Options

No one likes her, but Sera was never an agreeable girl [Inquisition]

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    NWK wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    I would probably given sera far more of a chance if she hadn't been so instantly insufferable. The accent and speech patterns there were a real killer.

So I actually have a question for our resident brits

I found an interview with the voice actress about a previous role

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s54/survivors/tubetalk/a193746/tube-talks-survivors-week-robyn-addison.html#~oY8XrntZuMHHHK

It looks like they literally just took her voice and pitched it up

does that being how she actually talks make it better or worse

For me personally, it isn't her accent I dislike, it's her diction.

OK this is a weird thing but like, you know how when you're on the phone with a friend you can almost hear when they're smiling or grinning? Just the subtle changes in pitch or whatever let you know they're happy, with Sera most of the time it sounds to me like she's sneering and I can picture her sneer and it's just thoroughly unpleasant.

Also watching more Sera banter videos, whatever goodwill towards her I got from the Iron Bull videos has been obliterated by the Cole ones and her insisting on referring to him as 'it' and a 'thing'. It's gross.
    Right at the end there is a bit where she refers to him as "he" though, so I guess that's some growth? But it's just so little you know?

I always hear her as grinning but I know what you mean

And fair enough. I think she treats cole pretty crappily too but I also know she's been told her whole life to fear the fade and even that small growth is something

Everybody has a pairing or two where the people are crappy two each other

cole/sera and vivienne/blackwall are notable because the shittyness is basically one-sided, and yeah I don't really like them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Doesn't really bother me either way

It's probably more irritating because it's pitched up and also the way that it feels like a written script rather than natural slang

But it could just be that she has an irritating voice anyway (for me). It was a strong gut reaction more than anything, I didn't really think about it.

• Options
    I have to stop watching banter videos

I want to hear them in the game itself dangit

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't even know what sera sounds like, because I play with no sound.

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Holy FUCK the banter between Vivienne and Blackwall.

This is awful D:

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options

This is awful D:

That one is the worst one for me

And its why I stopped using Viv

So I totally get just saying nope to a character

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    I don't even know what sera sounds like, because I play with no sound.

Ms Chilla bought me noise-cancelling headphones <3

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah, i have some logitec headphones but currently the only time I play is when I'm holding a napping baby, and the wire gets in the way and i'm like eh whatever

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    yeah, i have some logitec headphones but currently the only time I play is when I'm holding a napping baby, and the wire gets in the way and i'm like eh whatever

Langly

I thought you were teasing me

I didn't realize you actually don't play with sound

• Options

This is awful D:

That one is the worst one for me

And its why I stopped using Viv

So I totally get just saying nope to a character

Like sera is an ass to cole, not gonna deny that

but I get why

Viv is just kind of an enormous ass to blackwall for no real reason (at least until spoilerspoilerspoiler)

• Options

It's probably more irritating because it's pitched up and also the way that it feels like a written script rather than natural slang

But it could just be that she has an irritating voice anyway (for me). It was a strong gut reaction more than anything, I didn't really think about it.

Fair enough, I heard a lot of people from UK say it was worse because they were british so I was just curious

• Options

Fair enough, I heard a lot of people from UK say it was worse because they were british so I was just curious

It sounds like fake British slang. The accent not so much, but the cadence and terms? Yeah.

• Options

It sounds like fake British slang. The accent not so much, but the cadence and terms? Yeah.

Okay gotcha I guess I misunderstood it as an issue with the accent

Fair enough, fake southern slang drives me up the wall so I get it

• Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular

Yeah, it's this.

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yeah I mostly find her okay but I agree that the way she speaks doesn't sound very natural.

