Options

2015 [registration] is LIVE! (sold out) - tickets are starting to arrive!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    My receipt for my 4x 3 Day badges was at 3:09... I must've been like the last person, holy shit.

• Options
    TARBEAR2TARBEAR2 Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »
    I'd argue comic con isn't more fair...it simply prioritizes previous attendees. Which would be better for previous attendees....but not so much for new folks wanting to go.

Unless you're talking about NYCC.: http://theinsightfulpanda.com/2014/06/26/new-york-comic-con-ticket-sales-what-went-wrong/

Returning to the point that no system is really any better/fairer for everyone wanting to attend.

But, I get it...you're ticked off. Maybe not the time to discuss the finer points of the process...I hope something works out for you. I really do!

San Diego only makes a limited amount of tickets available for prior attendees, with a large share still going to the mass population. While I have been been shorted on tickets due to their random selection process, at least it was a fair and resonable process that heavily discourges scalppers.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Heh, my boss walked into my office literally at 3, and I saw the tweet and was all "uhhh can you come back later?"

If you don't get a free pass for all the bullshit you deal with on this forum, Khoo needs a talking to...

• Options
    TheGoldenTriforceTheGoldenTriforce Registered User regular
    I clicked the link immediately once the tweet came out. Thank you tweet deck!

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I feel like every year you see the people that get their badges, the people that don't get their badges and bitch that the system is wrong and should do it "this way", and the people that don't get badges and say "glad i stopped going to that thing" and put on their hipster glasses

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I knew it would be today. I just had that feeling. I posted on Facebook yesterday telling all of my friends to be prepared. And I had my phone on me all day. I was on a date with my girlfriend and this is her first pax she is attending. I told her that knowing my luck it would go on sale right when we were in the middle of our date, and lo and behold we went to a national science museum after lunch for the end of our date and right as I was checking my phone, I got the tweet, and rushed out of the building for better cell phone service and bought our three days and booked the Westin.

I took everyone's advice from last year and used my cell phone this year to purchase. I will say this, purchasing tickets and hotel were WAY easier on my smartphone than on the computer last year. Thank you guys for the tip.

Zarien on
  • Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I literally purchased my tickets with 2 minutes to spare before meeting a major client. Fortunately, that client was also a huge gamer and was also trying to purchase his PAX tickets. Was a wonderful shared moment of geekdom.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Good news when I got home, I stressed all week about these badges and found out my sister had my back...4-3days! WHOOO HOOO! I feel so much better, now I have to recruit some more friends to go with my singles. So happy right now!

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    TARBEAR2 wrote: »
    The answer is that they can do it, but are too cheap to put a system in place, ala Comic con. This is especially true when it comes to scalpers.

On the topic of sting, I literally see the Boston Convention center everday, and being cut out of a day due to their lack of commitment to serving the fan base in a fair and resonable way is very dissapointing.

Not everyone who wants to go to San Diego Comic Con can get passes either. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't think their methods are fair. There is honestly no fair way to do this for everyone. It all comes down to luck and timing. I'm sorry you didn't get a three day pass, but if you really want to go why not buy the Friday and Sunday passes still available?

Honestly, if you are so close to the BCEC, go there Friday morning. I'm sure there will be plenty of people trying to sell passes at face value for their friends who ended up not going.

stardust462 on
  • Options
    GenEdGenEd Registered User regular
    My receipt for my 4x 3 Day badges was at 3:09... I must've been like the last person, holy shit.

Nah I got you beat. 3:11.

• Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I must have been quick 3:04 here

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    TheAsianKnightTheAsianKnight Shinywoopwoop Registered User regular
    When I bought my passes for the delivery address I selected "same as billing" but for some reason in the email receipt it says the delivery address is Alabama... Literally everything else about it is correct, name, town, address, just not the state. (note I do not live in Alabama.)

