Options

2015 [registration] is LIVE! (sold out) - tickets are starting to arrive!

• Options
    RooslinRooslin Registered User regular
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    did anyone experience the "sold out" status when you selected the "get tickets" but then after refreshing the page several times it then proceeded to the payment page? this happened to me but I initially had 4 tickets selected and then it reverted to 1 ticket. I was eventually able to purchase the 1 ticket but I have not idea why it did this. I was in the queue within 3 min of the tweet and it proceeded quickly to the selection page where I saw 4 available tickets in the drop-down but then it just would not allow me to purchase them. servers must have been smokin by that time. at least I am able to attend again this year. i know its not a perfect system but not sure there is any truly fair way to do this.

as far as continuing to offer 3-days, there is one reason that makes them necessary and that is BYOC. you can also get 3 x 1-days but when you add it all up there is premium paid by those attendees due to that requirement so having a little discount helps. i wish there was better coordination between PAX/BYOC teams to bundle this as a package. just my $0.02.

thanks again for choosing BCEC-Boston for this con.

If you bundle the byoc and 3-day badges then people who missed out on getting all three days would buy a byoc bundle even though they aren't going to be attending the byoc.

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    bz_sleeper wrote: »
    Having 3-day passes cost more only makes sense if it were part of some collectible package (Limited to 10,000!!!). Kind of like buying the collector's edition of a game, you get action figures or a T-shirt thrown in but it all costs more. But if the pass is just going to get you in, it needs to be less than the cost of 3 single day passes for a 3-day pass to make sense.

I don't necessarily agree with that. The 3 day pass is already collectible without any free t-shirt or whatever. If the price of a 3 day pass goes up to say $150 when the 3 individual days are $135 then people will still buy them because they're collectible. I'd love to see the 3 days become a limited numbered set. Each would have a collectible number of #xxxx/1000 and they cost more. As with many things in gaming, it's about collecting stuff and then bragging about what you collected. :D

• Options
    OfficeZombieOfficeZombie Registered User regular
    bbart wrote: »
    Is it still worth going if I can only get Friday and Sunday passes, or is missing Saturday not too bad...?

The only thing you're missing is whatever panels are on saturday and extra floor time. We don't know what panels will be going, or what's going to be on the floor, so it's hard to say what exactly you'll miss

• Options
    lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    You know what I just realized... Daylight Savings Time begins on March 8th next year. That should be...interesting... :?

qtjvjrS.png
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    JimmyWild wrote: »
    bz_sleeper wrote: »
    Having 3-day passes cost more only makes sense if it were part of some collectible package (Limited to 10,000!!!). Kind of like buying the collector's edition of a game, you get action figures or a T-shirt thrown in but it all costs more. But if the pass is just going to get you in, it needs to be less than the cost of 3 single day passes for a 3-day pass to make sense.

I don't necessarily agree with that. The 3 day pass is already collectible without any free t-shirt or whatever. If the price of a 3 day pass goes up to say $150 when the 3 individual days are $135 then people will still buy them because they're collectible. I'd love to see the 3 days become a limited numbered set. Each would have a collectible number of #xxxx/1000 and they cost more. As with many things in gaming, it's about collecting stuff and then bragging about what you collected. :D

I'd be cool with only being able to buy individual days, but if you buy all three days there's an option to have it "upgraded" to a 3-day pass (which you can do up to a certain point, it doesn't have to be done right at purchase so you can buy quickly).

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Frankly it would probably be cheaper for them to make 1 badge for ever 3 instead.

• Options
    bz_sleeperbz_sleeper Registered User regular
    lauren0rz wrote: »
    You know what I just realized... Daylight Savings Time begins on March 8th next year. That should be...interesting... :?

Oh great. That just screws up my sleeping as it always does.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh that is not going to be good. Seeing as I don't get home until after midnight during PAX, just to wake up, shower, dressed, get food packed, and still be out the door before 8:00 am for my travels into the city, my sleep is already limited. Taking another hour away? That will either mean missing out on Saturday night festivities/tabletop or early Sunday panels.

Oh the horrors of first-world problems!

EDIT: First part was sincere. Second part was making fun of myself

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I don't know if it is known or not yet,but I just found out that pax is no longer doing a ticket resale and tickets that are canceled will automatically be put back on the site. This includes 3 days. So if you didn't get a 3 day or a Saturday. Continuing to refresh might get you one

• Options
    DragantDragant BostonRegistered User regular
    Extremely bummed that I missed out on three day passes. Every day I was on the PAX site making sure they didn't go on sale. I had to attend a funeral on the day they actually went on sale. I had to go with three single day passes paying almost $300 for two people. Insanity.

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    While it sucks that you missed out on 3 days, you did get passes. There are plenty of people who didn't get passes at all.

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Happened at East 2011 as well, and honestly it won't be as bad as it was then because the show closes earlier (used to be 2am but now it is midnight).

Also it's Sunday morning it happens (2am to be exact) and Sunday is the shortest day of the con.

Also, why are you sleeping during PAX :twisted:

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    goongoon MARegistered User regular
    Kilonum wrote: »
    Happened at East 2011 as well, and honestly it won't be as bad as it was then because the show closes earlier (used to be 2am but now it is midnight).

Also it's Sunday morning it happens (2am to be exact) and Sunday is the shortest day of the con.

Also, why are you sleeping during PAX :twisted:

Indeed, PAX is no time to sleep.

Virtue and the grim consequences thereof.
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    goon wrote: »
    Indeed, PAX is no time to sleep.

If I am not mistaken, sleeping at PAX is punishable by the forfeiture of your "Gamer Card". You loose the right to claim to be a gamer and must wait in a 3 hour long line for a booth before you are allowed to get it back.

