As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] The Turkey Coma Dale Fest Party Long Weekend Thing has arrived!

1555657585961»

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Houn wrote:
    What do people think are the most owned games among the penny arcade group? I'm thinking bastion and ftl. And then tf2 and l4d2

Anything by Zeboyd is going to be pretty well represented around here.

In this group? Most owned is probably Bad Rats.

Actually only 95 out of my 200+ friends have it.

Then you know what you must do.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So, @Quical felt the need to gift, and I had something cheap, it seems. :wink:
    toi6inxbe1ne.jpg

Thanks! And remember, it's not if you can gift or how much you can gift, it's how much of a member of the community you are. Just being here with us, having fun, enjoying yourself is good. Gifting is just extras! :biggrin:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    How long does this sale last?
    It lasts until Tuesday morning, so tomorrow will be the last day of the sale.

Houn wrote:
    What do people think are the most owned games among the penny arcade group? I'm thinking bastion and ftl. And then tf2 and l4d2

Anything by Zeboyd is going to be pretty well represented around here.

In this group? Most owned is probably Bad Rats.

Actually only 95 out of my 200+ friends have it.

Then you know what you must do.

I'm not up for giving the devs any more money than they've already gotten from us. :wink:

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, since @DaxterMax has a wishlist full of ungiftable items, I thought I'd look for a good game that he didn't own yet, and sent him a copy of Transistor. It turns out he'd played it on a different platform. How did he tell me this?
    ytpfqTi.png
    That's not how it's supposed to work! In all honesty though, thank you so much! <3 This was at the top of my wishlist for a reason. I adore the Telltale adventure games and I quite enjoy the Game of Thrones books and show, so I'm sure I'll really enjoy this game. <3

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Indeed it does! Thanks @Iolo‌
    e11f5ay0qlj8.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    BobbyrrrrBobbyrrrr Registered User regular
    Thank you for the heads up on GMG deal for Evil Within. It has been pretty fun so far, although getting crashes.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    @Berylline is a monster. And I guess @DaxterMax is to blame. Thanks to both of you!

transistor_zps285c9226.jpg

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    A monster who doesn't give up easily.

m8WE2dz.jpg

Thank you @Berylline for Botanicula. You'll be happy to know I have not played it and it looks like a game I will enjoy.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Whenever I see that title I think, "Bunnicula."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    d6MXtZl.png

Thanks, @Berylline‌ ! Here's a picture of my chinchilla for you.

NuRuXCMm.jpg

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Need junk?
    Chaos Domain free here: https://www.indiegala.com/store

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Octodad Dadliest Catch was everything I was hoping it would be.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    @TeeMan‌ Decided I needed some mandatory Arstotzka paper processing... er gaming greatness in my life. Thanks for Papers Please!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I get home and see a PM from @Jazz with a key for Aces Wild. Thanks!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @ReverseCreations for Burnout Paradise! I am looking forward to driving my car into things, while singing along, "Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend!" at the top of my lungs. <3
    s5mszB9.png

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Thank you so much to @ReverseCreations for Burnout Paradise! I am looking forward to driving my car into things, while singing along, "Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend!" at the top of my lungs. <3

I think it was Burnout Dominator on the PS2 that actually featured that song on its soundtrack. It was the Spanish version for some reason.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I gotta tell ya, getting used to Burnout Paradise after Burnout Revenge is going to be tough. You can't plow through traffic and you can make wrong turns. Eesh.

Edit: On the upside, the sense of speed is still fantastic.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

I think it was Burnout Dominator on the PS2 that actually featured that song on its soundtrack. It was the Spanish version for some reason.
    It's on both.

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Also, concerning Dragon Commander: what the hell am I looking at here? I think it looks interesting, I think, but . . . what? Is it an action game, a strategy game, what?

It's all of those things! It's got some Total War-Lite TBS going on, political wrangling with the various races, and the main RTS mode where you can turn into a jetpack-wearing dragon to burninate enemies alongside your units (from a 3rd-person perspective). At $10, it's a steal.

• Options
    Also, concerning Dragon Commander: what the hell am I looking at here? I think it looks interesting, I think, but . . . what? Is it an action game, a strategy game, what?

It's all of those things! It's got some Total War-Lite TBS going on, political wrangling with the various races, and the main RTS mode where you can turn into a jetpack-wearing dragon to burninate enemies alongside your units (from a 3rd-person perspective). At $10, it's a steal.

Well, that at least earns it a spot on the wishlist if nothing else. I'll look at it more later. For now, there's more fate to change as the fateless one!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014

The general consensus I've seen is "a really good political RPG with some light RTS elements".

Edit: I'm mostly saying this as a "people who like RTSs probably won't be particularly thrilled by its RTS elements", but on the other hand, you get to play as a jetpack-wearing dragon.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Well, that at least earns it a spot on the wishlist if nothing else. I'll look at it more later. For now, there's more fate to change as the fateless one!

It is a fantastically fun game for its political elements alone IMO. What other game lets you settle a debate between a skeleton and an elf on legalizing marijuana? Also Dragon with Jetpack!!!

Regarding the telltale GoT game, will it spoil anything about the story for a non-book reader that only watches the show?

LostNinja on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I tried to get into Dragon commander. But it's kinda...REALLY brutal at the start. To the point where I had absolutely no idea how to get past the first like...five turns.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

The general consensus I've seen is "a really good political RPG with some light RTS elements".

Edit: I'm mostly saying this as a "people who like RTSs probably won't be particularly thrilled by its RTS elements", but on the other hand, you get to play as a jetpack-wearing dragon.

I'm honestly not an RTS fan. I'm . . . OK with them, but honestly I need pauses and turn based and turtle tactics in most of them to win.

Basically, for me holding a game up in my mind, I have to think about it's price, and if any other games I might want that are also that price, and if they are, where does it rank among those games, and then in the overall wishlist as well. And then I give it a (non-permanent) rank on the wishlist.

I has a system. :biggrin:

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ypniTNm.gif

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.