Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] [5E] Lost Mines of Phandelver

1678911

Posts

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Web vs goblin.

    Edit: Not woohoo!

    Web vs goblin:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]

    Denada on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Polk strikes out with his rapier, and runs after the cowards.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5;1d8+3 AoO

    AoO:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    1d8+3 11 [1d8=8]

    Carnarvon on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    We cannot hit anything to save our lives. Which I think we'd need to, if we want to continue living.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    The one that pulled the lever should be dead from my shot. Leaving the guy who fled plus anyone in there with him.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I'll get a post out tomorrow to try and hit things. Been busy with Christmas and birthdays.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Geth
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    NP. I'll post a recap tomorrow. I know everyone is busy. its okay to slow down. we'll speed things up later.

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    No worries! It's been a crazy week here too. Life happens!

  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    UPDATE:

    I know everyone has holiday stuff, so no worries. If it picks up later it'll pick up. I'm still interested in running this.

    STATUS:
    The goblin what pulled the lever is indeed dead. It slumped over the fallen stones and it's body washes down the creek.

    Once @Aegis goes, the rest of the water will flow down the lake. I'm not sure what you all will do then. Here's the map so far. I will try to post once a day at night to give an update.

    map5_zpscd5c32b0.png

    Once @aegis posts I will update.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Glancing up at the water-covered bridge and thinking better of attempting an ascent without at least a few more legs (to which the elf makes a mental note to inquire whether such a skill might be duplicated in the future), he instead ducks under the overhanging path to advance around where the water had come from, moving quickly enough (he hopes) to avoid another deluge.

    Moving along the path to meet back up with the party and come up just north of them, depending on how many squares I can move (I forget if this stone walkway on the side is still difficult terrain or not).

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    @Aegis, dunno if you caught it and just thought better of climbing, but I let a rope down for you on my last action.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    I did miss that :( . Though, with the way the group's currently assembled, unless there's an inordinate amount of water coming down the passageway, it might work out better to just go around north if only to avoid creating a conga line.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I think you're about to get slammed by another wave, if you're still on the path at the end of the turn.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    As he's passing under the bridge, Myriil spies the still onrushing water as well as the rope, opting that perhaps being waterlogged again isn't necessarily going to improve his mood regarding these goblins and instead opts to shimmy up onto the bridge behind the rest of the party.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Everyone is missed by the second massive flow of water. Those in the antichamber hear a booming voice echo in the distance.

    "KLARG WILL DESTROY YOU! PUNY WEAKLINGS! DARE YOU ENTER KING KLARG'S DOMAIN?!"

    This inititave is over. You may all decide what you do freely now. The last goblin is now hiding.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Dray helps Myriil to his feet, then stoops to recover her rope. "We'd best get back with the others," she says. "I didn't catch what all that yelling was, but it can't be good." She checks that her crossbow is loaded, grins, and, moves off up the bridge and into the cavern where the rest of the party is.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Sigrid makes some spider noises (?) and remains on the ceiling, watching over the rest of the party.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "I'm thinking we regroup, and kill whoever this Klarg fellow is. Doesn't seem like a pleasant fellow." Okane points towards where the Goblin fled. "We just need to figure out how not to walk into an obvious ambush."

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    "Thanks," Myriil mentions as Dray assists with removing him from the river, the elf tidying up his attire in the process. "Unlikely to be good is a fair guess, I agree. Though with the boisterous yelling echoing through here, we might be able to exploit his inflated opinion of himself."

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    "Anyone injured" Lash asks while checking himself over. Minor wounds that can wait until this Klarg is dealt with....

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Polk raises a bloody hand. "Faith pushes me through the pain, but does nothing to keep my sword from slipping through my hand" he says, smiling wryly.

    Carnarvon on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "Don't worry, if you go down, I'll get you back on your feet, since our druid friend has a few too many legs to cast spells at the moment." Taking a few ginger steps, Okane slinks down and begins moving with quiet deftness.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Okane's Stealth

    Okane's Stealth:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    If we are in fact going after the goblin that fled, once everyone is more or less together, I, and anyone else stealthy, can creep towards the opening up ahead and peek in to see what lies beyond.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    "It seems you have been bested by cowards, Gurtunken," the voice says. "King Klarg knows you are out there, little ones."

