As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2015 [registration] is LIVE! (sold out) - tickets are starting to arrive!

• Options
    JoveJove Registered User regular
    Omg I almost missed it. Freaking bastards caught me off guard after all day of checking on the website.

BUT I GOT IN. HOTEL BOOKED AND READY TO GO!

I CAN SLEEP, I CAN EAT, YAY!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    You can edit your info with showclix by going to http://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login
    I don't have an account?
    One gets created for you automatically when you do your checkout. Use the forgot password link with the email you registered with.

• Options
    PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I am so glad the text notifications didn't fail as I'd given up for the day and started playing Archeage and then BEEP BEEP BEEP AAHHHHH. I'm still shaking holy poops. I am so relieved.

pax%20sig.png
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    You can edit your info with showclix by going to http://www.showclix.com/my-tickets/login
    I don't have an account?

check your email. they should have sent you something with the subject "Showclix Ticketing Account Information" that says they set up an account and lists your temp password.
    I only have a receipt :C

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My text did not work, but i had tweetdeck loaded and heard the ping and clicked within like 6 seconds.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    I don't have an account?
    One gets created for you automatically when you do your checkout. Use the forgot password link with the email you registered with.
    I tried that and it says my email is not recognized, but I did get a receipt emailed to me.

0CsmwYt.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    AAARRRGGGGG!!!

I missed 3-day ones because someone walked into my office JUST as I was loading the page. >.<'

I guess they didn't pick up on all the "GTFO of my office right now" vibes I was sending...

and yeah, to hell with the hotel headaches right now... I'll figure something out later
    but to those that might not be able to make it due to the crazy demand / bastardly scalpers who upfront the demand, we'll drink one in your honour tonight

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I don't have an account?
    I tried that and it says my email is not recognized, but I did get a receipt emailed to me.
    it probably just hasn't gone through yet. wait a couple days for the madness to die down

• Options
    I don't have an account?
    it probably just hasn't gone through yet. wait a couple days for the madness to die down
    Yeah, it just worked. Thanks for the help :)

0CsmwYt.jpg
  • Options
    caerulean_bluecaerulean_blue Registered User regular
    I was surprised to get through the queue so fast. I got the tweet from Khoo and typed in into the browser on my laptop. Much faster than last year.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I don't even know if I can go this year, but as soon as I got the notification, I jumped in. :D

Got hotel too, this time at walking distance!

Feels like there were less 3-day passes this year. The single days seem pretty available. Pax South must have taken some of the load off East. But I'm sure Prime will still be super crazy to get passes to.

Also, it's going to be cold >_<

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular
    I was surprised to get through the queue so fast. I got the tweet from Khoo and typed in into the browser on my laptop. Much faster than last year.

Agreed. The demand seems lower than last year, although that might just be because they didn't pre-announce this time.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    this tweet, to me, would point to them reducing the # of 3-days

• Options
    GenEdGenEd Registered User regular
    3-day passes on lock. Is the Westin where most of the events are held? Is that why everyone wants that hotel?

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I believe the Weston is pretty much attatched to the convention center

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    GenEd wrote: »
    3-day passes on lock. Is the Westin where most of the events are held? Is that why everyone wants that hotel?

No official events are held there, but it is attached to the convention center.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    mod edit: removed ebay link

GG Penny Arcade.

God that was fast. Please tell me PA made a limit on how many three day passes you can buy at once?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

I don't know about that. But it shares a sky-bridge with the BCEC. If I had my choice of hotel, I'd pick there.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    like all other passes the limit as 4

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular

I think it's because the Westin is a skybridge away to the BCEC. Which also means it holds lots of events. I did not get it nor the Seaport, but got the Renaissance Waterfront, which is still walking distance. So I'm happy.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    Well, this will probably be my last East. There clearly aren't enough 3-day badges available each year, most likely intentionally.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Jove wrote: »
    mod edit: removed link

GG Penny Arcade.

God that was fast. Please tell me PA made a limit on how many three day passes you can buy at once?

Of course they did. 4-pass limit per order, plus they will retroactively cancel orders that look like someone trying to order large quantities.

zerzhul on
    6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I still don't know if I can attend or not, but I got a three day just in case. If I can't go, at least I should be able to resell at face value.

• Options
    Red RegexRed Regex Visioneer, Red Foe Games MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    While checking out, I un-checked then re-checked the "use same address for billing and shipping" option.

