As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW]WARLORDS OF DRAENOR: 2015, the Year of the Elekk

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Don't the portals in the capital cities go to your garrison? Just portal hop back from ashran

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Also

I don't know why poison and diseases are things in dungeons anymore

Leave that shit for raids, if you have to have it at all

You have one healer in a dungeon, they should be able to dispel 100% of everything in it

First Aid in Draenor makes items that cleanse poisons and diseases and I think even magic.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to solve a weird chat channel bug? I use a custom channel to chat with a few real life friends. Typically that channel is assigned to /3. But for some reason, I have an invisible /3 that I cannot get rid of.

When I open my tab and look at my global chat channels, this is what I see:
    /1 General
    /2 Trade
    /4 private channel

There is no /3 on the list. And it isn't local or global defense, because I have left those channels. This error occurs on two of my dudes. One guy I made from scratch, and it was broken from the moment he was born. The other dude was server transferred and was level 90 when I transferred him. The 90 was previously setup on the old server correctly, but when I server transferred him I now have this mysterious invisible /3 and it's driving me crazy.

• Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Hmm. That's a good point.

Granted those almost certainly take your potion cooldown so they're not without their cost.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I timed the flight from the horde garrison to Warspear. I was wrong, it's actually 3 minutes on the nose. Which is... dumb. And it's taking a direct route too. On the flip side, if you anticipate a wait longer than that, then fly rather than teleport.

I was going to try seeing if there's something in the capital cities. If you talk to Khadgar, he just teleports you to the dark portal. If you enter that, it goes back to Warspear. And then... the servers exploded and it looks I'm not the only one who can get on. Yeesh.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    Battle.net is having a stroke.

Real glad we hooked up multiple games with several million players each to one log-in.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Also

You have one healer in a dungeon, they should be able to dispel 100% of everything in it

First Aid in Draenor makes items that cleanse poisons and diseases and I think even magic.

They are not usable in instances for reasons.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I'm glad I wasn't doing anything important. Some guildies are pissed because they were well into MC's that got dumped.

EDIT: haha, a queue to get into the b.net app.

Not even a game, the damn launcher. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Real glad we hooked up multiple games with several million players each to one log-in.

Well, at least while you wait for things to get back up you can play Starcr...

...Right. Well how about some single player Diabl...

...Oh.

This wasn't a good idea, was it? :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Anyone know how to solve a weird chat channel bug? I use a custom channel to chat with a few real life friends. Typically that channel is assigned to /3. But for some reason, I have an invisible /3 that I cannot get rid of.

/1 General
    /2 Trade
    /4 private channel

There is no /3 on the list. And it isn't local or global defense, because I have left those channels. This error occurs on two of my dudes. One guy I made from scratch, and it was broken from the moment he was born. The other dude was server transferred and was level 90 when I transferred him. The 90 was previously setup on the old server correctly, but when I server transferred him I now have this mysterious invisible /3 and it's driving me crazy.

I think that usually /3 is the "local defense" channel that says stuff like "ashenvale is under attack". not sure you can leave that channel.

Also yeah the bnet servers just had a heart attack and now millions of players of different games are now beating it to death while an IV drip (the queue) tries to keep it alive.

• Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    You can still log in to the game directly. Just launch the wow exe

404 not found
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, wow, I had missed that Master Plan updated to be even more awesome. (Was using 0.3 for a while. It's like 0.8 now.) They've got a "Speedy Turn-In" screen that just shotguns through the results of your missions. It can also generate group set-ups via the LFG eye on the window with the highest chance of success and mission completion time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Samphis wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    Also

They are not usable in instances for reasons.

Well. So much for those.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Jimbo wrote: »
    You can still log in to the game directly. Just launch the wow exe

90%'s! Characters not Founds!

Time warp to two weeks ago!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I heartily recommend TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS, if you're looking to pass the time in que...

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Wow, a bunch of servers are offline too.
    The horde flight path is clearly bugged. Garrison to Warspear is fine. Like 2 minutes. It takes almost a straight shot there. Coincidentally what you would probably do if you could fly yourself. Going back though, the second you hit Frostfire, the flight screeches to a halt and goes the rest of the way at like the old 60% mounts. I don't know why it would do this otherwise.

Even then. 5 minute flight vs 20 minute stone wait.

Edit: I'm completely forgetting the fact that at lv3 (or maybe 2, I don't know if it's there), there's a portal to Warspear. So nobody ever need take it. Return trip is dumb and bugged though, no doubt about that.

It was allegedly hotfixed, apparently it had something to do with the shamanstone buffs. Once it was applied it was putting the brakes on the flightpoint.

• Options
    heh, only character I could get on is my mage so I thought I'd do the draenor intro stuff; nothing is spawning!

• Options

...Oh.

If you're an Activision stockholder it probably seems like a swell idea.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

...Oh.

I am suddenly reminded of that major Nintendo stockholder that was so frustrated and confused at why people were just talking about video games in a meeting concerning the future plans of the company regarding the Wii U.

