As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Secret Shining Knight] All gifts delivered!

2»

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Rat Queens and Pretty Deadly seem to be very popular choices this year. Good to see the little guys getting a share!

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2014
    You, sir, are too generous!

Seems like once these delieveries hit Dieppe they get delayed for some reason. The might just have a high load of deliveries. But the message says that it's delayed due to weather or natural disaster. I guess if you don't get the last book today then you'll get it on Monday, @SatanIsMyMotor‌

Grifter on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Thank you Santa for Black Science, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals and Boneyard! All look awesome can't wait to read em! Reveal thyself!6u5vf5demjjt.jpg

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I feel like I can make some pretty accurate guesses on what the Graphics Violence Top Comics of 2014 are.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Thank you Santa for Black Science, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals and Boneyard! All look awesome can't wait to read em! Reveal thyself!

bQylroX.jpg

'TWAS I!

I wanted to mostly stick to your wishlist, but Boneyard's one of those comics I push into people's hands at every opportunity. Though, I'm pretty sure I ordered the black and white version, because that color version looks infinitely worse. So, that's a bummer.

Hope you dig it, though!

Image is certainly enjoying a good showing in this year's Secret Santa.

Thanks Munch! Aces, the whole lot!

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Amazon...I mean Santa says my package was delivered on Wednesday. I'm hoping my Santee has it in hand.

• grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    Got my gift a couple of days ago and didn't get a chance to post it till now.
    20141217_203035_zpsz8zd1bk_edit_1419094787478_zpsg03esdfy.jpg.html]20141217_203035_zpsz8zd1bk_edit_1419094787478_zpsg03esdfy.jpg

20141217_203244_zpszv5ukrsy.jpg.html]20141217_203244_zpszv5ukrsy.jpg
    Thanks soo much SIMM I've been wanting this forever

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    Enjoy it! It's a beautiful book!

Looks like the final book from the order is out for delivery right now, @SatanIsMyMotor‌

Holy crap @Grifter ! Black Science omnibus also? You are one classy fella. I'm going to have to step up my game next year!

If anybody needs me I'll be reading all the comics!

That's interesting. I actually ordered you the Fear Agent Library Edition Volume 1. But I'm glad that you like what you got.

Sorry - that is indeed what it is. I mis-typed.

Shipped! Should arrive Xmas eve.
    @grifter ? Not sure your the one to ask but can some one make sure to ask the mods to add us to the holiday hangout. We got left out last year.

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
    @IcyLiquid‌ is the guy to ask about the holiday hangout. I believe that it's all automated at this point.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    My automation doesn't copy threads, just opens the lounge at the right time. Copying threads would be nigh impossible since they change day to day.

Sounds like @IcyLiquid‌ is just lazy. Probably got into the eggnog a bit early. ;)

So, I wanted to confirm that I did ship out my present. Unfortunately, it won't get there until Monday. I do apologize for this. Perhaps you can think of it as time-delay Christmas? You thought that Christmas was over, presents were done, and then boom, more presents.

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    books have shipped!

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    @munch you been checking your mail box? :-P

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »
    @munch you been checking your mail box? :-P

Yes!

77PrBGu.jpg

Thanks dude, I'm stoked. That Mobile Suit Gundam hardcover's gorgeous, and I can't wait to dig into it. Giant robots are woefully underrepresented on my book shelf. And I've always wanted to mess around with model kits, but never picked one up. So that'll be a fun project for this weekend.

The miniatures you sent aren't pictured, as they're currently guarding my desk at work.

Thanks again!

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    whoooa

i just got @Delduwath‌ 's package. I can't post pictures right now, but i am seriously BLOWN AWAY at how awesome all of this is. I'll get pictures up here later today.

Also, the note was incredible, i love how much thought you put into this Delduwath. You are The Best.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    My gift arrived today but there was no note in it from Amazon.

So to the secret shining knight who sent me the Black Beetle HC, Manifest Destiny vol. 1, Loki Agent of Asgard vol. 1 & Federal Bureau of Physics vol. 1:

c97bf4a2-ea0f-46ef-9890-a73b1f2da0b6_zps8f7f1782.jpg

I say thank you very much, you went 4 for 4 and I can't wait to sit down and read them all!

So I read Pretty Deadly and loved it. I'll need to get more of that.

Saga was a great second read in the series and I'm definitely going to pick up the rest of the available books.

East of West is getting interesting and I'm looking forward to learning more of what is going on with this damn story.

Rat Queens is a really fun book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading every bit of it.

I started reading Black Widow and I'm looking forward to Hawkeye too.

I also bought Wicked & Divine vol.1 and Black Sciens vol.1 and both of those books are awesome if you haven't read them yet.

I was surprised I liked Boneyard, at first flip through the art was a bit different from most my other titles, but it was a great read I'll look to get more of. Thanks again @Munch‌

This Fear Agent stuff is so good. Also agreed with @Grifter‌ about Pretty Deadly. Loving it.

Fear Agent was a hard book to read later on in the series as it was coming out. Remender and Moore kinda used the book to just do fun stuff that they enjoyed so it kinda goes all over the place.

Nogs wrote: »
    whoooa

i just got @Delduwath‌ 's package. I can't post pictures right now, but i am seriously BLOWN AWAY at how awesome all of this is. I'll get pictures up here later today.

Also, the note was incredible, i love how much thought you put into this Delduwath. You are The Best.

I'm glad you liked it, and I'll take all the accolades, but the dark, secret truth is that I didn't put thaaat much thought into it. It was pretty much: Some stuff you've got on your wish list, some stuff I want everyone to read, and a thing off my shelf.

• Secret Shining KnightSecret Shining Knight Sir Ystin Castle RevolvingRegistered User regular
    Defenders of the realm! You have all done your promised duty; you have all brought festive gifts to the doorsteps of your comrades, and with them joy to their hearts. Together we have withstood the chilly onslaught of the Sheeda. The world is safe for one more year. I go now to soothe my weariness in the Cauldron of Rebirth, and bid you all a thank you and farewell.

Ystin-sword_zps5db4f76c.jpg
    Oh, in case anyone is curious about what I got @Nogs‌, it was:
    - East of West, vol 3 and The Wicked + The Divine, vol 1 - Because both of these were on his wishlist, but also because they are excellent, and among my all-time favorites, and honestly I might have gifted them even if they weren't on the wishlist.
    - Daytripper - Because it's emotional and beautiful and hit me right in the heart when I read it. I think I've given it as part of the Secret Santa gift every time since I read it; that how highly I regard it.
    - Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite - Because I think it's an excellent series, and I'm not sure if it's as well-known as it deserves to be. The characters are all super-solid, the story manages to simultaneously be over-the-top-comic-booky and down-to-earth, and I love Gabriel Ba's art. I think the series is a little bit like a darker Fantastic Four: family can help you get through the troubles as much as it can cause them, and sometimes things don't work out as well as you'd like.
    - Lego Ideas Exosuit - Because I got a little overzealous and greedy when this thing first went on sale, clicked the button one too many times, and ended up with four copies of the set. My wife suggested that I could give one of them as part of my Secret Santa gift, and I thought that was an excellent idea (and also made me look a little less greedy :whistle:)