Everything went normally, but once I got the confirmation I noticed my shipping state had been altered to AL, the first alphabetical state.

The billing address remained correct and the town name and zip code in both remained correct, but the shipping address now points to a nonexistent address in Alabama.

I've emailed pax_questions@paxsite.com with more specific details including my tracking number which seemed to be the correct course of action (as in prior years that's who could handle change-of-address for people who move after buying passes but before they ship), but wanted to post here as well in case anyone else had the same thing happen to them but didn't notice it.

In short: double-check your confirmation to be sure passes are being mailed to the correct state!

• Options
    mod edit: removed ebay link

GG Penny Arcade.

Pretty sure nobody has a badge in their hand right now. Also, linking those just drives ebay traffic, no reason to do that here.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    2 3 day badges? Check (one for me, one for my lovely wife)
    Hotel booked? Check...Thurs - Sun at the Seaport

Let the countdown begin!!

• Options
    PugglesPuggles Registered User regular
    I happened to look at my phone the exact moment I got the tweet. It was meant to be...3 day passes are mine!

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    You can log into your showclix page and change it, i went there and did find it changed to AL and was able to change it back to Ontario.

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I hope so, because I find it almost hard to believe that the 3 day badges would sell out in 4 minutes. I'm fine thank goodness but I feel awful for the other people that weren't able to get it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    bz_sleeperbz_sleeper Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Also, it's going to be cold >_<

Uh, forget the cold.... Mar 6-8... we could be in the middle of a Noreaster. Well, that should certainly make things very interesting. Then again, it could be sunny and 60 degrees out. It's typical Boston March.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I hope so, because I find it almost hard to believe that the 3 day badges would sell out in 4 minutes. I'm fine thank goodness but I feel awful for the other people that weren't able to get it.

They probably rebalanced to have a small number of 3 days and larger number of single days to encourage people to pick and choose days so more total people can attend.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

This has been asked previously and they always insist that 99% of the purchases are legit after analyzing the data.

Of course it's impossible to differentiate between insane amounts of demand, and scalpers getting more technically savvy and creative.

Realistically there are simply very few venues that can hold the sheer # of people that want to go. And the BCEC is actually a better venue size and capacity wise than PAX Prime.

Satoru on
  • Options
    LimondLimond Registered User regular
    Had to get 3 one day passes since by the time my IFTTT got around to linking the first tweet they were already gone. They really need to allocate more 3 day instead of 1-day (unless their plan is to earn 45 bucks more a head by having so few)

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm still on the "Get Rid of 3-day passes" team. Given that it's basically the same cost as 2 individual day passes, it kind of makes the whole process maddening. Plus, given the Khoo tweet, why not just eliminate them and keep those available passes for people that are definitely going to make it for all three days. They'd make more doing it, too.

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Xiryc wrote: »
    Well, this will probably be my last East. There clearly aren't enough 3-day badges available each year, most likely intentionally.

While it does suck that 3 days sell so fast and I can't understand why they can not create more initially as they sell out in minutes each year (i personally think it's because they know people will buy all 3 days separate and that makes them an extra $45 for a "3-day" pass) .. not being able to get a 3 day will never stop me from having to get all 3 days separate though ...

I have limited income and hardly ever get a chance to do any "extra" things in my life but one thing I have enjoyed over the years is being able to go to PAX. It's my yearly (and practically only) fun thing to do. I actually start saving for passes after I buy the current ones. Next paycheck i put $5 in a "PAX Fund" jar that I seal shut so I can not easily open until ticket time. By time PAX rolls around again I have around $250 for passes and some spending money. Thankfully I live near Boston so hotels are not an expense I have to pay but what little money I do save is more than enough to enjoy the show.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular

It's basically next door and has a skywalk over so from a convenience standpoint its pretty much the 'best' hotel. Most of the other hotels will land you in downtown Boston which is a bit of a hike.

• Options
    Reading this thread seems people are getting their tickets sent to Alabama (AL) ...

So I went to https://www.showclix.com/ to check my purchase and sure enough mine did to. I know I selected MA as my state so something is messing up.

I just changed it to say MA and saved it so hopefully that works.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    Yeah I would encourage everyone to check their shipping info. There was a bug at launch that they know about now.

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    Still says Virginia for me, but I'll keep an eye on it

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Okay, I can breathe now. Got 4 3-day passes and a quad at the seaport (first time there, too!)

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png