As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE FERELDEN [INQUSITION] especially if you never leave the Hinterlands

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    101 wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Iron Bull spoiler
    I let the chargers die, because it was obviously the right thing to do. Bummer though. Is that the end of Iron Bull's plot pretty much?
    This god damn decision. I knew it was the right thing to do. An alliance with the Qunari is huge

But nope can't do it. Can't let the charges die. God I hate to think of what the dialogue with Bull would even be after that
    for me it was more that I just don't trust the Qunari. Not just because they're a bunch of religious fanatics with an eye for world domination, but that's a big part of it. Being unsure of when they would decide that a lone thief stealing something was grounds for occupying and ultimately sacking a city is another.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Now that I have the arcane warrior thing I'm finding the combat a lot more enjoyable. You have to pick the right skills, not just the blasts. Using the ice teleport thing and the spirit sword make everything feel more dynamic.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dang, apparently Gathering Storms passive doesn't work.

Toss another one on the pile of bugged mage skills.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So in the Blackwall/Qunari Inquisitor romance scene is he standing on a box or what

I asked vsove if she was holding him up by the hips

It's also possible he's wearing stilts

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I like the idea of the first one.

• Options
    So, Mage bugs I've run into...

Gathering Storm seems non-functional, it's supposed to reduce spell cooldowns by 0.5s whenever you attack with a staff.

Immolate won't detonate combos.

Walking Bomb only seems to do 200% damage on the final explosion. Just does the same damage as the rest of the damage ticks.

Mind Blast's upgrade doesn't give you any barrier upon hitting enemies.

If you toggle Blizzard on and run out of mana, it will occasionally stop working entirely so you can't recast it.

Unfortunately a few of those apply to my Necromancer in multi.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Now that I have the arcane warrior thing I'm finding the combat a lot more enjoyable. You have to pick the right skills, not just the blasts. Using the ice teleport thing and the spirit sword make everything feel more dynamic.

There's a rogue ability that lets you throw a rope and hook and latch on to guys and go flying towards them. It can be upgraded so that it has no cooldown or stamina use and then it is a blast to go zipping around the battlefield.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Post-Adamant, minor spoilers for a conversation with Solas
    He's really upset about the Grey Wardens' plan, but not for the reasons I would have expected
    He entirely writes off the whole demon army as a non-issue but he's really mad that they even tried to circumvent future Blights
    He says a Blight "is not something to be smugly outwitted"

That... seems like an odd attitude to have, Solas
    Blights are an awful thing but they always happen so it's best to just... let it happen and deal with it in a reactive way?
    The Wardens did awful dumb stupid things because they're morons but I don't think the idea of trying to find a way around Blights is bad at its core, and I'm a little worried that your stance on it is kinda fatalistic and not what this Inquisition stands for

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    He's really upset about the Grey Wardens' plan, but not for the reasons I would have expected
    He entirely writes off the whole demon army as a non-issue but he's really mad that they even tried to circumvent future Blights

Blights are an awful thing but they always happen so it's best to just... let it happen and deal with it in a reactive way?
    The Wardens did awful dumb stupid things because they're morons but I don't think the idea of trying to find a way around Blights is bad at its core, and I'm a little worried that your stance on it is kinda fatalistic and not what this Inquisition stands for
    well solas wouldn't know about this but

there was a guy who tried to outwit the blight before called the architect and he just ended up causing one prematurely

if the grey wardens tried to assault sleeping old gods it's just as likely something would go bad in that manner and the sixth blight would appear before the world is ready for it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Slight spoilers
    I had the architecht alive in this save. Did that actually do anything?

• Options

On some level he's not wrong

The Wardens kind of do work in methods that they don't seem to entirely understand

Like, they can kill an Archdemon because they are tainted by the blight

But shit man, why does that work?