I would think I made a mistake, but my billing address is 100% correct and I didn't retype the address, just selected "Same as billing" soooooooo, reeeaaaallly hoping my passes don't get mailed to Alabama. I sent an email, but I don't even know if I sent it to the right place, or when they'll get back to me, so I'm sharing my paranoia here.

Pax East Check List: Room [X] Registration [X] Pax Pass [X] Pokemon league Gym Leader Team [X]
    Cosplay Check List: WOOPER [X]
    WOOP WOOP!
  • Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    Someday my luck with Pax will run out...but today was not that day!

I was driving when I got the twitter alert. Went into immediate freak out lol, I knew there was no way I could do everything from my phone. Called me sister and got her to get in the queue for tickets and ai went to book our hotel while at a stop light after hanging up with her. Somehow managed to get all our 3 day passes for our group AND a room at the Westin.

PHEW that was a close one! The past 4 years, I've been in my office when I got the alert. This year was a true test of skill!

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    Prez1Prez1 Registered User new member
    edited November 2014
    Did PA send an email to PA Club members? I didn't receive anything alerting to the sale and now I missed out on getting Saturday passes. Not everyone is on the friggin Twitter!
    BS --- membership canceled.

Prez1 on
  • Options
    Account4ThisAccount4This BostonRegistered User regular
    jbk wrote: »
    Did I miss the omeganaut checkbox on my 3dayer?

They'll send out an email later to register.

Is that confirmed? I remember a checkbox in past years that you marked as you bought. I realized I didn't see a box right after the purchase went through.

• Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I feel so relieved. Got my 3day badges at 3:04, and I clicked on the link the second the tweet deck popped up. It went VERY smooth, and no issues at all. I was about to book the westin and then... work got in the way :( When I came back it was no longer available. Too bad! When I got home I booked another hotel that I stayed at last year, AND booked my amtrak tickets so I can take the train into Boston. So happy to have this behind me, now I can work on cosplays and be excited for March :)

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    When I bought my passes for the delivery address I selected "same as billing" but for some reason in the email receipt it says the delivery address is Alabama... Literally everything else about it is correct, name, town, address, just not the state. (note I do not live in Alabama.)

I would think I made a mistake, but my billing address is 100% correct and I didn't retype the address, just selected "Same as billing" soooooooo, reeeaaaallly hoping my passes don't get mailed to Alabama. I sent an email, but I don't even know if I sent it to the right place, or when they'll get back to me, so I'm sharing my paranoia here.

this is a known bug, happened to a lot of people. there's some instructions for fixing it in the op of this thread, but some people have found that showclix already fixed it for them. basically, don't freak out, you'll be ok. just follow the instructions to check and change your address if needed.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Commander CainCommander Cain Registered User regular
    I've been working night shift so so I sleep during the day. I was worried I'd miss passes this year so I set up my twitter to text my phone with alerts. I forgot to put the sound on before I went to sleep but thankfully the half dozen texts that I got from it shook my phone enough to where I got up to check. Ended up getting on around 20mins after sales went up. I miss out on 3 day passes and two beds at the seaport (like I wanted) but I manged to get single day passes and a on bed at the Seaport and a two bed at the Renaissance. So not a flawless victory but still fairly good. So far I've manged to get get all my friends who wanted to go to be able to go and get one of the 3 central hotels each time. I'm thanking God for luck like this right now.

E68SJmZ.png
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I work 2nd shift and had already left for work by the time this tweet went out. I can't sit on social media all day because no one wants to give advanced notice anymore. So I found out well after the fact, and for the first time in all six years attending I did not get passes.

So instead, I get to spend the next four months babysitting eBay to pay some scalper $500 because I work for a living. And sure, I sound bitter. Why shouldn't I be? Five years running, and now nothing. And sure, I'll get the typical responses from people who either A: don't have a menial labor job, or B: got their passes and automatically know how the system works flawlessly because of it. But that's not going to magically make this all better.

Friday and Sunday are still available right now, so I'm sure if I really wanted to I could do like everyone else and buy four of each and resell them for $150 apiece. Why not? I'm sure PA might not be thrilled to hear that, but hey they created this archaic system. But I don't feel like contributing to the dumpster fire.

