As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Singularity Satans 2014

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    Can we you send you both holiday thank you cards with hot pin up dudes spreading holiday cheer?

I would also take bearded pinups

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Can we you send you both holiday thank you cards with hot pin up dudes spreading holiday cheer?

I'll take the unbearded pinups. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

I'll take the unbearded pinups. :3

This is why we're the perfect team :3

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I'll work on getting the hot PA men together and create a calendar before and after November for both of you then.

Nothing. Matters.
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    yay, was looking forward to this madness again!

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hail Satan!
    First of all, thanks for signing up you're rad!

For stalking/research purposes, I recommend the NFL and table-top threads, as I am a table-top gamer, a football fan, and a nerd. There's a few other random threads I post in, but lately it's been a bit sparse. Feel free to just have someone you know that posts in either or both threads poke around in my brain for anything you're curious about.

For gift ideas, I have wishlists! They are located down in my sig!

If you are in any way a talented crafter or creator of goods, I think it'd be really awesome to have something that I could show to people and say, "Someone made this, just for me." That seems pretty cool. Decorative (like artwork to hang on my wall or a fancy blanket to put on my bed!) or functional (like a dicebag to hold all my dice, or a bag to carry my books in), anything you make me I will love. Hell, if you're a purveyor of food stuffs, and have some sort of signature sauce/dressing/jam/etc that you'd like to share, that'd be pretty awesome cool! Like I said, anything you make just for me I will absolutely love.

My wishlist is actually split up into two, for sorting purposes. I am a huge gaming nerd, and a big fan of D&D 4th edition. I have most of the books for it, so that list is pretty strict, but also includes a lot of materials that are useful for running a game, like miniatures and the like. I don't yet own much of that type of stuff, so that'd be pretty sweet. There's also a bunch of dice and stuff on there too that I'd love to have.

The rest of my wishlist is here. This is books, household items, board games, media, all that good stuff. I've included several books relating to a few topics that interest me but that I don't know a lot about. I'd love to learn more, and I enjoy casually studying a wide variety of topics. Also if you are a religious person who is not a Christian or a Taoist, I would love a good copy of your religious text! (I already have a good bible and a copy of the Tao Te Ching). Also I'm a huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers). I currently have or will get all of the new movies coming out, but I don't have any of the Phase I movies on Blu-Ray, so that's an idea. Also, I'm a fan of the new Marvel Now lines for Thor: God of Thunder and Hawkeye!

Hey wow this is getting pretty long. Thanks for signing up, and if you're not someone I know, I hope we get to know each other better as a result of this. If all else fails a straight up Visa gift card and/or cash would also be great because I'm getting married next year! So, yeah, you know, could always use more cash for that! :P

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    @Neville so um before I send out my email, I'm pretty sure I'm moving in a week or so ... but I don't have the address just yet (apartment). Should I just go with the one I have now (as mail SHOULD be forwarded) and update my Satan thru proxy ASAP? Or just hold off closer to the last date?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This is a perfect thread to mention

Just in time for halloween, I received a package from @Psykoma! Inside there was a lovely note and a big chocolate, peanut butter rice crispie treat loaf thing which she tried to send me for the cookie exchange last year but Canada Post fucked up and delivered it two weeks late, by which time it was all hard and stale!

It got here just fine this time, though and it's super delicious!

Thanks so much :biggrin:

#pipe on
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This is probably the best part of the holiday season for me. Making people happy with food, dirty drawings, and whatnot

Wishlist is in my signature but here's some other things to know about me

- I'm a female small for shirts but aside from what's in my Amazon wishlist, I'm not big on receiving clothes
    - I like fantasy books and have read stuff by Tamora Pierce, Jim Butcher, Terry Brooks, George R.R. Martin, and Jasper Fforde. I'm a big fan of mixing humor, fantasy, and/or history together
    - Food is cool. I'm very plain and only like basic desserts like chocolate chip cookies or brownies so if you decide to make food and go beyond my comfort zone, it might go to my husband (who will happily eat almost anything). Please note that I can't handle anything spicy. What people think is mild is actually pretty damn spicy to me and my body can't handle it
    - I love comedies like Community, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Bob's Burgers, etc.

Edit: I also play World of Warcraft and am big on collecting mounts/pets

Rayze on
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular

Wish list in sig, but feel free to stray from the list as home made and/or creative stuff is always the best!

I had so much fun sending and receiving items unique to a local area in Satanings past.

