Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

134689100

Posts

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Worked out pretty good because I just lost Brandin Cooks in one league for probably the rest of the fantasy season.

    are you me

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Worked out pretty good because I just lost Brandin Cooks in one league for probably the rest of the fantasy season.

    are you me

    I don't know.... Maybe?

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yo, Langly‌

    Are we doing the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs in the dynasty league? I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it or not.

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Legarette Blount released from the Steelers. He walked out during the game because he felt he wasn't getting enough carries.

  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Yeah definitely sit the guy who ran for 200 yards for a couple drives so your bum ass can get in the game. Good call legarette

    uekIEp1.png
    LanglyPizzleStixx
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Has anyone ever seen me and Langly in the same room at the same time?

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    LanglyTheBlackWind
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I could see the Giants picking up one of these guys. They've been pretty beat up at the running back position

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Yo, Langly‌

    Are we doing the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs in the dynasty league? I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it or not.

    i am not sure if i am reading the settings correctly, but it is either the top three from each division, or the top 6 overall, but in either case you're ranked 6 so you at this point you would go.

  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know Texas booniesRegistered User regular
    Hide yo Tates, hide yo Blounts, they cuttin everybody in here.

    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu/Auldhaerz Swygkhansyn (both on Mateus), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Yo, Langly‌

    Are we doing the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs in the dynasty league? I'm trying to figure out if I'm making it or not.

    i am not sure if i am reading the settings correctly, but it is either the top three from each division, or the top 6 overall, but in either case you're ranked 6 so you at this point you would go.

    For the final two games I'm facing the top two teams, so I'm not so sure I make it. I was thinking about selling some players off before the deadline.

    Anyone want next years hot sleeper, Cordarrelle Patterson? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    all i can say is that Division 2 is the bustah division

    MaximumRaijin Quickfoot
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm on a 4 game winning streak after a slow start. My team is congealing nicely.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    it's cute that you guys are still trying in the dynasty league

    bugss2.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    it's cute that you guys are still trying in the dynasty league

    i'm 4-7! Everyone could lose everything! I outscored everyone this week! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    According to the recap I knocked the socks right off of Bogey this week.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm coming for you, Simo!

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    The commissioner did the right thing because someone, finally, had to stand up to Peterson.

    A four-year-old couldn't do it. So Goodell did.

    I want to reach through my monitor and slap the guy who wrote this drivel. I mean, come on...

    Penumbra
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I agree with the article that this entire incident has helped push the egregious league problems out of the spotlight, but I don't know what can be done about that. The league did have to do something about it, they did need to react strongly to the issue, and they did need to do it quickly. I'm not sure what the other option is.

    Transporter
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My problem is AP was suspended longer for child abuse than Ray Rice was for Spousal abuse. They need consistency in their punishments so they don't look like either assholes for not punishing enough, or like they are covering their asses when they punish harshly.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    nicopernicus
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They already look like assholes because they didn't want to punish either in the first place

    Raijin QuickfootnicopernicusBarcardiHawkstoneMagellSlacker71PizzleStixx
  • cornellcornell Registered User regular
    It's unfortunate, they're in basically a no-win situation regardless of what they do. He certainly can't play due to public outcry, but nothing has actually come from his charges. The league is bigger than the law now? I agree with his suspension until the issue had resolved itself, and I don't care if he plays another down quite frankly, but now the ban is based on nothing.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Saints officially put Brandin Cooks in IR

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    It's unfortunate, they're in basically a no-win situation regardless of what they do. He certainly can't play due to public outcry, but nothing has actually come from his charges. The league is bigger than the law now? I agree with his suspension until the issue had resolved itself, and I don't care if he plays another down quite frankly, but now the ban is based on nothing.

    What do you mean nothing has come from his charges? He plead out which means he is now a convicted criminal. Also, his earlier suspension was with pay and he'll continue to get paid while appealing so he really wasn't suspended he was just put on paid leave.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    People associate making a plea deal with getting away with something, because they rather see the person get the harshest punishment possible, because again, fuck people who commit crimes they deserve no second chances or breaks.

    EDIT to make my meaning clearer

    Goose! on
    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    What the NFL could have done is not continue his ban, and say he's eligible for play since he pled out, but then the Vikes could just opt to bench him for the season or something.

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    so there's like 3 feet of snow in buffalo and this week's game is a home one. sammy watkins put up this video but I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to embed it https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=390684194431626

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sammy Watkins is from my home town of Fort Myers Florida. He's probably never even dreamed of snow.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    Geth
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

    Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »

    I know why the caged bird sings.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    TheBlackWind
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Cornell meant and isn't what people have been saying in this thread.

    Well I asked for clarification because I have no idea what he meant. "nothing came from his charges" sounds like charges were dropped and if that were the case you could argue that the NFL would be overstepping their bounds but he is now a convict and it's not irrational for the NFL to treat him differently than they did before. The NFLPA's argument that he should be reinstated because his legal problem was concluded is pretty asinine if you ask me.

    No yes I think you are right I just think goose was reading his statement incorrectly.

  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    I don't think the NFLPA's argument is asinine, I think it's their job. It's their job to advocate for a player. It doesn't have to be morally right or even sensical to do so, it's ethically their duty.

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Zombie Hero
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Sammy Watkins is from my home town of Fort Myers Florida. He's probably never even dreamed of snow.

    That pretty much was my exact reaction the one time I left South Florida and saw snow.

    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular


    The best part of Breaking Madden is Jon Bois' musical selections.

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    qwer12SorceSweeney TomThatDudeOverThere
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I don't think the NFLPA's argument is asinine, I think it's their job. It's their job to advocate for a player. It doesn't have to be morally right or even sensical to do so, it's ethically their duty.

    I know the role of a union and understand that they have to advocate for a member by obligation. It's the argument I am criticizing not the fact that they are making one.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Wh...

    Why did Matt Stafford just go flying across the screen?

    Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He was pulling a sweet jump

    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    it's cute that you guys are still trying in the dynasty league

    I agree, I think it's cute that ALL of you are still trying

    PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.