Instead, I'll graciously overpay for my 3 day passes and just send Mike the bill when I get there. Six years of loyalty should be worth that.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    I was driving down the highway from work when my phone went off. My gut told me it was PAX Badges and I pulled over into a turn lane where the light usually takes forever to turn green and I was able to get badges when I saw that my gut was right. Thank god I didn't just keep driving home.

• Options
    wreckeurwreckeur Registered User regular
    I received the tweet notification at 3pm eastern, went directly to the link in the tweet, got right in the queue. After about three minutes in the queue, I was able to get my two 3-day badges and a Saturday badge for my friend, then got my confirmation email. Process was smooth as butter. Then I saw the tweet from Khoo about three days selling out and watched as the hate machine started up.

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular

It was a bug in the system. You CAN log back on and change it (see address posted by the mod earlier in the thread)...but there also may be a correction done on the back side, since PA seems to be aware of it.

I checked mine, to make sure...looks fine..so it was sporadic.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Prez1 wrote: »
    Did PA send an email to PA Club members? I didn't receive anything alerting to the sale and now I missed out on getting Saturday passes. Not everyone is on the friggin Twitter!

I'm actually kind of sad that they only did that pre-sale for Prime. I assume it was just a tester to see how mad people would get. Ha. If they let PA Club Members know, someone would wind up spilling the beans anyway.
    wreckeur wrote: »
    I received the tweet notification at 3pm eastern, went directly to the link in the tweet, got right in the queue. After about three minutes in the queue, I was able to get my two 3-day badges and a Saturday badge for my friend, then got my confirmation email. Process was smooth as butter. Then I saw the tweet from Khoo about three days selling out and watched as the hate machine started up.

I was too worried to turn on my hate machine. I got what I needed. A hotel (2 rooms) and tickets (7 sets of single days - another friend helped get them). My one friend and I sat around waiting for like 2-2 1/2 hours. Nothing. So he went to get a haircut and I heated up food. I come back and my Google chat is flashing. "TICKETS" I read, as my phone Twitter blips with Khoo saying 3-days are sold out. It was like the perfect storm of "are you fucking kidding me....oh shit fuck just grab whatever."

Either way, I am very excited for this PAX.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    Someday my luck with Pax will run out...but today was not that day!

Is it wrong that I totally pictured Aragorn saying this?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Is it wrong that I totally pictured Aragorn saying this?

If it is, then I don't want to be "right". :)

• Options
    klzklz Registered User regular
    Considering the sites melted down last year and turned ticket purchasing and hotel reservations into an all afternoon panic attack, I'm glad they didn't do the pre-announcement. Looking at how bad SDCC and NYCC ticket sales went this past year by telling everyone (including the scalper hordes), things went much more smoothly this time.

3 days vanished quickly, but being able to click and get single day passes an hour later for all 3 days without a problem (unlike the 2 hour queue for NYCC passes when nobody knew if they had passes or not while the queue page was up) says this was the right decision to me. Sure it was stressful in the last week and a half, but better than the lottery lockouts last year when you hoped you actually were in line for tickets or hoping to get into OnPeak when the servers were finally back up while refreshing like thousands of others for over an hour.

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I don't think it has been said enough, this was the easiest ticket purchasing experience I've ever had with Pax.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Good news when I got home, I stressed all week about these badges and found out my sister had my back...4-3days! WHOOO HOOO! I feel so much better, now I have to recruit some more friends to go with my singles. So happy right now!
    Nice, grats man. My FC mates managed to each get 2 sets of 4 of 3-day passes for the rest of our group to go. I missed out and had to get 2 sets of single days...$300 later....

