Pinny Forum Secret Santa Signups/Picture thread

14567810»

Posts

  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Happendy wrote: »
    I too have figured out how to upload pictures from my phone! snip

    Thanks again to @TheAggroCraig for the awesome present!

    The middle two pins were from a trade actually but I consider it part of the gift because the trade was unfair to him.

    The camper pins just made my day though :)

    Unfair is a strong word. The KI pins aren't really THAT sought after, so hanging onto spares seemed a bit pointless... might as well help someone out in need! But I won't lie, finding out you were my Santee at about the same time did make that decision super easy. Glad you're enjoying all of it! (And thank you Pinnypals for helping me choose what to send!)

    TheAggroCraig on
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    The updated list of giftees I need info on. Please let me know if there are any updates.
    @Geometric Cube‌ (tracking shows gift delivered after taking the scenic route. Sender not in country to get it.)
    @Cowpuppy‌ (Currently battling USPS issues).
    @NowHiringHenchmen‌ (gift received has not posted yet)
    @vaanrose (first part received, waiting on second)

  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    @Versuserik so I may love orange juice almost as much as my wife. If she weren't around, I'd be in an awkward relationship with it in some way. Thanks again for the gifts, since I now have a new favorite orange juice mug.
    EHdXyQP.jpg

    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    Sammy.Samfishfishmonkeyhat
  • VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Super cool! Mmmmmm..... OJ sounds good. I have a tangerine tree in my yard that's going off right now. Absolutely epic juice from them-thanks for the reminder!

    PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I have the same knives!

  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Buckle up, pin peeps. I've got a big post to lay down here.

    But before I begin... to whoever my original Santa was, even though USPS ate the gift, thank you so much for the effort you put in to searching for it and packaging it up and mailing it. Thanks for trying to find it when the USPS sent it to Narnia. And if you fretted because it went missing... please don't. I was almost you, so I know you probably were worried sick and dismayed when it disappeared. I may not have the exact gift you sent, but you signed up to be a Santa because you wanted to be part of this community and make someone happy, and despite what happened, so many people stepped in to make sure I wasn't the odd one out in this little experiment. So thank you, first and foremost.

    I've already thanked @pureval for making this thing happen and keeping tabs on everything, but thanks again publicly. And thanks @Juicesir too for helping set it up and @grgemonkey for integrating it with the ever-wonderful Pinnypals site.

    ON TO BUSINESS...

    Well, let me spin a yarn. I'm never home on the weekends, so one of my favorite things about Mondays (or in this case, Tuesdays) is the pile of mail that often awaits me when I get home. I placed a big Amazon order recently so I was expecting a metric crap-ton of packages, but this was a bit more than I had imagined:

    y8e4ftwyab5y.jpg

    Two of those were clearly from pin pals (I was aware I had belated Santa gifts coming), so I decided to set those aside for last. I was digging into the last of what I thought was my Amazon purchases and I actually gasped out loud when I found this instead of the replacement windshield wiper blades I expected:

    n5o0epx6kw3g.jpg

    And there was a note explaining that this is just part one of two... and given the other two packages on my dresser, neither of which was from Pin Angel #1, this was the moment I started to realize pureval wasn't exaggerating when he said he'd gotten quite the response from his angel gifters.

    So I started opening this thing, whispering and texting my wife-to-be various renditions of the phrase "holy shit" because I found this inside:

    vi48cxkevlnq.jpg

    And obviously I put it on right away...

    rte5ysh5hfib.jpg

    Hell yes.

    Thanks so much, @Diffusion! I love Assassin's Creed and I've always wanted one of these. It's wonderful.

    Now, gift #2. The name on the box wasn't anyone I've traded with before, so it was another surprise. I cracked it open to find a nice note from my second pin angel, complete with mention of the Pats' amazing Super Bowl victory, so this Santa was already in my good books!

    The first thing I saw was this:

    jnnooq75bdpe.jpg

    It had me giggling out loud because Biscuit Fistos? Admiral Ack-bars? Obi-Wan Tons? I am both a Star Wars fan (fan might not be a strong enough word) and have a huge sweet tooth, so this is 100% perfect. Plus it's got cookie cutters shaped like Vader, Yoda, and Artoo. I could not be happier.

    Add in a mug filled with candy and a canvas bag with a bitchin' owl on the front from a bookstore big enough to have its own map, and the result is that @Sammy.Sam knocked it out of the park.

    ygyr089db9qj.jpg
    lanorblxai59.jpg

    So last but not least, I recognized the name on the last box and grinned, because everyone knows my third Santa and everyone knows my third Santa is just an all-around great pin pal. She also happens to be my Squirrel Squad buddy, and was my Aus pal all the way back when it was just the two of us. We've got a full group now, but once upon a time it was just me running around at East and my pal cheering me on via twitter or whatever inefficient means of communication we were using back then.

    But anyway, gifts first, then the reveal.

    The first thing I saw was the vegemite!

    kf5bdo3leyoe.jpg

    I'm actually really excited to give this a try. There were some seriously detailed consumption instructions provided, so I will proceed with caution, but I am incredibly curious.