Aphostile wrote: »
    I'll work on getting the hot PA men together and create a calendar before and after November for both of you then.

Wishes DO come true. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
    @Neville so um before I send out my email, I'm pretty sure I'm moving in a week or so ... but I don't have the address just yet (apartment). Should I just go with the one I have now (as mail SHOULD be forwarded) and update my Satan thru proxy ASAP? Or just hold off closer to the last date?

Mention this in your signup email and as soon as you get the new one email it.

nevillexmassig1.png
    Already had one wrong email, so everyone PLEASE check the original post.

I know there's some new stuff and it's a lot to go over, but it saves @Usagi and I so much time so please check the examples first!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Partaking in last year's celebrations was excellent, and my Satan got me everything I could possibly hope for and really helped me enjoy my holiday season.

The problem with that is that last year I got everything I could possibly hope for and I find myself wanting for little this year; my list of Satans wants and pleasures is positively anaemic at the moment. I'll have a look through other people's wishlists to see if anything grabs me, but I may just end up doing the traditional Steam Sale punitive weaponised giftgiving hostilities and maybe having a dabble in Saints instead this year.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Fishman Two Jefferson Wheels?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Well, I think this is the year to finally get involved in this. I'll write up a proper wish list post in the morning, but I'm looking forward to stalking people until I find their deepest and darkest desires.

I'm torn on whether or not to go international.

How much is postage for an international letter I need to know how easy it will be to torment bring holiday cheer to my Satanee

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I think I'll give it a miss this year.

With the wedding and everything it will probably make it difficult to spend time on it.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh shit I need to make a list for this now

Everyone else please make good lists for me to steal from

2x39jD4.jpg
    Blake T wrote: »

With the wedding and everything it will probably make it difficult to spend time on it.

It won't be so easy to escape damnation :twisted:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    This is a perfect thread to mention

Just in time for halloween, I received a package from @ Psykoma! Inside there was a lovely note and a big chocolate, peanut butter rice crispie treat loaf thing which she tried to send me for the cookie exchange last year but Canada Post fucked up and delivered it two weeks late, by which time it was all hard and stale!

It got here just fine this time, though and it's super delicious!

Thanks so much :biggrin:

Glad it arrived on time and that you liked it! ^_^

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »

It won't be so easy to escape damnation :twisted:

I get it.

edited November 2014
    Oh you're gonna get it!

Edit: Apologies for acting like a Mailbox Head. 2021 is on the brain.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Now it's time to start looking at all the other wishlists and steal some ideas...

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Signed up! I've got a handy amazon link for the finding of things or getting a general feel for shit I like.
    Other tidbits:
    My brother (kaplar) and sister in law (n1tst4lker) frequent yon forums and may be a good place to bounce ideas off of. My wife's e-mail address is in the signup email so you can contact her if you need to (she has been pre-warned).

I generally like pretty much whatever? Books, games, board games, tabletop rpg stuff, the list goes on.

Shirt size is XLT since my torso is long. If that's not an option, xl or xxl works. Trying to steer away from all black shirts and stuff so colorful things work best. Thanks!

Also, I have two dogs who are big and dumb and fun and I've also got two sons. One is 7 and one just turned 2. If you want to shower them with gifts that is also totally acceptable.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/theroadvirus/wishlist is my steam wishlist if you are so inclined

Thanks for running this! I've been wanting to sign up for so many years but I always miss the window. Hooray for this being a different thing this time!

Erin The Red on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hail Satan
    Okay here goes: I'm basically a big dork.

Think of the usual nerd stuff and that pretty much covers the ways I'm likely to waste my time on any given day. I've gone on a big tabletop/boardgame/non-tcg card game type kick lately, mostly reading about them and forcing myself not to buy them but I do own Betrayal, Settlers+Expansion, Citadels, and Pandemic. I'm also a sucker for TCG/CCG stuff, mtg being my cardboard of choice. Of course also the video games, I have a PC (lots of stuff) 3DS (mostly pokemons and smash3ds) and Wii-U (w101, 3dworld, pikmin3, mk8 and I just bought myself smashu and one pro controller) and generally for video games I go with RPGs because gotta increase bars and get upgrades and shit

Less terribly nerdy thing: I really like reading and watching movies, and I don't see as many cool/new tv shows as I'd like because I don't have cable or netflix and I'm too lazy to find them online. Almost always sci-fi/fantasy or comedy stuff because I'm a baby who get scared/sad easily. For clothes I'm probably no fun to buy for, xxl shirts but I don't usually like to wear anything that isn't just a plain shirt so that's kinda boring. I also enjoy making things/putting things together. I like most every kind of music if it's good. No food allergies.