Don't worry though, all the booths had 3 hour lines last year so it will be easy to find one.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    For the people who may be confused by what these hooligans are saying. Sleep is actually very important to maintaining a friendly and fun PAX for you and for others. Sleep deprived and grouchy attendees, enforcers, exhibitors and staff only makes the show worse. Everyone's sleep needs are different, but please do not skimp on your sleep.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    If you need a break during the day those awesome bean bag chair things in the HHL looked sooooo comfortable!

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Attending conventions for 15+ years including did Staffing. One time I stayed up for 48 hours during a Weekend Convention (Anime Boston 08 I believe). I have never felt so horrible in my life. Even when I did staffing (other conventions) I pulled 24 hours of no sleep for a Convention and your mindset will not be sun-shine and rainbows.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Beker wrote: »
    For the people who may be confused by what these hooligans are saying. Sleep is actually very important to maintaining a friendly and fun PAX for you and for others. Sleep deprived and grouchy attendees, enforcers, exhibitors and staff only makes the show worse. Everyone's sleep needs are different, but please do not skimp on your sleep.

Very much agreed on this point.

Seriously, get a minimum of 5 hours a night (Though some may need more). This is both for health reasons, survival reasons and enjoyment reasons.

Health- sleep is when your body dos a lot of its repair work.

Survival- You'll feel like death if you go on a minimum of sleep.

Enjoyment- If you don't sleep, you'll fall asleep during panels, games, demos, etc. And you'll be miserable. and likely (unintentionally) take it out on other con attendees.

So folks remember: sleep! The con ends at midnight, and honestly...if you sleep between 3 to 8AM you'll get those 5 hours, no prob.

So please folks, catch some Zs! You'll have a better time for it!

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    xecutionrxecutionr Registered User new member
    ok guys im completely new to this... and missed the time to buy the 3 day pass.. is there any way at all to get them ? like stubhub or anything?... i was watching religiously every other day and the week i forgot they went on sale... fml

• Options
    oAwesomeAndrewoAwesomeAndrew Registered User regular
    Surprised Fridays and Sundays are still up. How fast did they sell previous years and how long this year you think till they sell out? I'll say give it another week.

Is it March 2015, yet?
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    Surprised Fridays and Sundays are still up. How fast did they sell previous years and how long this year you think till they sell out? I'll say give it another week.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/31191958/#Comment_31191958

My previous post covered the timeline for 2013

• Options
    xecutionr wrote: »
    ok guys im completely new to this... and missed the time to buy the 3 day pass.. is there any way at all to get them ? like stubhub or anything?... i was watching religiously every other day and the week i forgot they went on sale... fml

There are still Friday/Sunday tickets

• Options
    Satoru wrote: »

but is it worth going? im thinking about waiting and buying 3 days off scalpers since i know there are gonna be alot on stubhub like last year

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Satoru wrote: »

but is it worth going? im thinking about waiting and buying 3 days off scalpers since i know there are gonna be alot on stubhub like last year

we're not really supposed to discuss reselling/unofficial sales methods in detail, i would say you're much better off picking up legit fridays and sundays and then buying a saturday from someone (not an organization/website) reselling a badge they can no longer use.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    For those of you looking to turn to scalpers. Please don't pay more than you have to. Get the Friday and Sunday now and pay 1/3 the scalper price later.

• Options
    ok, so anyway i asked about friday and sunday are they still really good days to go to?

• Options
    I would definitely still go, even if I could only attend Friday and Sunday. Sure Saturday is the main day and has the most going on, but in my opinion you can do more on Friday and Sunday simply because a lot of people either haven't arrived yet or already left. I had just as great a time last year on Friday and Sunday that I did on Saturday.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    all days of pax are good days of pax imo

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    all days of pax are good days of pax imo
    This

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Friday is personally my favorite day, mostly because of the rising hype, but everything is available still and the lines aren't nearly as long as Saturday.

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    ok, so anyway i asked about friday and sunday are they still really good days to go to?

Yes. They're probably the days with the shortest lines too, IMO. If you're not from the area, there are tons of awesome things to do in Boston during the day on Saturday. Plus you can still go to Saturday night parties.

• Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular

Yes. They're probably the days with the shortest lines too, IMO. If you're not from the area, there are tons of awesome things to do in Boston during the day on Saturday. Plus you can still go to Saturday night parties.
    Definitely plenty of places to fill your Saturday up with. Not to mention tons of delicious food to be eaten through out the city >:3

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    ChoujicosplayerChoujicosplayer Cape Cod, MARegistered User regular
    I thankfully got 4 3 day passes right before they sold out. My friends never get theirs so everyone relies on me -_-;

Get some cookies, so you can eat 'em and grow up big and strong and kick Piston in the butt-butt.
  • Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I thankfully got 4 3 day passes right before they sold out. My friends never get theirs so everyone relies on me -_-;

I do the same for my group. We should make a National "I bought the pax badges in my group" Appreciation day.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options

Yeah kinda in the same boat. Then I get ridiculed taht I'm not 'busy' :P

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

I do the same for my group. We should make a National "I bought the pax badges in my group" Appreciation day.
    Can we also have a "I bought the pax badges in my group, except that there are ten of us, and I nearly had a breakdown trying to get two other people to get their buts in gear" support group?

"Yeah, no problem, I'll check every day." GAAAAAAAH! You just don't get it, do you?!?!

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular

Let's make it a support group. It's a bit of a traumatic experience.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I am honestly shocked that Friday and Sunday is still available

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Same here, could south have any play in that?

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    likely, I know a fair bit of my friends are tossing east in favor of going to the first pax south