    Also included in this gift was this little guy:

    cvowicihciem.jpg

    Cute, until I realized he's clearly just mauled some unsuspecting tourist. And his eyes glow and he makes some freakin' scary noises. I laughed for a good while because there's nothing like getting a custom, Limited Dropbear Edition, murderous keychain from a friend.

    Last, but certainly not least, gift #3 included these:

    jr76userbjrg.jpg

    Pictured next to my Star Wars pajamas for emphasis. They're gorgeous. I oooohed as soon as I pulled them out of the package.

    Thank you so much, @Duckie! Not only are you a fantastic pin pal, you're an amazing pin angel as well.

    That's it (for now)! Thanks again to my three pin angels, and to my secret santa, and to everyone who made this happen. When pureval said my santa's gift was well and truly missing, I was so sad for them... it sucks believing you've let someone down, somehow, even if it wasn't your fault at all. But when I learned that others had stepped in, I was touched. I've only met a few of you in person, and I'm only a little less quiet on the internet than I am in real life, but this solidifies for me that this community we've got is strong and caring and full of amazing people. Thank you all. And even though the holiday season is over, I didn't get a chance to say it before so I'll say it now: I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that 2015 brings you joy. May this be the year you get a DLC. And if you already have every pin you ever wanted... may this be the year you make the kind of trade that makes someone else smile.

    Cowpuppy on
    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

    There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
    DiffusionPAX_SkeletorfishfishmonkeyhatgrgemonkeySammy.SamDuckieHingo00Fayt00purevalSKOoOTAFitzchivalry
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Cowpuppy wrote: »
    Buckle up, pin peeps. I've got a big post to lay down here.

    But before I begin... to whoever my original Santa was, even though USPS ate the gift, thank you so much for the effort you put in to searching for it and packaging it up and mailing it. Thanks for trying to find it when the USPS sent it to Narnia. And if you fretted because it went missing... please don't. I was almost you, so I know you probably were worried sick and dismayed when it disappeared. I may not have the exact gift you sent, but you signed up to be a Santa because you wanted to be part of this community and make someone happy, and despite what happened, so many people stepped in to make sure I wasn't the odd one out in this little experiment. So thank you, first and foremost.

    I've already thanked @pureval for making this thing happen and keeping tabs on everything, but thanks again publicly. And thanks @Juicesir too for helping set it up and @grgemonkey for integrating it with the ever-wonderful Pinnypals site.

    ON TO BUSINESS...

    Well, let me spin a yarn. I'm never home on the weekends, so one of my favorite things about Mondays (or in this case, Tuesdays) is the pile of mail that often awaits me when I get home. I placed a big Amazon order recently so I was expecting a metric crap-ton of packages, but this was a bit more than I had imagined:

    y8e4ftwyab5y.jpg

    Two of those were clearly from pin pals (I was aware I had belated Santa gifts coming), so I decided to set those aside for last. I was digging into the last of what I thought was my Amazon purchases and I actually gasped out loud when I found this instead of the replacement windshield wiper blades I expected:

    n5o0epx6kw3g.jpg

    And there was a note explaining that this is just part one of two... and given the other two packages on my dresser, neither of which was from Pin Angel #1, this was the moment I started to realize pureval wasn't exaggerating when he said he'd gotten quite the response from his angel gifters.

    So I started opening this thing, whispering and texting my wife-to-be various renditions of the phrase "holy shit" because I found this inside:

    vi48cxkevlnq.jpg

    And obviously I put it on right away...

    rte5ysh5hfib.jpg

    Hell yes.

    Thanks so much, @Diffusion! I love Assassin's Creed and I've always wanted one of these. It's wonderful.

    Now, gift #2. The name on the box wasn't anyone I've traded with before, so it was another surprise. I cracked it open to find a nice note from my second pin angel, complete with mention of the Pats' amazing Super Bowl victory, so this Santa was already in my good books!

    The first thing I saw was this:

    jnnooq75bdpe.jpg

    It had me giggling out loud because Biscuit Fistos? Admiral Ack-bars? Obi-Wan Tons? I am both a Star Wars fan (fan might not be a strong enough word) and have a huge sweet tooth, so this is 100% perfect. Plus it's got cookie cutters shaped like Vader, Yoda, and Artoo. I could not be happier.

    Add in a mug filled with candy and a canvas bag with a bitchin' owl on the front from a bookstore big enough to have its own map, and the result is that @Sammy.Sam knocked it out of the park.

    ygyr089db9qj.jpg
    lanorblxai59.jpg

    So last but not least, I recognized the name on the last box and grinned, because everyone knows my third Santa and everyone knows my third Santa is just an all-around great pin pal. She also happens to be my Squirrel Squad buddy, and was my Aus pal all the way back when it was just the two of us. We've got a full group now, but once upon a time it was just me running around at East and my pal cheering me on via twitter or whatever inefficient means of communication we were using back then.

    But anyway, gifts first, then the reveal.

