As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassin's Creed: Origins - out now!

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I can't really say why without spoiling a big secret.

SPOILERS
    Societal pressures and expectations can totally force an asexual person into sexual situations

There's no reason he couldn't be both asexual and still continue the family line leading to Lydia

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well, given the game takes place in a rather short period of time and as far as I can tell there isn't much opportunity presented through the narrative to support that assumption either way.

I'd say "Eh..."

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I actually beat the game (100%) this morning. Took me exactly 70 hours.

I have lots of thoughts about the game but I'll save that for after Thanksgiving.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    How do you know your playtime?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    How do you know your playtime?

I had the permanent XP boost from the gold version, which comes in auto-renewing 10 hour expirations. When I 100%ed the game, I had 1:30 left on my seventh refresh of of the XP boost. There was an aggregate 1:30 over my entire playthrough where the XP boost had temporarily reverted to a non-expiring one before it renewed it a 10 hour expiration. So the 68.5 hours tracked over seven 10 hour expirations + the 1.5 hours I manually counted.

TL;DR: I'm OCD and crazy.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    zOhxFJP.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I may have spent a little too much time playing the Fight Clubs. I'm still halfway through Sequence 4, and Jacob and Evie are level 9.
    And Evie's wearing a magical static-covered coat from millenia ago.
    This happens to me every AC game, as soon as the world opens up, I can't go after the main missions until I max out everything I've got.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Evie is the star of the Jack the Ripper DLC, taking place 20 years after the main game, and after she has been living in India for some time

Nothing yet rules out that Jacob is the Ripper

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Evie is the star of the Jack the Ripper DLC, taking place 20 years after the main game, and after she has been living in India for some time

Nothing yet rules out that Jacob is the Ripper

You made me think it was out so I rushed over to check but now I am downloading some victorian legends costume pack. This thing is 2 gigs! Must be some costumes!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I fell off halfway through this cause Every Other Game came out

The thing most making me want to go back is honestly the crime-solving

6F32U1X.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I fell off halfway through this cause Every Other Game came out

The thing most making me want to go back is honestly the crime-solving

They're all SO GOOD

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting to finish up Fallout 4 before I dive into this, as I know for a fact that I cannot juggle two beastly maps simultaneously

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The London map is certainly slimmed down from Paris, at least as far as collectibles go
    I think space-wise it might be bigger
    It's very manageable though

london is both larger and more collectible-filled than paris, though this is not immediately apparent because the rope launcher and carriages let you get around much faster and they don't immediately dump all the collectible icons on the map

PNk1Ml4.png
    assassin's creed chronicles india is coming january and assassin's creed chronicles russia is coming february

PNk1Ml4.png
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Does jacob come off as asexual to anyone else

He shows 0 romantic or sexual interest in anyone which is quite rare for a young male protagonist

Neither did Connor or Altair (during AC1 that is)

"Asexual" doesn't necessarily equate to "has a story not involving a romantic partner."

Guess I should play that copy of China I bought months back

edited December 2015
    Ratonhnhake:ton leered at that woman's ass and Altair had that whole thing with Adha

These are small things, but Jacob's lack of even small things is what I'm talking about, not just the lack of a love interest

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I dunno, I thought it felt like he was kinda flirting with Ms. Attaway.
    You know, up until he found out who she really was and stabbed her in the neck.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    See I felt impressed by how platonic their relationship was

PNk1Ml4.png
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Ratonhnhake:ton leered at that woman's ass and Altair had that whole thing with Adha

These are small things, but Jacob's lack of even small things is what I'm talking about, not just the lack of a love interest

That's why I said during AC1; all those elements of Altair were put in after the first game. The scene you mention in ACIII I seriously don't remember at all, but I'll of course take your word for it.

But with the latter, if you're saying there aren't even examples of Jacob having any sexual interest or innuendo, I mean... there's all of Sequence 5.

Adha was referenced during AC1, the AC3 scene happens the first time he goes to Boston

I genuinely did not find Jacob and Pearl to be flirtatious

PNk1Ml4.png
    Syndicate is 50% off, any platform, on Amazon today.

That's surprisingly soon, and makes me pretty amped I held off on the pre-order.

Sales must be not great

PNk1Ml4.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Syndicate is 50% off, any platform, on Amazon today.

That's surprisingly soon, and makes me pretty amped I held off on the pre-order.

And here I was hovering my finger over the GMG 43% off deal.

Glad I didn't jump on that!

IKknkhU.gif

Total opposite for me; one of the things I was really impressed by in Syndicate's engine was how they animated a lot of really good mannerisms in body language and facial expressions.

I totally read
    Alexander Graham Bell as having a crush on Evie too in the way he talked to her versus Jacob.

Total opposite for me; one of the things I was really impressed by in Syndicate's engine was how they animated a lot of really good mannerisms in body language and facial expressions.

I totally read
    Alexander Graham Bell as having a crush on Evie too in the way he talked to her versus Jacob.
    oh yeah bell is totally fitzin' for evie and she is aware of it

Similarly, roth was clearly into jacob from the start and Henry and evie kicked it off early

Jacob seemed to consider pearl and roth friends

PNk1Ml4.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sales must be not great

Probably. Unity kind of hurt the brand and it'd already been losing steam.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Sales must be not great

To be devil's advocate here, I got Dragon Age Inquisition on a $35 Gold Box deal like a month after it came out too.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Sales must be not great

If true then thank god. Maybe they will finally attempt something new now instead of the usual formulaic paste. Like the next "Black Flag" of the series.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Ubisoft are pretty good at offering steep discounts early - the last two Far Crys were on sale the Christmas after they came out, as well as Unity.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    I wonder what ashraf ismail is doing right now, I should hope AC 2016

PNk1Ml4.png
    Sales must be not great

If true then thank god. Maybe they will finally attempt something new now instead of the usual formulaic paste. Like the next "Black Flag" of the series.

Even if they did it wouldn't be done in a year

Also Syndicate is fantastic

Oh man I love this game

I love Green, I love Evie, I love Clara, I love Abberline

This entry has made the strongest first impression on me in I think the whole run of the series

Oh man I love this game

This entry has made the strongest first impression on me in I think the whole run of the series

Jacob is also there

6F32U1X.png
    Oh man I love this game

Jacob is also there

He is certainly present

(I don't hate him, or anything - he's just not as dope as everyone else)

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, Syndicate for $40 (australian exchange rates) is pretty tempting. Anyone want to sell me on the game even more?

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    So, Syndicate for $40 (australian exchange rates) is pretty tempting. Anyone want to sell me on the game even more?

Do you wish you could be Lady Batman of Victorian London?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    yeah alright good job

edited December 2015
    ah bugger, offer just ran out

edit: well, gmg has it, so that's good

Lalabox on
This discussion has been closed.