As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fear [The Walking Thread]]: Also fear SPOILERS, of which there are many in here!

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I assume fresh zombies take less makeup work than rotters. Good writers cost more money too. If AMC want to do it on a budget, I am budgeting my time elsewhere.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think this thread could write a season for them.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

We'd blow through the season's budget in the first ten minutes.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

We'd blow through the season's budget in the first ten minutes.

"How did our episode title end up costing 100 grand?"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    They should get Whedon as a consultant. He could run them through the Dollhouse School of How to Make a Good Show For Peanuts.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    They should get Whedon as a consultant. He could run them through the Dollhouse School of How to Make a Good Show For Peanuts.

The episodes will be shown out of order, and then cancelled after 8 weeks

But we could get produce placement to make up for it.

Random Person: "You know what I could use right now. An ice cold Coca Cola."
    Another Random Person: "I saw a truck a few streets over. Just have to clear some dead."
    Random Person: "Awesome, let's go!"

Cut to a a truck with a big Coca Cola can.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think our Fear the Walking Dead show is 84.6% or so more Red Bull

Random Person: "You know what I could use right now. An ice cold Coca Cola."
    Another Random Person: "I saw a truck a few streets over. Just have to clear some dead."
    Random Person: "Awesome, let's go!"

Cut to a a truck with a big Coca Cola can.

Isn't this already the reason we have mystical forces keeping watch over certain brands of car to make sure a single mote of dirt never touches them?

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Walking Dead is financed on the back of extremely clean, unaltered from the dealership vehicles that continue running off gas (?) that's persistently usable.

We don't need car brands as I want some Mad Max raider cars. However, if we can modify that Coca Cola Truck into a badass zombie killing machine, I think Coca Cola would love to fund that machine if they can take it on tour between seasons.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    About FTWD
    You have 6 episodes this season and you wasted this one on that

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I came in about 20 minutes late and rewinded my DVR to start at the beginning. Eventually I just fast-forwarded to skip the middle.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Walking Dead is financed on the back of extremely clean, unaltered from the dealership vehicles that continue running off gas (?) that's persistently usable.

Yeah what's funny is that gasoline starts going bad after a year or so, especially if you're keeping it in a container like a car's gas tank. Even moreso if it have been sitting out in the open air and experiencing huge temperature differences from just day-to-day weather.

At least back in Alexandria they can hand-wave the electricity with "solar panels". I mean, it begs the question of how they are storing all their electricity since batteries themselves can go bad, but hey, maybe they are only running stuff during the day or something who knows.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The end of this episode made no sense
    The dad and older son are supposed to be such big time survivalists... And he presumably gets himself killed by his wife that died, turned, killed him, and managed to shamble down to the dock only slightly slower than the main characters that RAN?!?
    What a joke

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod

Random Person: "Wait, why the hell is my scene partner a lettuce?"

ftfy

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Haven't watched the new episode yet, but I think this show would've been far more interesting if they had made it be the kid that actually bothered to loot the school, drug kid, and Brand surviving together rather than a boring family that's dysfunctional just for the sake of being dysfunctional.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Random Person: "Wait, why the hell is my scene partner a lettuce?"

ftfy

God damn autocorrect. But it would still be a better show.

• LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    literally nothing in that episode of fear made any sense, and none of it will have any effect on anything going forward. it's like the phantom menace, you cut the whole thing and nobody notices
    Island Wife being upset/uneasy makes sense, but Island Wife would never possibly have gotten to the point of asking Blonde Mum to abduct her two children unless she is insane

even if you forgive that, Blonde Mum could not possibly have reasonably come to the conclusion that she should accept or even soft-accept this request and take it to Maori Dad

even if you forgive that, Maori Dad has absolutely no reason to accept any part of the wife's argument or come to any conclusion other than "they are both insane". Especially the "we're saving them!" part! You literally came into a dock at random to escape a mysterious 50cal, you have no idea where you're going, you only know that where you thought you were going is actually on fire

also, invisible people

u1Cxxqt.png
    five seconds later
    r0iPa7q.png

nice work

LaCabra on
    FTWD
    Why are you fixing the fence when you plan on offing yourself/family?
    Wouldn't it be a heads up they were rather open and offering you stuff for just visiting?
    Why did they just vaguely look at the marina?

