As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Brothers!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Iwata announced it was back in January.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Uncle PK wrote: »
    Oh my god Awkward Zombie

so good

I really wish they would bring back Roy, he was my favorite Fire Emblem character.

WHY?

Seriously, Roy's So Lame.

I don't play Fire Emblem :P

I just liked him cause he made things blow up with his sword and his up-B lit people on fire. He was the Ken of the smash bros universe!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    roy is slightly cooler than spiderman 3 pit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    roy is slightly cooler than spiderman 3 pit

Untrue.

Said as a fan of Roy.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dark pit wishes he was spider-man 3

2x39jD4.jpg
    Someone found out how to use Rosalina's down B

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have watched that for a full minute and I'm still not sure what happened

6F32U1X.png
    Holy crap.

Also her down B is hyper useful.

edited November 2014
    The only thing I think Iunderstand is that she used her down B to eat the shots from the ship cannons

and somehow that fucked them up and caused a huge barrage of laser fire???

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    The Arwings and Great Fox fire lasers as a stage hazard. Rosalina positioned herself on top of the Great Fox's cannon and started spamming her down b. The down B basically makes a field around Rosalina that pulls projectiles of any kind towards her and eventually destroys them. So when Fox tried to attack her, she create a maelstrom of laser fire that KO'd Fox.

tl;dr Rosalina is a bullshit character.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Anyone playing atm?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Anyone playing atm?

Shoot I would play you but im stuck on campus

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Anyone playing atm?

Shoot I would play you but im stuck on campus

Well

I actually can't play because I can't get the new patch cause eshop is down

thanks nintendo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    There's another patch out? Interesting

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    There's another patch out? Interesting

no I haven't played since 1.03

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    the old new patch i am assuming

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Oh hey i forgot this is a new thread

@Munkus beaver you still playing?

The Arwings and Great Fox fire lasers as a stage hazard. Rosalina positioned herself on top of the Great Fox's cannon and started spamming her down b. The down B basically makes a field around Rosalina that pulls projectiles of any kind towards her and eventually destroys them. So when Fox tried to attack her, she create a maelstrom of laser fire that KO'd Fox.

Interestingly, Ness's absorption will do the same thing

dN0T6ur.png
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Ugh, fought a pac-man who only threw items and dropped hydrants. And loooooost.

I tried to recreate that Rosalina thing with no luck

Really wanted to screw with my buddies

Man I really wanted to play tonight

Oh well, Bayonetta 2

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Interestingly, Ness's absorption will do the same thing

I

I wonder if Villager can pocket the shots.

Though even if they could, it might be impossible to position yourself so you can store a shot and still live.

IKknkhU.gif
    I can play with you, Chincy, if you ever get your update applied

dN0T6ur.png
    Oh hey i forgot this is a new thread

Munkus beaver you still playing?
    Last I know he's still in the hospital with poor WiFi.

YL9WnCY.png

it's quite tough - if you get into position to get hit prematurely it'll fire an unblockable shot, same w/ ness i think
    - you've got to let it charge up completely and use the move on the rapid-fire shots

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    The gun itself counts as a physical hit on the initial discharge, right? Like a danger zone in Smash Run.

Fun times

dN0T6ur.png
    edited November 2014
    turtleant‌ oh hey you have friend codes in there mine is 3496-9713-7513 in case people want to smash a bro please

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    I can play with you, Chincy, if you ever get your update applied

Appreciate it, but I keep trying and it won't go

and then I tried evolve and it sucked

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

edited November 2014
    BlueBlue wrote: »

it's quite tough - if you get into position to get hit prematurely it'll fire an unblockable shot, same w/ ness i think
    - you've got to let it charge up completely and use the move on the rapid-fire shots

It's a good thing this is tough to pull off, or we'd be getting a lot of Rosalina players constantly picking Corneria

EDIT: Why thank you mr. Geth!

Uncle PK on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    corneria's generally banned anyway because of how you can pin people against the tail fin

aw man, I liked that stage :(

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Once again learned that Lucario vs. Lucario is really stressful. Beat a guy who was using Fox, second match they switch to Lucario. Really unclear off the bat how much they've played as them before, but they make a lot of mistakes (that I make too still) that leave them open. Really got to punishing them for it in later matches and ended on a winning streak, but lost two of the early matches surprisingly easily.

EidolonOrpheus on
    corneria's generally banned anyway because of how you can pin people against the tail fin

does that work so well in this version though when the jabs back you up

CD World Tour status:
    The 3DS is just not good for competitive stages. There's like five neutrals.

Honestly, the 3DS is not too hot for stages in general. I see a lot of stages that people like, but there's always one detail that shits everything up. Stuff like "I like Magicant...or I would if it weren't for the fucking Flying Men." happens frequently when discussing 3DS stages.

YL9WnCY.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I recently rewatched that 50 Facts about Smash U video because it makes me feel good inside

I think the most hilarious thing about it is how Nintendo just completely throws the 3DS version under the bus, they essentially take every chance to remind you how shitty it is

Like, a week after it came out

With only a slight reprieve on the "The fantastic Smash Run mode is 3DS-exclusive" and then they show the Wii U exclusive mode that looks waaaaaay cooler

edited November 2014
    The 3DS is just not good for competitive stages. There's like five neutrals.

Honestly, the 3DS is not too hot for stages in general. I see a lot of stages that people like, but there's always one detail that shits everything up. Stuff like "I like Magicant...or I would if it weren't for the fucking Flying Men." happens frequently when discussing 3DS stages.

Well it's a game that only was gonna have a competitive lifespan of a few months anyway

Actually come to think of it, not even a full two NA/EU

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited November 2014
    Holy shit
    B1jry57_Ig_AAq73p.jpg

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Are we sure that's legit, because if so: Wow.

Palutena has always had a dirty mouth, but

god. damn.

Im calling it out because this is Nintendo after all, but I want to believe dammit

This discussion has been closed.