As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    my experience as a warrior in WoD so far (Arms) has been pretty good... don't know how it compared to others, but I am generally able to be pretty reckless with minimal downtime

I refuse to play Fury

Prot feels just as fine as it ever has been.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    bladestorm and shockwave have made aoe tanking in heroics possible for me, don't take them away go away.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    wait you can bladestorm as prot now? finally we are as overpowered at AOE tanking as paladins!

the metamorphosis is complete

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    Also I am mad they made 6 time lost proto drakes with different spawn points so now I gotta camp this garbage out

There's also one that requires a raid and only one mount drops (the other 6 it drops for everyone)

Have fun!

i specifically did not list this one because it has a fast spawn time and the raid requirement just means i can do it in 7.0

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    not sure what to level next from: mage, rogue, dk, warrior, shaman, paladin

both forms of dps shaman are godawful in wod

mage is equally dire

rogue is ok

paladin is great

dk is also great

warriors are godlike
    i chose DK, probably do warr/pally next

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    our 638 geared frost mage (who was amazingly good dps at 90) is doing 4k frostbolts now

he just quit because they ruined his class

• Options
    edited November 2014
    that's a good call, there's no way that balance less than a week into the expansion is indicative of the entire thing, so might as well throw a fit

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    wait you can bladestorm as prot now? finally we are as overpowered at AOE tanking as paladins!

the metamorphosis is complete

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46924/bladestorm

Yup.

Tanking is fun again since Wrath.

Cata and Panda ruined tanking for me, it was so boring and required me to do way too much micromanaging of adds.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    The consecrate that follows me around, it is literally the most amazing thing ever.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    our 638 geared frost mage (who was amazingly good dps at 90) is doing 4k frostbolts now

Wait....how is he 638 already? How is that physically possible when your best bet is like, 636 ish War-forged and maybe a few 640 Epics?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Wait....how is he 638 already? How is that physically possible when your best bet is like, 636 ish War-forged and maybe a few 640 Epics?

680 ring.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The 680 ring adds quite a bit, and there are 665 epics already floating around, though if you decide to wear it instead of selling it you are not a very smart person

• Options
    i've never had a problem with warrior tanking ever in any xpac. i've always felt the lack of something like consecrate or captain america shield was an added level of challenge

and i've been doing just fine without Bladestorm. i mean, I'll use it, because it just makes it that much easier... but I started when there was nothing but thunder clap and demo shout. So I'm used to abuse.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The 680 ring adds quite a bit, and there are 665 epics already floating around, though if you decide to wear it instead of selling it you are not a very smart person

and imagine popping one of those boe epics on a frost mage

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Classes change patch to patch. Mages especially. I've played a mage since Classic and it's ping-ponged all around the different specs because the availability of certain stats or breakpoints varies. If someone drops the class entirely because one spec got hurt then they're throwing a hissyfit for no reason.

Hell, I love DW Frost for DK. My favorite spec in MoP because it was all nuts all the time and even if I couldn't put out as much raw DPS as some classes I loved playing this class so much that I excelled on the charts. When I found out that Frost for WoD, both versions, were going to be subpar while Unholy was the new top spec I swapped over and got to know it. DK is the class I love and I will roll whatever spec I need to keep playing one.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Monks apparently own, just play Monk. What bad things could happen?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that's a good call, there's no way that balance less than a week into the expansion is indicative of the entire thing, so might as well throw a fit

I mean look at hunters in pandas. They were awful dps at the beginning and in 2 years...

Wait

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I mean look at hunters in pandas. They were awful dps at the beginning and in 2 years...

Wait

I feel like we're missing the obvious "everything is hunter gear" from BC and Vanilla that counter-acts that.

Plus they were amazing in Wrath.

• Options

Wait

well, with you dragging down the average

• Options
    Hunters were incredible in Siege. Regularly one of the top DPS classes.

• Options

Wait

Are you sure it was hunters and not just you

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    We get raids in 2 weeks. Relax, level some alts, play something else a bit.

It's dumb they didn't just open Highmaul now but you also leveled reeeeeeally fast.

I wish they'd reinstate the heirloom vendors they took out, with apexis as the cost or whatever

I wanna level my shaman as enhancement and I need weapons so like, since there isn't an agi hammer or axe in the pvp looms I'd have to do argent tournament dailies

In the time it takes to grind that weapon you could probably just level up.