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

there was a guy who tried to outwit the blight before called the architect and he just ended up causing one prematurely

if the grey wardens tried to assault sleeping old gods it's just as likely something would go bad in that manner and the sixth blight would appear before the world is ready for it

Huh!
    I didn't know about this Architect guy
    that's interesting
    that's very interesting

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    so uh, the Storm Coast Dragon apparently ain't nothing to fuck with

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    so uh, the Storm Coast Dragon apparently ain't nothing to fuck with

The Crestwood dragon had like 180k health. That's some Final Fantasy levels of damage absorption. And on-demand guard generation to boot!

Tough piece of garbage, it were

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Demands of the Qun
    Oh Jesus

Oh Christ

Oh no

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

Finding Archdemons while they sleep is not a new idea. There is a mine in the Western Approach with an ancient Grey Warden journal mentioning how they got close enough to feel a sleeping Old God where the song reverberated through the walls and lyrium, but the earth was too unstable to continue digging.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Finding Archdemons while they sleep is not a new idea. There is a mine in the Western Approach with an ancient Grey Warden journal mentioning how they got close enough to feel a sleeping Old God where the song reverberated through the walls and lyrium, but the earth was too unstable to continue digging.
    I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before that the Wardens actually have known where all the remaining Archdemons are for awhile. It's just impossible to get to them through the endless hordes of Darkspawn underground

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Regarding the look of DA2, it's a bit weird. I think all the people look pretty great, so much better than Origins*. But the environments are weirdly blocky and flat and actually worse than Origins. It's odd.

*With the exception of Sandal, who, what the hell happened to your face, Sandal.

It's not really odd, it's just what happens when a game is super rushed.

DA2 was made in less than a year, and I'm pretty sure that was (at least in part) due to EA pushing the game out too quickly.

So basically they didn't have time to have everything the game really should have had, and ended up only really developing the characters and ended up throwing environments together and having to reuse the hell out of them.

Going into DA2 with expectations set by DA:O is a doomed venture, and is a big reason why so many people hated it so much.

But, on its own, it's a pretty great game.

Also, while I do LOVE the character designs in 2, the look of characters that are meant to look like origin characters generally look rather poor.

Like, Alistair and Zevran especially look bad.

Thankfully very little from DA:O carries over into 2, so it's not a big issue.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Regarding the look of DA2, it's a bit weird. I think all the people look pretty great, so much better than Origins*. But the environments are weirdly blocky and flat and actually worse than Origins. It's odd.

*With the exception of Sandal, who, what the hell happened to your face, Sandal.

It's not really odd, it's just what happens when a game is super rushed.

DA2 was made in less than a year, and I'm pretty sure that was (at least in part) due to EA pushing the game out too quickly.

So basically they didn't have time to have everything the game really should have had, and ended up only really developing the characters and ended up throwing environments together and having to reuse the hell out of them.

Going into DA2 with expectations set by DA:O is a doomed venture, and is a big reason why so many people hated it so much.

But, on its own, it's a pretty great game.

I can vouch for this

I enjoyed it much more the second time knowing the parts I was going to hate and focusing on the good ones

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I am Vashoth. The Inquisitor. I will bring order out of chaos.
    Let the qunari know me, and know fear; outside of the qun, I do not need it. Outside of the qunari, I do not need them. I never have.

I am sorry, Iron Bull. I am going to take you from your people, now. I hope that the lives of your family will be enough recompense.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Uh why is Varric's card all red and sinister looking now

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    You fucked up

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    it's just part of his story line don't worry

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Let the qunari know me, and know fear; outside of the qun, I do not need it. Outside of the qunari, I do not need them. I never have.

I am sorry, Iron Bull. I am going to take you from your people, now. I hope that the lives of your family will be enough recompense.

...I suppose it was.
    We have lost nothing. Leliana's people and Iron Bull's knowledge will allow us to bring in the new Ben-Hassrath agents whether they want to pass on their information or not.

