As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Rebels] Season 4: May the Fourth Be With Uth

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I heard a fan theory about the Lothwolf that I hope is wrong...
    that the lothwolf is Ashoka reincarnated
    considering we saw her walk away from her battle with Darth Vader that is a really stupid theory.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    uh, did we?
    from what I remember it was hecka ambiguous and seems real unlikely that Vader would have let her live?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    uh, did we?
    from what I remember it was hecka ambiguous and seems real unlikely that Vader would have let her live?

Vader is seen leaving the temple, not doing so hot his respirator going hard, a bird flies past him through some clouds and you see the back of Ahsoka walking into the temple. What I got from it was Ahsoka defeated him but due to their relationship was unable to kill him so they parted ways. Nobody was dying

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiwr25OU_w

You see a very brief flash of Ashoka limping deeper into the caverns at 2:50 in the second clip. It's possible that she died of wounds sustained, but it's also possible that she survived like Maul did and is still alive waiting for some future author to decide he needs a Clone Wars era Jedi with personal ties to the Skywalker line to show up again.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    see317 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXiwr25OU_w

You see a very brief flash of Ashoka limping deeper into the caverns at 2:50 in the second clip. It's possible that she died of wounds sustained, but it's also possible that she survived like Maul did and is still alive waiting for some future author to decide he needs a Clone Wars era Jedi with personal ties to the Skywalker line to show up again.

not seeing any limping with Ahsoka walking into the temple but it is really brief so...

but watching the scenes again reminds me on how good season 2 was.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hah, I just realised, I'd been assuming that was metaphorical this whole time.
    the bird is Ahsoka, she's dead and reincarnated. It flies to the temple and you see her spirit head inside. I never took that to mean she physically survived that fight, but I totally see that interpretation now.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I didn't think she survived, I thought that bit was metaphorical as well.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hah, I just realised, I'd been assuming that was metaphorical this whole time.
    the bird is Ahsoka, she's dead and reincarnated. It flies to the temple and you see her spirit head inside. I never took that to mean she physically survived that fight, but I totally see that interpretation now.
    That bird is the new leader of the Rebellion.

• Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    I heard a fan theory about the Lothwolf that I hope is wrong...
    that the lothwolf is Ashoka reincarnated

This was a theory even before the season started, this should clear things up:

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Ashoka may suffer from the same fate as any character that appeared for more then two seconds in the movies suffered in the old EU - too important to be killed in smaller projects, too minor to bring back to kill in the first place.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I've been just dreading the worst since Filoni said that Ashoka would be back, "just not the way you'd expect" or something to that effect.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I've been just dreading the worst since Filoni said that Ashoka would be back, "just not the way you'd expect" or something to that effect.

She will be wearing a mumu and have, like, three kids.

• Options

What if...
    she's a force ghost?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Rebel Assault
    Pretty gritty episode, which I appreciate. No sign of Wedge, but we know he'll be around eventually. I liked this episode a lot more than some recent ones since our heroes are really starting to get beat up a little, both physically and emotionally.

I know it's a kid show first, but how dark are they planning to go with the rest of the season. I can't imagine things ending well since there is a build up to Rogue One and A New Hope. At the very least, Esra and Kanan have got to go, right?

I mean they found a way to write out Ahsoka in the CW in such a way that she wasn't dead and it made sense why she didn't show up in EP III.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Rebel Assault
    Pretty gritty episode, which I appreciate. No sign of Wedge, but we know he'll be around eventually. I liked this episode a lot more than some recent ones since our heroes are really starting to get beat up a little, both physically and emotionally.

I know it's a kid show first, but how dark are they planning to go with the rest of the season. I can't imagine things ending well since there is a build up to Rogue One and A New Hope. At the very least, Esra and Kanan have got to go, right?

I mean they found a way to write out Ahsoka in the CW in such a way that she wasn't dead and it made sense why she didn't show up in EP III.

