As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Once I get that Lumber Mill follower I think I'm gonna tear it down for a trading post.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Once I get that Lumber Mill follower I think I'm gonna tear it down for a trading post.

doesn't that follower require a level 3 lumber mill?

edited November 2014
    Huntera wrote: »

doesn't that follower require a level 3 lumber mill?

I didn't say it was a good idea.

Counting out the Spirit Lodge and the Gearworks which are basically useless, the other building still offer actual rewards.

Do I really want a barn? No.

Do I want a tiny pet cow? Yes.

Radius on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    WoW Community:

I know how much everyone was looking forward to this expansion, and once you were able to get in and start having fun, all the comments I've seen indicate that this is one of our best yet. But the quality of the content does not excuse the subpar launch experience we delivered, and I apologize for that.

The first two days of the expansion were not a great experience, with many of you facing high queues or significant gameplay problems. We worked around the clock to tackle the demand issues and technical challenges, and fortunately things started looking better on Saturday. While millions of you were able to get in and play over the weekend, with many already reaching level 100, others still ran into very lengthy queues, particularly on the highest-population realms.

To help address this, we’ve expanded the new instancing tech we used to improve queues on Saturday and we’re continuing the process of applying that to raise the capacity of all realms again. This will result in approximately double the prelaunch capacity on each realm, which should greatly reduce queue times for most realms if not eliminate queues altogether.

In recognition of the difficulties so many of you ran into when trying to play over the first few days, we're adding five days’ worth of extra time to every subscription in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe that was active as of Friday, November 14. Things are already in a much better place than they were going into the weekend, so I hope you’ll now be able to focus on having a ton of fun with this expansion.

I also hope you'll accept my apology and keep your faith in us. The support voiced by many of you as we worked through the challenges was immensely appreciated. We're extremely grateful to be part of such a passionate community. We love World of Warcraft, and we're very proud of this expansion, so stumbling out of the gates like this was very disappointing for all of us.

On behalf of the World of Warcraft development team, as well as everyone at Blizzard, thank you all again for your patience and understanding.

See you in Draenor.

Sincerely,
    J. Allen Brack
    Executive Producer, World of Warcraft

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If Necrotic Plague was a bit better it'd be fantastic for Unholy, because we love RP to empower our ghoul.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Yes, it is tank only.

I.E. for DKs.

Who are tanks.

Only.

DK's have the absolute best class item in Ashran. The Sigil of Dark Simulacrum may look kind of meh, but if you get the right spell then things get very nuts very fast. For example, what do you think happened when I used Dark Simulacrum on that fire rare elite in King's Rest while carrying the artifact?

Instacast, no CD, no cost, 400K damage apiece Lava Bursts. I singlehandedly eradicated the entire Horde raid there last night, which was about fifteen people.

edited November 2014
    Madican wrote: »
    DK's have the absolute best class item in Ashran. The Sigil of Dark Simulacrum may look kind of meh, but if you get the right spell then things get very nuts very fast. For example, what do you think happened when I used Dark Simulacrum on that fire rare elite in King's Rest while carrying the artifact?

Instacast, no CD, no cost, 400K damage apiece Lava Bursts. I singlehandedly eradicated the entire Horde raid there last night, which was about fifteen people.

Sorry the best class item is the Pickpocket one that lets you steal 5-6 Artifact Fragments from opposing players.

Holy shit, my bad. that is the minimum you need to steal from them. You can steal up to 18 or so apparently.

I am also getting reports that yes, this does in fact take them out of the other players inventory.

Radius on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    This expansion is probably the best thing that's happened to wow in a while.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Sorry the best class item is the Pickpocket one that lets you steal 5-6 Artifact Fragments from opposing players.

Holy shit, my bad. that is the minimum you need to steal from them. You can steal up to 18 or so apparently.

I am also getting reports that yes, this does in fact take them out of the other players inventory.

wait, what?

I'm not a pvper, but maybe I need to start pvping on my rogue.

Bobble wrote: »

wait, what?

I'm not a pvper, but maybe I need to start pvping on my rogue.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114843 drops from rare mobs in Ashran, pretty common for rogues too since it's green. Then you just start rolling in honor.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Jesus stealing my currency? That's rough.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Just stay in Stealth all day, following someone farming mobs and wondering why their artifact numbers never seem to be going up.

bowen wrote: »
    Jesus stealing my currency? That's rough.

