As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2015 - Vendors/Exhibitors/Panels

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Always willing to Spread Rumors: Some of the big names were asked not to return due to their inability to keep the walkways in front of their booths flowing in an acceptable manner. It was a 20-30 minute fight to get from one side of RIOT games booth and I think someone got in trouble for the Fire Hazard this caused and they clamped down on the exhibitors that did not listen to them when they asked them to do things that would ease the crowd congestion. I for one am celebrating greatly that certain companies are missing. But then again the ones I want, are all there, so I may be a selfish prick

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Always willing to Spread Rumors: Some of the big names were asked not to return due to their inability to keep the walkways in front of their booths flowing in an acceptable manner. It was a 20-30 minute fight to get from one side of RIOT games booth and I think someone got in trouble for the Fire Hazard this caused and they clamped down on the exhibitors that did not listen to them when they asked them to do things that would ease the crowd congestion. I for one am celebrating greatly that certain companies are missing. But then again the ones I want, are all there, so I may be a selfish prick

While this may be the case for Riot...I really, really can't see this being a reason that say, 2K, Bethesda and Ubi aren't here. It's more likely due to timing issues (in regards to GDC and the fact they may not have anything ready for general consumption) than anything.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular

I'm in the same boat. Everyone I care about is there and my favorite at the moment (Square Enix) has one of the largest booths in the place. While I know many people get excited for AAA games, I am long past being interested in them. After so many disappointing titles and DRM problems, I'm just not into it any more. Give me a lot of indies and some of the bigger guys that I'm interested in and I'm happy. This exhibition hall layout definitely has everything I want.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    BinaryPie wrote: »
    koolaroo wrote: »
    So ACAM isn't going to be there this year from what I hear but I still see the "classic arcade" on the map any idea what that is or who might be running it?

I was curious about that too. Anybody know?

I was wondering about this too. This is one of the best parts of the convention!

• Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    While this may be the case for Riot...I really, really can't see this being a reason that say, 2K, Bethesda and Ubi aren't here. It's more likely due to timing issues (in regards to GDC and the fact they may not have anything ready for general consumption) than anything.

IDK, 2k, with the Evolve setup last year, was also a crowd gatherer.

I'm not saying the reasoning presented is 100% correct, but....there you go.

pilferk on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    They could also be in the tabletop area- since it appears they don't list the vendors/layout of that.

I can safely tell you that is not the case.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    shepdshepd Registered User regular
    The only thing I can think of that the Bethesda booth caused was some consternation regarding fire exits with the long lines. But it didn't get in the way of people at PAX, and a 1 or 2 person "thick" line in front of a fire exit is the absolute least fire concern I can think of. Wish they were there. Probably nothing to talk about coming from them, though.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    "If you have 2 legs and are flammable you're never blocking a fire exit"

My money is on the closeness to gdc over anything

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Indie Megabooth put out their detailed list on what games will be playable in their area.
    Check it out here.

• Options
    millerm277millerm277 Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    They could also be in the tabletop area- since it appears they don't list the vendors/layout of that.

It appears it is the case. From the Indie Megabooth page under Tabletop: "Occupying a whopping 600 square feet, we are partnering with our dear friends at Cards Against Humanity to bring you a veritable cavalcade of wonderment."

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    millerm277 wrote: »
    whypick1 wrote: »

It appears it is the case. From the Indie Megabooth page under Tabletop: "Occupying a whopping 600 square feet, we are partnering with our dear friends at Cards Against Humanity to bring you a veritable cavalcade of wonderment."
    CAH is just sponsoring the space, they are not showcasing there, as evidenced by the full list of games that will be on display in the Tabletop section of the Megabooth.

revengeanceful on
  • Options
    funkyfunky Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if you can buy consoles/handhelds and things from vendor booths? I remember computer components being available last year, but I've been thinking about picking up a 3DS and I'm wondering if Nintendo might be selling them. Thoughts?

• Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    No I don't think Nintendo sells
    funky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy consoles/handhelds and things from vendor booths? I remember computer components being available last year, but I've been thinking about picking up a 3DS and I'm wondering if Nintendo might be selling them. Thoughts?
    No I don't think Nintendo sells at there booth. There are some vendors that might have older consoles, but not newer ones, and if they do have newer ones, they will be over priced.

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    Any idea when Nintendo will announce their PAX Line up?

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular

Riot and 2K did need a slap on the wrist for the massive crowds that gathered. I played LoL a bit for a while, but not at the level it is at PAX. I always felt bad for the booths around Riot, because I avoided that area like the plague.