One thing I don't do well that also might make gift hunting more fun is that I don't try new things often at all so if you have something in mind that completely unlike anything I've mentioned or that you think will at least be new to me that I will like I would love to try that.

Lists:
    Amazon http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2B7U5GGXU84J1
    Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/kwoaru/wishlist

If I ever update this post or these lists I'll try and note it in my sig

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    ok, I have a wishlist in my sig, but I'd like to add that anything cooking related would be awesome. All of my cooking gear except my spice grinder is either second hand, a million years old, or both.

oh and my Steam handle is Xaquin2

Xaquin on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Also reminder to set your wishlist URLs using smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate to the charity of your choice (Child's Play is an option).

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    There is no conceivable excuse not to use smile.amazon

8406wWN.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    There is no conceivable excuse not to use smile.amazon

Smile doesn't work with some international amazon sites, for example smile.amazon.ca won't work, and I think trying to order something from amazon.com to deliver to Canada won't let you?

I thought that was true once upon a time, but apparently is no longer?

Psykoma on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Amazon.ca is the worst and I hate it.

They have a tiny fraction of .com's range, and everything is a bunch more expensive

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Now it's time to start looking at all the other wishlists and steal some ideas...

That is a very fun thing to do to pass time for sure.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Hello mine satan!
    I may add to this post as I think of things to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 31 year old dude living in the Northeast, typical nerdy stuff is fine by me. 6'00'' and fat (typically go 2XL in sizes), no sense beating around the bush there. I'll try just about any kind of music, love movies, and I've been trying to get back into reading lately. I'm nearing the end of the Gentlemen Bastard series, enjoy Sanderson type stuff, but I've got a few hard sci-fi books from last year I've still got to get through as well (Revelation Space) for example. No food allergies that I'm aware of. I like comics but not the idea of paying out the butt for them so I just have a few trades here and there on comixology when sales come up. Last things I got were that Gwen Stacy Spider Woman one shot and the second Saga trade I think.

I've got a PC, Wii U (NSMBU, SMB3D, W101, Smash U preordered, Hyrule Warriors) and a 3DS (FE:A, Smash, Zelda, Kid Icarus) for gaming these days. If I had to pick a favorite series or character, it'd have to be Mega Man.

I know my Amazon wishlist has tons of expensive stuff in it, but don't feel like you have to hold to any of that. Also if you do get something from it but not from Amazon, please make sure you mark it as purchased as I share that list with friends and family members as well. Honestly I'm sure whatever you get me I'll like. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith or Yukira, they know my likes a bit. Thank you very much in advance!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm back this year!!

Amazon Wishlist here. You absolutely don't have to get stuff from there, the 96 pages are just to ensure you that yes, I love everything. If you wanna get something of everything, that's the best helper for you. If you wanna get shirts, I'm a Medium. If you wanna get books, I don't have an e-reader so physical books rock. If you wanna get games, I have a 360, PS3, DS, PSP (albeit with broken X button), and Steam. If you wanna get food, I don't have allergies, but ask that no beer (unless it's root beer). If you wanna ask somebody, ask Neville, he probably knows best.

Whatever you get, I promise to love, and thanks!

Sweeney Tom on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hail Great Satan:
    I have a handy-dandy Amazon wishlist which I will link here and is in my forum signature. I tried to have a comprehensive list of items across a broad price range. Of course, I would appreciate anything on the list, or anything off the list that you think I would enjoy.

I think that my Amazon wishlist does a pretty good job of summing up my interests. I enjoy video games (I have a Wii U, a 3DS, and an upper-mid range gaming PC) and traditional board games. I am always looking for new games to play, so if you have a favorite game and want me to try it too, I'm totally down.

I also enjoy craft beer and live within driving distance of Three Floyd's and Greenbush brewing, and would totally be down with merch or gift cards from either of them. I'm also a big fan of Great Lakes and Bell's breweries.

For clothing, I can be hard to fit. I'm a big dude and depending on the brand I can wear either 2XL, 2XLT (my preferred size), and 3XL. I am definitely down for getting cool clothing if you have something in mind. I love love love cool shoes with prints on them, I am a men's size 13.

jgeis on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I have had fun with this but am not sure I want to participate again as I think I should divert funds to getting better family gifts this year. I am at least still doing the G&T SS, so I still have that at least.

