As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pimp Cup / Chalice Recommendations?

naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
This year, I've organized a new fantasy football league for some friends who haven't played before (including @Zonugal‌, @Seattle Thread‌, and @Captain Cthulhu‌). With the season reaching its end, we're looking into options for a championship trophy.

I'm leaning toward a customized "pimp cup" or chalice. The more gaudy and over-the-top the better. Here are my requirements.
  • Customizable with at least 5 characters, but preferably more
  • Made of actual glass, not plexiglass, lexan, etc
  • Safe to drink out of
  • "Blinged out" (ie. lots of sparkly shit all over it)
  • Preferably around $80, but possibly as much as $120

Googling this gets a load of really poorly designed sites of dubious provenance. As silly as it sounds, does anyone have experience ordering these? I guess some folks use them as gifts for wedding parties, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone here had ordered them before.

• InxInx Registered User regular
    I was browsing Etsy last week with the search term "Chalice". I saw some things that might fit the bill and looked like they were decently constructed. Give that a try?

• naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Inx wrote: »
    I was browsing Etsy last week with the search term "Chalice". I saw some things that might fit the bill and looked like they were decently constructed. Give that a try?

A-duhhhhhhhhhhh. Wow, I am kind of a world-class dummy for not checking Etsy FIRST THING. Will rectify immediately.

Other than that great suggestion, does anyone else have any ideas?

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I don't know about the US, but around here's specialized shops where you can browse and buy sports trophies and have them engraved. You might want to see if you can find anything similar around where you live.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Find a trophy shop or something similar. Also if you live near a military installation, those shops tend to have a bit more unusual random stuff for engraving and may be somewhat in the area of what you wanted. That will also allow you to put your hands on the thing and make sure it doesn't feel too terribly cheap.

Also why glass? I feel like polished metal would look pretty glorious and engraving it would show up better.

PSN: jfrofl
    Radiation wrote: »
    Find a trophy shop or something similar. Also if you live near a military installation, those shops tend to have a bit more unusual random stuff for engraving and may be somewhat in the area of what you wanted. That will also allow you to put your hands on the thing and make sure it doesn't feel too terribly cheap.

Also why glass? I feel like polished metal would look pretty glorious and engraving it would show up better.

Mainly because glass is a known quantity; while I'm sure there are ways to fuck it up, you pretty much know that you can safely drink from a glass cup. There are lots of things that can be present in a metal chalice however, which could make it dangerous to drink from it.

Also, engraving isn't a priority. Although now that you mention it, adding the champ's name each season and reusing the cup for each champion sounds like a great idea...

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    naporeon wrote: »

Mainly because glass is a known quantity; while I'm sure there are ways to fuck it up, you pretty much know that you can safely drink from a glass cup. There are lots of things that can be present in a metal chalice however, which could make it dangerous to drink from it.

Also, engraving isn't a priority. Although now that you mention it, adding the champ's name each season and reusing the cup for each champion sounds like a great idea...

Just make sure you wash it between seasons...

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    BouwsT wrote: »

Just make sure you wash it between seasons...

Only if you want to wash the glory of winning away...

PSN: jfrofl
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I am hurt that you never thought to ask me

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »

Do...do you have a pimp cup, Kawika?

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »