Options

2015 [registration] is LIVE! (sold out) - tickets are starting to arrive!

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Totally disappointed, it rejected 4 credit cards for my three days with the error "Credit limit reached"... I got single days to make up for it but none of those cards have limits (and they all have the funds on them!)

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Still says Virginia for me, but I'll keep an eye on it
    If it's correct, it's correct. The bug was during the info entering process afaik.

• Options
    Red RegexRed Regex Visioneer, Red Foe Games MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    You can log into your showclix page and change it, i went there and did find it changed to AL and was able to change it back to Ontario.
    Oh neat, thanks. Seems to have let me fix it.

I wonder how many people read the forums or noticed their confirmation. I bet a lot of strangers in Alabama are going to be getting surprise passes in the mail a few months from now.

• Options
    Red Regex wrote: »
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »
    You can log into your showclix page and change it, i went there and did find it changed to AL and was able to change it back to Ontario.
    Oh neat, thanks. Seems to have let me fix it.

I wonder how many people read the forums or noticed their confirmation. I bet a lot of strangers in Alabama are going to be getting surprise passes in the mail a few months from now.
    I would be that Showclix will probably go through and fix the screwed up submissions. PAX knows about the issue so I doubt they'll just ignore it.

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Hopefully for those that do not see it will still get their tickets if the post office actually does their job. The package will have a zip code on it ... technically state and city should not really be needed as a zip is unique to every city..

Showclix should sent out an email asking people to check the shipping on their My Tickets page just in case.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    well, hmm, that was awful...the showclix site dumped my order of 3-days at the very end, tried to go back and it dumped me in to the queue! beyond frustrated.

• Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    What was the limit for 3 day passes this year? I got 4, but it was always 5 right?

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    Oh, maybe that's why my address said Alabama haha

0CsmwYt.jpg
  • Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    What was the limit for 3 day passes this year? I got 4, but it was always 5 right?
    I think the limit was actually 4 this time.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    Totally disappointed, it rejected 4 credit cards for my three days with the error "Credit limit reached"... I got single days to make up for it but none of those cards have limits (and they all have the funds on them!)
    All credit cards have limits, should check them to see.

0CsmwYt.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Paine wrote: »
    I think the limit was actually 4 this time.

It was 4 this year and 5 last year. I needed 6 though lol. Thankfully friends getting online soon enough to at least get individual days.

• Options
    It was 4 for a bunch of other recent paxes too. 4 is the new 5.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    All credit cards have limits, should check them to see.
    Okay yeah, they have limits, but the lowest limit was like $1k/day haha. Plus the order I made with individuals came out to more than the 3-day purchase but it worked the first time.

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    synopsysbanesynopsysbane Registered User new member
    see you there dang this years prices are bankbreaking

• Options
    Liz SuretteLiz Surette Goomba Sympathizer Registered User new member
    Help! I placed an order on my phone and got the message "your reservation has been posted". Not knowing what that meant and thinking it might have timed out or something, I hopped onto a desktop browser and placed another order right away thinking my first one hadn't gone through. I was feeling the time pressure and didn't want to wait more than a few minutes to get a receipt. So...I got 2 receipts, meaning I successfully placed two orders. I only want one of the orders, and I want other people to get a shot at those badges. Is there a way to cancel one order or am I stuck?

• Options
    Help! I placed an order on my phone and got the message "your reservation has been posted". Not knowing what that meant and thinking it might have timed out or something, I hopped onto a desktop browser and placed another order right away thinking my first one hadn't gone through. I was feeling the time pressure and didn't want to wait more than a few minutes to get a receipt. So...I got 2 receipts, meaning I successfully placed two orders. I only want one of the orders, and I want other people to get a shot at those badges. Is there a way to cancel one order or am I stuck?
    email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Do my eyes deceive me, or was this the fastest weekend sellout in PAX history? I know Khoo said the 3 days were lower this year, but DANG!

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    JasujoJasujo New York, USARegistered User regular
    Wow, both Friday and Saturday are low already. This year is selling out crazy fast!

zidydOc.png
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Got my 3 day and hotel res, now to wait for the coin and pokecrawl

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'm still on the "Get Rid of 3-day passes" team. Given that it's basically the same cost as 2 individual day passes, it kind of makes the whole process maddening. Plus, given the Khoo tweet, why not just eliminate them and keep those available passes for people that are definitely going to make it for all three days. They'd make more doing it, too.

I understand that sentiment. But I feel like the 3-day passes are collectibles at this point. I cannot defend their cheaper price, but based off the speed at which they sold, I don't think there are a huge allotment of them. I do kind of wish that if you purchase a complete set of individual day passes they'd be combined into a 3 day pass.

