As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No one likes her, but Sera was never an agreeable girl [Inquisition]

OghulkOghulk Tinychat JanitorTinychatRegistered User regular
edited December 2014 in Social Entropy++
GtIuxDT.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Zkun0tJc4
Sera was never quite an agreeable girl -
Her tongue tells tales of rebellion.
But she was so fast,
And quick with her bow,
No one quite knew where she came from.

Sera was never quite the quietest girl -
Her attacks are low and they're joyful.
But she knew the ways of nobler men,
And she knew how to enrage them.

She would always like to say,
"Why change the past,
when you can own this day?"
Today she will fight,
To keep her way.
She's a rogue and a thief,
And she'll tempt your fate.

Sera was never quite the wealthiest girl -
Some say she lives in a tavern.
But she was so sharp,
and quick with bow -
Arrows strike like a dragon.

Sera was never quite the gentlest girl -
Her eyes were sharp like a razor.
But she knew the ways of commoner men,
And she knew just how to use them.

I could copy the entire OP from the last thread, that was really impressive, but I'll edit in some of the more important stuff soon enough.

I mean, everyone reading this probably has the game, right? Right. Anyways, let's hunt some Elder Ones.

Oghulk on

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I wonder how art and literature are handled under the Qun. Anything produced would undoubtedly be heavily censored, but do they even have artists to begin with?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    edit nevermind I'm dumb

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    I wonder how art and literature are handled under the Qun. Anything produced would undoubtedly be heavily censored, but do they even have artists to begin with?

yes, and it is not heavily censored

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So do Solas and Vivienne have any kind of personal quests associated with them?
    They've barely spoken to me all game, but then I don't bring them along much

And when I did bring them along it felt like they were pretty much 50/50 on approving or disapproving of any given choice I'd make so I think they're probably still pretty close to wherever they start on that

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

No but the secret police come and get you if you publish anything that disagrees with the qun of course

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    cole's personal quest
    you know it occurs to me that cole isn't too different from nightmare, I was wary of making him more spirity because even "good" spirits can very easily go bad

but I think varric is ultimately trying to mold cole too much, compassion did not take cole's form willingly but was transformed by his pain, as justice was transformed by anders' anger, and leading him further down that path might not be the best idea

watching both ends of the quest, cole seems happier either way

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

No but the secret police come and get you if you publish anything that disagrees with the qun of course

that's a good islamic point

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

And when I did bring them along it felt like they were pretty much 50/50 on approving or disapproving of any given choice I'd make so I think they're probably still pretty close to wherever they start on that

Vivienne definitely does

PSN- AHermano
  • Options

that's a good islamic point

I still don't know what this means

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Breaking news Cassandra is the best

Experts say if you disagree you are a busta

Solar on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    My sources can confirm these reports

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I'm so far behind the general curve on this game

I JUST made my mages/templar choice

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This game is 45 bucks in Amazon today but I just got like 8 new games...

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Cassandra is the best companion but i would most want to hang out with vivienne irl

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Every single follower has a companion quest.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Dorian is the best despite having strayed from the loving fold of glorious Tevinter

He will make a fine magister once this youthful rebelliousness has passed

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Vivienne definitely does

yeah Viv has given me both a collection quest and a personal quest despite hardly ever using her.

Solas has given me squat though I'm sure he has one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    So I'm working on that Warden questline that takes you into the western approach.
    Interrupted a blood magic ritual that's sacrificing the soldier wardens and turning the mage ones into mind slaves.

At one point, while the blood mage asshole is ranting, I close the fade rift he was using just to make him shut the fuck up.

THAT is how you end a fucking argument, people.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Also, out of all the characters I could have romanced

I was not expecting to end up attached to Josephine.

She is the best.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Yo I heard a rumor that this can mess up SSDs due to lots of writing/re-writing when loading/randomizing the open world stuff. Is this true at all?

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    the name of Vivienne's personal quest is actually by far the single greatest thing about her.
    Bring Me the Heart of Snow White

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    I don't think I have gotten a single personal quest, though everyone but Iron Bull and Solas has given me a collection quest.

Solas has given me a quest to go help a friend though. Are they triggered by approval or just unlocked via conversation?

Still have yet to get Cassandra to tell me bout her brother.

Story wise, the next big story beat looks to be wicked hearts.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular

So how does it work? If you're assigned a role at a young age, how do they select those who will grow up to have a masterful command of language? If you find you have a talent for something later in life, can you go to the re-educators hoping to get re-classified, as Bull did?

If there's no censorship then that's great; I recall Gatt said he was hoping to change some aspects of the Qun from within so it's good there's room for discourse. That said, while there may be no explicit censorship, knowledge of the secret police will have many people self-censor out of fear.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Yo I heard a rumor that this can mess up SSDs due to lots of writing/re-writing when loading/randomizing the open world stuff. Is this true at all?

From what I found from a few minutes of searching, no, doesn't look to be true.

And it isn't DA being accused of being bad for the SSD so much as the form of DRM it uses, "Denuvo".

Personally, I've been running it on Samsung 840 evo and have been putting in some work. I haven't noticed any issues and out of 40 something hours of play have had only one crash.

