As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SE++ Cribs: Where the Magic Happens

13»

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Liiya, marry me

Here's a photo with the kitchen counter. I have now switched the sofa and loveseat and am still not sure what to do with the space

EwZUuWyl.jpeg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well I LIKED my apartment until I saw that Lost Salient has a fireplace and kitchen counter space

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Hmm that is a tricky space!

One day I will have my own place, and it will be great. Who knows where it will be!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Hmm that is a tricky space!

One day I will have my own place, and it will be great. Who knows where it will be!

Maybe it will be in a giant shoe.

They pop up on Rightmove all the time.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Well I LIKED my apartment until I saw that Lost Salient has a fireplace and kitchen counter space

Actually today I am taking the opportunity to play a round of "Does this fake electric fireplace still work?" in between bouts of moving furniture

Come on over, everyone can have a turn!

(I love my kitchen counter space)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    They pop up on Rightmove all the time.

Giant shoes are swanky.

Hot damn you can buy a house for less than 100k where I live.

Not that I will. But damn.

100k what? Pence? Pounds sterling? Euros? Rubles?

Pounds.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I walked through the fancy real-estate agent listing in Truro today. Woo-ee, house prices here are ridonk.

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    oh whoa there is a thread for this!
    I will have to post when I get done but basically my apartment is like the 13th and a half floor from Being John Malkovich and I have been trying to reorganize/make it look rad and stuff

I just set up my hi-fi finally after nearly two years and I was feeling all cool about it til I saw how nice everyone else is all set up

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I walked through the fancy real-estate agent listing in Truro today. Woo-ee, house prices here are ridonk.

Is that because they're all old and badly insulated

Yes, that adds a premium here.

no but seriously 550k for a four bedroom 70s brick bungalow seems OTT to me, given the nearest city is over an hour away.
    I dunno, maybe it comes with a secret unicorn stash or something.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Why would housing in Cornwall be so expensive and housing in Manchester be so...

Oh wait, tourists, I get it

Londoners, mainly.

All the second-home-in-the-country types.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That would be so amazing awkward.

It's the camera feature on the website, which I did not move.

Liiya your plan would be totally awesome, only that "wall" where the TV is is actually not a wall but the wraparound kitchen counter! You can kind of see it in the first photograph - it's um, that bottle of 409 is the corner, and then the counter takes a right turn and continues all the way down before it turns into an actual real wall. We maybe could try the TV there anyway but I feel like people in the kitchen would get whiny at not seeing/people walking around the kitchen drunk would bash into it.

Which is a shame cause otherwise that's like, the most workable plan I've seen or arranged.

Chromdom the TV would fit on the north-south wall (that's not actually how the apartment is oriented obviously but we'll roll with it for ease of communication) between the hallway entrance and the fireplace, but orienting the sofa parallel to it against the wall means it'd be... like at best where the green loveseat is in the photo above, which is pretty far away for actual television watching purposes. OR it'd be close enough to actively watch TV but then there's a huge empty nothingness-space between the back of the sofa and the far wall.

It's like the most giant, awkwardly-arranged space.

Yeah, you're going to use the couch to cut the big awkward space into two semi-separated spaces. Couch + loveseat and coffee table aimed to seat groups comfortably, enjoying the fire and/or tv. Even better if you can put a low bookcase or something behind the couch, to really draw a dividing line between the two areas.
    Then behind that, in a smaller space, a chair or reading area by the window, maybe a little end table for enjoying a drink looking out the window.

Hmm. I actually don't hate that idea at all. My reading nook was my favorite room in my last apartment. But at the moment I don't own a chair or a low bookshelf, so I think for now I'd prefer to have a united area where people in the kitchen can talk to people in the living area.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm designing the best house!

I'm basically going for LEED Gold (or platinum if I can swing it)

Geothermal, proper dimensions, recycled flooring, salvaged materials, proper native landscaping with a strong focus on rain gardens and plantings that feed native species.

It's so much fun

probably won't ever get built, but a man can dream!

1452090_10152009927863279_328270733_n.jpg?oh=3102437e617d171051500a91aa9a4c81&oe=550CD5A8

1467324_10152009999678279_1724682789_n.jpg?oh=1dd7d87d696646c956272845b7ca704b&oe=55170452&__gda__=1427628651_fb0d4cb9409c388554ca5097357de7df

1480592_10152024417818279_1854131368_n.jpg?oh=dcdd6079ee21ad97ec0df2738ef8c4e8&oe=54D34054

1796527_10152176064083279_1401404085_n.jpg?oh=3dda4f3b7cfe42abe3631274d7be4576&oe=550DDC00

(everything in revit with the exception of the floor and some kitchen stuff is placeholder for use during design)

1450832_10152017479428279_1115494033_n.jpg?oh=c14876c2906590bfb5a1ae647624f0a8&oe=5513F52E

1010468_10152110796968279_463231413_n.jpg?oh=8789e5e5c1297ac57f471ebed6bf0cd7&oe=54DA0BD0

one day ....

