me on many fights. Oh, and touch of death, or whatever ability they have that is the ultimate execute ... on fights where I had a slight lead he would jump ahead with a 220K hit at the end.

I wish nerfs on no one, and I like fairness and skill rewarded. Right now I think some classes could use some buffs to counter the gear/stat weight mechanics working against them but hope that they don't make short sighted changes that result in whacky scaling later. Something like Bloodthirst having at least an X% chance to proc means that it won't scale wonky and helps them now.

our arms warrior chain executes for over 100k, touch of death is a once per fight thing.

also all warrior specs not glad are very close and right in the middle of the pack with everyone else. glad is off in la la land with windwalker and feral, but even still it's like 10-15% over the rest of the dps grouping.

basically I remember when someone's class being better than you meant losing by 3x damage.

As cool as DKs are overall, I'll just be over here with my 30K executes with weird mechanics.

Maaaaaaan give us the BE preview already. I wants to see them!

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular

Like the one on MMOC front page?

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Updated underwear for maximum in-combat comfort.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    No wonder Blood Elf females have such a sourpuss expression all the time; you would, too, if you had to wear that thong.

Keemossi wrote: »

Like the one on MMOC front page?

Totally wasn't there when I posted.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    At ilvl 632, elemental feels weak as hell. I'm never anything but third on dps in heroic runs. Granted, I"m kind of a baddie and primarily a healer, but I'm chalking at least part of it up to spec efficacy*

*I have no proof to support any of this. I may just suck a little**.

**possible a lot, sometimes, especially because I drink a lot when I play***.

***It's not the drinking.

Looks like the males shoulder issues are slightly less pronounced on the new model.

I would like to see them in gear to see if they change the females weapons and if they made males shoulder pads not float well above their shoulders at odd angles.

At ilvl 632, elemental feels weak as hell. I'm never anything but third on dps in heroic runs. Granted, I"m kind of a baddie and primarily a healer, but I'm chalking at least part of it up to spec efficacy*

*I have no proof to support any of this. I may just suck a little**.

**possible a lot, sometimes, especially because I drink a lot when I play***.

***It's not the drinking.

For what it's worth, they've said they're going to be buffing shamans soon to bring them in line with other classes/specs.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So I spent a few hours in Ashran last night. Is it basically a one lane moba with side objectives that don't really contribute to the main battle or did I miss something?

Nobody wrote: »
    So I spent a few hours in Ashran last night. Is it basically a one lane moba with side objectives that don't really contribute to the main battle or did I miss something?

If you figure it out, let me know.

All I could see was a wet dream for the people who can't stop fighting mid in WSG and other BG's.

That and 'dodge the elite giant'.

Of course you could only do either of those two things when it wasn't 'camp the alliance GY'.

I suppose I'll let the shaman level up the normal way, and I'll "retire" the rogue that's been idling since Cataclysm and make myself a stabby wolfman to boost.

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Or something. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking of with Ashran. They haven't yet done the PVP/PVE mix well, and this goes doubly for the new stupid rules about swapping specs after BG queues. By the time I know I'm in AV, it's too late to swap to blood.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Looks like the males shoulder issues are slightly less pronounced on the new model.

I would like to see them in gear to see if they change the females weapons and if they made males shoulder pads not float well above their shoulders at odd angles.

They changed shoulder attach points on some characters already (and ruined UD Female shoulders in the process qqqq) so I wouldn't doubt they will mess around with it.

Still nervous about the BE model and the female example looks weird in the mouth/jaw area, but at least the eyes look alright which is what really concerned me after what they did to draenei. Eyebrows aren't mounted 45 feet above eyes, which is an improvement over the human female update.

edit: yea, looking at it more it's a bit horsefacey, but i imagine it'll look better animated. hopefully. if that's just an illusion from this shot then i think the update is very much "my character but in HD" which was the goal. don't feel like they accomplished that with my Undead (or old Human) characters, so it's good to see.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Really? I've got a priest to 96 and she's been perfectly fine. Not amazing but nothing is coming off of a rogue :p What does Ele do well that S.Priest doesn't?

Not really comparing the two, I just feel like my priest takes too long to kill stuff. But she's still little and under geared, so maybe that will change. I need to look at the build again too and work out an efficient rotation. Not super fond of any level 90 talent.

And so I'm not just bitching, lemme tell you about how much I love the artillery tower. Because it's a lot.

I've only done the first half of SMV on my priest, but I would absolutely agree that she kills stuff way slower than other classes I've done some WoD stuff with; with the heirloom weapon and mostly WoD quest reward gear. My roughly equally geared brewmaster and hunter kill shit way faster (and are both far more survivable too).

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Getting to 100 on my priest was the same slog it always is. But when I hit 100 and picked up Clarity of Power, things got way better. Makes mind blast instant and reduces the cool down and bumps the damage for that and mind spike 40% if you haven't dotted the enemy. My time to kill on enemies skyrocketed. And it feels super badass.

• StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    Well, I leveled my shadow priest first, doing my rogue now. The rogue definitely kills a little faster, but thats not specifically how you do it as a spriest. The idea is to kill 4-5 things at once as you level. You need to be always mind blasting on cooldown, and making sure you shadow word death as often as possible so that you can get out your devouring plague/insanity. Just my thoughts.

