As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuck but UMass is a damn school man how do they block that off?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2015
    We're flying into Portland and driving down to Boston. Think the snow is going to cause issues there?
    Oregon? ;)

zerzhul on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Maine, smartass!

YL9WnCY.png
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My sister lives in Burlington, VT and told me they have their usual amount of snow but missed the mess in Boston.

Maine might be pretty reasonable, but still some ice and snow.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    if you're driving you should be fine, barring snow the day of your travel. major highways aren't the problem right now.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Maine, smartass!

Portland's fine. My folks live up there and according to them, they've been getting less snow than Boston and they're very good at getting it off the roads. 95 should be clear as well. No worries.

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Brogey wrote: »
    Whoooo! 3 weeks out, and I'm so hyped to see you all again! :o

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

@DrZiplock will you have any free time for festivities this PAX?

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

You should probably get some boots first and foremost. And then probably an elk-skin parka and ice pick and sherpa. Because at the rate we keep getting snow, I don't think there's going to be a city. You'll have to get around by dog sled.

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, there is about 80+ inches on the ground at this point that hasn't gone anywhere since it's fallen since it's never gotten above freezing. The "snow farms" where the snow can be dumped are basically full and we just got like a foot today and it's about -8 outside. And we're supposed to get more Tuesday and possibly next Sunday.

Also, yes, I have an idea for a dinner in the works.

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

We were all on to you after the deathmarch across Boston man

I was preparing you for this. Unbeknownst to you all, I have now trained you for this moment.

Because this time, if the windchill is bad enough, it will be an ACTUAL deathmarch. I expect we shall lose the Florida folks first. In fact I fully expect we'll probably lose Dan to a snowbank in the first 5 minutes and if his hair isn't showing we'll never find him.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

What night are we going to Jillian's? @The Otaku Suppository any ideas for fancy dinner? I'm probably going to freeze to death since I don't have any winter clothes, but I can't wait to see all the snow!

Also, I'm probably staying at the Omni Parker again, so hopefully will be having a Boston Cream every night. *drool*

You should probably get some boots first and foremost. And then probably an elk-skin parka and ice pick and sherpa. Because at the rate we keep getting snow, I don't think there's going to be a city. You'll have to get around by dog sled.

You think I'm kidding, but seriously, there is about 80+ inches on the ground at this point that hasn't gone anywhere since it's fallen since it's never gotten above freezing. The "snow farms" where the snow can be dumped are basically full and we just got like a foot today and it's about -8 outside. And we're supposed to get more Tuesday and possibly next Sunday.

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

I was preparing you for this. Unbeknownst to you all, I have now trained you for this moment.

Because this time, if the windchill is bad enough, it will be an ACTUAL deathmarch. I expect we shall lose the Florida folks first. In fact I fully expect we'll probably lose Dan to a snowbank in the first 5 minutes and if his hair isn't showing we'll never find him.

All I'm hearing is that watching Empire Strikes Back every weekend for twelve years is about to pay dividends.

Still, I guess I need to find a tauntaun/tauntaun-like individual.

[IMG][/img]
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

All I'm hearing is that watching Empire Strikes Back every weekend for twelve years is about to pay dividends.

This sounds like the start of a CSI episode

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    Goose! wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuck but UMass is a damn school man how do they block that off?

Because poor people.

Also, that map isn't entirely accurate. The D line is the only Green Line still running trains, but with "limited" service.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

This sounds like the start of a CSI episode

"And I thought they smelled bad... on the outside."

[IMG][/img]

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

Maybe it would be a better game plan to NOT get us horribly lost

Just a suggestion

I think it was more of trying to find a bar that wasn't stuffed to the gills, and we ended up taking the longish way back to the financial district.

Though I think this year that tactic is probably not the best idea, given the weather and the state of the sidewalks.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Sounds like your best bet would be to hole up in someone's hotel and BYOB.

• DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    If we all form a big pile, and have booze, we can survive the weekend.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad that I got a nice heavy jacket and thermals when I had to go to Ohio last year for work.

I may yet survive this thing.

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I think it was more of trying to find a bar that wasn't stuffed to the gills, and we ended up taking the longish way back to the financial district.

Though I think this year that tactic is probably not the best idea, given the weather and the state of the sidewalks.

It wasn't even that FAR.

DO YOU PEOPLE NEVER WALK ON THE EAST COAST?

This was my internal monologue during the walk.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    walking's like, for pedestrians man

We drive from point a to point b in texas like the founding fathers and Jesus intended.

Quit being so reasonable and nice while I'm making fun of him!

Also I for real need a new winter coat

But all the department stores are ready for spring

Goddamnit Florida

Do not shave or cut your hair, and be toasty in your thick winter coat.

Easily traverse the expo hall by roaring and mauling those that would get in your way.

YL9WnCY.png
    Sheri wrote: »

Goddamnit Florida

Do y'all have a sun and ski sports (or some kind of ski shop equivalent)?

That was the only place I found a decent one in houston. At this time of year stuff starts getting discounted too.

Goddamnit Florida

Amazon!

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I snagged a new coat on a final sale at jcrew.com the other day

Oh maybe check the Norsdstrom Rack or something I bet they got a ton of winter biz to get rid of

I mostly concerned about footwear since DESERT BOOTS don't exactly scream 'winter friendly'

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I'm going to this PAX east thing. Should be fun.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm going to wear sneakers and damn the consequences

Pretty much exactly how I did it when I lived up there

schuss wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'm going to this PAX east thing. Should be fun.

bout time!

Donner, party of 8

He's on to me.

Maybe it would be a better game plan to NOT get us horribly lost

Just a suggestion

For the record, I have never once gotten us lost.

You may have at times, abandoned all hope and denounced your faith, but never at any time did I not know where I was going.

I'm pretty sure I wore them last year, but last year wasn't HothPAX

edited February 2015
    @zerzhul maybe you know this

how many more pax easts are already reserved for march besides this one?

Naphtali on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    March also isn't always this goddamn dire

These are kind of exceptional circumstances

I've been to every East, and this is the first where snow might cause logistical problems.

YL9WnCY.png
    hell it being new england, even april easts could have snow issues

oh dang

PAXEast 2016: The One @stareosarus Can Finally Attend

That means we really got to do this one up good @DHS Odium

oh dang

PAXEast 2016: The One @stareosarus Can Finally Attend

Well she was at like the first or second one, right?