As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rocket [chat]coon

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    In some ways I am glad Tim Cook came out of the closet because the way he did it was pretty classy, but also it will make the people who have been demanding that he come out of the closet to shut up about it.

I am super annoyed at the slice of the population who feels like it is a thing he must do. Same with Anderson Cooper or any other front-facing gay/bi public figure.

If you were an A lister in a heterosexual relationship with a no-name, there is absolutely ZERO fucking pressure to force you to talk about your relationship. None.

And while Cook was never hiding it (his partner showed up with him to apple and other social functions, is in the crowd at keynotes, etc), he never made a stink about it because it isn't anyone's business whatsoever.

I liked what he did but his excuse for not doing that earlier was that he wasn't an "activist," like it was a requirement for being open with LGBT sexuality.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Look back through a timewarp.

B1M5LkWIMAE2JSs.jpg

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I wish making games was easy and not hard.

I want to make tons of great games but I have no time next to the one dumb game I make.

If making games was easy, there'd be no point to it...

But if making games was easier I could make like the 80 cool game ideas I have instead of spending like a year and a half making one lousy virtual cooch simulator.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    In some ways I am glad Tim Cook came out of the closet because the way he did it was pretty classy, but also it will make the people who have been demanding that he come out of the closet to shut up about it.

I am super annoyed at the slice of the population who feels like it is a thing he must do. Same with Anderson Cooper or any other front-facing gay/bi public figure.

If you were an A lister in a heterosexual relationship with a no-name, there is absolutely ZERO fucking pressure to force you to talk about your relationship. None.

And while Cook was never hiding it (his partner showed up with him to apple and other social functions, is in the crowd at keynotes, etc), he never made a stink about it because it isn't anyone's business whatsoever.

i hate perez hilton because he is one of the driving forces between 'if you're gay you better come out or you will be forcibly outed'

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    also he's a scumbag but

also he's a scumbag butt

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    czjeyj8w34fcjfhoytdt.jpg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    These extra hours are like another 200 euro

Not bad for Christmas

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle‌ @elki @irondwill @desc @The Green Eyed Monster@[Members Only Jackets]

Hey, my RPG thing got canceled today. If anyone wants to do raiding I will be available.

Deebaser wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that small laboratory websites are universally hilarious, because they foremost represent what one nerdy old PI who doesn't understand web design happens to think is cool.

Also they are updated like once every 10 years.

The legacy of 90s internet lives on in them; it's all low resolution gifs of spinning protein structures and quotes that are trying way too hard to make their research sound awesome.

i have a friend who makes these websites as art projects

he laments the loss of autoplay midi like whoa

Professor's websites are a special kind of 90s internet, though.

Like they're clearly trying to look respectable and professional, but no one in the lab is capable of it and/or cares enough.

as a 90s college student, professors didn't really have websites. if they did they were hosted by geocities and had fuck all useful class related information. We also had to walk through the quad uphill both ways to get to the dining hall.

That's the point, though! Professors are always a couple decades behind. The laboratory websites of today have only caught up with 90s.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    is [members only jackets] SKFM's alt account?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is it normal that sometimes when I unplug my PS3 controller from ym computer, I get a BSOD?

I'm thinking it's not a feature.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Is it normal that sometimes when I unplug my PS3 controller from ym computer, I get a BSOD?

I'm thinking it's not a feature.

I can't answer your question but you should REALLY get a 360 controller for pc gaming...it works seamlessly.

Nah it is [chat]'s pro-tier Destiny guild

Purps for days, fam

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Carried forward from the last thread
    Last whiny post for a while, but I want to say...

No, your last whiny post was the one where I said that if I was going to kick you out of chat after your next whiny post.

geth, kick @21stCentury‌ from the thread

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. @21stCentury banned from this thread.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, @21stCentury.
    Warned @21stCentury (0 points for 1 week) for "Kicked from thread: Not welcome"

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I liked what he did but his excuse for not doing that earlier was that he wasn't an "activist," like it was a requirement for being open with LGBT sexuality.

Its actually a fine excuse.

He runs a company that caters to the masses. It is one of the most broadly liked companies in the world. Lots of my republican, socially conservative friends/clients have macbooks, iPhones, etc. Had he done this 7-10 years ago, he would have been making a business decision to hurt his brand in order to push a message, and put undue stress on him and his partner... and the calculus did not make sense for him to do so, and that is perfectly fine.

Like I said, he never seemed ashamed to be gay. His partner is well known at Apple and the social stuff he does. He just didn't want his personal life under the microscope at the cost of affecting the company he works for or his own happiness. Seems fucking legit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Nah it is [chat]'s pro-tier Destiny guild

Purps for days, fam

All purp everything

#raidin'
    #woo!

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I...

do not know what destiny is

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My secretary is not at work today. But no one assigned me a secretary to cover. And I have these binders that a first year gave me with no labels on the spines. And I need my secretary to make labels for them. . . This is not a good situation.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Exotic backups erry slot all day get some

Psn:wazukki
    TL DR wrote: »
    I...

Well, when Halo and World of Warcraft love each other very much...

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    a segment of the lgbt activist crowd seem to have drawn doubtful ethical lessons from harvey milk

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My secretary is not at work today. But no one assigned me a secretary to cover. And I have these binders that a first year gave me with no labels on the spines. And I need my secretary to make labels for them. . . This is not a good situation.

Step 1: Find Sharpie

Step 2: Write labels

Step 3: Fire secretary now you have the Ken of the Labels

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

maybe they are binders full of secretaries

TL DR wrote: »
    I...

A tower defense FPS where Peter Dinklage is the tower.

wander out of your office holding binders and crying plaintively

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    bungie's next thing that I've wanted to play since before halo 3 was out and that I can't because I don't have anything to play it on and this is the worst thing in the world

ftOqU21.png
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

You can do this.

Years of training and education have all culminated in this pivotal moment.

We believe in you.

America believes in you.

Psn:wazukki
    Guys, must you go on about "purples" and "raiding" what with a new WoW expansion merely weeks away?

It's insensitive to some of us who have been attempting to prevent any possibility of relapse.

uL9Wl8n.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    wazilla wrote: »

You can do this.

Years of training and education have all culminated in this pivotal moment.

We believe in you.

America believes in you.

Smash cut to SKFM sitting on the floor in his office, binders in a broken pile around him, labels stuck to his face and a biro up his nose

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

fuck that. have another secretary bring you the label maker.
    label everything in your office.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I don't believe in you SKFM, I mean as the 1% you're a statistical anomaly at best

rice porridge for lunch

that I only paid 10 kr for because it was on sale so it'll taste even better

ftOqU21.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I can see the struggle.

Skills once acquired left to wither and fallow, like a rich, overweight nobleperson who let their legs atrophy once they got slaves and a litter to be moved about in, forced to walk themselves to market.

Ask a lower tier dude who has a secretary if you could borrow them for 30 minutes

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...

larson-oct-1987.gif

everything

"floor"

"ceiling"

"Bob"

"Desk"

"Useless twat"

"Another desk"

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.