As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gul'dan! Kargath! Blackhand! Tito! Lorahalo! Regis! Derrick! [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cos it looks cool

I mean, how often are you actually focused on your weapons and armor during a raid

It's not about what you can actively see all the time, it is just about knowing it is there.

My DW mog is Scimitar of the Sirocco and I leave a fire trail everywhere I move. My 2H mog is a lightning katana constantly sparking. I can see my weapons while fighting and that makes mogging them worthwhile.

On my casters? Eh. On my druid? What's the point. On my monk? Shiny pair of axes and...nope just using fists again.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    It is of course.going to be different for everyone but for my part I barely even pay attention to the fact my character is made of polygonal shapes while raiding.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Druid transmog is essential so you can be sleek and sexy both in and out of forms

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I can't very much focus on my own model too much while trying to raid most times.

Sometimes you get to admire you impending demise. When tectus traps me behind a mountain range sometimes I just watch myself sprint around the mountains. Most times though I am frantically trying to figure out how quickest to get back to the tanks to heal em'.

It would be nice if caster animations incorporated weapons occasionally. Pointing your staff at an enemy and having channeled spells like arcane missiles and penance come out of the weapon would be neat. Something like that.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I've been disc this entire xpac and I prefer its playstyle a lot over holy. For whatever reason I just can't get over the single target heals being so weak on holy. I'm sure it compensates just fine but after having been disc for a few xpacs it's a hard switch.

Switching from Holy to Disc, what would be my biggest change when healing instances? I can't imagine ever doing a raid, so I'd be doing only 5 mans until I hit 100 (currently 98, so take that as you will).

• Options
    I tend to pay attention to my toon more than the boss because as melee the only thing I see of the boss is their ass for the most part.

• Options
    Toon?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    if you could transmog swords/axes/maces into fist weapons think of all the Warriors and Death Knights that would be jacking our agi weapon style

i think their pain is worth the price

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    You can't transmog anything you can't equip. So sadly I'll never be able to transmog my sword into a staff as a DK.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    if you could transmog swords/axes/maces into fist weapons think of all the Warriors and Death Knights that would be jacking our agi weapon style

i think their pain is worth the price

death knights can't use fist weapons so we couldn't transmog them even if that were the case

• Options
    rogues should be able to transmog their weapons into ranged weapons.

sinister strike with a crossbow.

ambush with a shotgun.

fan of knives with arrows.

• Options

ambush with a shotgun.

you want to play a hunter, is all I'm hearing here

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    A hunter dual wielding ranged weapons, yes

• Options
    Huntera wrote: »

ambush with a shotgun.

you want to play a hunter, is all I'm hearing here

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/cho'gall/shinobu

• Options
    Why would I even play this game if they don't allow.me to dual weild bows in every class

• Options
    Why would I even play this game if they don't allow.me to dual weild bows in every class

i'm waiting for the next expansion when gladiator is turned into a whole spec + removes ability to use weapons and instead you dual wield shields and bash people 24/7

and then I'll level a warrior and never look back

• Options
    wow, right on time, i just got my mythic highmaul mission

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    one of their attacks does make them pick up their weapons and swing... I believe it's Jab, but there's a glyph to turn it off because RP

yes, jab hits with the weapon. i don't use the glyph.

i mean if they want to just make monks use their fists and not use weapons that could be interesting but as long as we use weapons i want the coolest transmogs.

does anyone know a fist weapon that would work with a natureish leaf-green/treebark brown theme?

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Interestingly I just finally got a fist weapon transmog that really like for my Monk, really plain and small, barely noticeable really.

My ultimate transmog goal for him is to look like any other generic NPC civilian.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    one of their attacks does make them pick up their weapons and swing... I believe it's Jab, but there's a glyph to turn it off because RP

yes, jab hits with the weapon. i don't use the glyph.

i mean if they want to just make monks use their fists and not use weapons that could be interesting but as long as we use weapons i want the coolest transmogs.

does anyone know a fist weapon that would work with a natureish leaf-green/treebark brown theme?

i just looked through a model gallery on wowhead and these

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91749/malevolent-gladiators-render
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=109075/abberants-paw
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94098/dull-hawktalons

were the only wooden ones I could find

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Not very green @Adus but http://www.wowhead.com/item=40704/pride is very much made of wood!