I have wanted this for ten goddamn years.

• MadicanMadican
    pickpockets 21 silver from you.

No face Registered User regular
    pickpockets 21 silver from you.

Wait what? This forum has that kind of post available?

gettin them bronze challenge modes

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Wait what? This forum has that kind of post available?

What have you done?!

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Haha, stumbling onto hidden features is the best.

Looking at the Ashran books, it appears only druids and rogues have two potential books while the rest of the classes only have one. I wonder if they'll add more as the expansion goes on.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    If you do Iron Docks make sure to kill Skulloc last, as if you do it in any other way it doesn't generate loot.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD!

377422.jpg

Guess I'm finally going to grind out a pet team.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Is powerleveling a thing? I've previously played through Wrath, and I'd kinda like to not have to redo 80 (?) levels of stuff I already know and start where Cata picks up since I'm unfamiliar with that and beyond.

Is this possible, or is it just so overly annoying to the high level person it's not worth my asking? :)

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It is not a thing.

theres a cute little bird in your garrison called pepé

if you can catch and click him you get a tiny bird on your head for an hour

thats the best thing about wod so far

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Pepe is why I have my helm graphic disabled.

And always will.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I am actually feeling pretty happy with how my DK ended up looking after wandering around questing and picking up whatevers from everywhere else.
    gHTAc34.jpg

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yeah, they did really good with the looks of the leveling gear.

I'm considering keeping what my character is wearing right now around as a transmog set.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    not able to log in currently... just gets stuck in loading screen

rhylith wrote: »
    It is not a thing.

Poop.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Since I've been playing low level characters, I have realized something: I get excited about WoW because of the Warcraft setting and plot and aesthetic, but I find the actual gameplay very tedious. When designing the game, if Blizzard had done everything the same except that they based the combat system on Diablo instead of on Everquest I think it would be my perfect game.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    This expansion is probably the best thing that's happened to wow in a while.

I'm worried about the lastability

Currently I've got nothing much to do at 100 except the crystal daily and hunting down rares/treasures using handynotes to keep my supply of resources afloat. And, of course, my daily profession cooldowns.

The factions all require pure grinding, and are therefore uninteresting to me until a much higher ilevel when it will be easier to do so, and don't really have super appealing rewards anyway.

I could do dungeons, but there really isn't any reason to since justice and valor are gone and the replacement for justice (crystals) don't drop in dungeons. It would literally just to be passing the time with nothing to show for it but minimal gold.

They've tried to fix the grindy nature of MoP, which I love, but I don't know if they've replaced it with anything, leaving something of a void outside of assigning garrison missions and doing the single daily.

I don't really want 50 dailies to do every single day, but I dunno. Even just a reason to chain dungeons would be cool. Give a small crystal reward or something.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Yeah, they did really good with the looks of the leveling gear.

I'm considering keeping what my character is wearing right now around as a transmog set.

I've transmogged all my stuff to the first set of quest gear you get in Draenor!

mkc.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been keeping a bunch of quest gear for use as Transmog even though I haven't replaced a single piece of gear from MoP with quest stuff yet (just my alch trinket so far). The mail Frostwolf stuff in particular looks fantastic.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Beasteh wrote: »
    theres a cute little bird in your garrison called pepé

if you can catch and click him you get a tiny bird on your head for an hour

no the best thing is my farm dog showing back up in my garrison

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Is it raid yet?

mkc.png
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

I don't really want 50 dailies to do every single day, but I dunno. Even just a reason to chain dungeons would be cool. Give a small crystal reward or something.

this is why i wish heroics rewarded apexis crystals or garrison resources

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    blood elf ladies need to eat a sandwich or something

BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Have they said when they're going to get around to updating the blood elf models yet?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    One thing I do appreciate from the leveling gear on my Paladin is that it seems to have a secondary int stat so when I switch into healing spec for instances I have the gear ready to go.

It used to just be me getting Rey gear to level and then scrounging for whatever scraps of healing gear I could put together when I hit max level. Doing it this way is much nicer.

This discussion has been closed.