As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Game Awards, The Playstation Experience and the end of the year hype train

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    SUPER MARIO WORLD IN MARIO MAKER YEEEEESSSSSSSS

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Announcement from Miyamoto.

Picture of Splatoon.
    Single still of Wii U Starfox shown.
    30th anniversary of Mario Bros.
    Talking a bit about Mario Maker.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    wait really, that's it? Just some fucking Mario Maker footage?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure Titanfall was this year. And I did really like it I just.. immediately stopped playing it and it seemed like people in general stopped talking about it

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Pretty sure Titanfall was this year. And I did really like it I just.. immediately stopped playing it and it seemed like people in general stopped talking about it
    Balefuego wrote: »

I don't think they'd shown the Mario World tileset yet had they?

Also the physics did look different but that could honestly just be wishful thinking on my part

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The voice of Snake

:(

(he's a great Big Boss though)

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

I was in Japan when it launched so I had the benefit of being late to the party and getting it after a bunch of patches. I wonder how it would have gone if it launched with all the stuff it has now.

• Options
    Also I thought David Hayter was about to walk on stage

• Options
    poor kiefer, was this part of his metal gear contract?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Might as well have said a James Cameron that will go nameless.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Kief, just rapping with us, feeling honored, going off-prompt.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The entire game industry, huh?

No, no it's okay Geoff

it's okay it it must've gotten lost

sig.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah that was kind of a dick move (the voice of snake bit).

Also, I find it funny he's trying to harp on the technology as the thing to sell his friend on video games. Not even Keifer Sutherland can make the MGS plot seem sane.

• Options
    I really really don't care about how movies are the past and video games are the future

it just seems like

a dumb argument

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kiefer pretty good at talking off the cuff.

Kojima taking the stage.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Sometimes I feel like Kojima is the only guy in the entire videogame industry who's actually having fun all the time.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    If David Hayter is ever gonna walk on a stage in his life, this is the time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Did they bring out Kiefer just to bring out Kojima

• Options
    METAL GEAR ONLIN

sig.gif
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Everyone, please be excited to see Metal Gear multiplayer.

Please?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

And then Kojima brought out this guy

think about it

is anything real

sig.gif
  • Options

Also the physics did look different but that could honestly just be wishful thinking on my part

look, Mario Maker is neat looking and all, but if their big show opening "WORLD PREMIERE" video was just a new feature for a level editor they are putting out.. that's not exactly changing my opinion on the WiiU as a waste of time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I really really don't care about how movies are the past and video games are the future

it just seems like

a dumb argument

You know just like how books were completely replaced by movies... waaaaaait

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    And did they bring out Kojima just to bring out the LA guy

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

To bring out another guy.

• Options

Big Boss, son.

• Options
    so far we've had two

WORLD PREMIERES

a new tileset for mario maker and the like 12th trailer for a game that's been announced for 2 years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

look, Mario Maker is neat looking and all, but if their big show opening "WORLD PREMIERE" video was just a new feature for a level editor they are putting out.. that's not exactly changing my opinion on the WiiU as a waste of time.

I don't really see the Wii U as a waste of time

I mean yeah I do think it really sucks that Nintendo hamstrung themselves so much.. again... by building a machine that can't handle multi-platform games.

But it's cheap as heck and still has a pretty strong first party library, in addition to Wii backwards compatibility and a bunch of Virtual Console stuff.

Though yeah, if you aren't into Nintendo's first party stuff it is probably not for you

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I was really hoping for more than a picture from Starfox

And it was kind of a given before the show that WORLD PREMIER was going to get thrown around like crazy

Artreus on
  • Options
    Was that Retroyver Bakelot?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    That was a spectacularly run-of-the-mill-looking multiplayer mode.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm glad that one guy in the audience is so happy to be there

• Options
    Please tell me whoever plays as Ocelot has all button but 1 dedicated to gun tricks.

The other button is shoot.

• Options
    Big Boss Tim Schafer announcing an award

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    WHOA SCHAFER

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

but selfies

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

If the shit from all the way at E3 earlier in the year hasn't convinced you the wiiu isn't a waste of time then is there really anything they could announce that would?

Nintendo has the wiiu stacked for the future in content. If it isn't stuff you are keen on, then it probably just isn't for you.

Not that I disagree a feature for their level editor isn't sort of a weak announcement, but that company has already done all it needs to in terms of announcements imo.

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

the robot kicking over the riot shield phalanx was cool but yeah Im not going to play that game anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That was actually somewhat dickish, right after Kiefer Sutherland actually sounded interested.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Give Kevin Spacey best performance

This discussion has been closed.