The whole embrace the dead in a moment of grief and then get bit would have been shocking if I had not seen it 5 times already
    Lets rummage in the helm's lockers for junk and find a Mp5 and maps to Baja

Really I think they are just writing it as they go as it's really rough and not well thought out

There's also absolutely no reason to suspect that the guy plans on offing his family. Like, he clearly doesn't. He's fixing fences, making a big deal about surviving as long as possible. He was a bit of a survivalist nut before anything happens. It kind of makes sense that he would have suicide pills for an emergency (although it doesn't make sense IN ANY SCENARIO that they would be kept in reach of children.
    What a shitshow

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I was bored so I watched the first episode of this season's FTWD. WOW that was bad. It was actually almost incomprehensible to watch.

My hope now is that FTWD gets so bad that they just flip the format to be an anthology series. An anthology series in TWD universe has the potential to be even better than the core show.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain how the radar thing made any damn sense?
    How does it make any sense that they can see the other boat on the radar, the other boat presumably can see them on their radar since Strand mentions that they keep course correcting to shadow them, the other boat is faster so there's no hope of getting out of radar range, and then their master plan is to duck into a cove and hope the other boat isn't paying attention???

Please tell me I just don't know something obvious about how radar works. Because otherwise, that may be the dumbest part of the dumb episode.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Landmasses also show up on radar, so maybe they were hoping they'd lose them when they got close enough to shore?

kyrcl.png
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    It really doesn't make sense.
    In theory a cheaper radar setup with someone untrained in their use it could be plausible to 'lose' a boat in that manner (some of the older monitors are really ugly and vague without knowing what it is you're looking for) but that is incredibly unlikely given the size of boat that's following them. And even with the huge stretch of the other pilot having lucked into a huge, well-equipped boat and figured out how to steer it but doesn't really know how to read the instruments (even a clearly visible radar map), what happens when the blip disappears? "oh darn, they must have sank, oh well back to shore" No, they're going to look in the area they disappeared, and they're going to have a pretty good idea of the area and layout as to where to look.

Even if the grand plan is to hide and let the other drive by then sneak out of the cove, again the other boat is demonstrably faster so it will just catch up again. This 'plan' only works (and even then it's a shitty plan) if the other pilot is a total amateur and doesn't know what they're doing, but there's no evidence of that. I *suppose* if they hid in a cove then ditched the boat and moved inland on foot it would buy enough time for a real head start and an actual escape.

I spent a lot of time on boats in my youth and this bullshit really pissed me off, and I didn't even watch the show, my gf is still a fan and asked me about it (and reading up on the details of the show to answer properly just made it worse). I suspect she only brought it up because it made me angry and she finds that amusing when I get bent out of shape over bad television. I will begrudgingly grant that it's easier than you might think for a new pilot to 'lose' a boat of this size in normal boat traffic in unfamiliar territory and you're not actively seeking it out, but two of those three don't apply.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so i'm watching this. I'm halfway into S3. I got a question regarding S2:

I saw Dale's scene.

Did they seriously not tell him they spared the prisoner?

like this man is dying...and the one thing that could ease his suffering and embrace death, knowing his people did the right thing in the end is not given to him?

Man talk about a missed oppurtunity.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You talking about old man Dale? On Hershel's farm, felled by the ninja zomber? I dunno if the reassurance would've meant much, guts hanging out. And they didn't spare the prisoner - he's still around for Shane to kill.

Also hot dang there's some good stuff in early Season 3. Good luck. <3

Oh brilliant
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Shanes actions are his. In the end rick spared him.

And from what i've gathered it would have pleased him a great deal to know.

Yeah s3 is bonkers!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    edited April 2016
    I've been meaning to rewatch Episode 4, see if it holds up.
    that was the first real big action episode that really impressed me. Remember a buncha cool shit in there, zombies in riot gear, an alarm going off, T-dog going out like a fuckin' champ. And Lori! And Carol! And that one prisoner guy! That was a real bad day, holy shit!

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    T-Dog.
    :(

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
    edited April 2016
    T-Dog
    17a2459821339a5fd5eb7ea7539e90fd_original.png

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    LaCabra wrote: »
    There's also absolutely no reason to suspect that the guy plans on offing his family. Like, he clearly doesn't. He's fixing fences, making a big deal about surviving as long as possible. He was a bit of a survivalist nut before anything happens. It kind of makes sense that he would have suicide pills for an emergency (although it doesn't make sense IN ANY SCENARIO that they would be kept in reach of children.
    What a shitshow

So dad and the pills
    Shame he only lasted one episode because he was a better character than most of the rest of them.

