As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling] thread is here to show the world

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I hope Anon GM is here for a year and a half and you all have to deal with it

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Man I can't get over how good Big Show did tonight.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Don't they do individual tables, chairs, and ladder matches at TLC now? Might I dare dream an IC title ladder match with Dolph and Harper?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    didn't thepain73 see this live

I wanna hear his reaction to the anon gm sounds

I bet it hurts.

• Options
    OK they only did one TLC match last year.

• Options
    So this whole Cena can only bring back the Authority stip? It has to lead somewhere right? But the only way for it to payoff is if Cena willingly...

Hmm.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So this whole Cena can only bring back the Authority stip? It has to lead somewhere right? But the only way for it to payoff is if Cena willingly...

Hmm.

Sting wants to fight HHH at WM, so Cena has to reinstate him.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "Willing" is such a loose term in wrestling.

Maybe the GM thing ends up with someone worse than the Authority taking charge and Cena needs to reinstate the Authority to help him take this new GM down.

Or maybe Cena puts the stipulation on the line against someone and loses. There are ways to get around it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    If Sting is really willing to wrestle multiple matches, that'd be an interesting match for Elimination Chamber. Sting v. Cena, if Sting wins, the Authority is reinstated and Triple H has to face Sting at WM.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    "Willing" is such a loose term in wrestling.

Maybe the GM thing ends up with someone worse than the Authority taking charge and Cena needs to reinstate the Authority to help him take this new GM down.

Or maybe Cena puts the stipulation on the line against someone and loses. There are ways to get around it.

Now that is a really interesting premise.

• Options
    But who could be worse? Heyman?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    But who could be worse? Heyman?

Mike Adamle

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Damn. Rey Mysterio really let himself go.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

???

• Options

???

Larry the Cable Guy was wearing a Rey mask.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

???

I was making a funny about just seeing a half naked cable guy on my television in a Rey Mysterio mask.

• Options
    Oh. I barely paid attention to that whole thing.

• Options
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    More proof that the WWE Network is great and deserves to be around

I'm watching SummerSlam '98 and in the Kai En Tai vs. Oddities match, they have completely removed the ICP musical performance

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Obviously people are divided on the Anonymous Raw GM.

You know what 100% of people were proven to like? People Power. Make it happen!

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    They improved Fandango....by teaming him with Rosa?

I don't even.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    BLESS YOU, ANONYMOUS RAW GM

BOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lieve?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    They improved Fandango....by teaming him with Rosa?

I don't even.

The alternative was to encase Rosa in a protective foam rubber to prevent her from hurting herself or others during matches.

edit: Oh and they took away the music that fans liked.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Here's the problem: you can call him "new and improved" and switch out dance partners all you want, he's still stuck in a dead-end dancing gimmick that has limited upward mobility and that they've already shown that they'll give up on at the drop of a hat. Plus, Johnny Curtis is just an average wrestler at best and the old theme was the only thing about him that was over in the first place, but they could have at least worked around that by giving him a more serious gimmick, and no, "more serious guy who is still a dancer" is not what I mean.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Oh Shit! You just called Johnny Curtis average, you's about to be dogpiled by some folk.

I think he's probably above average, and anybody who's willing to do a top rope legdrop that good deserves some respect, 'cause that move will fuck you up.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Oh Shit! You just called Johnny Curtis average, you's about to be dogpiled by some folk.

I think he's probably above average, and anybody who's willing to do a top rope legdrop that good deserves some respect, 'cause that move will fuck you up.

I won't dogpile, but I will absolutely stripe somebody for shit talking the legend that is Johnny Curtis.

Curtis is an absolute natural.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    You know what? I'm taking a stand here. Johnny Curtis is nothing special, and I have little to no interest in seeing him rise in the WWE ranks at the expense of more talented people.

Come get me.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Johnny Curtis isn't bad. He in fact could be very good. If he were in ROH or PWG long enough he could probably adapt and keep up with the style. He has a lot of charisma. Honestly the dancer gimmick is a waste of his potential. He's just been put in a lot of mediocre shit and thus doesn't stand out.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

He's going to be crippled by the time he's 45 if he does that every match.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I miss ann dango

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I miss Ann Dango and also my boyfriend cesaro

where was he??

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Curtis' main upside is his abundance of charisma. He's incredibly entertaining with pretty much any material you give to him, and that's a talent which is in short supply in the WWE.
    Also he's a good base, sure he's not much more than an average worker but he's adaptable enough and capable enough that he can work with pretty much anyone and be alright.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    RAW made me realize one thing, I'm absolutely over the whole evil boss in charge aspect. It's why I hated the ending, you get rid of the authority and now we got the anonymous GM again? A storyline that was finished in a shitty way once they stopped giving a damn about it? Why not keep the authority in that case. RAW was good because for once there was no big boss in charge who hated people and wanted to be a dick. Sure you had Bryan in charge but he made things fun and in a way gave the heels their comeuppance which everyone wanted to see. Last night made me realize how much I want to see things develop naturally again and have wrestlers feud with each other because they have issue with someone.

We could use a break from the big bad boss which has more or less been going on since the SCSA era when McMahon became the evil asshole boss.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Is the anonymous gm edge

I bet it's edge

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2014
    it's triple h using a text to speech program so that it says stuff like "You're here to show the world, Dolph? Well, you can show off in a handicap match against Seth Rollins, Luke Harper and Corporate Kane. Call him the Demon Kane. He's not a demon anymore. Call him the Demon Kane. But he's Call him the Demon Kane, damn it. Fine. Fine. You can show off in a handicap match against Seth Rollins, Luke Harper and the Demon Kane. Are you happy? Does he even have his wig anymore? I think this is pretty obvious that it's us, we should probably be more subtle. Send it, I don't care. How do you review this before you send it."

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular

BOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quiet, Slater Hater

The only thing worse than the Anon GM would be Heath Slater as GM.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular

BOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lieve?

I stand corrected. This would be the darkest timeline.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    didn't thepain73 see this live

I wanna hear his reaction to the anon gm sounds

Tiny review of the night incoming:

I saw them setting it up off camera, and all I could yell was "no no nooooooooo"

Not because I think it's going to suck, but because I think Edge will come back and break the laptop again and I will miss live Edge.

We got Daniel Bryan though which was WAY unexpected and awesome.

No Sting which made me sad, no Bad News Barrett which made me sadder.

During the Harper/Dean match, one of the Indianapolis Colts bought a whole thing of cotton candy and was throwing it into the crowd, he was kicked out by security. Boos and "let him stay" chants galore.

The dark match was a mixed bag, Cena didn't know what we wanted because there were eight different chants going.

So he just beat up Michael Cole and J&J Security. Even though the promoted dark match was Ambrose/Cena vs Rollins/Wyatt.

I would rate the show a 4/10. If D-Bry hadn't shown up it would have been lower but that was a nice surprise.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Wasn't the anon GM revealed to be Hornswoggle the whole time?

This discussion has been closed.