• Options
    I don't know how many people here don't have the game yet but

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-PlayStation-4/dp/B00JUFT1F6/&tag=gamespot-vg-20

Amazon has it on sale for 40$

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So I've done like five personal quests

I'm kinda disappointed how short they are

They're important and well written but I feel like each of them should have been elaborated on more

I mean solas' was literally about 2 minutes

This may just be the way the missions are structured, I don't know

But I couldn't help comparing them to the Mass Effect 2 loyalty missions, of which there were about six hundred and all of them felt quite a bit longer and with more talking

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

They're important and well written but I feel like each of them should have been elaborated on more

But I couldn't help comparing them to the Mass Effect 2 loyalty missions, of which there were about six hundred and all of them felt quite a bit longer and with more talking

The ME2 loyalty missions were the meat of the game

I guess I'd have preferred more of this game be that and less of the other sidequests if I get right down to it

• Options
    Blackwall does sound like a northerner though so all is forgiven

• Options
    I'm tellin you man

Appalachian Accent Country

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

I guess I'd have preferred more of this game be that and less of the other sidequests if I get right down to it

So much of DA2 was focused on your companions that I kind of assumed the series would have that kind of focus going forward, but I get the impression that that wasn't on the docket for this game

Which, you know, I love this game

But the primary reason I love it is the characters and I could have stood Cassandra's loyalty mission, just as an example, having about twice as much talking and more post-mission dialogue to go over

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

So much of DA2 was focused on your companions that I kind of assumed the series would have that kind of focus going forward, but I get the impression that that wasn't on the docket for this game

But the primary reason I love it is the characters and I could have stood Cassandra's loyalty mission, just as an example, having about twice as much talking and more post-mission dialogue to go over

Yeah for sure

Cassandras especially I thought there was going to be more

That's a huge thing that doesn't really get explored

Same with Bull

Solas' and Seras barely felt like missions

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    okay all zones cleared, all dragons deaded, endgame gear crafted for everybody

let us see... the final piece

Well, uh, later in the day anyway

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    okay all zones cleared, all dragons deaded, endgame gear crafted for everybody

let us see... the final piece

Well, uh, later in the day anyway

This game is the first game I've been wishing I was playing at work in quite some time

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Leliana is poor because
    Okay so I've been avoiding reading this thread because da is one of the games I get super anal about spoilers for but I have one question

I'm gonna get it on ps4, is it worth the extra twenty bucks to get the deluxe edition? Why/why not, and what comes in it?

If it's anything like the PC deluxe edition it's a bunch of extra armor/weapons that look kinda neat I guess. Also a digital version of the soundtrack.

This sounds kind of not worth it? I was just worried they'd lock a character behind it but if it's only small items and stuff then yeah I'm not spending the extra.

You get the Bog Unicorn and Red Hart, a unique throne, and a single free bonus chest in multiplayer.

Don't buy the deluxe edition it's total bullshit.

• Options
    The deluxe edition does sound like a REMARKABLY bad deal

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    The deluxe edition does sound like a REMARKABLY bad deal

They promised some extra bonus content when it was first announced. Ended up being a single 1200 gold chest in multi. The pre-order bonus is more useful and substantial.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I periodically collect banners, I think it shows a total of 22. Do they display anywhere?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

Yeah for sure

Cassandras especially I thought there was going to be more

That's a huge thing that doesn't really get explored

Same with Bull

Solas' and Seras barely felt like missions

I think this would feel way worse if there was a better way to tell when your party members had new dialogue because as is there is a lot of running up to them, checking the wheel, seeing nothing new, and running away

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    re: sera

lmao if you didn't laugh at her introduction

"I'm Sera. That's cover. Get behind it. The other guards are coming."

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I periodically collect banners, I think it shows a total of 22. Do they display anywhere?

In the Undercroft Skyhold modification table there's a banner tab where you can preview their looks.

488W936.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Skyhold modifications

Where on earth do I get a new bed at

• Options

I don't think you can

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    re: sera

lmao if you didn't laugh at her introduction

"I'm Sera. That's cover. Get behind it. The other guards are coming."

Yeah I didn't laugh at that "joke"

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    There's a furniture merchant in Val Royeaux, across from the seating area.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Val royeaux shop

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I don't think you can

There's a whole tab for it in the upgrade screen

• Options
    Everything's subjective

The comedy of a character that's divisive especially so

I like it but totally doesn't surprise me that people dont

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I don't think you can

There is a store in the big city that sells them. It opens up after you get Skyhold. They sell beds and other things.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Everything's subjective

The comedy of a character that's divisive especially so

I like it but totally doesn't surprise me that people dont

Yeah, I really liked Sera, but I like characters who have a lot more going on than first glance.

This discussion has been closed.