This Inquisition will not have the qunari's aid, but we would not have had it anyway, not in truth. We do not have their troops; we would not have anyway. We do not have supplies; we would not have anyway. We will keep their information.

One dreadnought for the loyalty of a fighter who loves his men? It is a fair trade.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

...I suppose it was.
    We have lost nothing. Leliana's people and Iron Bull's knowledge will allow us to bring in the new Ben-Hassrath agents whether they want to pass on their information or not.

This Inquisition will not have the qunari's aid, but we would not have had it anyway, not in truth. We do not have their troops; we would not have anyway. We do not have supplies; we would not have anyway. We will keep their information.

One dreadnought for the loyalty of a fighter who loves his men? It is a fair trade.
    specifically, one dreadnought full of people we've never met, for the loyalty of a fighter who loves his men.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Are the fetch quests for each character really necessary as long as I do their actual loyalty mission?

• Options
    "You're not Tal-Vashoth. Not really. You grew up with a family, you never knew anything else."

That

That's actually kind of touching, Bull

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Are the fetch quests for each character really necessary as long as I do their actual loyalty mission?

I don't think so, they just seem to be a sure fire way to get approval up for that character

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?
    CHOOSE YOUR PEOPLE OR YOUR FAMILY sounds like it could be kinda hackey

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

not as far as I could tell, though Blackwall and Solas have so far refused to give me their actual missions

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?

I am coloring it in the description, as I do a lot of things.
    You need to complete a mission that will secure an alliance with the qunari - the entire nation. It will keep red lyrium out of Minrathous, which is enormous.

But completing the mission means that the Chargers will die holding a hill.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?

You need to complete a mission that will secure an alliance with the qunari - the entire nation. It will keep red lyrium out of Minrathous, which is enormous.

I guess I mean does that decision feel like it has weight

Cause without seeing the scenes that lead up to it it seems like I'd only ever pick one of those

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »

not as far as I could tell, though Blackwall and Solas have so far refused to give me their actual missions

just blackwall for me
    I know what his deal is even, just never going to see it (although I wonder if there was something I missed...)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not sure I have any kind of mission at all for Solas

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?
    I thought it was handled pretty hamfistedly. Granted, I may have missed something, but I only met or interacted with the Chargers once, when Iron Bull is going through their introductions. They didn't seemed to be anything beyond the standard wacky misfit mercenary group. Likewise, you don't meet any of the Qunari aboard the dreadnaught, they're just a faceless group to you. It was basically the most distilled version of a video game Sophie's Choice: KILL THIS GROUP OR THIS OTHER GROUP.

And honestly? Lacking any sort of attachment to either group? It was real hard for me to justify saving the five or so Chargers. Saving them means you kill an entire ship of Qunari, you don't get any more military, tactical, or political power (and specifically lose out on some missions and items), and you let more Red Lyrium into Thedas, which is real bad news.

• Options
    edited November 2014

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?

Cause without seeing the scenes that lead up to it it seems like I'd only ever pick one of those

If you read into situations, yes.
    If you spend a lot of time talking ot Krem, like I did, then hell yes.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BLACKWALL

DAMMIT YOU SWARTHY MAN
    "It has to be a Grey Warden sword" eh

"Of course you can kill an archdemon by stabbing it to death" eh

"OF COURSE I DON'T HEAR THE CALLING" EH

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

...I suppose it was.

How is this handled?

If you read into situations, yes.
    If you spend a lot of time talking ot Krem, like I did, then hell yes.
    I think that Chincy might be suggesting that's the only choice he'd ever make

I know it's the only choice I'd ever make

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Could you guys maybe label your spoilers a little better? Like with quest names at least? Its like a fucking minefield in here and I'm pretty far along in the game but had an Iron Bull thing spoiled for me by poor labeling (just said Iron Bull spoilers and I'm pretty far along with him, too)

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sorry Goose

I'll make sure to keep using quest names in the future

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.