That's true, but how are they going to explain that two Jedi are still alive. Not only that, they are stationed on the same Yavin base that Luke ends up at. Yoda comments that Luke is the last Jedi after he dies. While it's obvious Yoda could be wrong, or not counting strong Force-sensitive people, he has already spoken directly to Kanan and Ezra, so he knows of their existence.

Kanan and Ezra don't have to die, but they certainly can't be Jedi anymore after the series ends. They are both appear to be stronger than Luke pre-RotJ. Holding your own against Vader (who isn't holding back like he was with Luke) is impressive. Their existence just doesn't work with the rest of the trilogy unless they are written out properly. Not necessarily by killing them off, but what else could they do that isn't weak? I hope it's pretty cool though!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Rebel Assault

That's true, but how are they going to explain that two Jedi are still alive. Not only that, they are stationed on the same Yavin base that Luke ends up at. Yoda comments that Luke is the last Jedi after he dies. While it's obvious Yoda could be wrong, or not counting strong Force-sensitive people, he has already spoken directly to Kanan and Ezra, so he knows of their existence.

Kanan and Ezra don't have to die, but they certainly can't be Jedi anymore after the series ends. They are both appear to be stronger than Luke pre-RotJ. Holding your own against Vader (who isn't holding back like he was with Luke) is impressive. Their existence just doesn't work with the rest of the trilogy unless they are written out properly. Not necessarily by killing them off, but what else could they do that isn't weak? I hope it's pretty cool though!

Neither Kanan or Ezra are Jedi even now. Kanan never completed his training and while he tries to be a Jedi there's always a little too much anger for him to do it, and Ezra is always damn close to tipping one way or another.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Rebel Assault

Neither Kanan or Ezra are Jedi even now. Kanan never completed his training and while he tries to be a Jedi there's always a little too much anger for him to do it, and Ezra is always damn close to tipping one way or another.

There pretty much trained force users. They are referred to as Jedi by both the Empire and Rebels.

Kanan went through his trials in the temple basically and though not knighted is a Jedi with a Padawan.

Just because he has emotions doesn't make him not one.

Yoda knows about both of them as per the second season.

Obi-wan knows about Ezra at least.

With all this they have to be disappeared and the only person really to survive is Rex. As I guess he has been unofficially confirmed as the old dude in Return of the Jedi on Endor.

ZZ04EE78BE-700x438.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Of course, the original trilogy was written long before Rebels was a concept so naturally Yoda and Obi-Wan can't comment on them. Kanan and Ezra don't have to die, but having them stop being Jedi like Ashoka probably isn't going to cut it. They are too well known by both the Rebels and the Empire to simply decide to not be around anymore.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also Chopper, The Ghost, and presumably Hera survive as well, that we know of.

• Options
    So we know Hera and the Ghost were in Rogue One, did they make it out of Rogue One? I don't remember seeing the Ghost retreating after the battle but I could of missed it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So we know Hera and the Ghost were in Rogue One, did they make it out of Rogue One? I don't remember seeing the Ghost retreating after the battle but I could of missed it.

Probably left deliberately unanswered.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Hera and the rest of the Ghost crew are fine to be used later on. They're all just Rebels and not a problem to story continuity. In fact, I'd love for them to do a story on her that runs parallel to the original trilogy. Call it Star Wars: Hera. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    brynhrtmnbrynhrtmn Registered User regular
    Spoiler concerning Heras fate
    It was confirmed that Hera is alive after Return of the Jedi. She delivers supplies to the rebels immediately after the Battle of Endor in one of the Forces of Destiny shorts.

• Options
    Of course, the original trilogy was written long before Rebels was a concept so naturally Yoda and Obi-Wan can't comment on them. Kanan and Ezra don't have to die, but having them stop being Jedi like Ashoka probably isn't going to cut it. They are too well known by both the Rebels and the Empire to simply decide to not be around anymore.

Yeah, something has to happen to them. Yoda explicitly tells Luke when he dies in Return of the Jedi that Luke will be the last of the Jedi, and he knows about Kanan and Ezra.