I don't think Bethesda really has much to show right now, so I'm glad they aren't going to be there. Last year seemed like a lot of AAA titles that we already new about of what have you. Maybe the same goes for Ubisoft. Plus, it's nice to see a bit of mix.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    If you read the post on the Riot blog it appears they're focusing on tournament events. As a F2P game, having a booth that looks like a mosh pit may seem cool, but how many actual dollars in sales does it generate vs the cost of one of the really expensive PAX booths. It's probably not a good business strategy to do it every time.

As for the other AAA's it was like this 2 years back, there were only a couple of big studios at East, because they didn't have releases around that timeframe. For most of the missing players it's too early to hype games that aren't done yet, and too expensive to hype ones that just shipped. That being said, 2 years ago there were a ton of really awesome smaller games and Indies filling that void, and I think that's awesome.

• Options
    Ubi has a ton of stuff announced, and supposedly coming throughout the year. But...i'm not sure how much of it is in a showable state. And...they took a lot of flack for the watchdogs "thing" they did last year (first up, it didnt work...second, it cached peoples personal info on their pcs). It was sort of a fiasco.
    They've also taken some hits on delays, microtransactions, and unfinished/buggy content. I'm thinking they might be thinking a year off from early season shows might be a good idea....

• Options
    liedraliedra Registered User regular
    Hi all, "Ask an Ethicist" will be back in the Diversity Lounge this year! Come along and have a chat about your favourite games with a morality aspect, your ideas for improving the industry & community, and general ethical issues with games! The challenging questions will be back to make you think about what you enjoy and get out of games, as well as what you might want improved.

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    liedra wrote: »
    Hi all, "Ask an Ethicist" will be back in the Diversity Lounge this year! Come along and have a chat about your favourite games with a morality aspect, your ideas for improving the industry & community, and general ethical issues with games! The challenging questions will be back to make you think about what you enjoy and get out of games, as well as what you might want improved.

Never been to one of these before, but it seems like that could be a fun thing to participate in. I'll try to stop by and thanks for attending!

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    liedraliedra Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »
    liedra wrote: »

Never been to one of these before, but it seems like that could be a fun thing to participate in. I'll try to stop by and thanks for attending!

It'll be lovely to see you! It's always good to see people who like to have a chat about these things and I had some wonderful discussions and got some great feedback from attendees last year, so it makes the trip from the UK worthwhile!

• Options
    ninjaschooldropoutsninjaschooldropouts Registered User regular
    Oh awesome. Once again, no Netherrealm or Rocksteady. WTF Warner Bros? Mortal Kombat comes out in April.

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Oh awesome. Once again, no Netherrealm or Rocksteady. WTF Warner Bros? Mortal Kombat comes out in April.

Warner bros makes All the lotr games, most Lego, batman, and produce even more

• Options
    SparkstertheGoldenSparkstertheGolden Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    VGguy49 wrote: »

Found the information here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150226005272/en/Nintendo-Headed-PAX-East-Nintendo-3DS-XL#.VO8jRi5Tv9o

The Nintendo booth (#4072) will also feature Splatoon, Nintendo’s upcoming colorful twist on the shooter genre, at the show. The E3 2014 build of the game lets eight players transform into squids and mark their territory in teams in a race for splattered-paint dominance. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., which launches for Nintendo 3DS on March 13, will also be playable and featured in stage presentations at the Nintendo booth.

Upcoming or newly released Nintendo 3DS games scheduled to be playable on New Nintendo 3DS XL hardware at the Nintendo booth include Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and the New Nintendo 3DS XL exclusive, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Nintendo also invites attendees to bring their trained-up amiibo figures to the show to take on other players’ amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled to make an appearance at the Nintendo booth as well. The developer, GungHo Online Entertainment, will also have its own booth at PAX (#8092), where attendees can try Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition for Nintendo 3DS.

SparkstertheGolden on
  • Options
    Mavrick593Mavrick593 Registered User regular
    VGguy49 wrote: »

Found the information here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150226005272/en/Nintendo-Headed-PAX-East-Nintendo-3DS-XL#.VO8jRi5Tv9o

The Nintendo booth (#4072) will also feature Splatoon, Nintendo’s upcoming colorful twist on the shooter genre, at the show. The E3 2014 build of the game lets eight players transform into squids and mark their territory in teams in a race for splattered-paint dominance. Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., which launches for Nintendo 3DS on March 13, will also be playable and featured in stage presentations at the Nintendo booth....

Yes!!! I'm so excited to be able to play Splatoon!!!!

My jiggy can not be contained.
    30krhv1btzuj.gif

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Hey if you want a chance to win some cool handmade stuff, you should come to my panel.

Knit 1 Purl 1 to Save the Princess: Geek Crafters Unite
    Sunday, 3pm
    Cuttlefish theater

You could win one of these, or other cool shit!

zwoOwws.png

zerzhul on
  • Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    Yogibo wrote: »
    Yogibo will be there! We have a booth on the show floor where you'll be able to purchase bean bags (and ship them so you don't have to worry). We're also running the handheld lounge and we will obviously have a ton of stuff on hand to relax in and try out!

