As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM Sale: CHRISTMAS SALE HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    I had to move out and leave my job.
    and now steam sales?
    but I've always tried to give out at least a few
    means I gotta be thrifty.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fyndir what is with the rogue non-sale gifting. Are you crazy? Also thank you <3

I did not fire the first shots of this war, but as God is my witness I will fire the last.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Every time I see Farming Sim, my resolve gets weaker and weaker.

One day, I will be plowing my fields, listening to some Hank Williams on repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsjTp77LBHA

monsterror on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

...Does it?

You have to install and use uplay anyway

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Godammit that is why the preorder disappeared. I thought it was GAME being pushy again but...ehhhh.

That said, I haven't had any problems with Uplay like a lot of other people have had....but this is going to ruin my nice Assassin's Creed shelf on steam :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Uplay is actually largely invisible for me! There's a splash screen where it says it's logging me in whenever I launch a Ubisoft thing, but it closes itself down after I exit the game.

• Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular

...Does it?

You have to install and use uplay anyway

yea I'm kind of ok not caring. ubisoft is going to miss out on the sales and maybe they'll learn a lesson
    they probably won't.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Like about halfway through They just said fuck it and turned it from a fairly good CoD game to a super rad GI Joe game and I am loving it

...dammit Blank, now I'm gonna have to buy this game.

• Options
    COD:AW is really the most fun I'm having with this series since COD4

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    No, more praise is my wallets' weakness! Are you guys trying to make me spend all my monies?

• Options

Yeah its great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Well, it's also fairly short (I think I'm 2/3rds done after picking it up from a Redbox last night) and I'm not interested in the multiplayer so $60 is a bad value proposition for me!

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of uplay right now because when I built my new computer I backed up the games I had on it, but that doesn't matter. I have to re-download them. Which is a whole lot. You can apparently get it to recognize the old files but it isn't near as easy as with steam and involves some registry fuckery. Which I do not want to do

Also just wish my things were on steam

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

You can probably still get a gift copy

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    WAIT

DID YOU GET IT ON PS4

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Aw dammit

I just saw your second post

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    We will be assassinating fools soon enough!

• Options
    And I tried real hard to look for the PS4 version at Redbox so I could do a little Exo Survival, but no luck.

• Options
    The GI Joe turning point in AW about halfway through is so Goddamn good
    You join a multinational unit trying to stop a psychotic billionaire who is going to destroy every military base in the world.

You get to sneak into his house with, like, Spider-Man grapple gauntlets in a really good stealth level

You have a massive battle in Antarctica after bringing down a plane while wearing a jet pack and using a laser cutter to chop off the wings

You have to infiltrate a chemical weapons plant, disguised under a holographic canopy, wearing Predator cloak armor and breaking out in a hover tank

And then the last two missions have you in what is basically an Iron Man suit

That campaign is fucking dope

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i'm glad i can upload from ps4 to youtube now instead of facebook, so i can share shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQ5awTAVgE

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    CODAW multi is so good

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Unless the story takes a nosedive, I think I'll buy it again when it goes cheap on PC so I can play the pretty version.

• Options
    But the PS4 version is already 1080p 60 and looks damn good and the pc port has all sorts of crazy performance issues?

Also Call of Duty games do not have good sales

• Options
    I mean

Tofu said he doesn't care about the multi so 60 bucks is a lot for a campaign

I kinda regret buying it if only because only like 2 other people here have it on PS4 aND I'd probably only wanna play Exo Survival

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeeeah. Activision doesn't understand how Steam sales work. Or pricing in general, really. BLOPS 2 is still full price, for example.

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    But the PS4 version is already 1080p 60 and looks damn good and the pc port has all sorts of crazy performance issues?

Does it?

Once I got everything set correctly its been fine

• Options
    My monitor is higher than 1080p B)

• Options
    CODAW multi is so good

I just never liked it. Battlefield was more my jam, since I had a consistent group to squad up with.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't seen any performance issues with it on PC

Just weird settings.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Does it?

The thread had seemed to be nothing but people complaining about how awful it was to get running properly.

Not sure what it would even take to get that game running smoothly in 1440p

ALSO BLANK PLAY WITH ME DANGIT

I made that dumb $60 purchase and would like it to be really worth it so everybody needs to buy it on ps4

Though honestly Call of Duty is so lone-wolf heavy that playing with randoms is totally fine.

teamwork is not really a thing that happens so much in those games

Artreus on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

This is worldwide now: Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 aren't listed in the Steam storefront at all.

• Options

Does it?

The thread had seemed to be nothing but people complaining about how awful it was to get running properly.

Not sure what it would even take to get that game running smoothly in 1440p

ALSO BLANK PLAY WITH ME DANGIT

I made that dumb $60 purchase and would like it to be really worth it so everybody needs to buy it on ps4

Though honestly Call of Duty is so lone-wolf heavy that playing with randoms is totally fine.

teamwork is not really a thing that happens so much in those games

I wouldn't describe troublesome settings as "performance issues"

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I'm still tweaking Advanced Warfare's graphics on my PC in order to hit that sweet spot of speed vs. fidelity.

It doesn't help that it takes bloody forever to reload the game once I change them.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Unless the story takes a nosedive, I think I'll buy it again when it goes cheap on PC

Hah.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, "cheap on PC"...

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    so in like 8 years then
    wait no maybe 4 years
    none of the old calls of duty are cheaper than 20 bux on steam, the most recent one at that price is MW2 from 2010.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I mean. I don't know what else to call half hour+ load times and not being able to hold a steady frame rate in the campaign.

And no it's definitely not everybody. But it seems to be very dependant on your hardware. You can lose the lottery and just have bad performance.

But I mean. I really don't want to get this heated over call of duty. I was kind of done with the series for a long time. I'm glad it has a really good campaign this time around. But it is still a call of duty campaign so that alone is not worth 60. Being short and all that.

Also really glad the multi is so fun with the new movement stuff

• Options
    "Cheap" is 25-30 bucks, which it will absolutely hit in a sale in a year or change.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I wish blizzard would ever do sales
    I refuse to pay 40 bucks for the starcraft 2 and diablo 3 expansions

e: wait HOTS is $20. Was it always $20? I could have sworn it was $40 at release...

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.