    "has that traitorous wretch Pelvgen convinced you fools to take out the great klarg? you will fail! your marrow will feed my pets."

    Geth
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Just to make it clear Sigrid will not be speaking while in spider-form because spiders don't have vocal chords (...wait, they don't, right?) but what you can assume is that 1) she suspects an ambush, and 2) she is in favor of creeping along in the darkness to see who we should kill next.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hearing the blowhard go on and on, Okane mutters some spellwords Minor Illusion and creates a silent illusory copy of a himself in the doorway.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Lash sees what Okane is going for and quickly shuffles to the eastern wall to hide in the shadows there. Once positioned, he knocks an arrow, prepared to shoot anything that may come charging thru the doorway.


    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    "The water winded me a bit more than I had been expecting," Myriil offers, "But I can manage for now with the aid of the Weave."

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Dray likewise takes up a position where she can see down the hallway. Prone, where the two ponds meet.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    geth roll 1d20+4

    an arrow shoots through the mouth of the cave at the image and sails harmlessly by.

    you don't see anything at the entrance to the cave. as you peer inside you can see a bright fire at the center of the cave.

    what do you do now?

    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]

    belligerent on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Sigrid will crawl along the ceiling toward whoever just shot that arrow, hoping the shadows cast by the fire obscure her movement.

    Moving into the cave (with Stealth) to see where that pesky goblin is.

    Geth, roll 1d20+7 for Stealth Check.
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Perception Check.

    Stealth Check:
    1d20+7 17 [1d20=10]
    Perception Check:
    1d20+4 24 [1d20=20]

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Polk drops low and hides himself, hoping to ambush any goblins that come out.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 Stealth

    Stealth:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Myriil advances to the edge of the cave entrance, being sure not to poke out where he might have seen that arrow fly past, readying his weapon and free hand.

    I don't know if there's any sort of readied action, but he'd otherwise keep a Blade Ward at the ready in case he knows he's about to be attacked.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    for readied action, you simply state what the trigger will be. once that happens, your action occurs after the trigger. so you can say if I sre someone rush out I cast blade ward. this then would happen before you are attacked.

    for those who are peeking in the cave, you see three goblins, the armored one you fought earlier, and two more with bows. they are behind the rock outcroppings. beside the fire you see a lumbering bugbear (I'm actually out so I can't remember if it's a bugbear or a hobgoblin, I'll correct later if I need to)

    The bugbear is arguing with the goblins in their black speech, and you can tell that this is the so called King Klarg.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I speak Goblin.

    Okane creeps close to the entrance without revealing himself, hoping to hear the argument.

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Okane's Perception (Listening)

    Okane's Perception (Listening):
    1d20+3 21 [1d20=18]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Dray is too far back to hear the argument, but she keeps her ears peeled for anything sneaking up from the bridge or the steps. She struggles to stay focused on what's around her, but her heart is pounding, and visions of victory are clouding her mind.

    Perception to listen for anybody sneaking up behind us. I'll roll it with disadvantage, since I'm so near the water. If that doesn't impose disadvantage, I'll take whichever roll Geth puts first.

    Geth, roll 2d20l1+1 for Pay ATTENTION, Dray!

    Pay ATTENTION, Dray!:
    2d20l1+1 6 [2d20l1=[5], 15]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Geth lists the rolls in ascending/descending order for disadvantage/advantage. That's not the order he rolled dice in. You'd need to roll a 1d2 to determine randomly which to use.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Oh, thanks! Here's that roll.

    Geth, roll 1d2 for In case it's not disadvantaged

    In case it's not disadvantaged:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    He is simply yelling at the goblins to keep an eye out, and to not rush out there like idiots. When one of them mentions the chimney escape route, he shouts Not yet.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Do we have a tank who can throw on a shield and take the Dodge action before he runs in? This is clearly a stand off at this point, and as the heroes, that can only end with us tripping the ambush on purpose. There will probably be a hail of arrows when we engage, though that's probably better than eating melee hits from King Klarg.

    silence1186 on
    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I don't have a shield, but Dray could totally be talked into a glorious charge against uneven odds.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
Sign In or Register to comment.