Also when the HELL did wowhead start using ads that somehow get through my adblock?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    They use a lot of video ads too

Shit is super annoying

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Man that guy with the numbers is on the case again.

Now there is not only a an update chart, but one that shows how you could use a second dps spec to take the best spec for each fight and where that would rank you.

Also apparently the glory of the demo lock has come? My favorite spec in the game since day one (too bad my lock is on another server)

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2sgjj5/dps_specialization_spread_in_highmaul_1142015/

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    mythic highmaul mission came back with haste ring from risemountains

fucking awesome

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've almost got my Goggles. Just about 2 more days or so.

Also level 96.

Once I hit 100 what is the easiest way to make like 10k gold not involving the auction house preferably. I need to get 29 living steel still.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Cata Raids. If you never did them before on normal though, you cant do the super profitable 25H ones. But you prolly wouldnt have the ilvl for it right away either.

But all the Cata normal raids should be about 3-4k in a week.

• Options
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I've been disc this entire xpac and I prefer its playstyle a lot over holy. For whatever reason I just can't get over the single target heals being so weak on holy. I'm sure it compensates just fine but after having been disc for a few xpacs it's a hard switch.

Switching from Holy to Disc, what would be my biggest change when healing instances? I can't imagine ever doing a raid, so I'd be doing only 5 mans until I hit 100 (currently 98, so take that as you will).
    I *loathe* healing 5-mans. The proportion of people taking damage that they shouldn't be in a 5-man is far higher than in a raid, imo.

The healing strategy for disc is still just keep people shielded that are going to be taking damage, penance on the tank on every cooldown, keep mending up, fill in with heal and flash heal as necessary. Use pain suppression when the tank is going to take big damage so you don't fall behind on the group for healing. Use PW:barrier any time the group is going to be taking damage grouped up.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

this is the greatest website of 2015

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    mythic highmaul mission came back with haste ring from risemountains

fucking awesome

My luck so far has been 2 pairs of boots and a neck piece that all have worse secondary stats than my 645 pieces.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm going to flip if I get mythic bracken spore shoulders

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Now there is not only a an update chart, but one that shows how you could use a second dps spec to take the best spec for each fight and where that would rank you.

Also apparently the glory of the demo lock has come? My favorite spec in the game since day one (too bad my lock is on another server)

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2sgjj5/dps_specialization_spread_in_highmaul_1142015/

no idea where all these mega Arms parses come from

i cannot get the spec to work at all

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    I'm going to flip if I get mythic bracken spore shoulders

at least it's a different transmog

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

Tectus, Bracken and Twins. Cleave your fuckin heart out. On a single target they're slightly breaking average but are crazy high on anything with more than 1 target.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    my highmaul loot mission came back

mythic pants, i finally got the fukkin savagely epic achievement

it's unfortunate there's only a single pair of pants in highmaul, since the secondaries are garbo, but hey i will absolutely take this

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options

Guy says it himself, the parses are coming from rankings in the 80th percentile and up. It has little to no bearing on anyone below that, because they don't play at the same level as the ones who rank that high.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular

it's unfortunate there's only a single pair of pants in highmaul, since the secondaries are garbo, but hey i will absolutely take this

Weren't you hoping for pants from Ko'ragh?

• Options
    Dys wrote: »

Weren't you hoping for pants from Ko'ragh?

when i was doing lfr earlier, yeah

outside of LFR, margok is the only source of leather pants in highmaul

and since i got a LFR chest off tectus, pants was the last slot i had that was sub 640. mythic loot chest bringing back pants was the most ideal scenario as far as ilevel is concerned, and only a trinket would have probably been better dps wise, so i'm pretty happy about it.

still would have been nice if highmaul was better itemized, but this was basically the ideal roll from that chest for my current gear situation

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    good to have less competition on the pants as that's my worst slot too, but yeah the secondary stats could be better.

zay on the topic of loot i considered rolling on the tectus staff as a joke but i figured if i "won" you'd brutally murder me before i could say i was kidding

• Options
    oh there's not a single pair of pants outside of crafted ones with crit on them

i guess i will have to cherish this pair forever

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.