• Options
    So Elitist Jerks seems kinda...dead these days. Is there a reasonable alternative, or am I going to do slog through the official forums or MMOC's shithole for information?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

/1 General
    /2 Trade
    /4 private channel

I think that usually /3 is the "local defense" channel that says stuff like "ashenvale is under attack". not sure you can leave that channel.

Also yeah the bnet servers just had a heart attack and now millions of players of different games are now beating it to death while an IV drip (the queue) tries to keep it alive.

I'm pretty sure this is because of the local defense channel; I don't know this for a fact but I'm pretty sure it happens because the game decides to turn it back on when you wander into a pvp zone (like ashran.) It's not even actually a channel, it just gives you the zone notifications.

maybe try assigning LocalDefense to /4 manually? Other than that I'm not sure. Maybe there's an addon that'll manage it for you

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So Elitist Jerks seems kinda...dead these days. Is there a reasonable alternative, or am I going to do slog through the official forums or MMOC's shithole for information?

Generally IcyVeins is the go-to site nowadays for most info in regards to classes and specs.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited November 2014

Noxxic is a (fairly) concise site that can tell you good stuff about how to play your specialization. I've heard it doesn't maintain information that well but looking over the guides for classes I already understand the current information looks pretty good.

Icy-veins has very throughout guides for all specializations. It's my primary source when I want to know pros and cons of talents and what statistics I should probably aim for.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in 3.5 years. I didn't think I was coming back, but I got talked into resubbing for the new expansion today.

And, of course, I can't play because the servers are dying.

So, not much has changed! :P

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Sit in queue for 30 minutes; game crashes within five

If I told past me that I'd be doing the same fucking shit ten years later, they'd probably say "Wow, we really are idiots."

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Sit in queue for 30 minutes; game crashes within five

If I told past me that I'd be doing the same fucking shit ten years later, they'd probably say "Wow, we really are idiots."

Gotta get that next hit though, the heroin is strong with this one.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It's a DDoS attack. Not much they can do to foresee something like that.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

...Oh.

It's dumb times like now, but I wouldn't have bought back into WoW with the xpac if I hadn't had to stare at their ads every time I went to log into HotS.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Generally IcyVeins is the go-to site nowadays for most info in regards to classes and specs.

Where does the actual discussion around this stuff happen though? Elitist Jerks was nice because they provided both the conclusions about various best-practise gearing and talents, but also the discussions and reasoning were available to read through and agree or disagree with.

Icy Veins just presents everything as gospel with minimal explanation.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they have forums too; it's not as good or as rigorously moderated as EJ in the old days, but it's not totally awful

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've found that the class forums on MMO Champion are pretty good, at least for paladins.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Icy-Veins articles are typically written up by one or two experienced players or theorycrafters for whatever spec the write up is about. For some classes/specs you can find the theory stuff on the Icy-Veins forums, the MMO-C forums, or a website dedicated specifically to that class (I know a bunch of guys from the mage forum on MMO-C made altered-time.com for mage theorycrafting).

It's not all organised into one place like it was on EJ. It's still around, but it can be a pain to find.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh thank god.

You need to log into the various characters to get their mount and pet stuff added to the collection. When I didn't see the Hippogryph come up I wasn't a happy camper.

That was one of the worst grinds I ever took upon myself.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Enchanting illusions is a really cool idea, get some use out of some of the older flashier enchants.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Doesn't have all of them though.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Wow, a bunch of servers are offline too.
    The horde flight path is clearly bugged. Garrison to Warspear is fine. Like 2 minutes. It takes almost a straight shot there. Coincidentally what you would probably do if you could fly yourself. Going back though, the second you hit Frostfire, the flight screeches to a halt and goes the rest of the way at like the old 60% mounts. I don't know why it would do this otherwise.

Even then. 5 minute flight vs 20 minute stone wait.

Edit: I'm completely forgetting the fact that at lv3 (or maybe 2, I don't know if it's there), there's a portal to Warspear. So nobody ever need take it. Return trip is dumb and bugged though, no doubt about that.

It was allegedly hotfixed, apparently it had something to do with the shamanstone buffs. Once it was applied it was putting the brakes on the flightpoint.

It can still happen though. If it does, log out and then back in and it should be fixed.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So, Garrison Invasions. I had one (Shadowmoon Clan) and I fail to see how to get Gold. When my friend and I finished it, we were barely above 800 points, and you need 1000. Does having one extra person make that big of a difference?

Also, any clue how long the quest will last with the Sarge? My friend got his own Shadowmoon Clan invasion, but rewards are only obtainable once per week, so if we lose out, no big deal, but he doubts it will still be there again come Tuesday.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    When the place is getting DDOS'ed nothing to do but go watch http://map.ipviking.com/ and eat some chips.

It's like Wargames.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    When the place is getting DDOS'ed nothing to do but go watch http://map.ipviking.com/ and eat some chips.

It's like Wargames.

Of course Geth would LOVE it.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.