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    So I am currently leveling a second character past 90. Is it just me or are they giving out more garrison resources on normal quests then before? Every other quest also rewards garrison resources now and I don't remember getting them on my main a week ago.

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Huh, did the UBRS CM daily again. This time it felt *a lot* easier, like we had one stupid wipe before the last boss. Missed silver a bit, but it doesn't seem too bad now.

"A bunch of class tuning hotfixes went live overnight", I wonder if brewmasters did get a buff, considering how much easier time I had staying alive. Or it was just us knowing the tacs better this time around :P

e: nevermind, it's buffs!
    Brewmaster

Guard damage absorption shield now absorbs 100% more damage.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now defers 30% of damage taken to be divided over 10 seconds (up from 20%).

Brewmasters are good again!

Keemossi on
    Holy shit that RoF lock nerf.

That's insane.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    poast notes for us Firewalled unfortunates.

And WotF is now a 2 min cooldown. I'm shocked

Interesting pyroblast buff

That lock nerf isn't shocking tbh.

Really? Because it seems like a pretty severe nerf on a class and spec that wasn't even that high in the dps ranking.

Its a super extreme pendulum swing, and none of the 8% buffs to other abilities for destro really do much of anything to help with ember generation.

All the while removing destros ability to provide much meaningful AoE; something it was previously good at.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Arcane
    Arcane Blast damage has been increased by 10%.
    Fire
    Pyroblast damage has been increased by 35%.

Are you kidding me ? How do you go into an expansion with an entire spec doing 10% too little damage ?

poast notes for us Firewalled unfortunates.
    Update 1, Class Tuning Changes: 12:00pm PST
    Please note that some of the class tuning changes listed below are not yet live and are still in the process of being implemented.

Racials
    Orc
    Hardiness now reduces stun duration by 15% (up from 10%).
    Undead
    Will of the Forsaken has a 2-minute cooldown once more (down from 3 minutes).

Classes
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Blood Plague, when used in PvP combat now has a duration of 24 seconds and may no longer have its periodic duration extended past 30 seconds.
    Frost Fever, when used in PvP combat now has a duration of 24 seconds and may no longer have its periodic duration extended past 30 seconds.
    Talents
    Necrotic Plague, when used in PvP combat now has a duration of 24 seconds and may no longer have its periodic duration extended past 30 seconds.
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Balance
    Moonfire, when used in PvP combat now has a duration of 24 seconds and may no longer have its periodic duration extended past 30 seconds.
    Sunfire, when used in PvP combat may no longer have its periodic duration extended past 30 seconds.
    Feral
    Predatory Swiftness no longer increases the healing done by Healing Touch.
    Talents
    Heart of the Wild bonuses are now halved when used while in PvP combat.
    Pulverize (Guardian) now extends up to 130% of its normal duration when refreshed, similar to periodic effects.
    Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Arcane
    Arcane Blast damage has been increased by 10%.
    Fire
    Pyroblast damage has been increased by 35%.
    Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker, Mistweaver) now causes enemies to take 15% increased damage (down from 20%).
    Tiger Palm (Brewmaster, Windwalker) now extends up to 130% of its normal duration when refreshed, similar to periodic effects.
    Brewmaster
    Guard damage absorption shield now absorbs 100% more damage.
    Stance of the Sturdy Ox now defers 30% of damage taken to be divided over 10 seconds (up from 20%).
    Glyphs
    Glyph of Keg Smash should now correctly increase the range of Keg Smash.
    Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Protection
    Mastery: Divine Bulwark now increases Shield of the Righteous' damage reduction by 0.5% per point, down from 0.75% per point.
    Grand Crusader now also has a 30% chance to trigger its effect from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous.
    Shield of the Righteous now reduces physical damage taken by 25% (up from 20%).
    Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    Chain Lightning damage has been increased by 20%.
    Lava Burst (Elemental, Restoration) damage has been increased by 35%.
    Enhancement
    Lava Lash damage has been increased by 20%.
    Stormstrike damage has been increased by 20%.
    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Affliction
    Agony damage has been increased by 20%.
    Unstable Affliction damage has been increased by 20%.
    Demonology
    Shadow Bolt damage has been increased by 25%.
    Soul Fire damage has been increased by 25%.
    Touch of Chaos' damage has been increased by 25%.
    Destruction
    Chaos Bolt damage has been increased by 8%.
    Conflagrate damage has been increased by 8%.
    Immolate damage has been increased by 8%.
    Incinerate damage has been increased by 8%.
    Rain of Fire damage has been reduced by 60% and no longer generates Burning Embers.
    Shadowburn damage has been increased by 8%.
    Talents
    Demonbolt's (Demonology) damage has been increased by 10%.
    Soulburn: Haunt (Affliction) now extends up to 130% of its normal duration when refreshed, similar to periodic effects.
    Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Protection
    Revenge damage has been reduced by 20%.
    Shield Slam damage has been reduced by 20%.

edited November 2014
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

The problem with Arms and Fury isn't the the DPS, its that the play style is horrible at the moment. Fury will get better with gear, but Arms is going to suck until it gets another reamp.

Fury/Arms at the moment is hitting Bloodthrist/Mortal Strike every 4/6 seconds and hoping something procs so you can actually do something.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
This discussion has been closed.