As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] The Bard's Tale

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That kinda boring ARAM was worth it if only for the avalanche of shit talk that came out of the casters.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yeah it was as lackluster of an ARAM as they get, but the casting was an entertaining trainwreck

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    "Hey what if we all just yell out the ability names at the same time"
    *Completely unintelligible mess of words*
    "Wow, that was great."

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    They were poking fun at the way Koreans call the game. I thought it was pretty funny.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I caught that, thought it was pretty good.

I also liked the
    "And he goes back to the tower"

"Yup, that happened"

"SIX COMMENTERS AND THAT'S THE BEST WE CAN DO"

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    my friends basically only playing aram lately

this is the worst

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    DragonPup wrote: »
    I missed the first game, but I don't think Santorin was the problem in the second, or at least not the worst. He stole dragon from under UoL's noses like 3 times and were it not for that they'd have lost even harder.

Watch the first game not just for the jungle TF but for the most insane team fights. UoLs team fight coordination reminds me of old M5.

Twitch Link to first game
    Youtube Link to first game

Edit: Here are the links to the champ select for game one if you want to watch the casters and tsm do a 'wtf'

Picks and Bans Twitch
    Picks and Bans Youtube

fun game, thanks for the links mini

• Options
    The poppy revolution continues

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    The poppy revolution continues

The Poppy nerfed-to-death countdown timer has already started.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Unicorns of Love are the best thing to happen to the competitive scene in years.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    You know, I can't be the only one who likes watching League more than playing it lately, can I?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Poppy predictions for 4.22:
    • Damage threshold on passive doubled.
    • % max hp damage on Q halved (or switched over to current hp)
    • Duration of ult halved.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Ohh, I've been that way since like, the beginning of season four. I kinda burned out getting to gold at the end of s3, so I just screwed around this season, but lcs matches often are going on while I'm at work, and I can watch them at work.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    LANE HORSE.

butts
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh, hey. Hecarim pick.

EDIT: Lane horse, more like MURDERHORSE

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    We've also got a Xin jungle from UoL, so that's a whole lot of "fuck it, I'm going in". This should be fun.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know, I can't be the only one who likes watching League more than playing it lately, can I?

Having gotten a leaver buster warning despite not leaving games and very rarely dodging them either, and then proceeding to get nothing but curbstomp games with toxics while the server lags wildly... yeah I think watching streams during my workouts is enough for me right now.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Protip: Ignoring the Amumu sitting in the middle of your team with Rylais and Sunfire is NOT conducive to winning fights.

I just racked up almost 30 kills with the little guy in an ARAM because every time I went in, they were all "Ignore him! Slow walk towards the squishies!". They melted NICELY.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    That kick though

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

My time spent watching streams to time spent actually playing the game ratio is like 25:1

edit: Looks like C9 pretty much has UoL's number, but they are definitely the most exciting new LCS team. God bless UoL for making EULCS not a total snooze

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Everything about C9's team is boring, and are champions I'd rather see nerfed instead of Poppy.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Penta!

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    PENTAKIRU!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I want Lee Sin nerfed to Eve tier if he's played even remotely as often this next season as every season since his release.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Eve tier is like... B- tier. Unless you mean you want him to get the Eve Treatment(tm).

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I want Lee Sin nerfed to Eve tier if he's played even remotely as often this next season as every season since his release.
    Lee Sin has like a 46% win rate at diamond.

He's really really irritating but not really an issue. It took me a long time to come to terms with this.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Gonna play a game or two in a bit. I used to play WW way back when and enjoyed him, if he's still wtf omg op I may play him if he's unbanned. If so how to build him? Will put grandma skin to good use. If not, I hear my fav jungler is good again, Zac. How does one build him for the new season so far?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Nevermind. Played a game. Got reminded by how much people suck. Back to something else.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'm banned from playing games with friends because every time I queue with them, the matchups switch from bronze/silver ranked enemies to platinum/diamond.

I am nowhere near platinum/diamond level.

This is hilarious. :D

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular

My time spent watching streams to time spent actually playing the game ratio is like 25:1

edit: Looks like C9 pretty much has UoL's number, but they are definitely the most exciting new LCS team. God bless UoL for making EULCS not a total snooze

I watch LoL while playing Dark Souls. Watching to play ratio is completely broken by now.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Ahh SivHD covering the deep topics and schooling kids with ez

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

Ahh SivHD covering the deep topics and schooling kids with ez

Truly he is a mighty teacher with deep wisdom.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So the Wikd tank mao build is the most bullshit thing i have ever done. I took a full ghostblade infinity edge lucian ult and several aa with my ult down while i murdered lucian and then the support syndra

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular

Same here, a lot of times I can't commit to 1 hour to play a game so I'll watch a stream for a bit. Another big one is on days I decide to work from home I'll stream twitch over my living room tv while I work.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'm fanficking the hell out of a League based cartoon, and I'm thinking that it's has enough meat to actually have a pretty deep world.

For starters, we have the central conflict with Demacia and Noxious. That gives us Heroes and Villains - So Garen, J4, Lux and possibly either Galeo or Xin. On the Noxian side we Draven (ALWAYS DRAVEN), Darius, Katarina(?), and Talon.

We get great side plots with Riven origin, Swain taking over command, and the dark pact they make with Zaum. (Which also gives us singed, warwick).

We can have Demacia turn to hextech weaponry to try and tilt the war in their favor, which gives us episodes featuring Piltover and the introduction of Vi, Jayce, Jinx, and Blitzcrank.

While the factions are duking it out, we can have rumors of the horrors that are slowly escaping the shores of the shadow isles. Nothing major in the first season maybe a few scant cameos or subtle hints.

They can also briefly mention the war in the north and the brutality of the Frejlord conflict.

It is at this point, that I'm starting to realize this is dangerously close to Game of Thrones: The Animated Series.

Which, now that I think about it, that would be pretty freaking good. Now the question is whether or not to add McGuffin....

Roz on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Only if the McGuffin is poros.

League of Legends: Quest for the Poro King, obviously.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Nevermind. Played a game. Got reminded by how much people suck. Back to something else.

Maybe you're playing at the wrong time of day? I'm really nocturnal at the moment, and middle of the night/extremely late night/early early morning EST games feel like they have a much higher chance of ragers/leavers than more normal times. It also could just be that it's preseason. Or that some really obnoxious/frustrating jungle champions are being played with high frequency in non-draft modes.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.