But I am not decided yet, so I have some consideration to considerate.

Hail Stan:
    This is my first time doing this, but here goes. I unfortunately haven't spent enough time on amazon to make a wishlist, sorry.

Geographically me
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. Which is annoying for shipping as well as quarantine stuff. Sorry. If you are thinking of sending food (which I would love), you might have to make sure with customs. But since it's a worldly city, it probably won't take too long to send things.

Physically me
    I'm a 22 year old dude. I'm around 6 foot 2 and around 220 pounds. So any clothing is normally about a xl. Waist size is about 36/38. I do generally go for slimmer, tighter fitting clothes. Lots of shirts (I think Americans call them button ups?). Also, it's gonna be hella warm in Australia around that time of the year, so that sort of thing is appreciated. I'm also a big fan of shoes, and am going to need to get a bunch of them soon. I'm a men's size 13. Since this has sort of turned into the clothes section, I'm generally a fan of lighter, brighter colours. I don't really own many 'nerd t-shirts', and I've never really liked them a whole lot. If it's a cool t-shirt design, with cool colours and drawings, then I'd probably dig it, but I wouldn't really go for just a bunch of references. I'm also sort of looking for a cool jacket that isn't leather, but I dunno. At this stage, I'm kind of just jumping all over this post, trying to think up ideas.

Gaming
    I'm quite into video games, to put it mildly. I've just got a pc, but on the plus side, you can see exactly what I've got in my steam profile. Generally, I'm a big fan of shooting games, games that put a lot of emphasis on movement, cool singleplayer games. Not the biggest fan of turn-based games, or strategy games, but I might be willing to give them a go.

Hobbies
    I used to be really, really into the hobby bits of warhammer, but it just became more and more difficult to go to the store to hang out, so I kind of fell out of that. I still quite like those sorts of physical things with a bit of creativity thrown in. I haven't had much of a creative outlet these past few years, so, if you have any good ideas, I would most certainly be open to them. I also really, really love artworks. If you would like to make something, I would really, really appreciate it. Other people's creations are amazing.

Board games happen mostly at friends' places. And they've already got huge piles of them, so this is somewhat less important.

I'm also a big fan of odd gadgets and stuff.

Comics
    I'm currently getting into comics in a big way. I only really buy trades, but they are taking over a bigger and bigger section of my shelf. Comics series I've got currently (assume that I've got the most recent ones): Chew, Top 10, Rat Queens, East of West (probably one of my favourites), Sex Criminals, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel (not quite yet, but I'm ordering it in the next few days), Lazarus, Saga, plus I've also got the Rice Boy book. I really love just about all of these. I'm generally quite into Image and Marvel book, but, if you've got something that you love, and would like to share it, I would most certainly be willing. I'm also a huge fan of webcomics.

Other books
    Used to read a lot of Terry Pratchett, and I made my way through quite a number of scifi and fantasy books in the past (I think I nearly made it all the way through Feist's series, and the Dune books (including the prequels)), although less so these days. I don't think I've read as many recent ones. Maybe not quite so huge on these these days, but I can appreciate a really, really good book nonetheless.

Music
    I'm hugely into Phoenix, the Protomen, Daft Punk, Fever Ray, Kavinsky, the Knife, Of Montreal, Zhu, Safia, and Peking Duk. If you know the radio station Triple J. That's generally the sort of music I like. Maybe leaning more towards indie pop. Interesting melodies and such.

Food
    I'm am super into cooking, and trying things from other places. I've been in a 2 year relationship with Ottolenghi (got 3 of his books), and have recently moved into trying my hand at Mexican food. Recently got a cookbook called La Cocina Mexicana, but Marilyn Tausend, which is quite intense, and I would love to have something a little more entry level. But, I'm also willing to try a whole bunch of new things. Like with everything else, if you are passionate about it, that's probably good enough to make me passionate about it as well.

If you want to send me food things, be aware of customs, and what is probably a super long travel time, but at the same time, oh hell yes I would absolutely love that.

Also, how do you put tiny text in your signature?

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    awwww yiss

mutha

fuckin

SATANS

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Wait, so are we meant to chuck our wishlist posts in this thread or the next one mentioned in the OP?

In this thread if you don't have an amazon one.

Also, I already have one wishlist that was said to be not updated.
    Please update them before signing up.

And have more than 2-3 items; give people some real ideas of what you like.

I'm sorry! I'll have it done by the time sign ups close, I just can't risk forgetting Satan's!