As far as the pills go, didn't pill popper put the globe back up on a shelf or am I not recalling that accurately?

last night's episode was ugly
    How convenient they have scuba equipment and he is a marine mechanic. Lets loot the crash site of the plane! now that was a rather clean crash site the dying airline passenger whom Chris had to mercy kill would have been dead long before he came across him with that type of injury.
    Lets find the drugs you need and casually leave them because something shiny and loud is over here

How did she grab the burned kid and the raft in the escape? Yeah lets cut them free and go on with the story

Who is writing this as that was poorly written and phoned in

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    After last week's episode (family on island), my wife and I gave up on the series. Took it off the PVR schedule.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm officially off FTWD. Didn't watch last week and I actually forgot it was even a thing until this thread came back up.
    The wait for October is just so exciting...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, and now GoT is drinking FTWD's milkshake.

Brainleech wrote: »
    last night's episode was ugly
    How convenient they have scuba equipment and he is a marine mechanic. Lets loot the crash site of the plane! now that was a rather clean crash site the dying airline passenger whom Chris had to mercy kill would have been dead long before he came across him with that type of injury.
    Lets find the drugs you need and casually leave them because something shiny and loud is over here

How did she grab the burned kid and the raft in the escape? Yeah lets cut them free and go on with the story

Who is writing this as that was poorly written and phoned in
    But he didn't say he was a marine mechanic. He has experience repairing cars and he even says "I can fix a car's calibrator but this... I don't know." He was the only one who had any mechanical skills and did what he could using the engine book thing. Also, you have a boat people party on, it's not unusual for something like scuba gear on the ship for people who might want to dive under and check out the ocean life below them.

Now, the plane crash was clean. I'm wondering how long since the crash to when they found it.

edited April 2016
    Yeah that was garbage again. Do we have new writers this season?
    they act like they're going to be quick on their little expedition and then they just meander around forever until zombies show up

johnny franco had the most contrived fall into a ditch of all time

yKfWgSx.gif

the people on the boat see what's happening on land and go "OH MY GOD START THE SHIP YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SHIP GOING IN FIVE MINUTES". Why? That shit is happening on land. You can't take the boat closer to land to rescue the smaller-boat people and you're in no danger where you are

why does james depp automatically know about antibiotics enough to be teaching the much older man with much more life experience about them? being a junkie doesn't make you know about antibiotics, but being old kinda does. it's like junkie kid picked the "medical knowledge" perk and now just inexplicably knows about Everything Drugs

old fella sends blonde mum to talk to strand because he thinks she'll be more diplomatic but then she's the least diplomatic person of all time and even once they come to what seems like an understanding she threatens to throw him overboard for no reason at all

strand gets a horribly context inappropriate and cringeworthy "HOW. LONG." cliche re the engine

was boat lady at the end's little speech about how "it will never be this bad again" an apology? are they promising it gets better after this
    barf. I liked most of the first season too

LaCabra on
  • SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    I was a little bit excited that they may have zombie camo figured out. Perhaps he will be the only one that survives this season!

LaCabra wrote: »
    Yeah that was garbage again. Do we have new writers this season?
    they act like they're going to be quick on their little expedition and then they just meander around forever until zombies show up

johnny franco had the most contrived fall into a ditch of all time

yKfWgSx.gif

the people on the boat see what's happening on land and go "OH MY GOD START THE SHIP YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SHIP GOING IN FIVE MINUTES". Why? That shit is happening on land. You can't take the boat closer to land to rescue the smaller-boat people and you're in no danger where you are

why does james depp automatically know about antibiotics enough to be teaching the much older man with much more life experience about them? being a junkie doesn't make you know about antibiotics, but being old kinda does. it's like junkie kid picked the "medical knowledge" perk and now just inexplicably knows about Everything Drugs

old fella sends blonde mum to talk to strand because he thinks she'll be more diplomatic but then she's the least diplomatic person of all time and even once they come to what seems like an understanding she threatens to throw him overboard for no reason at all

strand gets a horribly context inappropriate and cringeworthy "HOW. LONG." cliche re the engine

was boat lady at the end's little speech about how "it will never be this bad again" an apology? are they promising it gets better after this
    barf. I liked most of the first season too

Haha, I didn't even watch this episode, but that gif is amazing in it's terribleness

This discussion has been closed.