• Options
    edited December 2014

So how does it work? If you're assigned a role at a young age, how do they select those who will grow up to have a masterful command of language? If you find you have a talent for something later in life, can you go to the re-educators hoping to get re-classified, as Bull did?

If there's no censorship then that's great; I recall Gatt said he was hoping to change some aspects of the Qun from within so it's good there's room for discourse. That said, while there may be no explicit censorship, knowledge of the secret police will have many people self-censor out of fear.

those who show a predilection for the arts will be assigned to such a role at 12 years old, I assume afterwards they are moved from the care of the tamassrans into working under adult writers or artists

the tamassrans don't just pick jobs out of a hat, they spend many years raising children and guide them as a school counselor would. the breeding program gives them a headstart on what a person might be good at, but if they show unexpected talent elsewhere then they will be assigned to the more appropriate role

you probably could get reassigned later in life, the qun wants and needs you in the best place you can be. but I imagine that doesn't happen super often since the tamassrans are pretty good at their jobs. even the iron bull's reassignment is largely just a change of context, he's still using the same skills as he did in seheron

the coercive streak among the qunari is absolutely their biggest problem, and not even ideologically supported by the qun since a person should not need to be forced to discover their true nature

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »

From what I found from a few minutes of searching, no, doesn't look to be true.

And it isn't DA being accused of being bad for the SSD so much as the form of DRM it uses, "Denuvo".

Personally, I've been running it on Samsung 840 evo and have been putting in some work. I haven't noticed any issues and out of 40 something hours of play have had only one crash.

If this is related to the no music/party banter bug, there is a weird fix that seems to help a lot of people, go to the war room and fast travel to one of the points. It seems the bug is related to leaving the war room without fast traveling, there is a thread on the bioware forums about it.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ugh god Merrill stop being so adorable.

Ok so far in DA2 I have Bethany, Varric, Aveline, Merrill and Anders. I still have Fenric (?) and Isabella left to get, right? Is that everyone? Is Aveline going to be my only warrior?

• Options
    Fenris is a warrior

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Oh right. For some reason I thought he was another mage. I was wondering why the game gave me so many mages.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Ugh god Merrill stop being so adorable.

Ok so far in DA2 I have Bethany, Varric, Aveline, Merrill and Anders. I still have Fenric (?) and Isabella left to get, right? Is that everyone? Is Aveline going to be my only warrior?

Fenris you find as part of a sidequest so make sure you're doing everything

Isabella you just need to go to the hanged man

• Options
    Cool cool, thanks for the tip.

Overall I am enjoying it a lot. The combat is actually fun. I'm glad I restarted as a rogue, too, I'm enjoying it more than the bit I did with a warrior. I love using Back to Back to teleport across an area and rescue a companion, makes me feel like a badass.

There doesn't seem to be as much opportunity to talk to my party members as in Origins though, unless I'm missing something. I try talking to them and a lot of the time they just have a one-line response.

• Options
    oh, cassandra just gave me the "i'm straight" talk

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

oh I didn't' know there was a whole talk

I just got a rebuff and a "Cassandra dissapproves" when I hit on her

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    I don't think I have gotten a single personal quest, though everyone but Iron Bull and Solas has given me a collection quest.

Solas has given me a quest to go help a friend though. Are they triggered by approval or just unlocked via conversation?

Still have yet to get Cassandra to tell me bout her brother.

Story wise, the next big story beat looks to be wicked hearts.

You're at about the same area as me give or take. I've not done Wicked but have been doing a lot of bigger sidequest stuff and I've gotten a lot of fetch/personal quests now. All but certain it's approval rating.
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also, out of all the characters I could have romanced

I was not expecting to end up attached to Josephine.

She is the best.

This is the straight up truth, people. Straight from the Goat's mouth. And now I've got Leliana nagging me.

And I'm torn on best companion. I've had Blackwall and Dorian in the group lately and they keep chatting about being incredibly drunk on questionable brew and hating each other. It's great.

• Options

that's odd, cassandra always reacted positively to the flirting for me

the talk was actually a really good scene and I'm glad it's in there

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Cool cool, thanks for the tip.

Overall I am enjoying it a lot. The combat is actually fun. I'm glad I restarted as a rogue, too, I'm enjoying it more than the bit I did with a warrior. I love using Back to Back to teleport across an area and rescue a companion, makes me feel like a badass.

There doesn't seem to be as much opportunity to talk to my party members as in Origins though, unless I'm missing something. I try talking to them and a lot of the time they just have a one-line response.

yeah unfortunately DA2 follows the now standard bioware tip of "dialogue refreshes at set points"

basically you only get new dialogue with them after big events. mostly act changes but I think maybe a few other times?

• Options
    Oh right. For some reason I thought he was another mage.

I wouldn't tell him that.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    in general I think inquistion is a really big step up on the romance front which I don't think has ever really been done well in previous games

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    He's got magic bullshit all over him, that's kind of like a mage, yeah?

• Options

that's odd, cassandra always reacted positively to the flirting for me

the talk was actually a really good scene and I'm glad it's in there

I flirted with her once and now the option isn't even available

This discussion has been closed.