I don't feel like them selling more individual tickets is a money grab either. They're still $45; which while not being a non-trivial amount of money, isn't exactly a lot considering the demand the tickets.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh, there were fewer 3 days than previous years? Is that true?

I managed to grab 4 sets of single days (another friend grabbed 3 sets). I also got a room at Park Plaza (friend also grabbed us one). My Seaport reservation timed out/errored/sold out as I was literally hitting the check out button.

I'll keep an eye on the hotel page from now till East to see about switching.

edit: This might also be my last PAX if this is what I have to do every year. No thanks. Still, excited for this trip.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    RikuDawnRikuDawn Registered User regular
    Aw man. I managed to lose my debit card at the worst possible time. I was on the order form and couldn't find my card in time for a 3 day.

• Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Thank you tweet deck and thank you customers for not needing tech support at 3pm while I was sitting ready for a call haha. I got my 3 day badges within minutes. So excited! I probably could have booked the hotel I wanted too but then I got a customer. One victory is enough for today. :)

• Options
    Heh, my boss walked into my office literally at 3, and I saw the tweet and was all "uhhh can you come back later?"

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm actually surprised they sold 3-days this year too. With all the trouble they cause they need to go.

SkeleVader on
    0hy0sznvqw4d.png
  • Options
    Liz SuretteLiz Surette Goomba Sympathizer Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    email pax_questions@paxsite.com

I just fired off an email to them describing the situation. I'm not optimistic I'll get a quick reply, but hopefully I'll hear back in the next few days.

• Options
    Yeah I would not expect a timely replay given the proximity to ticket sales release.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Sepioth wrote: »
    Reading this thread seems people are getting their tickets sent to Alabama (AL) ...

So I went to https://www.showclix.com/ to check my purchase and sure enough mine did to. I know I selected MA as my state so something is messing up.

I just changed it to say MA and saved it so hopefully that works.
    The "Same as Billing" address choice was all sorts of messed up when I tried to order. I eventually just unchecked that box and everything went through just fine.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Didn't get 3 days or westin this year, but got 3 sets of all three days for me and my boys and a 4 day reservation at the Omni Parker House (stayed there last year). Just adopted two boys and we're all going to PAX!!!!! Things couldn't be better!

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Missed the 3 day pass blitz :(.... 8 mins it was sold out. I'm hoping (praying) they will release another batch of 3 days later. This is what I heard they did for PAX Aus, but I can hope.

• Options
    duckerducker MARegistered User regular
    So when did these start selling at? I picked up 4x for friday and saturday for friends - but missed the 3 day :( Kinda wanted all 3 but oh well.

• Options
    flashe wrote: »
    Missed the 3 day pass blitz :(.... 8 mins it was sold out. I'm hoping (praying) they will release another batch of 3 days later. This is what I heard they did for PAX Aus, but I can hope.
    That would be cheeky.

• Options
    And now Sunday is low

• Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Got all 3 single days even though I clicked the link 30 seconds after it was posted.

That was nerve wrecking.

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Damn, maybe now SOUTH will finally start selling. I got alert in coffee room and by time I got to my desk, 3 days were gone... how many were there.. 12 ?

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    Bought tickets. Still extremely annoyed that this is how they do business.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I also got a room at Park Plaza (friend also grabbed us one).

Park Plaza is a good place and location. I stayed there last year and got a room their this year. Most of the after parties were like a block or two away which was very convenient.

danielofthekings on
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Official Pax Twitter feed just said Saturday is now considered in low supply with Friday & Sunday not being far behind.

If you're on the fence, make up your mind before it is made for you.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    starfx6464starfx6464 Registered User regular
    This is my first time going for East and man, I wasn't expecting the rush on 3 Days. I was stuck in a room helping hang a TV for our break room at work (because I'm IT I guess?) and I didn't see the tweet on my phone until at least a few minutes after it went out. 3 Days were already showing as sold out, but I held out hope and just kept refreshing every so often and saw 3 Days go back in stock (I'm guessing reserved tickets being dropped). Yay! Now if only I could get ahold of my future wife before the timer expired...

30 seconds to go on the timer and she finally gives me the all clear. Yay! SUBMIT! Problem with the credit card, "contact your bank." WHAT?! I triple check my info and submit again. No dice. I'm kicked back to the ticket selection page as time expires and 3 Days show as sold out again. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So I just keep refreshing and eventually they show back up as available and I get in again. YES! I enter my info and submit. SUCCESS!

That was tense..

PAX East 2015 3 Day Badge [✓]
  • Options
    tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    Managed to get a 3-Day pass for my boyfriend! I was walking to CVS with my friends when I saw the tweet, so I had to do it on my phone.