Bring some body pillows!

• Options
    hariustrkhariustrk Registered User regular
    Steve Jackson Games will be there.
    http://www.sjgames.com/con/

Cool, maybe they'll have some Ogre boxes there.

• Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    hariustrk wrote: »
    Cool, maybe they'll have some Ogre boxes there.

SJG usually doesn't bring their own merch. They partner with one of the exhibitors. They do the demos and the exhibitor sells the games. I haven't seen them bring Ogre in the past (too complicated to demo). They usually have demo tables for each of their dice games, and then several tables teaching people how to play various Munchkin versions.

• Options
    YogiboYogibo New HampshireRegistered User new member
    hariustrk wrote: »

Bring some body pillows!

We've got you covered! :)

• Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    This year is very disappointing so far. No riot. No video game orchestra, no Bethesda. We have all heard the rumors about fallout 4 being set in Boston. If they plan to announce it at e3 how cool would it have been to do a teaser at pax east ? So bummed.

• Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I think this years lineup looks great! Focusing on who IS there as opposed to those absent helps a lot. I can't wait to check out Overwatch at the blizzard booth, and hopefully see some FF15 over at Square Enix.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    So I know Capcom is there, but does anyone know there line up?

• Options
    RyvvnRyvvn Syracuse, NYRegistered User regular
    I posted this in the general PAX East Q&A thread... before realizing that the last post before mine was from 2014. So I'm going to repost this here as well in the hope of getting an answer:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever hosted or even just been to a panel in the Cuttlefish theater at prior PAX East events? I'm hosting a panel there this Friday evening, and I'm trying to find even just one picture of it to see what the panel setting looks like, but my google abilities are failing because I can't seem to find even just one! Can anyone help me out?

I don't post or check here often, so a PM would be most helpful since I'd probably get an email alert for that; thanks!

• Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    Sorry if this was already discussed and I missed it but:

Did JonTron cancel his normal boots panel? I added it to my schedule in the pax east app and was SUPER pumped to see he is coming this year! But now I don't see it anywhere on the schedule :(

Please someone tell me it was just moved and I'm somehow missing it :(

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Ryvvn wrote: »
    I posted this in the general PAX East Q&A thread... before realizing that the last post before mine was from 2014. So I'm going to repost this here as well in the hope of getting an answer:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever hosted or even just been to a panel in the Cuttlefish theater at prior PAX East events? I'm hosting a panel there this Friday evening, and I'm trying to find even just one picture of it to see what the panel setting looks like, but my google abilities are failing because I can't seem to find even just one! Can anyone help me out?

I don't post or check here often, so a PM would be most helpful since I'd probably get an email alert for that; thanks!

I did a panel at Cuttlefish last year! Here's a pic showing the dais and set-up behind us (I'm the guy in the Dr. Horrible shirt). As I recall there was a projector screen and we had to share mics, but it wasn't a problem because the mics are very sensitive. You'll get a chance to do a quick mic check when you go in.

charlesbattersby.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IMG_3213.jpg

Note that I don't know if they will set things up exactly the same this year, but there you go.

• Options
    OK...in a recent article...IGN is listing Witcher 3 as an unreleased game that will be appearing at Pax East. But I don't see CD Projekt Red listed as an exhibitor in the guide, or on the expo floor. Anyone know if it's really going to be there and WHERE, on the floor?

• Options
    monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »
    OK...in a recent article...IGN is listing Witcher 3 as an unreleased game that will be appearing at Pax East. But I don't see CD Projekt Red listed as an exhibitor in the guide, or on the expo floor. Anyone know if it's really going to be there and WHERE, on the floor?

They have partner with Microsoft it seems to show Witcher 3 and there is a panel with the CD Projekt Red developers. Unsure if it will be playable on the floor.
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/20/microsoft-pax-east-2015-brings-halo-5-fable-legends-and-more
    http://majornelson.com/2015/02/18/pax-east-2015-schedule-events/

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • Options
    Thanks! I knew about (and have bookmarked) the panel. I'll check out MS's booth to see if there's a playable demo. First stop Friday. :) Second stop is Harmonix!

• Options
    BellaJenBellaJen Owner of Eclectic Eccentricities Registered User new member
    Hey everyone Eclectic Eccentricities will be there. We're the dice jewelry people! Cufflinks, keychains, earrings, necklaces, bracelets and more. This will be our third year, and as always we're super excited to be there again! Our booth is #11116. Can't wait to see so many awesome people, yay!

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    The witcher just posted info about their panels here: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/956

DXLJjjr.png