As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ooooohhhhhhhh god buildings tall enough to make me queasy again
    There's that old AC2 magic

I'm not sure anything will ever top the Acre cathedral climb from AC1.

altair climbed so slowly and meticulously that getting to the top felt like an accomplishment, the series has only been getting faster since then

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    It appears the victim was stabbed in the chest with a large bladed object, like the one I have strapped to my back and that nobody else in France seems to use. Did I mention the large spear strapped to my back in a totally inconspicuous way?

Clearly the butler did it.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How great would it be if one of the murders you solve had you as the perp

You see chief, my theory is that he was running along and saw a red outline on them and thought fuck it, assassinated them in broad daylight and just kept running to a chest that was lying around which no one else had opened.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    And then, looking at these footprints, he randomly jumped on this here apple crate, swore loudly and ran off again.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I love love love that I can buy and upgrade and swap all my gear out from the menu whenever I want

How in the hell are rifles non-lethal
    and why would I want that anyway

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    When you equip a rifle, it takes up your melee weapon slot too. So the butt of your rifle count as non-lethal.

Non-lethal just means they roll on the ground dying, rather than just outright dying.

Because I'm pretty sure hitting someone in the chest with a non-lethal spiked mace is gonna be just as lethal as a blade.

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    When you equip a rifle, it takes up your melee weapon slot too. So the butt of your rifle count as non-lethal.

Wait but do they still die if I shoot them

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Wait but do they still die if I shoot them

Yes. Very much so.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Oh okay well then that's all I needed to know

Wait, rifles take up the melee slot too? Good thing I chose pistol I guess.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, rifles take up the melee slot too? Good thing I chose pistol I guess.

Yes it acts as both. You can draw it like a sword and beat people with it then fire it at people at way father range than the pistols.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I mean sure, beating templars with a rifle sounds like fun but they give you so many melee toys that it feels wrong to not go with one of those + pistol instead.

The man running round in the purple leather coat and murdering people with the big shiny spear is just a normal citizen of France
    Pay him no mind

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The musket ass whooping animations are so fucking good that I totally want a weapon that is just an empty rifle stock, you bust people UP

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    rifles are subjectively the best weapon in the game

PNk1Ml4.png
    What spots are causing the worst framerate drops for people
    I had one hitch running along the top of Saint Chappelle but it's been smooth otherwise

In 'High Plains Drifter' Clint Eastwood gracefully busts up some goons with either a rifle stock or an axe handle and Unity brings the vivid flashbacks

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

He definitely beats wholesale ass with an axe handle in Pale Rider

unity sequence 6
    geez is mirabeau still not dead yet

these two sequences take place over like two days

PNk1Ml4.png
    Definitely Pale Rider I meant

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Every time I go to a midnight release at GameStop, the people present make me reevaluate my interest in the hobby

Thing I overheard tonight: "If you like Battlefield 4, you gotta check out Assassin's Creed."

Prowler gear, Wildfire dye job, spear
    Hi, I'm Oberyn Martell

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Every time I go to a midnight release at GameStop, the people present make me reevaluate my interest in the hobby

Thing I overheard tonight: "If you like Battlefield 4, you gotta check out Assassin's Creed."

Well I mean there are guns in both, so

I actually am rather bothered by the constant revolutionary thugs

PNk1Ml4.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Maybe it's a joke about how buggy it is?

Because they both star white protagonists

the coop is fun but it's super weird how bishop is giving you objectives like this isn't just a computer simulation of things that already happened 200 years ago

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    i guess i can continue to talk about far cry here

Hey Far Cry 4 is excellent

6F32U1X.png
    every time there's a cutscene in the assassin base the merchant keeps saying "hello arno" "good day arno" "arno" the whole time

PNk1Ml4.png
    unity sequence 7
    what happens if you accuse the people who obviously didn't do it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The climax of sequence 9 is the silliest thing an AC game has ever, ever done

oh hey the Chevalier d'Eon is in ac unity

but, uh, why did they give her such a deep voice

PNk1Ml4.png

Without spoilers, is this good silly, or bad silly?

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

That's quite a claim.

Okay well
    Let's try muskets then

hm yes unity keeps making "man or woman???" jokes around the Chevalier d'Eon and appears to just portray her as a man in a dress

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    hm yes unity keeps making "man or woman???" jokes around the Chevalier d'Eon and appears to just portray her as a man in a dress

Wait, did the Chevalier d'Eon identify as a woman?

I thought it was still up in the air, historically speaking

This discussion has been closed.