As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth - Go play in the basement, little one.

1303132333436»

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I just got Ludovico Technique on Azazel for the first time

good GOD

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Huzzah, I finally unlocked the D6.

I had a .. weirdly tanky build with Blue Baby. I never had a good way to farm soul hearts, so I never had a ton of health, but I picked up Scapular on the first floor so I could always bank on at least having 1.5 soul hearts. Added to that I got E.Coli and The Wafer.

I got saved on Womb 1 when I had the curse that hid my hearts, I entered the Womb on one and took a hit on the first room. And again in the second room. I was confused as to why I wasn't dead, then I belatedly realized that the Wafer made me only take half a heart, then Scapular gave me a heart back.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Auuuuuugh, Rebirth keeps crashing whenever I try to F12-screenshot, and just printscreening is capturing a blank screen. Wanted to show you guys my crazy follower train after like a 10x undefined run-through of the chest (with garunteed joker cards and perthro runes every time). Also got Ludo and Brimstone for the first time--Brimstone on Caves II, Ludo on the third Chest. That's fun.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    getting through the challenges

Glass Cannon run was so fucking awesome

got nine lives from a curse room(that I blasted into), and once I got some spirit and black hearts to protect myself, was just a regular cannon

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Had an interesting Isaac run just now - was going for Boss Rush, but was just a bit too slow. But then I found an item on Sheol that just suddenly made my build stupidly good. I already had Proptosis and Monstro's Lung, Chocolate Milk rounded it off nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZh8oTCoxFY

I opened OBS to record the final boss, since just from testing the build in an empty room after picking up the chocolate milk it seemed hilarious. It's a bit of serendipity that I forgot I had the "Trying to beat The Lamb" message stored on OBS from the last time I streamed some weeks back.

Edit: Oh, and I got Pandora's Box since I had Lazarus's Rags, so it turned it into technically a not-Isaac run.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    So I realized that the way they tuned up My Reflection so it bends earlier and can reflect back again (ie it goes forward and back and then forward again and then sometimes back again) means that it + a high range stat is like, a way better version of Tiny Planet. You can still aim your tears, but the ones that miss form this vaguely circular mass of bullets that surround you and screw with anything that tries to melee you.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    have to bump this, cause I finally got a win as the Lost after so many, many, many tries

the game was nice to me trying to help out, first floor was XL, got spectral tears/holy mantle

first devil deal was Krampus, got coal, then the next 2 floors were angel deals, trinity shield and guardian angel, so the game was trying to protect me

used the bible on Mom, because I wanted to be sure I kept going, got Death's touch on the first womb, along with becoming Guppy

made it all the way to the chest without any trouble

now if the game could do that again for boss rush and the dark room

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    afterbirth is out soon right

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So, two really cool things that will be happening with Rebirth.

First, we're getting daily Challenges (like Spelunky!) And that's awesome!

Two, The Lost is going to start with Spectral Tears and the D4.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited May 2015
    fucking holy shit

going through Lost runs, trying to get that good one again, got another one

not as good as the other one, bunch of damage and tear upgrades, nine lives(needed like 6 of them for the Lamb)

did boss rush, got the D100, now I need to find the soul, body, and mind, 6100, Godhead, and get Super Meat Boy and I've 100% Rebirth

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    just got golden god with frankly the most overpowered run ive ever had

got to the chest with rapid fire polyphemus flaming tears

• Options
    remember when personface used to draw peoples isaac characters

good times

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Beasteh wrote: »
    afterbirth is out soon right
    Some time this summer.

Ed is doing updates every week on the main site.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I got bandage girl and meat boy by holding r until I got a book of revelations in the first item room over like 3 days. Some of the challenges in this game aren't well designed.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Those two trophies are not very easy to get organically

• Options
    I naturally built a bandage girl on an otherwise ordinary Judas run because I'm incredibly skilled at videogames.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Worked out the SMB/Bandage Girl though a Sharp Plug/Monster Manuel + some other crap i don't recall run. The pieces came together without me having to force the issue overmuch, once i'd set my mind to it. Just with Book of Rev, i've never had a natural lv.4 BG/SMB, seems like everytime i'd get a Double Trouble or Conquest somewhere along the line, there.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    fucking holy shit

going through Lost runs, trying to get that good one again, got another one

not as good as the other one, bunch of damage and tear upgrades, nine lives(needed like 6 of them for the Lamb)

did boss rush, got the D100, now I need to find the soul, body, and mind, 6100, Godhead, and get Super Meat Boy and I've 111% Rebirth

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I was lucky and got a game breaking run that got me both meat boy and bandage girl. Started with pyromaniac, d6 and 99 bombs, bought a habit quickly and was then able to reroll a sharp plug, then it just took a really long time rerolling using all 99 bombs and then making use of a room with stationary bomb spitters until I got a dr fetus and then it was simple to get monster manual on the next floor.

I think the full run took like two hours or more

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Finally got Black Lotus, now I have all the items, just need to get Super Meat Boy done

woo