As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mobile display issues

GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM!ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
Hi all,
I'm having a problem where the forum won't display properly when I scroll down. After a short distance, the forum toolbar will creep up and overtakes the page so I can't read any posts. The screenshot I attached shows what it looks like; if I keep scrolling it eventually goes all grey. It used to be pretty infrequent but it's happening more often, and I actually just had something similar happen on another website. Maybe it's not Vanilla-related? I'm using Chrome. Not sure what to do, but it's rather annoying.

qg8xy0uezty9.jpg

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Okay, my apologies if that screenshot doesn't display for anyone else.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    This actually happens to me as well, which means that it's important. I'll let Vanilla know.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's really weird and doesn't happen for every thread.

Using Safari for iOS, there's no problems at all.

YL9WnCY.png
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Having some issues on mobile tonight. Some icons aren't appearing it would seem and instead showing as a block.

xtjlutoinatw.jpg

Edit

Nm seems to have corrected itself. :)

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I'm still having the same issue on and off, I'm afraid.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Here's a weird one happening now in the Smash Bros thread (G&T). Guessing it's due to the long thread title. I can't scroll horizontally at all here.

HTC One m8 - Chrome browser

86rjcmirn774.png

Edit: Ha, and as soon as I post a reply to that topic it starts displaying fine. Go figure.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    That first screenshot? That's what the forum index is like for me since the Holiday Hangout kicked in. Maybe because the entire page is now shorter than my display?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been having a problem with the BBcode button bar not being over the post window on mobile, so I have to do italics or spoilers or whatnot manually. Just the last 2 or 3 days.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I've been having a problem with the BBcode button bar not being over the post window on mobile, so I have to do italics or spoilers or whatnot manually. Just the last 2 or 3 days.

I'm seeing this right now in Safari iOS 8

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh yeah I'm using Chrome on mobile, on an HTC One

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I've tested this on chrome in ios 8 as well as safari and it is gone in both.

I'm still having the same issue I brought up in the OP on and off, I'm afraid. Any idea what the problem / a potential fix is?

• Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    The same thing as the op is happening to me too again. The grey side bar creeps up as I'm scrolling down making it impossible to read the ads/navigate. Chrome on ios8

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    iPhone 6+, basic Safari

Just started happening this evening.

The inbox / notifications / etc. bar at the bottom is permanently on the screen and cannot be interacted with.

Reactions bring me to a "you need JavaScript enabled to do that" page.

Quote trees are 100% expanded at all times.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    iPhone 6+, basic Safari

Just started happening this evening.

The inbox / notifications / etc. bar at the bottom is permanently on the screen and cannot be interacted with.

Reactions bring me to a "you need JavaScript enabled to do that" page.

Quote trees are 100% expanded at all times.

Exact same problem here. Seems like the JS is busted.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's working for me on 6+ safari

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It's working for me on 6+ safari

Still not working for me today.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Getting a bunch of windows and shenanigans plus a debug trace and notice reading
    Array to string conversion
    /var/www/frontend-c60b15f9bf41fc/plugins/vfoptions/class.vfoptions.plugin.php line 183.
    /var/www/frontend-c60b15f9bf41fc/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 725.
    /var/www/frontend-c60b15f9bf41fc/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php line 662.
    /var/www/frontend-c60b15f9bf41fc/library/core/class.pluggable.php line 196.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's working for me, now.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    chrome for ios8 updated recently so i don't know if that affected anything, but I have not had the issue since then.

edited January 2015
    Uh so this is a new one on iOS 8 Safari. My Bookmarks page is showin up all screwy

it7d75oqalwu.jpg

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Glad it's not just me. Also on iOS 8 Safari. Unless my bookmark page got infracted...

o9bht7kmxlsm.jpg

Jayricho on
    Oh wow is that what's covering it?? I can't zoom out so it just looks like a bunch of gray crap.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Mine looked the same as yours at first. I restarted my phone and got the prison bars afterward. :lol:

Jayricho on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I am also getting the jailed screen overlay in Chrome for Android on a Galaxy Note 4.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Same. Chrome on android.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    This happening to me on iPhone 6+ safari, but only on D&D main page and its threads.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    D&D must have broken some rules because on my galaxy s 5 it is jailed.

No I don't.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm having this same issue. It seems like @Harry Dresden 's jailed status is taking over. Sometimes the only thing that I get taken to upon filling a link on mobile safari is his profile. I dunno. Hope that is helpful.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I am also getting the jailed screen overlay in Chrome for Android on a Galaxy Note 4.

Yep, you can add me to the list of people getting this jail display overlay - though only on my bookmarked thread popup - on an Android, in this case in Chrome on a LG Mach.
    I'm having this same issue. It seems like "Harry Dresden" 's jailed status is taking over. Sometimes the only thing that I get taken to upon filling a link on mobile safari is his profile. I dunno. Hope that is helpful.

FWIW, unfollowing the Flash thread (Started by Mr. Dresden, as I had the same thought you must've) corrected the issue on my mobile bookmarks.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That must I mean I didn't get myself jailed from d&d and bookmarks, which is a relief.

On ios8 Safari. No issues when I switched to full site though

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Same here. Also ios8, Safari. Affects D&d but bookmarks are ok for me

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Same issue for me. Only happens in D&D.
    Using Chrome on Android.

uosw0va58gph.png

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    This is happening to me as well. Jailed overlay on My Bookmarks.

Android 4. 4. 2, stock browser

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Jailed overlay here but on the D+D boards

Android + Chrome

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    D&D Safari on iPhone

Lh96QHG.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    D&D Android on a Nexus 5, same here. I thought my phone was freaking out so I rebooted it, but it still has the same graphic.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Uh so this is a new one on iOS 8 Safari. My Bookmarks page is showin up all screwy

it7d75oqalwu.jpg

I am getting this today too on chrome with a galaxy s4. Using full site seems better.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Getting this on iOS, iPhone 4S, Chrome.

Only noticed it with Harry Dresden, as others have pointed out

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Galaxy S3, trying to figure out why there's a big pixelated blur on my screen only to see everyone else saying it's somebody's jailed status. Will try rebooting my phone to see if it clears up.