Xaquin on
    In a few years when we build I'm going as green as possible.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    My apartment in the process of Christmasification.
    mhm9s186v943.jpg

...and the tree.
    3o2r9rwkvu5q.jpg

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I never do tinsel on my tree. I always see it on other peoples' and it looks awesome, but putting it on myself just doesn't work out

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Xaquin wrote: »

Geothermal, proper dimensions, recycled flooring, salvaged materials, proper native landscaping with a strong focus on rain gardens and plantings that feed native species.

Snip

Man I'm jealous. I have worked in architecture for 5 years now and every single project has started with something along the lines of "we want to do a leed type of project, but without the certification"

Followed by anything green getting value engineered away within minutes of construction bidding.

Stay with it and don't give up

Edit: I hate the mobile edit button.

Barcardi on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »

Snip

Man I'm jealous. I have worked in architecture for 5 years now and every single project has started with something along the lines of "we want to do a leed type of project, but without the certification"

Followed by anything green getting value engineered away within minutes of construction bidding.

That should really read as: "We want to be able to convince ourselves we did something good when in reality we're just typical developers trying to squeeze every last cent of profit out of a project."

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »

Snip

I've been in the business 13 years now

I can't think of a single project I've done where the green stuff wasn't tossed the second VEing rears its ugly head.

I really hope my dream house gets built one day.

the cool thing is that I have an architecture firm, a licensed contractor, and a custom steel shop all ready and willing to help me out =)

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    mhm9s186v943.jpg

...and the tree.
    3o2r9rwkvu5q.jpg

That's an apartment???

• TamTam Registered User regular
    my parents have that same ~Tiffany lamp

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    mhm9s186v943.jpg

...and the tree.
    3o2r9rwkvu5q.jpg

That's an apartment???

Yep, 1 bedroom. That picture was taken from the kitchen.

We were sick of cheap college apartments, so we moved into something nice.

We must have looked at 50 different places before we decided on this one. I'm happy with how it turned out, the lady is a good decorator.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

It's so much fun

probably won't ever get built, but a man can dream!

1452090_10152009927863279_328270733_n.jpg?oh=3102437e617d171051500a91aa9a4c81&oe=550CD5A8

1467324_10152009999678279_1724682789_n.jpg?oh=1dd7d87d696646c956272845b7ca704b&oe=55170452&__gda__=1427628651_fb0d4cb9409c388554ca5097357de7df

1480592_10152024417818279_1854131368_n.jpg?oh=dcdd6079ee21ad97ec0df2738ef8c4e8&oe=54D34054

1796527_10152176064083279_1401404085_n.jpg?oh=3dda4f3b7cfe42abe3631274d7be4576&oe=550DDC00

(everything in revit with the exception of the floor and some kitchen stuff is placeholder for use during design)

one day ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UOTLTgDH44

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    We put up our tree tonight, so I took some photos of it and the general areas.

The entry way.

and our dinner table and some of our kitchen. (evidentally I forgot to photograph the kitchen)

7341597D-A406-4C03-86EB-EA334AD97F8A_zpszyrdbyuv.jpg

Here is our couch and stuff and our tree!

(and castle)

704C0F02-117F-4A7E-8277-C2DEE7F6F2B6_zps5df60dnh.jpg
    7DF4D959-DA4A-43E2-82B2-4EC9A1E84038_zps9jnjxljk.jpg
    13688F5D-A3B9-489D-B633-AFD796609E83_zpskl0vqpgz.jpg

And here is our games room where do nerd shit like DnD (the table expands)

38FADAAA-8D8F-4DAB-8354-285EAEA5FCEF_zps7mrwrfqb.jpg334D98BF-F3AE-49E3-B7A1-D6188ED7C9D3_zpssvf9lb3q.jpg

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I love our house.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I love your couch/sectional set up. armrests that double as end tables is smart

gonna steal that idea when I replace my couches for something that wasn't just dirt cheap and so I had something to sit on when I moved in

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i dont have any photos of my own house on my new iphone

however on the subject of cribs, it came to my attention last week that one of the houses on my fiances side of the family was photographed by a professional and sold as decorative art at Bed Bath and Beyond for $200

apparently you can do this without telling who you are taking the picture of

anyway I thought it was funny because their property is comedically huge and for it to be the subject of landscape photography is icing on the cake

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    BT6X7s8.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    gosh blake & viv, you have such a beautiful home

4SMZq.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Thanks mario!

We only just put up all the pictures on the walls. Viv's family is coming over in the next couple of weeks so we've been working hard to get it up to scratch.

-Tal wrote: »
    BT6X7s8.jpg

I think I used to live here