• Options
    Igort wrote: »

Yeah, something has to happen to them. Yoda explicitly tells Luke when he dies in Return of the Jedi that Luke will be the last of the Jedi, and he knows about Kanan and Ezra.

He also tells Luke just before that that once you start down the path of the dark side it's forever part of your destiny. So he kind of qualifies that statement.

• Options
    My guess:

Kanan dies in a heroic sacrifice which Ezra is partially responsible for due to him giving into the darkside. Ezra swears off the force forever.

• Options
    My guess:

Kanan dies in a heroic sacrifice which Ezra is partially responsible for due to him giving into the darkside. Ezra swears off the force forever.

Yeah, that's sort of lame and predictable though. I'm going to have a hard time believing that Ezra just walks away from it and never uses the Force again. They tried that with Asoka and it didn't work for her in the end.

If they went that route, would they just bring Ezra back post-RotJ? He'd be about 10 or so years older, right? Rebuild the Jedi order with Luke? I don't know, sounds unwieldy.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Guys Asoka
    will be back in a goddamn movie, just not in the animation.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Guys Asoka

Source or gtfo because that would be some amazing news

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Guys Asoka

Ahsoka v Ventress: the Dawn of Slashfic

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Guys Asoka

Source or gtfo because that would be some amazing news

No source yet, but I mean: come on. She's the favored new-cannon character of the producers and directors behind half of the media right now (especially Filoni). She isn't going to be killed off screen without having a considerable amount of build up and in a way that isn't large and without 100% certainty of her death.

Forces of Destiny show they are still interested in telling her story, and the only way they end it is in a fashion that is big. My guess would be either her own spin-off animated franchise or in one of the new sets of non-sequential films Disney is lining up.

• Options
    I like Asoka, but I hope they don’t keep her around after A New Hope. It muddies up the OT with Luke and potentially Leia being the last hope for battling the Sith.

Give her a movie or series, just give her a proper send off. Like how they handled Maul. That ending was near perfection in every way and fitting arc for both he and Obi-Wan.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I like Asoka, but I hope they don’t keep her around after A New Hope. It muddies up the OT with Luke and potentially Leia being the last hope for battling the Sith.

Give her a movie or series, just give her a proper send off. Like how they handled Maul. That ending was near perfection in every way and fitting arc for both he and Obi-Wan.

Send the 3 of them off past the rim together

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Igort wrote: »

What if...
    she's a force ghost?
    That would actually be acceptable. I felt they were fully building Ashoka up to die at the end of S2, so when they left it ambiguous, it really honked me off. But that theory would pretty much contradict the "Ashoka lives!" Filoni t-shirt.

I haven't ruled out the possibility she'll show up in Ep 8. All of this stuff is canon and it's all owned by Disney and we've got some vaguely wolf-like creature in the last jedi trailer which hints at Filoni's influence. But it's all up in the air. I think she should have died by Vader's hand...no ambiguity IMO

• Options
    edited December 2017
    So I was watching the Freemaker adventures with my daughters and in the Return of the Return of the Jedi
    When they are all celebrating in the Ewok village after the destruction of the second Death Star, my 4-year old pointed out that Hera and Chopper were in the background

Is that show Canon?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    So I was watching the Freemaker adventures with my daughters and in the Return of the Return of the Jedi
    When they are all celebrating in the Ewok village after the destruction of the second Death Star, my 4-year old pointed out that Hera and Chopper were in the background

Is that show Canon?

I doubt it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Is that show Canon?
    Forces of Destiny has Hera delivering supplies in the aftermath of Endor. That show is canon, so the idea is that at least Hera is around fro the entire trilogy.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Is that show Canon?

The show where a ten year old force sensitive builds a super fighter capable of slicing an imperial star destroyer in half?

I'm gonna guess that's a "No" on being canon.
    As much as it pains me.
    Skip to 18 minutes in for my favorite scene in the series
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1i9NMBFPSY
    "Wow... these things are big.
    "Yup.

Though I do appreciate the steps they took to keep the show from interfering too much with what actually is canon.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "a-hem... forgot the droid."

Typical.