Well by that I mean i just don't get them and don't really want to level with poor mans shit

Nobody actually should grind icecrown dailies im just saying it would be the only way which is silly when we have 2 new types of currency we could use to buy them

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I looked it up and marks hunter is actually supposed to be one of the top dps now

Unholy also apparently is better than feral but too late I'm comitted now

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    The consecrate that follows me around, it is literally the most amazing thing ever.

I like chucking concecrates with the other glyph. But I was a BrM tank in MoP, so I need those hot Dizzying Haze keg throws in some format.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    man doing ashran on cho'gall is the easiest thing in the world

I already have all of the important pieces of pvp gear including a 2 hander and I did it in like 3 hours total, if that

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I see hunters routinely do very well ATM

I also feel I've been putting in work myself but I dunno how much of that is me and how much of that is the randos I get grouped with

I will say that permanent terrorguard is gr8 as is it's constant laughter when I press any of my buttons that has petattack macro'd to it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Huntera wrote: »

I already have all of the important pieces of pvp gear including a 2 hander and I did it in like 3 hours total, if that

It is disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

• Options

swoon

what set is this, are we talking about like... the full conquest gladiators set? or is it a different level

• Options
    Radius wrote: »

It is disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

the only time I've ever been happy to be on cho'gall

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

I like chucking concecrates with the other glyph. But I was a BrM tank in MoP, so I need those hot Dizzying Haze keg throws in some format.

Yeah that was what I used before. But being able to pick up mobs by running near them is way better than trying to situate my camera and click on the ground.

• Options

swoon

what set is this, are we talking about like... the full conquest gladiators set? or is it a different level

the 620/600 primal gladiator blues

my pants are item level 666 because they are warforged. Satan's pants.

• Options
    once server pop dies down a little, CRZ should pretty much be auto-rebalancing Ashran tho right?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ashran on beta was a lot of fun.

Ashran on live where horde rarely gets to leave the base is not so much. Ogre King might as well be an alliance only mob.

• Options
    i still don't really know what ashran is

i went there and killed a river monster once and left, after seeing zero other people

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'd count myself in as one more person who is instantly hating healing this xpac. I had gone in planning on sticking to heals as my main but there's "challenging" and then there's "out of mana every other trash pull." If people wonder why queues for dps are an hour right now, that's the main reason. It also doesn't help that so many pug tanks are still in the mindset of "pull everything between here and the boss, it will be fine."

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I'd count myself in as one more person who is instantly hating healing this xpac. I had gone in planning on sticking to heals as my main but there's "challenging" and then there's "out of mana every other trash pull." If people wonder why queues for dps are an hour right now, that's the main reason. It also doesn't help that so many pug tanks are still in the mindset of "pull everything between here and the boss, it will be fine."

I haven't done any of the 100 dungeons yet, but in Skyreach at least if DPS is doing their job on interrupts and tanks are pulling one group at a time I was able to keep my mana up.

The biggest thing is that dps need to learn to interrupt and to stay out of shit again.

I'm glad I've been doing the healer/tank combo with a friend or I might not be enjoying it as much.

• Options

??? is this at level 100? Can't say I'm there yet but so far the mid-90's dungeons I've tanked, the healer has been awash in mana and hasn't had to stop except for like quadruple pulls

The queues on Cho-Gall are defo tank bound, as I am pretty much insta-queue as Prot

• Options
    Speaking as a rogue.

Let me sap things, healers and tanks.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I miss sappin

• Options

??? is this at level 100? Can't say I'm there yet but so far the mid-90's dungeons I've tanked, the healer has been awash in mana and hasn't had to stop except for like quadruple pulls

The queues on Cho-Gall are defo tank bound, as I am pretty much insta-queue as Prot

Yeah level 100 dungeons, are very bursty to the point where you can't anticipate it and basically need to plunge heals all the time on the tank. I was popping cooldowns on trash, that's how hard they hit, even with CC and interrupts.

For instance the trash in the ner'zhul instance hits like a fucking truck and we had to pop lay on hands on a normal pull because the healer was having a hard time getting me back up after the large hits. And I'm sitting at 611 gear. Even with cooldowns.

This isn't even a heroic.

Shamans seem to have the easiest time so far.

This discussion has been closed.