As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    The Muppet Christmas Carol = Christmas tradition

Also, a Crosby-Armstrong-Andrews Sisters-Buble playlist begins to blast sound from the office starting the day after Thanksgiving

EGGNOG

it's awesome

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Girl just came in with life-size paper mache dog

what

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Okay, so a work item is mysteriously missing from my pay calculations. A big one they either missed or invoiced late (not my fault) meaning my pay for that item would roll over to December.

Which means paying my credit card bill from my savings again.

So, fuck that, I am seriously looking for a new job

why don't they give you a company cc?

Why would they give me a company CC

Also they have no money and gave us 1% raises last year

ie spat directly into our mouths

it's not an uncommon thing. it saves paperwork since you just bill expenses on the CC and they handle invoicing or whatever on their end. plus they get to keep the points.

To be clear, I'm talking about incentive pay for work I did, not expenses

Incentive pay is 70% of my paycheque

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

what

is it life-size chihuaua or life-size great dane?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Okay, so a work item is mysteriously missing from my pay calculations. A big one they either missed or invoiced late (not my fault) meaning my pay for that item would roll over to December.

I hate when companies pull that shit. Either to shift payments over a month, or because AP is incompetent, it fucks with you and is generally bullshit.

• Options

what

like, life-size lab

• Options

why don't they give you a company cc?

Why would they give me a company CC

Also they have no money and gave us 1% raises last year

ie spat directly into our mouths

it's not an uncommon thing. it saves paperwork since you just bill expenses on the CC and they handle invoicing or whatever on their end. plus they get to keep the points.

To be clear, I'm talking about incentive pay for work I did, not expenses

Incentive pay is 70% of my paycheque

oh wow that's terrible what kind of basic bitch company

• Options

what

like, life-size lab

life-sized toy Labrador or life-sized Chesapeake Bay Retriever?

• Options

what

like, life-size lab

We're talking standard, mid-size Dog, maybe knee-high in height at his back

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Computers!

So install new power supply and hard drive.

I hate installing the power supply because it means I have to take off that monster that is my heatsink for my processor.

But they are in.

All is running well.

Except computer is running a bit slower.

I open up task manager to see if I am some how running a billion processes.

Reads 4 gigs of ram total.

I am like nope.

Check, reads 8, 4 usable.

Okay.

Memory check. All is good.

Okay...

Make sure to clean off old video card drivers just in case ATI is being spiteful since I now have nvidia.

Nope.

Swap the ram slots.

Fixed.

What?

I hate you computers.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    a

what

like, life-size lab

your knee or my knee?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My motherboard has the slots numbered so you know which ones to fill to prevent that from happening. Otherwise you just have to find the black and white pamphlet written in 300 languages, none of which are intelligible english.

• Options
    In reality I think it was waiting for the blood sacrifice. I cut my finger slightly while working on it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    What the hell

There was a cat in my apartment building, just out on the staircase. It looked very well taken care of but had no collar, guess it sneaked out of somebody's apartment?

It was pretty skittish though, ran away as soon as I got close. Guess I'll just hope the owner figures out where it is? I dunno

• Options
    edited November 2014
    a

what

like, life-size lab

your knee or my knee?

Maybe a little taller than my knee

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @Casual Eddy‌ Your determination to try and communicate with people in the Walking Dead thread is impressive!

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »
    What the hell

There was a cat in my apartment building, just out on the staircase. It looked very well taken care of but had no collar, guess it sneaked out of somebody's apartment?

It was pretty skittish though, ran away as soon as I got close. Guess I'll just hope the owner figures out where it is? I dunno

there are a couple cats that people let roam in our neighborhood. very well cared for, collar with ID, the owners just let them roam. which generally doesn't bother me (some other neighbors have complained though) but it seems a bit irresponsible given the frequent coyote sightings around here.

• Options
    "Casual Eddy"‌ Your determination to try and communicate with people in the Walking Dead thread is impressive!

wait have the walkers gotten internet access?

• Options
    a

what

like, life-size lab

your knee or my knee?

Maybe a little taller than my knee

well that's bizarre

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Talking about a scientist' wardrobe choices, now that's what I call tech journalism. What don't I just read twitter instead?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I had an old 550 Pentium III computer in college. The inside of the case due to the amount the thing cut me while working on it looked like someone sacrificed a kitten.

Thing never broke though. Kept chugging along for like 10 years even after donating it my father, killer of computers.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    What the hell

there are a couple cats that people let roam in our neighborhood. very well cared for, collar with ID, the owners just let them roam. which generally doesn't bother me (some other neighbors have complained though) but it seems a bit irresponsible given the frequent coyote sightings around here.

I live in the middle of a city with busy streets around, and it wasn't outside or anything (worded it a bit weird) it was just on the stairs inside looking confused.

• Options
    What the hell

I live in the middle of a city with busy streets around, and it wasn't outside or anything (worded it a bit weird) it was just on the stairs inside looking confused.

yeah it probably escaped then. hopefully it gets home safe!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    did you guys not grow up with outdoor cats?

i guess it depends on where you live, I grew up in a small neighbordhood away from traffic where my backyard was just acres and acres of woods

so having outdoor cats was totally plausible, and they loved it

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    What the hell

ok yeah in that case he probably just got out on accident...

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oh wow is the town in that movie called Christchild?

the most astonishing thing about "christian" media in the us is how insecure it feels

like, there are lots of really terrific stories that I think illustrate very well the qualities and characteristics that the christmas holiday is supposed to be about. love and tenderness and charity and community during the darkest days of the year. but none of them star kirk cameron, or are about a dude named Joe Christmas and his loving wife Mary Not The Whore, The Other One and lives in Mangerville, USA and has to protect the town Nativity display from that mean old atheist on the city council, Mr. Saul Pharisee and it just feels so tryhardy

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The Muppet Christmas Carol = Christmas tradition
    Muppet Family Christmas is better.
    Well, probably, I have not actually seen The Muppet Christmas Carol. But Muppet Family Christmas is super awesome so it's likely that it's better.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
  • Options
    did you guys not grow up with outdoor cats?

i guess it depends on where you live, I grew up in a small neighbordhood away from traffic where my backyard was just acres and acres of woods

so having outdoor cats was totally plausible, and they loved it

Oh there were definitely outdoor cats where I grew up in the suburbs.

But this one wasn't outside and there aren't really any outdoor cats in the city center. It was just loose in the building

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    What the hell

i just called some numbers on a cat collar monday

the owners live on my street and let her roam. it lessens their lifespan A TON but i guess they're probably happy

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options
    i couldn't bring myself to let my cats roam. i love them too much.

they could get run over or eat rat poison or just plain old get killed by a bigger animal

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hullo friendos

Hope y'all are doing well this fine, snowy Thursday

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hullo friendos

it is 39 degrees in austin when 3 days ago it was like 80

• Options
    Outdoor cats where I grew up were dead cats.

Too many mountain lions, coyotes and owls.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Hullo friendos

this is the worst

i need to mow my lawn one last time for the year and it is freezing out

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Hullo friendos

That's colder than here

• Options
    I deffo have met people that think indoor cats are wrong morally. I think they just can't imagine living in a place where that isn't like totally safe.

• Options
    I wish I made enough to afford that $40k/mo apartment, it looks like the greatest.

This discussion has been closed.