As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Freedom Wars] - 1 million to life on Vita

124»

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ugh. Honestly, Peltatum wasn't so bad compared to 8-1. Peltatum amounted to leaning the boss's trick and then ramming a sword into it. 8-1 is just... wow. 2 waves of 3 abductors, all strong, all loaded to the teeth with weapons, all in a single room with no cover whatsoever.

I'm just going to go online and let someone cheese the fuck out of it, because being juggled constantly is no fun. And I don't have any traps or dung bombs. It's like fighting three rathians who want to do nothing but triple fireball all day at you.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    With 8-1, it's really best to have at least another person. It's one encounter you'll really want at least two camps so that one distracts two while the other performs surgery on the last one.

I prefer to attack the one(s) with shields first, strip them of their shield generators so that the accessories can always be doing damage. After that, I go to town stripping the others of their weapons starting with rocket and grenade launchers then moving to artillery pieces. Then I'll cut off one auto-cannon and/or laser cannon but leave the other one intact. Taking off all their offensive options just means they stomp all over the place which can make things messy, so leave them with a crappy weapon and they'll happily take pot shots that are easily dodged and leave them open to attacks for a long time is a nicer option.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular

Well, hard to argue with that I suppose.

sig.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    "Charge your Vita" takes on a different meaning when HH says it

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Anyone playing this on a vita TV? I've been struggling to play this effectively on the handheld and figuring I might have a better time using a ps3/ps4 controller.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    DLC is up for Freedom Wars for the week. Most of it is stuff you have to buy though. Which is alright I guess, but there's no images showing what stuff looks like/sounds like, and I really don't wanna put money down for mystery items...

sig.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Somebody's bound to post images of what it all looks like. I'll try to keep an eye out and repost it here.

• Options
    Costume Packs A and B: http://imgur.com/a/Q29rW
    Costume Pack C: http://imgur.com/a/4b4kX

Some of these are a little risqué!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you Renzo!

Haha, the "fine furs" has a very mafia/pimp vibe.

EDIT- "Cats Love Stripes" ? *looks up image* HOW DO I GET THIS??? (I wanna put it on my accessory ^^ .)

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm missing something. Is there no map? I'm supposed to rescue people but I have no idea where they are. I just wind up shooting things until the NPCs finish the missions.

Is there no way to run besides X? I do not understand how I'm supposed to move and work the camera at the same time.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Lovely wrote: »
    Thank you Renzo!

EDIT- "Cats Love Stripes" ? *looks up image* HOW DO I GET THIS??? (I wanna put it on my accessory ^^ .)

Code 8.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something. Is there no map? I'm supposed to rescue people but I have no idea where they are. I just wind up shooting things until the NPCs finish the missions.

Is there no way to run besides X? I do not understand how I'm supposed to move and work the camera at the same time.

There is a map.

Depending on your control scheme, run can be set to X or R.

• Options
    Press start to bring up the map.

And the default control scheme does indeed make running and looking around a pain. Change it when you get the chance. (I use the sprinter control scheme myself.)
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Lovely wrote: »
    Thank you Renzo!

Code 8.

I HAVE A NEW GOAL. *_*

sig.gif
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I use the Technical control scheme, which is working out great for me.

Yeah, running and using the camera is a bit of a pain but being able to aim and spray without using the sights is a god send, and being able to snap the thorns with melee weapons out while being able to do everything else is worth it. I'd confidently say that my combat effectiveness went up dramatically using that control scheme compared to the Sprinter which I initially though would be great because I like to run all over the place. But, your mileage will vary of course. Try them all out!

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Yeah, Technical is my control scheme as well. Looking around while running isn't as important as I thought, and the freedom of shooting without sighting first trumps just about everything else.

• Options
    Man, the writing in this game (both characters and story in general) gets kinda lazy at it goes on. I'm at Code 7 and it just feels..... meh story and character wise.
    Natalia helps us out and trusts us now for..... I dunno, reasons? Beatrice gets kidnapped, which isn't a surprise considering the type of character she is, but is still kinda eyeroll inducing, and the other characters are just kinda... around.

Kinda a shame since I DO still think the gameplay is fun and the world itself is nifty.

It's also kinda a shame after God Eater.
    I mean, yeah, God Eater didn't have the most unique story, but the characters and their motivations made up for it. (for me anyways.)

THAT SAID- Character customization, and the fact that you can mess with it anytime you damn well feel like it, is still good times. I made Len and Rin 8D .

2014_11_29_193238.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Thanks to the Bestbuy.com sale, I'll be joining the fight for some Panopticon soon(tm).

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Just got my Code 7 cert. Looking for others to team up on ops. Mostly evening west coast.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Sprinter is pretty good. I can run and gun extremely easily because holding R and pressing L has the same result as holding L first.
    But thorn, "use item" and "perform action" end up on the same damn button. I know that you have to hold R for the item, but Sprinter doesn't have much to offer if I'm not holding R.

Thorn User 2 has a dedicated button for "perform action" and a dedicated button for "use item", and neither of those buttons need be touched for any other reason. It's also slightly easier to Spider-Man, but only slightly.

I want to have a Sprinter 2. Two buttons for changing weapon only makes a difference applied to three or more weapons.

• Options
    w8dFJIt.jpg

• Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    Guess I am at the point where the story is a little choppy. Been running random co-ops at code 8 to grind out entitlements.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    Am I missing something about advanced versions of weapons, or can impact-versions do elements just as well as the elemental versions? What is the advantage of non-impact?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, story goes from cool, to mediocre, and then at code 7 to the end, it goes to "dear gods this is so dumb."

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So after jumping back into this and enjoying the hell out of it, going "Hey, Freedom Wars is awesome, I love this shit" I have attempted the CODE 6 Exam.

Nevermind.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Yaaaay, I passed it!
    Ramosas are the fucking worst.

Also, dick move, game. "You failed! Haha, just kidding, you passed!"

Literally almost threw my Vita against a wall.

• Options
    Oh wow. WOW. Seriously? Lose the last Op and you have to repeat it AND THE TWO BEFORE IT?!

Nah, that's stupid. That's bullshit.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Oh wow. WOW. Seriously? Lose the last Op and you have to repeat it AND THE TWO BEFORE IT?!

Nah, that's stupid. That's bullshit.

Go online for the first two, get certs of completion, and you can skip them. Or do the whole damn set online. The higher level stuff doesn't scale down well for the part where your AI partners aren't nearly as good as humans.

Polaritie on