    The first thing I saw was the vegemite!

    kf5bdo3leyoe.jpg

    I'm actually really excited to give this a try. There were some seriously detailed consumption instructions provided, so I will proceed with caution, but I am incredibly curious.

    Also included in this gift was this little guy:

    cvowicihciem.jpg

    Cute, until I realized he's clearly just mauled some unsuspecting tourist. And his eyes glow and he makes some freakin' scary noises. I laughed for a good while because there's nothing like getting a custom, Limited Dropbear Edition, murderous keychain from a friend.

    Last, but certainly not least, gift #3 included these:

    jr76userbjrg.jpg

    Pictured next to my Star Wars pajamas for emphasis. They're gorgeous. I oooohed as soon as I pulled them out of the package.

    Thank you so much, @Duckie! Not only are you a fantastic pin pal, you're an amazing pin angel as well.

    That's it (for now)! Thanks again to my three pin angels, and to my secret santa, and to everyone who made this happen. When pureval said my santa's gift was well and truly missing, I was so sad for them... it sucks believing you've let someone down, somehow, even if it wasn't your fault at all. But when I learned that others had stepped in, I was touched. I've only met a few of you in person, and I'm only a little less quiet on the internet than I am in real life, but this solidifies for me that this community we've got is strong and caring and full of amazing people. Thank you all. And even though the holiday season is over, I didn't get a chance to say it before so I'll say it now: I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that 2015 brings you joy. May this be the year you get a DLC. And if you already have every pin you ever wanted... may this be the year you make the kind of trade that makes someone else smile.

    OHOHOHOHOHO..... Oh dear @Cowpuppy if you think the angels are done with you yet..... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

    My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
    Cowpuppy
  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »
    OHOHOHOHOHO..... Oh dear @Cowpuppy if you think the angels are done with you yet..... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Oh gosh... well, bring it on! I can take what the angels dish out. And make more posts about the things they dish out... SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM.

    That they're awesome, basically.

    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

    There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesome.
    Cowpuppy wrote: »
    cvowicihciem.jpg

    Ummm wtf Duckie just how "limited" are these things?

    I THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL!

    CowpuppyDuckie
  • HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    That keychain is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time.

    Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    these all look awesome. can't wait to try and be in for next year :)

  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

    Ummm wtf Duckie just how "limited" are these things?

    I THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL!

    Haha, there was 9 of them... I have three left :P

    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

    [X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    fishfishmonkeyhat
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    You are not even close to done @Cowpuppy. I have a feeling by the time my angels are done many people are going to wish their gift ended up in Narnia. :)

    Cowpuppy
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I had assumed if someone's present didn't arrive they'd be assigned one "Pingel" to get a present (pinsent) from, not all of them.

  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    I opened it up to the angels and asked who would like to be the one. Everyone wanted to do it and asked if they could all send gifts. How could I refuse?

  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • purevalpureval Registered User regular
    You're all heart fish fish. All heart. And that is coming from me.

    fishfishmonkeyhat00Fayt00
  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    MORE PRESENTS!?!?!?!?

    Got part 2 of my gift from @Diffusion!

    fvn1ehsc2nrp.jpg

    Signed CDs from Distant Worlds! So cool. I saw Distant Worlds last year in Boston but I didn't get a CD so this is awesome! And the Bard Rock pin is a clever addition :) Thanks!

    From a pin pal who did not provide his forum handle (but who I think might have been @Qumaden? Y/N?):

    vwqzgkabiuyv.jpg

    These are fantastic. I laughed out loud at the PokeTARDIS. I'll get a lot of mileage out of these. Thanks so much!

    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

    There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
    fishfishmonkeyhatevil santagrgemonkeypureval
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Yup, the t shirts are from me, forgot to include my forum handle on the envelope! Thought I put it with the note, but my hand writing is pretty bad. Glad you like them!

    Cowpuppy
  • CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Yup, the t shirts are from me, forgot to include my forum handle on the envelope! Thought I put it with the note, but my hand writing is pretty bad. Glad you like them!

    I didn't see a note the first time around, I double checked last night and it turned out that it made a break for freedom and has been hiding under my dresser. But now I can confirm that you did indeed write your name legibly. :P

    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

    There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Cowpuppy wrote: »
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Yup, the t shirts are from me, forgot to include my forum handle on the envelope! Thought I put it with the note, but my hand writing is pretty bad. Glad you like them!

    I didn't see a note the first time around, I double checked last night and it turned out that it made a break for freedom and has been hiding under my dresser. But now I can confirm that you did indeed write your name legibly. :P

    I think legibly is a bit strong, just glad you liked your gift!

  • Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    So I have been absent for a while due to work and preparing for having to deploy on a ship but I have received my secret Santa gift at long last and I have taken a photo, but it is on my iPad. I will post a picture once I have a wifi spot for the iPad. Again, sorry for such a long time to post.

  • agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Again, sorry for such a long time to post.

    It's ok!

    PS. And people give you a hard time for being a square, but we all know you have far more depth than that :)

    Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    He has at least 3 dimensions.

Sign In or Register to comment.