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    What was sad is I actually signed up for twitter this year and followed everyone I might reasonably get an announcement on this from. For whatever reason my iPhone doesn't get twitter alerts (can anyone tell me how to fix this?), and I'd been procrastinating on figuring out how to fix it. Luckily I was watching my Feedly when a Polygon post went up about tickets going on sale, but still missed the 3 days by about 20 minutes. Crazy.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    What was sad is I actually signed up for twitter this year and followed everyone I might reasonably get an announcement on this from. For whatever reason my iPhone doesn't get twitter alerts (can anyone tell me how to fix this?), and I'd been procrastinating on figuring out how to fix it. Luckily I was watching my Feedly when a Polygon post went up about tickets going on sale, but still missed the 3 days by about 20 minutes. Crazy.

Check your settings that you get mobile notifications for the accounts you want to receive them from. You have to opt into those for the accounts you want. Test it on an account that updates frequently, like CNN Breaking News, to make sure the texts are being sent.

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    The mobile purchasing experience was excellent this year. I was taking an exam at work when I got the tweet and had to excuse myself for a "bathroom break." I was lucky enough to snag a set of 3 days this way.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    The UnquestionedThe Unquestioned BostonRegistered User regular
    FYI to all - I just went to the website, and Sat passes were gone, but 3 day passes were still an option! I made the purchase; assuming this isn't some kind of glitch, I think I've got one. Other hopefuls may want to try this as well!

The Unquestioned • "I'd tell you to buy a clue, but you don't have enough cents."

Find me on the PAX Pokemon League Forums!
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    FYI to all - I just went to the website, and Sat passes were gone, but 3 day passes were still an option! I made the purchase; assuming this isn't some kind of glitch, I think I've got one. Other hopefuls may want to try this as well!

All gone =(

• Options
    BaconGreaseBaconGrease Registered User regular
    I was at work, called my wife who took care of business and secured passes and hotels. Another bonus of being married

ZsbflUq.png
  • Options
    The UnquestionedThe Unquestioned BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014

All gone =(
    Yeah, a buddy of mine tried right after me and it said sold out again. Sorry! :( I must have snuck right in. That's some luck.

The Unquestioned on
    The Unquestioned • "I'd tell you to buy a clue, but you don't have enough cents."

Find me on the PAX Pokemon League Forums!
  • Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Prez1 wrote: »

Not everyone is in the PA Club and there are far far more people who have access to Twitter. Logically, they'll announce via Twitter, which can get pushed to people's email/phone/iPad/whatever instantly.

Sorry you missed out on the Saturday badges, but canceling the PA Club membership just hurts you and Penny Arcade.

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    Seems some scalpers are trying to sell the Saturday passes on ebay....that's disgusting. Glad I got mine when I did. I feel sorry for anyone else. =(

Also, signed up on Twitter specifically for the announcement. I don't plan on using it for anything else. I find twitter useless personally.

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Honestly, it took a long time for the Saturdays to sell out (2hr30min), so people complaining about not being able to go are just being bitter. And for those saying it's a rip off to buy the 3 days single versus one pass... If 40 bucks are make or break for going to PAX, then maybe going to PAX isn't really a financial situation that someone should be in. We've all been there before and didn't get the 3 day single pass, last year was a prime example, move past it.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    I was at work, called my wife who took care of business and secured passes and hotels. Another bonus of being married

That ones a keeper!

• Options
    bz_sleeperbz_sleeper Registered User regular
    Honestly, it took a long time for the Saturdays to sell out (2hr30min), so people complaining about not being able to go are just being bitter. And for those saying it's a rip off to buy the 3 days single versus one pass... If 40 bucks are make or break for going to PAX, then maybe going to PAX isn't really a financial situation that someone should be in. We've all been there before and didn't get the 3 day single pass, last year was a prime example, move past it.

Well $40 shouldn't be a make or break but it's still a good chunk of change, especially for those not yet working full time or still in school. Consider that paying for 3 single days means almost a 50% increase in how much you have to spend compared to the 3-day. But anyways, I don't see any other way of doing it other than the way it was done this year. I mean last year, I couldn't even get into the queue until like 15-20 minutes later due to volume. Or do away with 3-days altogether and everyone pays the same.